Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ojo related tweets
    Adam @adam_wafc · 2m2 minutes ago

On a positive note, Ojo looked good, caused problems and the team played with a bit of passion unlike past home games. Roll on Forest #wafc
    Elliot Jones @ElliotJones1997 · 12m12 minutes ago

One massive positive is the new signings impressed! Clarke looks like the proper striker we needed and Ojo looks very exciting #wafc
    Scott Williams @SW9797 · 14m14 minutes ago

@sheyi_ojo was quality when he came on today, good running and incisive passes. Might be looking up at Wigan
    Will Kozer @willkozza · 16m16 minutes ago

I know we need points, but there were signs of improvement! Kim & Ojo looked decent!
    rince Charles @chazzaot111 · 16m16 minutes ago

@GreggoHD McClean looked good so did that Ojo, shame soke of your fans (Jay) are delusional *****
    Jack Unsworth @jack_unsworth · 19m19 minutes ago

bournemouth very good side, genuine positives to take to, clark, ojo & herd all impressed, onwards and upwards
    Martin Roche @Essex_Wiganer · 28m28 minutes ago

Colchester, England
    Clarke will never score...scores, ojo..looks some player. Didn't give up.#wafc
    Andrew Beasley @BassTunedToRed · 42m42 minutes ago

Ojo has been on for about 20 mins, and has already completed more dribbles than any of his teammates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance Southampton will give us a £50m refund on Lallana, Lambert & Lovren this summer so we can go out and buy a world class striker and defensive midfielder.

It seems to me when Gerrard is in the team most of the other players seem to have horrible games.

Gerrard isn't good enough anymore and that is a shame but he should never start another game for Liverpool he is now a last 20 minute sub player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

It seems to me when Gerrard is in the team most of the other players seem to have horrible games.

Gerrard isn't good enough anymore and that is a shame but he should never start another game for Liverpool he is now a last 20 minute sub player.

Ya looks like he's running through treacle out there, of course if that fk goes in its all people will talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Can't believe we played for the draw at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Tbh Stevie looks like he knows he's done. When it all kicked off he was on the peripheral... thats not the Stevie of old. Sad but thats just the way it is i guess.

Brendan made a mistake today. He needs to learn from this and grow as a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lllllaaaaaammmeee.

Bleugh! Two points dropped in all truth. Ibe, Can and Mignolet can take the plaudits, everyone else to a greater or lesser degree was lulled into a sort of footballing stupor by Evertons sleep inducing tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fair to say gerrard is leaving at the right time for both parties. Hopefully lucas injury isn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I still think Top 4 is going to be a big ask especially after that result. Today was a great chance to creep up on Arsenal and stay just marginally behind Spurs too. We have quite a bit of ground now to make up on all the teams above us now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Gerrard should not have Started.

But for him to last the Full Game, was just Unbelievable.

That was Points dropped due to Sentimentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If this season turns into the Steven Gerrard valedictory tour of England, we will not make Europe. Rodgers really needs to grow a pair where he's concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gerrard leaving will save Rodgers' career at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Would like to see Ibe in the front 3. He did very well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Stevie is probably crocked for the next game which is a huge one for us.

Hope Lucas is ok but the way he went off the pitch straight away doesn't look good. Allen can't do it for us at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Decent performance without much penatration in attack. Once Coutinho went off the link to our attack completely disappeared. I hope it was a knock which made the decision for Rodgers or is is terrible in game management. The Lambert sub was also baffling. OK Sterling had disappeared out of the game but he is still liable to pop up with a bit of magic.

Augeo wrote: »
    Over the next 18 games ........

11W, 5D & 2L yields 38 points and a season total of 67 points, realistically I can't see anything over 67 points this year. I do think that 67 points is achievable though.

After 3 wins we see the first draw in a while, another clean sheet though and away to Everton a point is nothing to be ashamed of.

25 points from 36 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

Ibe impresses, clean sheet achieved without Lucas on the pitch (for the most part).

Not a wonderful evening but 14 games left so still in with a shout of top 4 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

4 clean sheets in a row and fairly dominant. Just a real lack of cutting edge at the moment.

Do we have a decent defense now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Will have to beat Spurs and United at Anfield to be in with a top 4 shot.

On the upside, 4 PL clean sheets in a row.

On form he shouldn't start, should be on bench.

Blot in Rodger's copy starting Gerrard tonight, no room for sentimentality at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Can't believe we played for the draw at the end.

Same. That was the big thing. Especially after bringing on Lambert. It seemed so strange to see us waste time then at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pretty disappointed with that.

Especially the last 20 minutes, nobody looked like they were arsed about winning the game.
    That goes for the manager as well. No idea what was going on with the subs and why Gerrard played the full 90 despite doing absolutely nothing.

You can waffle about having someone to take set pieces but we sacrificed creating chances by having Gerrard on the pitch.

We got **** all support to Sturridge and that wasn't a coincidence - no Coutinho no party.
    Tonight's the ultimate example of why stats can be meaningless - we were ****e going forward, regardless of how many chances it says we created.

A wasted chance against a team that was always going to struggle to threaten us. Too safe.

Pretty good performances when you take into account Everton putting pressure on us in possession, Allen being limited, Gerrard simply not being up to snuff anymore and a few derby debutants. Just let down by the selection and subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

The Mig is a different player these last few weeks, I no longer have to peek through my fingers anytime the opposition are in our half, and I can stay in the room if they have a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Awful game hopefully play better on Tuesday when I am over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

4 clean sheets in a row and fairly dominant. Just a real lack of cutting edge at the moment.

Do we have a decent defense now?

Yes. And the best keeper in the league...he's a clean sheet machine.

After 3 wins we see the first draw in a while, another clean sheet though and away to Everton a point is nothing to be ashamed of.

25 points from 36 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

Ibe impresses, clean sheet achieved without Lucas on the pitch (for the most part).

Not a wonderful evening but 14 games left so still in with a shout of top 4 imo.

Away point against a terrible Everton side lacking in confidence and clearly playing for a point from the start is nothing to be proud about. Absolutely there for the taking this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Blot in Rodger's copy starting Gerrard tonight, no room for sentimentality at this level.

Your habit of constantly quoting yourself is getting kinda weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lovren is going to have to start being eased back into the team. He's not done well when he's played but he hasn't been part of a team with a proper DM all that often and he's proven to be a good player. Chant just leave him out forever. If he can start working well in defence it let's Can play in the midfield, which I'm sure is something every Liverpool fan is crying out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers totally at blame for that. Shockingly poor game

• Advertisement

Lovren is going to have to start being eased back into the team. He's not done well when he's played but he hasn't been part of a team with a proper DM all that often and he's proven to be a good player. Chant just leave him out forever. If he can start working well in defence it let's Can play in the midfield, which I'm sure is something every Liverpool fan is crying out for.

Eh? Why? Four clean sheets in a row?

mosstin wrote: »
    Eh? Why? Four clean sheets in a row?

cos he cost over 20 million that's why. At some point he'll have to be rehabilitated. Just a case of picking the moment! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

4 clean sheets in a row.

No need to fix it if it ain't broken.

Away point against a terrible Everton side lacking in confidence and clearly playing for a point from the start is nothing to be proud about. Absolutely there for the taking this evening.

I didn't say I was proud of the performance, football isn't as straight forward as your post suggests, Liverpool were 13/10 to win with the bookmakers, not overly fancied in other words ;)

It adds clarity imo :)
    Saves me having to say crap like, "as I mentioned earlier" etc etc
    Apologies if you find it weird but it suits me

cos he cost over 20 million that's why. At some point he'll have to be rehabilitated. Just a case of picking the moment! :)

Same for Mario then? Don't think price comes into it. Defence has finally clicked - it would be the wrong time to change for the same of change.

Same for Mario then? Don't think price comes into it. Defence has finally clicked - it would be the wrong time to change for the same of change.

Not remotely the same. Lovren was bought as a long term part of the team, balo was a panic buy.

• Advertisement

Lovren to come in for the EL games and Can to move into midfield for those games is the way I would go till the end of the season.

Save Lucas for the league games.

I'm sure Lovren will be rehabilitated by Rodgers in due course, can't all be done at once, Mig looks improved, Can introduced & performing and now Ibe.

Step by step etc etc.

Toure to come back too so Lovren isn't an immediate priority as far as I see things.

Not remotely the same. Lovren was bought as a long term part of the team, balo was a panic buy.

You mentioned price. Regardless of what he cost, or what the plan when we bought him was, he doesn't come back into the team when we've just had a run of 4 clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rodgers just said Liverpool were outstanding.

Yeah.

Sure.

"Gerrard terrific. Terrific work rate without the ball".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What an amazingly bizarre post. Lovern has no future at the club. This should be obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Kirby wrote: »

Yeah.

Sure.

Did he say we played with character? :P

monkey9 wrote: »
    What an amazingly bizarre post. Lovern has no future at the club. This should be obvious.

I think he does but absolutely not right now.

Kirby wrote: »

Yeah.

Sure.

Seriously :eek:

Not at all like Rodgers to speel out that stuff, unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I missed the match, sounds like Rodgers ballsed up a little. In all fairness though we've played a lot of football lately so im not surprised or too disheartened at the result. Whats the story with Lucas' injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Liverpool dominant-ish without a cutting edge going forward. Everton worked tirelessly in defense.

Gerrard was really poor and I cannot understand the point in bringing Lambert on. He has been terrible for us this season.

Ibe is going to be some player.

Regarding Tuesday, hopefully Lucas and Coutinho injuries don't rule them out. Im heading over Tuesday morning so hopefully we grab a much needed win against Top 4 challengers.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can and Sakho both made several mistakes tonight. Skrtel was our best defender, and probably our best player all told I thought. We still can't break down teams who park the bus and make no real errors unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I missed the match, sounds like Rodgers ballsed up a little. In all fairness though we've played a lot of football lately so im not surprised or too disheartened at the result. Whats the story with Lucas' injury?

He pulled up. Looked like his thigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

5starpool wrote: »
    Can and Sakho both made several mistakes tonight. Skrtel was our best defender, and probably our best player all told I thought. We still can't break down teams who park the bus and make no real errors unfortunately.

Really? Not Coutinho, apparently the best player in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BMJD wrote: »
    The Mig is a different player these last few weeks, I no longer have to peek through my fingers anytime the opposition are in our half, and I can stay in the room if they have a corner.
    I think he does but absolutely not right now.

He's gone in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Postception.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement