Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

What time is the rugby at tomorrow? Is it clashing with the derby?
    Italy Vs Ireland is at 14:30 Irish time AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Twitter Twatter Twotter

Rumblings that.....

Glenjo is about to sign a new reduced wages deal

sign him and sell him for 2 million to west ham in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Bowlardo wrote: »
    sign him and sell him for 2 million to west ham in the summer

If only football manager was real life....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ferry booked for Tuesday. We still haven't lost a game that I've been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Twitter Twatter Twotter

Rumblings that.....

Glenjo is about to sign a new reduced wages deal

https://vine.co/v/OiWTjiPJJE9

#neverforget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Ferry booked for Tuesday. We still haven't lost a game that I've been to.

I have a 100% record of overhead kick goals.

Tried one,scored one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Watched at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Safe to say you're not Robbie Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Sterling still not having signed a new contract is the only thing taking the shine off the recent run of form. So many postivies, if we could just get him to commit pen to paper it would be great. These rumours about Madrid and Chelsea hovering aren't going away. I know all the arguments against giving a player so young the type of money he wants but he is currently playing like a player that deserves it. Tie him down for the next 4/5 years now at 100k as the funny thing is I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg in terms of the player he will become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Sterling still not having signed a new contract is the only thing taking the shine off the recent run of form. So many postivies, if we could just get him to commit pen to paper it would be great. These rumours about Madrid and Chelsea hovering aren't going away. I know all the arguments against giving a player so young the type of money he wants but he is currently playing like a player that deserves it. Tie him down for the next 4/5 years now at 100k as the funny thing is I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg in terms of the player he will become.

He might be waiting to see how this season pans out...probably wants to be in CL next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've been grooming you and Turty for months.

I'm coming from the rear though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brevity wrote: »
    He might be waiting to see how this season pans out...probably wants to be in CL next season?

I think he split from his agent recently (according to the ever reliable twitter anyhow), so not sure if it's related or not. Hopefully he will sign up anyhow to at least guarantee a better price if he does leave in a couple of years time.

brevity wrote: »

Yeah that could well be the deal breaker. Even in terms of how much the club are prepared to offer could depend on us being in the CL. I just find it hard to believe we can't convince him either way given his age. He seems to have a great rapport with the manager, I've never seen a Liverpool team so together over the last couple of months at least from the outside looking in. He surely must look at the ages of Coutinho, Sturridge, Can, Sakho, etc and think this team can do great things in the future. It would be such a body blow to lose him and after Suarez last season it feels like we would again be taking a step forward only to take two back. I thought for all the world it would get done eventually but the fact it's still rumbling on is starting to become worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

he's got two years left...contracts mean jack **** till there in last year

Is that your line of attack with three? :pac: Yes I was boards stalking you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Allen needs to be cut some slack, Hes not long back from injury and needs time to find his feet again. People forget that he was a big part of the team that challenged for the title last season.

No he wasn't! Allen has done almost nothing in a Liverpool shirt so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Well the next few weeks are really going to make or break our season.

Everton, Totenham, Southampton and City in the league.
    Besiktas home and away and Palace in the Cups.

Its quite a run of games to be honest. Can we get 9 points plus from the league games and progress in both cups. Do that and we are right up there.

I think we can, we know how Everton are struggling, but its a derby.

Tottenham will be tough but they are worse defensively than us, if we can keep tabs on Eriksen and Kane thats half the battle with them.

Southampton are struggling for goals a bit, Pelle has forgotten how to score and assist while Long is out injured, they are struggling with injuries a bit and play the hammers before they face us.

And City are City, they have traditionally gotten stronger from this stage of the season so anything against them will be a bonus.

The cups are intriguing, we are definitely due a win at palace at this stage after failing miserably there this season and last. Besiktas is a tough place to go Bilic is a decent coach and they are currently second in their league so going well, we also have the return of Demba Ba.

Quite a few weeks coming up in fairness, we need to take at least 7 points in the league, 9 or more would be a huge bonus along with progression in the cups.

Utd have quite an easy run of games apart from maybe West Ham and Tottenham, they then play us at Anfield on the 22nd of March, we cant be too far away from them when that came comes around.

Arsenal likewise have a nice run of games apart from this weekend they have only maybe Everton and maybe West Ham before they play us in early April.

I think our new found defensive stability and the long awaited return of Sturridge and his effectiveness is about to be tested big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

gafferino wrote: »

Looks lovely. I like what you've done with the place.

the kelt wrote: »

I think our new found defensive stability and the long awaited return of Sturridge and his effectiveness is about to be tested big time.

Good post. Nice though to be facing into this run with optimism. I think our displays against Chelsea especially show we can compete with this system against anyone and had Sturridge been fit to play in those games the difference he would have made would have been huge. So while this will be a pivitol run in the season as a fan all I am now thinking having seen the rejuvenation in form, playing style and Sturridge returning is 'Bring it on'. Some difference from earlier in the season, dreading every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I had actually forgotten about the Europa League until Kelt's post above. Jaysus :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Knex. wrote: »

I was in a rush... surprised it wasnt up already :o

Knex. wrote: »

It won't be lovely for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He deserves a pay rise at least. a significant one

I'm going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm going in.

Be safe, match threads father enough ******s without you adding to their number :pac:

31C42jAGjkL._SY300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gerrard's LA Galaxy shirt to cost $175-$205

gotta fund that contract somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Lads is the movie one night in Istanbul any good, might watch it later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

john why wrote: »
    Lads is the movie one night in Istanbul any good, might watch it later

I prefer one night in Paris personally .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

8-10 wrote: »
    He deserves a pay rise at least. a significant one[/QUOTE

without doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any leaked team news lads or instead of me regularly asking this where do you get this info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Any leaked team news lads or instead of me regularly asking this where do you get this info.

Twitter normally

Mignolet; Can, Skrtel, Sakho; Sterling, Henderson, Lucas, Moreno; Gerrard, Coutinho; Sturridge

Leaked lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I heard on a podcast the other day, can't remember which one that the delay is simply down to his switch between management companies and a bit of a row over who get's the pound of flesh. Apparantly all parties have agreed on the contract, I hope this is the case anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

5starpool wrote: »
    Mignolet; Can, Skrtel, Sakho; Sterling, Henderson, Lucas, Moreno; Gerrard, Coutinho; Sturridge

Leaked lineup.

Is that Sterling at WB?

CSF wrote: »
    Is that Sterling at WB?

Henderson I'd guess.

I reckon it'd line up like this:

Mignolet
    ---Can--Skrtel--Sakho
    Henderson
    Moreno
    ----Lucas---Gerrard---
    Coutinho
    --Sterling--Sturridge--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Haven't seen too much of Liverpool recently, how is the 3 at the back working? I notice a lot of 1-0s and such in recent weeks, is the play just solid and eeking out a goal or has it been missing chances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson I'd guess.

I reckon it'd line up like this:

Mignolet
    ---Can--Skrtel--Sakho
    Henderson
    Moreno
    ----Lucas---Gerrard---
    Coutinho
    --Sterling--Sturridge--

A blind man and his dog knows Gerrard and Lucas doesn't work in midfield.

If the managers goes with that it's another bad decision on his behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liam O wrote: »
    Haven't seen too much of Liverpool recently, how is the 3 at the back working? I notice a lot of 1-0s and such in recent weeks, is the play just solid and eeking out a goal or has it been missing chances?

Very solid at the back, dominating games albeit poor opposition bar chelsea, creating lot of chances just lacking a finisher. With danny back that should change.

BBC sent a reporter out in Liverpool before the derby.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnorthwesttonight?fref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

BBC sent a reporter out in Liverpool before the derby.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnorthwesttonight?fref=nf

Thats cool :)

A blind man and his dog knows Gerrard and Lucas doesn't work in midfield.

If the managers goes with that it's another bad decision on his behalf.

It has been shown many times, but playing Sterling at wing back would be more controversial I reckon.

Playing Henderson at rwb is a complete waste of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

It has been shown many times, but playing Sterling at wing back would be more controversial I reckon.

If Gerrard has to play, why not put him in the RWB position. No matter where he plays he will be a weak link defensively, but at least the likes of Lucas and Henderson are still in their best positions. And between Can and Lucas they might be able to cover anyone that runs past Gerrard.

Thats cool :)

I'd heard of 'the flying pig' before but didn't remember any details, He looked made up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Lawrence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

mav79 wrote: »
    If Gerrard has to play, why not put him in the RWB position. No matter where he plays he will be a weak link defensively, but at least the likes of Lucas and Henderson are still in their best positions. And between Can and Lucas they might be able to cover anyone that runs past Gerrard.

I think that wing back would be the worst possible position to put Gerrard in, considering his age and legs. Didn't Sterling play WB for us in the past, so I dont see the problem with trying it again.

I'd play stevie in front of Lucas and Henderson alongside Coutinho with Sturridge up top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Playing Henderson at rwb is a complete waste of him.

Better option than putting Johnson or Manquillo there though.

Henderson will keep tabs on Baines at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I would rather sterling at wing back and gerrard behind sturridge than henderson at wing back and gerrard in midfield with lucas. Anything to avoid gerrard in midfield with lucas.

Its ridiculous really though, shuffling around a winning team to accomodate gerrard. Our best 11 for tomorrow doesnt include gerrard and yet theres not a hope of us seeing it. Infuriating. Like i said a couple days ago, ill be glad when hes gone

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement