Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

djPSB wrote: »
    Better option than putting Johnson or Manquillo there though.

Henderson will keep tabs on Baines at least.

I think its more important to keep Hendo in the middle, hes just too vital in there for us, id play Manquillo but i fear Brendan may go with Hendo right and Gerrard in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have a feeling we are going to throw away valuable points just to secure a last hooray for Gerard. Just when we finally get some momentum going we throw a party for the man leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

rarnes1
    Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Grayditch
    murpho999
    Nuri Sahin
    Raif Severance
    Kerrigooney
    Charlie19
    5starpool
    Agent Coulson

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sterling, Coutinho and Gerrard all play best in a central position imo, so it'll be hard to fit them all in attacking central positions. Gerrard at rwb is never going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

5starpool wrote: »
    Sterling, Coutinho and Gerrard all play best in a central position imo, so it'll be hard to fit them all in attacking central positions. Gerrard at rwb is never going to happen.

What about the role Can has played so far? I don't for a second think it will happen but if Gerrard was staying beyond this season I would have been happy to try him in the position Can plays in the back 3 and see how he gets on. We can then move Can to rcb or midfield or one of the attacking three. No point though developing him for that position when he is leaving. It is a real shame that he isnt just happy to be an impact sub because he could have been a real weapon for us in that role moving forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mada999 wrote: »
    rarnes1
    Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Grayditch
    murpho999
    Nuri Sahin
    Raif Severance
    Kerrigooney
    Charlie19
    5starpool
    Agent Coulson

comment_NKjsE5CtyGBIVdoEJpW1eWVqFcqVktdj.gif

Is that what you're doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

mada999 wrote: »
    rarnes1
    Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Grayditch
    murpho999
    Nuri Sahin
    Raif Severance
    Kerrigooney
    Charlie19
    5starpool
    Agent Coulson

Murpho999 won't feel so left out now.

What about the role Can has played so far? I don't for a second think it will happen but if Gerrard was staying beyond this season I would have been happy to try him in the position Can plays in the back 3 and see how he gets on. We can then move Can to rcb or midfield or one of the attacking three. No point though developing him for that position when he is leaving. It is a real shame that he isnt just happy to be an impact sub because he could have been a real weapon for us in that role moving forward.

Rightly or wrongly, this is a game he was always going to start, fitness permitting. As for the cb thing, I'm not sure he is positionally disciplined for it. We'll never really know anyhow I guess.

He could well be inspired tomorrow, so hopefully that will be the case. I'm not in favour of him being in cm, but I'm not as dismayed as others here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Rightly or wrongly, this is a game he was always going to start, fitness permitting. As for the cb thing, I'm not sure he is positionally disciplined for it. We'll never really know anyhow I guess.

He could well be inspired tomorrow, so hopefully that will be the case. I'm not in favour of him being in cm, but I'm not as dismayed as others here.

Love nothing more than for him to put in an inspired performance tomorrow. I think it's incredibly sad after all he has done for the club to be talking about him not being the best option in his last derby. I think if we are on the front foot and dominate the game he will look very good as usual in midfield. If we struggle and go behind and he tries to dictate and vacates his position is when things will go wrong.

Love nothing more than for him to put in an inspired performance tomorrow. I think it's incredibly sad after all he has done for the club to be talking about him not being the best option in his last derby. I think if we are on the front foot and dominate the game he will look very good as usual in midfield. If we struggle and go behind and he tries to dictate and vacates his position is when things will go wrong.

On form he shouldn't start, should be on bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Augeo wrote:
    On form he shouldn't start, should be on bench.

form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fcuk it, its his last derby, lets just have stevie g v everton, he'd beat them on his own anyway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

sweetie wrote: »
    form is temporary, class is permanent.

Class gets old and retires...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Class gets old and retires...

And lives in California 😔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

U21s playing at Man Citys swanky new Academy ground.

FT City 1 - 2 Liverpool (goals from Wilson and Tricky-Smith from the spot)

Team - Vigouroux, McLaughlin, Smith, Cleary, McGuire, Williams, Randall, O'Hanlon, Sinclair, Branagan, Wilson
    Subs - Fulton, Chrivella, Canos, Trickett-Smith, Philips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Could he secure a football career despite suffering from Osgood-Schlatters, a growing pains condition requiring regular treatment?

Never knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    Never knew.

So Ferguson was right all along - he just didn't have the medical term for running from the hips. Prescient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

whats the story with flanno ? have the club offered him a new deal yet ?

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    whats the story with flanno ? have the club offered him a new deal yet ?

Not as far as I've heard, so free to leave in a few months as it stands. Henderson also out of contract after next season too, so need to get that sorted as well.

mosstin wrote: »
    So Ferguson was right all along - he just didn't have the medical term for running from the hips. Prescient.

Was it not running from the knees Ferguson was complaining about?

And he was almost right, Henderson suffers from growing from the knees.

Bugger, we needed a draw or a Arsenal in there.

Ojo starts on bench for Wigan v Bournemouth.

Harry Kane seems to be the real deal. Going to be hard to handle next week.

Spurs win is better than an Arsenal win I think. Spurs have the more difficult games left and we need to over take several of the teams above us. If we win tonight we are 2 behind Spurs, 1 behind Arsenal, with Utd to play tomorrow. Southampton should win this afternoon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I'd have taken a Spurs win over an Arsenal win, Arsenal have the easier fixtures remaining of the two. A draw would have been ideal though.

Edit, damn you and your nimble fingers 5starpool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Result makes the match thread a lot more important. ..a lot of Arsenal fans will be pledging their swords to the Everton cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Harry Kane seems to be the real deal. Going to be hard to handle next week.

He seems equipped to score all types of goals, will need careful handling. Arsenal's new approach didn't pay off today, I wonder will Arsene revert to what he knows best? This could be a great result for us, if it precipitates a drop in form/confidence in the Arsenal team, considering we have the opportunity to do the same to Spurs next weekend.

Our last 3 results against Spurs have been increasingly worse.

5-0
    4-0
    3-0

Sadly only a 2-0 win on the cards for us on Tuesday.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Result makes the match thread a lot more important. ..a lot of Arsenal fans will be pledging their swords to the Everton cause.

Trident beats Sword, you win!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Trident beats Sword, we win!

Thanks for the support friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

dRRsJfi.jpg

Doing anything tonight Raif? We will need to talk about your predilection for random capitals in your posts, but I'm confident we can work through these things..

Knex. wrote: »
    Never knew.

So a player with Osgood-Schlatters, a player with a teenage heart murmur, a player with hereditary muscle weakness....anyone else? Jasus!

So a player with Osgood-Schlatters, a player with a teenage heart murmur, a player with hereditary muscle weakness....anyone else? Jasus!

So what was the reason we pulled out of the Remy deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I heard a story involving someone called Pablo and an offer to play football in Columbia

He was thought to be dead when Dr Zak felt him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

The Liverpool Medic thought Chelsea needed more players

Thanks for the support friend.

We ain't friends buddy.
    Test was too rigorous
    Andy-Carroll-undergoes-hi-007.jpg

Spurs win the 2nd best that could happen after a draw.

Arsenal win would have been a mess. Struggling without their main man

Means fcuk all unless we win today and Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Spurs win the 2nd best that could happen after a draw.

Arsenal win would have been a mess. Struggling without their main man

Means fcuk all unless we win today and Tuesday

4 points would do. Can't lose Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Must win today.

4clUS3z.png

• Advertisement

Brendan's teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ibe starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Big opportunity for Jordan Ibe.

Ojo came on as sub for Wigan after 58 mins. According to twitter he's been very good so far. Decent senior debut appearance for him anyhow. Hopefully he'll get a decent amount of game time for them.

Huge call in a match like this. Could very well work. Rodgers clearly sees huge potential in Ibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Osgood-Schlatter Disease is generally no biggy - the quads pull on that bump on your tibia under the kneecap and the area gets inflamed. I worked with a few younger teens with it and it tends to disappear after rest then conservative rehab.

SM01 wrote: »
    Osgood-Schlatter Disease is generally no biggy - the quads pull on that bump on your tibia under the kneecap and the area gets inflamed. I worked with a few younger teens with it and it tends to disappear after rest then conservative rehab.

You took the words out of my mouth.

City draw, Soton last minute winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Southampton just won't go away. Need to keep our momentum going today now

• Advertisement

Fugging Saints.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement