Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep West Ham win for me please. United are by no means guarenteed a Champions League place and I think it's two that are up for grabs rather than just one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Utd will win..

Best result I think is a West Ham win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep West Ham win for me please. United are by no means guarenteed a Champions League place and I think it's two that are up for grabs rather than just one.

It's funny how the story that they had one sewn up began to be spoken like fact. Although after spending 200million you can see why their fans wanted to believe it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So then....do we want a Utd win or a Utd win or a draw?

I'd be more worried about Utd getting a top four spot than the hammers, so I be happy enough with the score remaining the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's funny how the story that they had one sewn up began to be spoken like fact. Although after spending 200million you can see why their fans wanted to believe it was.

With their tactical genius how could they possibly fail.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Plan on buying Liverpool Tickets on Done Deal, well have a read of this. Loads getting stung, so tag any Liverpool fan you know (and share it) lets help get the word out.

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23585

I put a link to this thread on our facebook page to try and help get the word out to none Irish Kop members. If you get a min tag any LFC fans you know on the post as most people these days use facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irishkopcom/197642533606680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

For all the negativity after yesterday, it's not a disastrous result, particularly if Utd drop points.

We weren't going to win every game between now and the end of the season and I'd rather be dropping points in fairly tough away games than at home to Hull.
    Not to mention that the manner of the dropped points wasn't us being systematically a shambles but rather a slightly wobbly choice in the first 11, the game management and being a little bit to casual.

It was always going to be tricky to get top 4 from such a low base, but we're still in the middle of an excellent run and, with Sturridge hopefully coming back to the first 11, we've every chance to keep it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Point gained on arsenal and no loss on united. Not a brutal weekend by any stretch.

A must win game against Spurs on Tuesday.

Gerrard must not start the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

90 minutes against Everton. I think Rodgers will bench him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Any news on Lucas or Coutinho today?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It is, and he won't I'd say. Hopefully Coutinho and Lucas aren't too badly injured (I think someone said Coutinho had a tight muscle or something yesterday?). Any updates on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Amen to that

mig
    Can--skrtel--sakho
    Ibe-lucas-hendo-moreno
    ---sterling----coutinho
    sturridge

Is what i would like to see, if lucas is out i would look at bringing can into midfield and biting the bullet and give lovren a start....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Not a bad result in the Utd game.

klose wrote: »
    Amen to that

mig
    Can--skrtel--sakho
    Ibe-lucas-hendo-moreno
    ---sterling----coutinho
    sturridge

Is what i would like to see, if lucas is out i would look at bringing can into midfield and biting the bullet and give lovren a start....

mig
    Lovren--skrtel--sakho
    Ibe-Can-hendo-moreno
    ---sterling----Lallana
    sturridge

If Coutinho & Lucas aren't fit I'd go with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm not surprised Rodgers didn't want Van Gaal as a DOF....he's looking like an absolute spoofer at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm not surprised Rodgers didn't want Van Gaal as a DOF....he's looking like an absolute spoofer at the minute.

Master of the long ball.

Master of the long ball.

Yep. They are horrible to watch. I won't bother again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Were we after a Falcao?
    If we were we dodged a huge mistake there.

Think he's worse than Balotelli given the price tag. He's brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nonsense. I'd agree with not wanting him as DOF but that's because it's rarely a good idea to have one. But van Gaal is a very very competent coach

Gbear wrote: »
    For all the negativity after yesterday, it's not a disastrous result, particularly if Utd drop points.

We weren't going to win every game between now and the end of the season and I'd rather be dropping points in fairly tough away games than at home to Hull.
    Not to mention that the manner of the dropped points wasn't us being systematically a shambles but rather a slightly wobbly choice in the first 11, the game management and being a little bit to casual.

It was always going to be tricky to get top 4 from such a low base, but we're still in the middle of an excellent run and, with Sturridge hopefully coming back to the first 11, we've every chance to keep it going.

Indeed, all to play for yet, I do think Liverpool will stride on purposely to the end of the season, no doubt dropping points along the way but I reckon top 4 will be within reach right to the end.

On Lucas..
    Lucas Leiva will undergo a scan to determine the extent of the groin injury that forced him out of the Merseyside derby after just 16 minutes on Saturday evening.

At least it's not a knee injury.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/179659-reds-to-assess-lucas-injury-problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

8-10 wrote: »
    Nonsense. I'd agree with not wanting him as DOF but that's because it's rarely a good idea to have one. But van Gaal is a very very competent coach

He's getting away with doing a pretty poor job tbf so far, obviously his cv is giving him leeway with the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Slattsy wrote: »
    Were we after a Falcao?
    If we were we dodged a huge mistake there.

Think he's worse than Balotelli given the price tag. He's brutal.

He hasn't looked the same since that knee injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yep. They are horrible to watch. I won't bother again.

Might replay it, have to work at 3am for 3rd night in a row and need to get some sleep

Interesting look at Player Influence 2014/15 season stats so far for those who like stats.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/lfc-player-influence.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

klose wrote: »
    He's getting away with doing a pretty poor job tbf so far, obviously his cv is giving him leeway with the media.

Relative to what? Only City and Chelsea have lost less games. In my opinion regardless of how they're playing and the cup tragedies he's doing what he needed to and that's to make them a hard team to beat again.

Anyway I think his chance of moving to Liverpool has come and gone so moot point.

8-10 wrote: »

I think he's a dinosaur, PL management is a tough gig, coming from an international role is not advantageous. He's doing little better at OT than Moyes did.

I reckon he will want to spend buckets of cash in the summer on defenders and forwards, there's no significant spine to the first 11 and I hope De Gea leaves.

VG has a mountain of work ahead :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Interesting look at Player Influence 2014/15 season stats so far for those who like stats.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/lfc-player-influence.html

So then, we need more Borini and Enrique. Stats! :D

or to be serious

Leiva - 13-8-3-2-61.54-2.08 (PPG)

So then, we need more Borini and Enrique. Stats! :D

Less Allen.. But we all new that :p

Sakho, Lucas & Can are well up there and our form has changed since they all came into the starting team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They're a shoe-in for CL qualification, what with none of that silly european competition thing to bother their march to the title.

Or is that soooo last year?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People criticising a manager like LVG with a proven winning track record shows me how knee-jerk many posters here are as they under-estimate the huge task he has at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

murpho999 wrote: »
    People criticising a manager like LVG with a proven winning track record shows me how knee-jerk many posters here are as they under-estimate the huge task he has at Old Trafford.

Especially when said manager is a few points ahead of our own manager.

He is the manager of the most dominat English team of the last 25 years who have a near unlimited budget.

He was also one of the most successful managers in world football over the last 25 years.

If that is a huge task I petty ever other manger in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Goal for Suarez, it breaks my heart every time :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

kfallon wrote: »
    Goal for Suarez, it breaks my heart every time :(

Lovely finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

He would have gobbled up:pac: those chances created yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Especially when said manager is a few points ahead of our own manager.

Yeah wtf? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He is the manager of the most dominat English team of the last 25 years who have a near unlimited budget.

He was also one of the most successful managers in world football over the last 25 years.

If that is a huge task I petty ever other manger in the league.

Of course it's a huge task considering where they were when he took over and what the expectations are. As you saw Moyes couldn't match up to it.

Anyway this is the LFC thread and I don't want to derail it.

My point is that too many posters are judging managers over a few games (LVG has had 24 league games!) and calling for heads etc far too quickly.

• Advertisement

• murpho999 wrote: »
    Of course it's a huge task considering where they were when he took over and what the expectations are. As you saw Moyes couldn't match up to it.

Anyway this is the LFC thread and I don't want to derail it.

My point is that too many posters are judging managers over a few games (LVG has had 24 league games!) and calling for heads etc far too quickly.

I don't think anyone is calling for his head
    Pointing out some obvious mistakes is what is going on at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah wtf? :confused:

He has Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, Van Persie and Mata. That's probably the best attack in the league. He had as much money as he wanted to spend in the summer.

He has underperformed.

The fact that he is ahead of Liverpool is irrelevant to the discussion because a) Liverpool have also underperformed and b) Liverpool do not have as good a squad as LVG does at his disposal.

If he were not LVG (the big name, big record) then he would be getting far more criticism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That draw last night is even more bitter tasting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

He has Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, Van Persie and Mata. That's probably the best attack in the league. He had as much money as he wanted to spend in the summer.

He has underperformed.

The fact that he is ahead of Liverpool is irrelevant to the discussion because a) Liverpool have also underperformed and b) Liverpool do not have as good a squad as LVG does at his disposal.

If he were not LVG (the big name, big record) then he would be getting far more criticism

Paddy Power has a good blog on this, no doubt will be updated tomorrow.

paddy_sack.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Vicxas wrote: »
    That draw last night is even more bitter tasting now.

I had in my head on friday we could be in touching distance of 4th in the space of a few days if this scenario played out.

Spurs beat arsenal
    We beat Everton
    West ham beat united
    We beat spurs.

Golden opportunity pissed away by Rodgers and id be a big supporter of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They're all spoofers Bill, the whole lot of them. Van Haal, Rooney, Falcoa, Di Mary

He has underperformed.

They're on course to qualify for the CL, they are making progress in one of the two cup competitions they were entered into. I'm not sure what the expectations were?!!

They're all spoofers Bill, the whole lot of them. Van Haal, Rooney, Falcoa, Di Mary

Nailed it. Well done you.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They're on course to qualify for the CL, they are making progress in one of the two cup competitions they were entered into. I'm not sure what the expectations were?!!

The Utd fans are used to good attacking football. I think after spending £170m(or whatever it was) they want more than hoofball up to Fellaini. I haven't seen them every week but I've seen quite a few games and even when they're winning,they're dire. If I was a Utd fan(shudder)I'd be well pissed off.

The Utd fans are used to good attacking football. I think after spending £170m(or whatever it was) they want more than hoofball up to Fellaini. I haven't seen them every week but I've seen quite a few games and even when they're winning,they're dire. If I was a Utd fan(shudder)I'd be well pissed off.

Oh well, I can't comment on that. Style of football is irrelevant imo. They penned West Ham back deeper and deeper this evening after Fellaini came on and the equaliser was a direct product of that approach.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement