Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He had no choice but to rip up the formation though. We lost the best player to ever play in the league and our other forward is a crock. We were poor defensively last year but got away with it because teams were on the back foot against us so much.

Theres an argument to say i suppose that he has changed it because he brought in the wrong players. Whatever way its looked at he is making bad decisions, moreso than the individuals at his disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He must have read this thread!

He told Rodgers he can't take rent allowance for the gaff anymore, and it didn't go down well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

klose wrote: »
    Twitter rumours going around that gerrard is leaving

Leaving Anfield and dropping Rodgers off on his way home "I'll be round to collect the rent tomorrow"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Regarding Gerrard,
    I would love for him to be given a contract to see out his career at Liverpool, would hate to see him playing for anyone else. But I would also love to have a manager that was strong enough to bench him and play the best players to suit the positions available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

darced wrote: »
    You would swear Hendo wasn't having an abysmal season by the chat from some on here,he has been a passenger for the majority of the season and is also lucky to still be starting.

Lucas is starting to flag again too and probably ready to get injured about now.

He's having a bad season as hes played I'd imagine 90% of the games out of position either rm or rwb as of now. He was awesome in the middle of the park v Swansea, very important player for us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Can in CM or CB is welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is there any chance we could just sell our entire squad in jan and start from scratch because we honestly have more **** then good

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is there any chance we could just sell our entire squad in jan and start from scratch because we honestly have more **** then good

How many players would fetch over 20m?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Last season I thought so, but this season it seems that it was nothing to do with him & he was riding the coat tails of two players in truly world class form.

Form that neither players have reached before or have since (I know, it's only been 6 months). He deserves credit for getting the best out of them, cause no other manager has achieved that to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Gerrard to LA Galaxy to be announced tomorrow

Gits_bone wrote: »
    How many players would fetch over 20m?

None are worth that imo, maybe just maybe sterling thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

3 goals and 5 assists in EPL & CL. Not fantastic but far from abysmal. Especially as he hasn't been playing in his preferred position all of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

slingerz wrote: »

We'll end up with him back on loan every season.

Like olden Liverpool times.

Gerrard to Keaannneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

We'll end up with him back on loan every season.

Or city will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well that would be an awful shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If it's the case, why the **** was he played today?

• Advertisement

Maybe he only got his visa after the game.

Probably a pre contract agreement and will leave in the summer id imagine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I know perspective isn't tolerated normally around here but the invincible Chelsea team conceded 5 goals to an average spurs side. Today's result was unacceptable but the pl is crazy especially around this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Nope, in my view last season was in spite of Rodgers.

Grab your coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

take out two dodgy penos and he is third.

Be interesting to see if this MLS stuff is true, if he is going at the end of the season then it's still a problem. Even more of one actually as he'll be expecting a final jog round the pitch every game if you see what I mean.

• Advertisement

That's it.

Failure to sign a top class centre forward was always going to come back to haunt Rodgers.

Sturridge missing since for nearly the whole 1st half of the season was unfortunate

Wasting money on wasters like Ballotelli made it worse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

daithijjj wrote: »
    Couple of points.

1. Henderson did as well as anyone forcing the play high up the pitch from a central slot last year. He wasnt there to make runs, he was there to use his energy pressurising. Runs were a by product.

2. Signing a DM to ease Gerrard out is what ive been saying for years. What has the manager done about it?. Signed one and doesnt play him. If anything it is Can who is having to play out of position or not at all rather than Henderson. The fact he can be used elsewhere is irrelevant, he is a DM option.

3. The manager making mistakes is not Gerrard or Henderson's problem at an individual level. It's the managers. Out of his depth at the moment.

I totally agree and it seems that BR is doing nothing about it. I thought Can was going to be the muscle and control that we needed. I previously thought that Hendo would do this but he is way better in the position he is in now.

Does Gerrard have some clause in his contract that says 'must play when fit' or some BS like that? The guy is a legend but today was a perfect chance to have pretty much the same team again and let them develop. There is always time to bring Stevie in as a sub later on. I think he would be way more effective as an impact sub. We don't really have any.

I can't understand it...when it comes to Mario, Borini, Min, Allen, etc anyone who is not good enough, or doesn't fit into the system, BR makes the call - takes time but he does it. About Gerrard it seems that he is calling the shots. He does not fit into the system...not if others have to be moved around to suit him. He is not the world class player he used to be. I have been saying it for years. He has flashes of brilliance, the brilliant tackles, long deadly passes, 30 yard screamers but those are virtually gone. Loads can take penos now on the team, got loads of practice recently! For all that he offers, I would much prefer to see the same team for a few games to see how they fit than try and bring an old dinosaur back and fit others around him. Consistency is one of the keys here.

Ah sorry for ranting, I have seen this coming for a long time now and can't understand why he is still the first name on the team sheet.

take out two dodgy penos and he is third.

Be interesting to see if this MLS stuff is true, if he is going at the end of the season then it's still a problem. Even more of one actually as he'll be expecting a final jog round the pitch every game if you see what I mean.

Any truth to it and the only game time he should be guaranteed is cup games and the final game of the season so long as the title is wrapped up by then.

We certainly love our scapegoats ... Mig/Skrtel/Moreno/Gerard/Ballo/Lucas/Sahko/Lovren ... jaysus wept. Michael Owen was probably commentating somewhere too it was all his fault!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We certainly love our scapegoats ... Mig/Skrtel/Moreno/Gerard/Ballo/Lucas/Sahko/Lovren ... jaysus wept. Michael Owen was probably commentating somewhere too it was all his fault!

No it's all the posters on message boards who have "Agendas" or are "Plastic Fans" who criticise the team instaed of blindly supporting the players and manager who are at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Didn't get to watch any of the match but sounded like it was painful.

Same frustrating ****.

If you're not going to play Henderson center midfield than don't bother playing him. There is a RB on the bench who can play RB just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Every fanbase is exactly the same. It's not just us.

No it's all the posters on message boards who have "Agendas" or are "Plastic Fans" who criticise the team instaed of blindly supporting the players and manager who are at fault.

Manager AND players ... well said. It's a team collective game lads. I always thought that being a Liverpool supporter was as close to a rollercoaster as possible and we literally lived and died by the results. Win and everything is fine, but lose and we are very quick to jump all over the performance. Like all supporters i guess in many ways - just viewing the Chelsea thread and jaysus wept, you'd swear they lost the league today!!! Would gladly swap squads!

I reckon it is inbedded in us these days and even before the United/Arsenal games even the past players were heaping the pressure on BR by insinuating that he was for the chop if we didn't turn it around. We don't do ourselves any favours.

Not that anyone is above critisism ... BR is definately going through the motions this season. He should be learning alot from these games. Lets be honest, every manager in the game goes through the videos of the game afterwards, disects what went wrong and puts a plan in place to address that - so there is no way he can't see that Gerard is clearly struggling. Lets hope he can rectify it sooner rather than later.

7/9 points though ... we'll have to take it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I blame the fans with their agendas.

The manager the players are doing fine its nothing to do with them at all.

Be careful, Kerrigooney will be all over you for these types of posts, no need for them at all, what are you trying to achieve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Any truth to it and the only game time he should be guaranteed is cup games and the final game of the season so long as the title is wrapped up by then.
    Why? The MLS season begins in March. If he's seriously moving then he is better off moving in the January transfer window so he has a break before the start of their season.

He's 34 now and will be 35 before the season finishes. The MLS season will run until October/November. He doesn't have the physical ability to complete the Premier League season and start into another league albeit a slower/less physical one.

If he has decided to go then I wish him well and it will give Rodgers one less selection headache to deal with which can only be a positive thing.

Talisman wrote: »
    Why? The MLS season begins in March. If he's seriously moving then he is better off moving in the January transfer window so he has a break before the start of their season.

He's 34 now and will be 35 before the season finishes. The MLS season will run until October/November. He doesn't have the physical ability to complete the Premier League season and start into another league albeit a slower/less physical one.

If he has decided to go then I wish him well and it will give Rodgers one less selection headache to deal with which can only be a positive thing.

Your last paragraph was my point. If he has decided to go at the end of the season he shouldn't be considered for anything other than cup games and a token run out for the last home game. It removes the difficult choice from 'The Rodgers' and gives a chance to get some new players settled in.

7/9 points though ... we'll have to take it and move on.
    Certainly sounds better than 8/12 or 8/15. But we've been here before this season prior to the discovery of the 3-4-3 formation:

Stoke 1-0
    Leicester 3-1
    Sunderland 0-0

On today's team selection and performance it would seem that lessons from the first part of the season have not been learned.

Your last paragraph was my point. If he has decided to go at the end of the season he shouldn't be considered for anything other than cup games and a token run out for the last home game. It removes the difficult choice from 'The Rodgers' and gives a chance to get some new players settled in.
    My point is why keep him around? There's a home game against West Ham on January 31st - he could say his goodbyes then rather than in May.

Where are these rumours about gerrard coming from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Some random no marks on Twitter as far as I can tell

Talisman wrote: »
    My point is why keep him around? There's a home game against West Ham on January 31st - he could say his goodbyes then rather than in May.

I was just working off the assumption it would be an end of season thing. He could still contribute over the rest of the season, the hard part is making him see that that contribution doesn't involve him starting every game.

Be careful, Kerrigooney will be all over you for these types of posts, no need for them at all, what are you trying to achieve?

tumblr_nbm0mdQuqe1tjsfjuo1_400.gif

Twitter = bull**** rumours = why im not on twitter

It's being reported by Sky Italia now. Don't know how reliable they are tho.

Id imagine liverpool is one of the worst clubs around for leaking info out, team news and transfers are often called on it before the papers get it and turn out to be true.

It's all speculation.

In the press conference before the Leicester game at beginning of December, Rodgers said that Gerrard had been offered a new contract. In the post match interview with BT Sport he said that Gerrard was a the stage of his career where he had to make a life decision, he wouldn't play for another team in England but might want to move abroad. It's a decision that he and his family have to make.

Afterwards there was a story on Fox Sports News that both LA Galaxy and NY Red Bulls were interested in signing the player.

This evening it has been reported that LA Galaxy have offered him a contract:
    DiMarzio report: L.A. Galaxy make contract offer to Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Give it a rest.......there's enough bollox on here, why add more?

[Q
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Finished rereading the FSG statement. Feel consoled. Now a post from Augeo reiterating that we've turned the corner and are playing brilliantly would fully restore that 'everything is beautiful' feeling.

I appreciate the recognition Lloyd :) I do hope that when the time comes you will tip your hat to me across cyber space using this very part of the www to acknowledge my confidence in Rodgers and the assembled squad, that moment may not be this season but knowing how reactive some folk are in here it could be in a couple of weeks :D

Regarding the corner since the 3 losses on the spin we have attained 15 points from a possible 24, almost 1.9 points per game, I still maintain we have turned a corner. 8 games ago who would have refused it?

On a day when Chelsea were handed their arse, Man City were quite fortunate to get 3 points & S'ton beat Arsenal I'm not going to think that the season is over or that Rodgers is a goner over a dropped 2 points, the optimism from Monday can't and shouldn't all evaporate due to today and a presumption that Rodgers won't sort things imo :)

I have frequently alluded to my wish that Gerrard is used as a Lampard type sub when the need arises in coming on for Lallana. As Gerrard started today my hope was that he would play in an advanced role and possibly toggle with Lallana during the game, I posted that before the match, unlike some I am posting before and after rather than just using the benefit of hindsight to twis the knife as it suits :) It seems things did not quite pan out as I had hoped.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Did you watch any of last season?. Its all explained there. Henderson and Gerrard in the same team. The only difference this year is berty big bollocks selecting Henderson everywhere except where he was great for us last year.

Plain enough?

The difference you have omitted is the loss of Suarez and the injury of Sturridge, you can't look at last season to this focussing on Gerrard's and Henderson's roles in isolation, looking at match to match this season is more accurate imo. Form is temporary, class is permanent however it seems Gerrard as a contributing 60/90 mins player in the PL is a thing of the past.

Referring to Rodgers as "berty big bollocks" is uncalled for abuse and is quite painful to read really.
    The reason for our shocking form this season is 100% entirely the manager.

I'm not one to place the manager as 100% responsible for a team's performance, again you give him close to zero credit for last year so folks can chose how correct you are on this occasion. My opinion is that the transfer committee, Rodgers and those out on the pitch are all culpable to difficult to quantify degrees for the form this season.

Anyway, a look at the bookmakers reaction to Top 4 betting...... courtesy of Boylesports this time but they are all much of a muchness...

Man United 1/7.......... 37 points
    Arsenal 8/15.............. 33 points
    Southampton 10/3 ......... 36 points
    Tottenham 7/2 ......... 34 points
    Liverpool 15/2 ......... 29 points
    West Ham 25/1 ......... 32 points

Arsenal are 4 points ahead of Liverpool and 8/15 favs (excluding Man Utd who I think are home and hosed for Top 4 as indicated by their 1/7 odds, still not impossible that they will falter) while Liverpool are now out to 15/2 from 11/2 before today's games.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Give it a rest.......there's enough bollox on here, why add more?

I'm sorry for being a bollocks...I can't help myself sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement