Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That was an awful shot to be fair.
    Why is the pitch in ribbons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

That was an awful shot to be fair.
    Why is the pitch in ribbons?

Death by football. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Lads Ibe is going to be a great player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Gerrard farewell tour is going well for Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If we fail to win today, we could effectively be 9 points behind top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we fail to win today, we could effectively be 9 points behind top 4.

Game over man. Game over.

That harry Kane is just as annoying as Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I don't know what Rodgers sees when he plays Henderson as a deep midfielder. He has absolutely no defensive sense in reading where a player and ball is going. Constantly chasing players after they are past him. He is great at harassing players in front of him, so play him closer to the attackers rather than the defenders. Gerrard and Henderson as a two man midfield is too easy to play through.

mav79 wrote: »
    I don't know what Rodgers sees when he plays Henderson as a deep midfielder. He has absolutely no defensive sense in reading where a player and ball is going. Constantly chasing players after they are past him. He is great at harassing players in front of him, so play him closer to the attackers rather than the defenders. Gerrard and Henderson as a two man midfield is too easy to play through.

not much alternatives tbh.

Another DM is badly needed and has been for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Absolute HORSESH1T

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm struck me how loose the passing is at times, and that players tend to take too long to release the ball thus inviting an easy challenge in dangerous areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I knew he would be better when sturridge was back, I thought they would have to be on the pitch at the same time though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Massive win, Can and Ibe continue to impress. Delighted, huge 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Massive massive win. Now march on!!

I won't quote myself on this occasion :)

That's 4 wins and a draw from the last 5.

28 points from 39 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

2 goals from play scored, none by Sturridge, so Danny due one soon :)

8W 3D & 2L from the remaining 13 games leaves us on 69 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Best part about that win was seeing Balotelli chasing down defenders

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

F*cking Balotelli, poaching Moreno's tap in.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

this isn't any good for a fella with heart problems..... but fcuk it!.....:pac:

YNWA

Absolutely huge win!!! For a long time during that match I did not think we were going to end with one point never mind three.

KA-BOOM!

**** me, there was so much right and so much wrong with that performance. Some say we're hard on Gerrard but he really does just mess up the balance and work rate of the side something rotten when he is picked.

Ibe is massive already (take note Sterling!), Can likewise, Mignolet did his best again, even Lovren didn't have a rickets. Sturridge goal against West Ham probably fooled us as to his true sharpness but that was an important 75 minutes while that goal at home for Balo could yet be vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

First hurdle over. Massive win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's a magnificent win and performance given that the ref was ****ing us from a height at every opportunity.

The officials were an absolute shambles. Not for the first time in the last 5 or so games.

A ludicrous number of cards for a really clean game on both sides, unforgivable missing of the offside for their goal (it's a ****ing set piece! They're standing still!) and two awful decisions for the free kick that lead to their goal and not giving us a penalty.

That we were able to steamroll through all that ****e and still win is hugely promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Great win, deserved it too, Can has got to be thrown into that DM role he's massive there, good eye for a pass and also quite happy to run with it, shaking up the back three AGAIN is not ideal but giving Lovren a 2nd chance might do him good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Huge win that and a cracking game to boot. Rodgers subs made the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ibe & Can were superb. Lallana made an impact too. Our improved squad won us that game tonight. Skrtel is becoming a leader for this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Win against Southampton, and we may well need to evaluate.

Great win, but we need to keep this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Delighted with the Win.

Though I hate to say it, Gerrard's Injury proved to be a Blessing in Disguise.

Since it enabled us to Shore up our Midfield with Can. We were on the Ascendant, once Gerrard came off.

Ibe and Can were immense. Danny really faded but thats to be expected. Gerrard was awful but in fairness he shouldn't have started.

Some really big games coming up and we need to improve no doubt about it but the run keeps going. Long may it continue.

.... Sturridge goal against West Ham probably fooled us as to his true sharpness ......

back heel was off by inches :) to be fair to the chap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mig was my man of the match...switching can and bringing on lovren changed the flow in our favour I thought..albeit coz of injury.... superb run we are on...credit to the manager and players..... but Stevie offers nowt anymore ...

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ibe & Can were superb. Lallana made an impact too. Our improved squad won us that game tonight. Skrtel is becoming a leader for this team.

Good point that I didn't consider. Rodgers gets stick for being unable to change it up but he got it spot on this time, more of that needed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Credit to Rodgers for the leadership he has given the players over the last couple of months, they obviously buy into his philosophy and some of the signings he made in the Summer are now looking quite astute. I believe we are finally finding a way beyond the shell shock of losing Suarez. We were better with him, but he's gone and he's not coming back, and we need to push on.

Oh, and in spite of the fierce criticism of his man management skills that he got around here for dropping Mignolet, it looks to have paid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

fabulous win that... great to nip it in the end.
    it's going to be some tight run in..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

A great night for the deciples / apologists

Great turn around from BR when it looked bleaked a few months back. Making a lot of people once again look silly. The only way to answer critics is to win games and he has done that. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great win and good changes from Brendan. Please no more Gerrard he is so bad, Henderson spent the night covering him which made our midfield ineffective until can stepped in.

Can carrying the ball in midfield was f*cking glorious. Its been a long time since we had a midfielder who's first instinct is not to get rid of it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

darced wrote: »

Spot on for all 4. No blame for Mig on the goals and one great save, and allround confident. Can is playing like Yaya, and Ibe looks like he's been there all season. Moreno good on the other side too.

A cracking win.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

darced wrote: »

This. Skrtel not mentioned once by the bt coverage, he won everything that came his way and won the ball countless times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Mignolet, Can, Markovic, Lallana, Moreno & Ballotelli. Great to see the newbies have risen their level. Any Ibe of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can has to move into midfield simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

rob316 wrote: »
    Great win and good changes from Brendan. Please no more Gerrard he is so bad, Henderson spent the night covering him which made our midfield ineffective until can stepped in.

This is hilarious when henderson is bad it's cause he's covering gerrard please take off the blinkers

Swarlez wrote: »
    This. Skrtel not mentioned once by the bt coverage, he won everything that came his way and won the ball countless times.

That's like being a good official! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Can has to move into midfield simple as that.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Our run of form comes following the establishment of a back three of Can, Skrtl, and Sakho. I'd rather leave it as is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Can was absolutely immense again tonight, especially when he went into midfield, the difference he made in there was ridiculous. Ibe was superb too, hes slotted seamlessly into the team for such a young player, great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Skrtel was immense if he's just left to defend he's very good.

Sturridge will be fully firing in a game or two just in time.

Balotelli was great when he came on, ibe and can top quality again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Better get that Ibe fella on that 150k a week contract he wants.

Can we invest in cloning can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This Ibe bloke is the real deal I think. Throw him in there and it's no bother to him. Looks as if he has been playing at the level for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mav79 wrote: »
    Can carrying the ball in midfield was f*cking glorious. Its been a long time since we had a midfielder who's first instinct is not to get rid of it straight away.

His full pitch runs that he does at least once a game are immense.

Right lets get Super-Rush over to the next game

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement