Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

NukaCola wrote: »
    Give it a rest.......there's enough bollox on here, why add more?

Yes so much bollox, the lad is posting the same thing twice in the space of a couple of hours, why didn't you pull him on that shyte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yes so much bollox, the lad is posting the same thing twice in the space of a couple of hours, why didn't you pull him on that shyte?

He's not giving out about specific posters like your good self.
    Seriously, the in fighting and calling out of posters is ruining this thread.

I'm sorry for being a bollocks...I can't help myself sometimes.

I might be missing a joke here but I'm not calling anyone a bollox, just to clarify :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He's not giving out about specific posters like your good self.
    Seriously, the in fighting and calling out of posters is ruining this thread.

Ya. Take ut to PM FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I might be missing a joke here but I'm not calling anyone a bollox, just to clarify :D

I know you're not.

If Gerrard is leaving at the end of the season we need silverware...send him off in style. He deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Be careful, Kerrigooney will be all over you for these types of posts, no need for them at all, what are you trying to achieve?

You seem to have issue with posters and not there posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You seem to have issue with posters and not there posts!

Nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.

He also said we reverted to 3 at the back for the last 20 mins trying to win the game.

So what backline were we playing for the first 70 mins?

Not being smart but 5 presumably :)

Anyway, it's been a poor day for us, the 3 points we wanted and were close ish to getting (in the driving seat for undeservedly admittedly) didn't come our way.

No point in using the same ole points from 2014 to defend our opinions or get at each other :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

We were so friendly to each other at midnight last night

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Not being smart but 5 presumably :)

So today against the bottom team in the league the manager changed the system to 5 at the back after the win against Swansea.

5 at the back against the bottom team in the league.

That is just mind boggling

5 at the back against the bottom team in the league.

That is just mind boggling

I imagine he's including the two wing backs, by saying we went 3 at the back for the last while today he means the team was playing with just Can, Toure and Sakho at the back when Lambert replaced Moreno.

If Lambert had scored it'd make more sense I reckon :pac:

8-10 wrote: »
    We were so friendly to each other at midnight last night

Drunk and high. Hangovers all round today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You's are all bollixes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

we dropped our shot at the league today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 3m3 minutes ago
    Steven Gerrard will announce tomorrow that he is leaving #LFC at the end of the season.
    Looks like Gerrard is actually leaving.

Hopefully he'll be used sparingly now, he must know himself he's not overly effective over the course of a game, he can't be oblivious to it.

I wish him well and hope Rodgers brings him on as an impact sub in the final third.

WGWTL
    ANYGBU
    WGWTL

Hopefully he'll be used sparingly now, he must know himself he's not overly effective over the course of a game, he can't be oblivious to it.

I wish him well and hope Rodgers brings him on as an impact sub in the final third.

Won't happen tho.

• Advertisement

Toure and johnson can speak with other clubs too i believe? If all 3 leave does that make skrtel the most senior player at the club? Frightening stuff.

Edit:id happily see the back side of johnson anyways, skrtel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would love to see Gerrard leave in the January transfer window and help Man City win the title. Fcuk all chance of it happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

On a positive note - we're only 12 points from securing a Premier League spot for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Would love to see Gerrard leave in the January transfer window and help Man City win the title. Fcuk all chance of it happening though.
    By signing for Chelsea? :confused:

Sad if he leaves. He can still be effective in an advanced role if used sparingly.

Liverpool Legend regardless and will go down as one of the best to ever play for the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Whats the chances we sign his replacement in this transfer window ?

ricero wrote: »
    Whats the chances we sign his replacement in this transfer window ?

Shaqiri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

[Q

I appreciate the recognition Lloyd :) I do hope that when the time comes you will tip your hat to me across cyber space using this very part of the www to acknowledge my confidence in Rodgers and the assembled squad, that moment may not be this season but knowing how reactive some folk are in here it could be in a couple of weeks :D

Regarding the corner since the 3 losses on the spin we have attained 15 points from a possible 24, almost 1.9 points per game, I still maintain we have turned a corner. 8 games ago who would have refused it?

On a day when Chelsea were handed their arse, Man City were quite fortunate to get 3 points & S'ton beat Arsenal I'm not going to think that the season is over or that Rodgers is a goner over a dropped 2 points, the optimism from Monday can't and shouldn't all evaporate due to today and a presumption that Rodgers won't sort things imo :)

I have frequently alluded to my wish that Gerrard is used as a Lampard type sub when the need arises in coming on for Lallana. As Gerrard started today my hope was that he would play in an advanced role and possibly toggle with Lallana during the game, I posted that before the match, unlike some I am posting before and after rather than just using the benefit of hindsight to twis the knife as it suits :) It seems things did not quite pan out as I had hoped.

The difference you have omitted is the loss of Suarez and the injury of Sturridge, you can't look at last season to this focussing on Gerrard's and Henderson's roles in isolation, looking at match to match this season is more accurate imo. Form is temporary, class is permanent however it seems Gerrard as a contributing 60/90 mins player in the PL is a thing of the past.

Referring to Rodgers as "berty big bollocks" is uncalled for abuse and is quite painful to read really.

I'm not one to place the manager as 100% responsible for a team's performance, again you give him close to zero credit for last year so folks can chose how correct you are on this occasion. My opinion is that the transfer committee, Rodgers and those out on the pitch are all culpable to difficult to quantify degrees for the form this season.

Anyway, a look at the bookmakers reaction to Top 4 betting...... courtesy of Boylesports this time but they are all much of a muchness...

Man United 1/7.......... 37 points
    Arsenal 8/15.............. 33 points
    Southampton 10/3 ......... 36 points
    Tottenham 7/2 ......... 34 points
    Liverpool 15/2 ......... 29 points
    West Ham 25/1 ......... 32 points

Arsenal are 4 points ahead of Liverpool and 8/15 favs (excluding Man Utd who I think are home and hosed for Top 4 as indicated by their 1/7 odds, still not impossible that they will falter) while Liverpool are now out to 15/2 from 11/2 before today's games.

We sold one striker, we bought 3. There was no need to change anything unless the persons brought in werent good enough or we bought badly. Its actually both. Thats where that begins and ends.

The Gerrard we have today isnt that much different to the one we had last year. The same muppets have been spouting the same rubbish for 3 years now, safe in the knowledge it would eventually be right. It just took them 3 years to realise the club havent foreseen the transition of when he would have to be eased out.

There's nothing abusive about having an opinion that the manager has an over inflated opinion of themselves. He has been talking out of his hoop for at least 3 months tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Third game on motd tonight.

I dont see why there so much doom & gloom, City lost a two goal lead to Burnley last week, it happens. It sickening but it was kind of inevitable, you could see from the start today that we were riding our luck and apart from Couthinio and maybe Can, the whole team was dreadful.

Still plenty of games remaining to save this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Sad, good by Stevie. Meant to be an announcement he is leaving at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Gutted to see Gerrard go, a shame he hasn't been managed better by Rodgers. An impact sub and a starter every four or five would be perfect. Just look at Lampard being lauded for doing that very role, a real shame Gerrard wont get the opportunity to have that sort of impact. Although Id rather see him leave than watch a great man be run ragged in DM every other week by average footballers who wouldn't get near him in his prime, better to remember the force of nature he was. This club will be very lucky to produce anything of his like in the near future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Just off the phone there with my usual inside source lads. Out of respect I won't be revealing too much but don't be surprised if ya bump in to Steven Gerrard if any of ye are holidaying in LA next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think Rodgers will get to the end of the season but he won't be backed with much in the Jan transfer window.

Maybe some loan deals with less than a 20 million spend on players.

Hopefully we can close out the league cup to get Gerrard some silverware before he signs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Be a top laff.
    Roll Up Roll Up, who's the next member of the clique that will have a go?

I can't bite my tongue anymore, dunno why I post on here, so many condescending **** all in the one place, pat each others back, thank each others posts, and in the main do nothing but take the piss of our own manager, some serious fans alright, no need for united fans to come in and take the piss of us when yous all do it to yourselves.

Special mention to 'The Turd' he gets my vote as the saddest prick on this forum, beat off some stiff competition (probably literally) but hands down the biggest attention seeking saddo there is, tries so hard to get thanks it's fking pathetic. I won't bother naming other names yous know who yous are.

Hopefully Rodgers will have a long long career at Liverpool and ram it down the throats of all the fickle twats that turn on him on a whim.

It's a new year, as good a time as any to get the fck outta here, don't bother reporting this post, I'll be shutting down the account

Au Revoir Le cocksuckers.

giphy.gif

kenny-powers-1.gif

what did youhave for tea?

• Advertisement

Thats quite the send off pilsbury!

I can't bite my tongue anymore, dunno why I post on here, so many condescending **** all in the one place, pat each others back, thank each others posts, and in the main do nothing but take the piss of our own manager, some serious fans alright, no need for united fans to come in and take the piss of us when yous all do it to yourselves.

Special mention to 'The Turd' he gets my vote as the saddest prick on this forum, beat off some stiff competition (probably literally) but hands down the biggest attention seeking saddo there is, tries so hard to get thanks it's fking pathetic. I won't bother naming other names yous know who yous are.

Hopefully Rodgers will have a long long career at Liverpool and ram it down the throats of all the fickle twats that turn on him on a whim.

It's a new year, as good a time as any to get the fck outta here, don't bother reporting this post, I'll be shutting down the account

giphy.gif

kenny-powers-1.gif

Best post of the year so far I'd say!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

giphy.gif

kenny-powers-1.gif

Pilsbury was Steven Gerrard all along!! :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

giphy.gif

kenny-powers-1.gif

****ing wow! Out all guns blazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Right time for him to leave. Not adding much to the team anymore. Picking fights with lots of other players and trying to be cock of the walk.

Pilsbury Doughboy, I wish him well

• Advertisement

Roll Up Roll Up, who's the next member of the clique that will have a go?..........

Sorry to see you leave in this manner, we all have our opinions, we can all get a tad over zealous as the stakes are deemed to be high etc etc... all the best anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Just off the phone there with my usual inside source lads. Out of respect I won't be revealing too much but don't be surprised if ya bump in to Steven Gerrard if any of ye are holidaying in LA next season.

Wait, he's getting a job in Disneyland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Goodnight sweet princes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

monkey9 wrote: »
    Pilsbury was Steven Gerrard all along!! :eek: :eek:

That explains the poor performances...too much time spent trawling the super threads !!

I wonder will Robbie give up the captaincy of the Galaxy and hand it Gerrard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I'm pissed off that Pilsbury never mentioned me but yet again "The Turd" gets a mention. Tbh it was always gonna happen; the sexual tension between them could be cut with a virtual knife. "The Turd" once again led someone on, the slut.

Best of luck Doughboy in your future endeavours, I hope you can find a forum where they are more about The Soccer and less about the social interaction. Or as they say in The States, The Bantz.

daithijjj wrote: »
    We sold one striker, we bought 3. There was no need to change anything unless the persons brought in werent good enough or we bought badly. Its actually both. Thats where that begins and ends.

I think this sort of thing is a fine line, if Sturridge had played half the PL games to far and if Balotelli had chipped in a goal every 2 games we'd be a few points further up the table.

I honestly don't blame the club too much as they did go for Sanchez at the time Suarez transferred and the likes of Bony etc didn't really appeal to many of us at the time either.
    The Gerrard we have today isnt that much different to the one we had last year. The same muppets have been spouting the same rubbish for 3 years now, safe in the knowledge it would eventually be right. It just took them 3 years to realise the club havent foreseen the transition of when he would have to be eased out.

To be fair easing him out seems to be working, in so far as I reckon we'll manage without him.
    There's nothing abusive about having an opinion that the manager has an over inflated opinion of themselves. He has been talking out of his hoop for at least 3 months tbh.
    Fair enough, as I've been saying we are all entitled to air our views, you do add substance to your points.
    ManOnFire wrote: »
    Gutted to see Gerrard go, a shame he hasn't been managed better by Rodgers. An impact sub and a starter every four or five would be perfect. Just look at Lampard being lauded for doing that very role, a real shame Gerrard wont get the opportunity to have that sort of impact. Although Id rather see him leave than watch a great man be run ragged in DM every other week by average footballers who wouldn't get near him in his prime, better to remember the force of nature he was. This club will be very lucky to produce anything of his like in the near future

I wouldn't discount Gerrard not being overly interested in the bit part Lampard role, he doesn't seem keen on taking shots full on too much this season either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

DVDM93 wrote: »

Its a pity you didn't break the news before the L.A rumors that surfaced on twitter, reached this thread.

I suppose its still handy to have a ITK knocking about, even if its a few minutes late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That really was the perfect bon voyage post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No need for Stevie to leave.

He's been badly mismanaged though, and if Rodgers is staying, it might be better for the development of the team if he goes.

He can't be the fulcrum of the team anymore.

It will be a sad and painfully surreal day if he goes in the summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement