Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

spockety wrote: »
    Credit to Rodgers for the leadership he has given the players over the last couple of months, they obviously buy into his philosophy and some of the signings he made in the Summer are now looking quite astute. I believe we are finally finding a way beyond the shell shock of losing Suarez. We were better with him, but he's gone and he's not coming back, and we need to push on.

Oh, and in spite of the fierce criticism of his man management skills that he got around here for dropping Mignolet, it looks to have paid off.

It sure has! He looks like he's got his mojo back, long may it last.

Can, Moreno and Marko all looking like good signings.
    Balo, Lallana and Lovren still need some work ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Cloning Can will be the best bit of business Rodgers does next summer

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Right lets get Super-Rush over to the next game

Not by ferry though, he's terrified of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Excellent result and deserved also. Thought Rodgers made a boo boo starting Gerrard. Redeemed himself with making good substitutions though. Lallana needs to start more, he was excellent when he came on tonight and is a clear attacking threat. Moving Can in to fill Gerrard position when he came off (instead of a direct swap, bringing Allen in) was also the correct call.

Can is proving himself as a fine purchase.

Ibe could be special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This is hilarious when henderson is bad it's cause he's covering gerrard please take off the blinkers

He is doing the job of 2 players, Henderson can be poor but I wouldn't be quick to judge him when Gerrard is his midfield partner.

Gerrard is an absolute passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

This is hilarious when henderson is bad it's cause he's covering gerrard please take off the blinkers

It's True though.

There's a Sharp Contrast to our Midfield when Gerrard is In, and when he's Out.

I've lost count on the Number of Triangles their Midfield were playing in our Half.

That lessened once Can came in.

That's why they had to Throw in Chadli, since they were not getting as much Joy in the Middle as they were before.

spockety wrote: »
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Our run of form comes following the establishment of a back three of Can, Skrtl, and Sakho. I'd rather leave it as is..

I dunno - with Stevie's recent form, I think Hendo and Can in front of Lovren, Skrtel and Sakho is a very formidable outfit. We are pretty fluid around the back anyway, players trotting forward and wide...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gives me great confidence that we didn't take no for an answer, there. Massive three points and a class game. Most Premiership sides would have fallen to that Spurs performance.

Knex. wrote: »
    Not by ferry though, he's terrified of them.

On the way over today

hqdefault.jpg

klose wrote: »
    Can we invest in cloning can?

Some sort of metal recycling??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We could just chain him to his seat there. Dancing Super-Rush.

Looks legit

Screen-Shot-2015-02-05-at-09.41.31.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Emre Can's game by numbers:

100% tackles won
    34 passes completed
    4 interceptions
    3 aerial duels
    2 chances created

jizz-in-my-pants-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I think Sakho gets too much stick. He's made very few mistakes that have led to goals. It's his lanky gait that makes people think he's clumsy. Only negative is when he's rushed he tends to pass to the first red shirt he sees, even if an opposing player is right beside them.

Fingers crossed West Ham at least get a draw tomorrow :)

I think last season's experience of the title challenge will stand to Mig, Sakho, Škrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling & Sturridge.

Fingers crossed it does and the teams above us get a bit jittery :)

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I think Sakho gets too much stick. He's made very few mistakes that have led to goals. It's his lanky gait that makes people think he's clumsy. Only negative is when he's rushed he tends to pass to the first red shirt he sees, even if an opposing player is right beside them.

Good post, spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

As the song goes:

Poetry in motion tra la la la, poetry in motion....

I am truly giddy looking at that team tonight.

Scorer of the first goal = summer signing
    Assist for the winner ='summer signing
    Scorer of the winner = summer signing
    Man of the match = summer signing

Moral of the story = summer signings need time to adapt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Can is really the full package.
    Calm, composed and handsome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

B9g-8qFIEAI2sBE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Can has to move into midfield simple as that.

Just let him do what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Can for 10m is a great great deal. Already seems to be a potential captain in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Clicked on what I thought was the match thread. Realised it was the one in their own special supporter's forum. Feel dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

He got caught badly on a number of occasions tonight. If it had been Lovren the place would have gone into meltdown

• Advertisement

B9g-8qFIEAI2sBE.jpg

Is that a 3-4-2-1 or a 2-4-3-1?
    Almost a palindromic formation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I think that's credit to Skittles though. I'm nervous every time he's on the ball and he looks like he's running in treacle. Hopefully he snaps out of it but it's been going on a while now. He must reek confidence in training cause on the pitch all I see is nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Didn't you hear?

The ferry disaster earlier on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sakho has been very good for the past 6 weeks but was a bit wobbly against Everton and again tonight (although I thought he had a good 2nd half).

Sometimes he would be better off just lashing the ball down the field but he always tries to play his way out. Gets him into trouble occasionally. Maybe needs to be told it's OK to launch it every now and then if you are under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Huge 3 points.

It always feels really,really good beating Spurs.

My Spurs supporting mate who's a bit giddy from being above us in the table has been giving it large all week and driving me nuts. He's very,very unhappy tonight. I really,really didn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

darced wrote: »

I have warmed to him in recent weeks,however , against better opposition his lack of balance really affects his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

One thing I noticed several times in the game was that Markovic's movement is actually quite poor. There were a couple of times that he either passed the ball to Ibe and didn't move forward for the return or Ibe had the ball and was looking for Markovic to make a run in behind but he didn't. In contrast, the winner came from Lallana doing exactly what Ibe wanted him to do and the passes from Ibe to Lallana and Lallana to Balotelli were inch perfect.

It'll be interesting to see what Rodgers does for the Southampton game, felt Gerrard wasn't up to the pace tonight but was excellent at defending set pieces (Had 3/4 headers clear from corners), but would he risk bringing Can into midfield and Lovern (Who didn't put a foot wrong tonight) into defence.

Sturridge you feel will need a few more games, had 2/3 chances that he would've slotted away last season but just seems to be missing that extra yard of pace, which is understandable considering he hasn't started a game since August.

A massive 3 points, but need to follow it up by taking points off Southampton and/or City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Great win tonight.

Funny reading some of the articles in the Mirror. According to one of their jounos the demise of Gerrard and his poor performance tonight is one of the top 5 talking points. According to one of his colleagues Gerrard was an 8/10 with a dominant midfield display.

Seems most here tonight agree with the former.

Regardless of Gerrard, great to see a team and squad full of young, attacking talent.

Huge 3 points.

My Spurs supporting mate who's a bit giddy from being above us in the table has been giving it large all week and driving me nuts. He's very,very unhappy tonight. I really,really didn't help.

Bastard :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Huge 3 points.

Worst fan in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

so hands up who wants to do a review of Brendan Rodgers/Transfer committee's signings now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

so hands up who wants to do a review of Brendan Rodgers/Transfer committee's signings now?

End of the season would be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

darced wrote: »

There was a time when Skrtel relied a lot on Hyypia/Carragher to bail him out, I'm confident Sakho will get to Skrtel's level before Skrtel did :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Worst fan in the world.

He has no mates.....its a cry for thanks lads, cant believe ye fell for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gafferino wrote: »
    End of the season would be best.

**** it. If people were doing them in September than now is just as good a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Fantastic 3 points tonight but performence only as good as the next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Ibe was being doubled up on in his second start of the season. Thats how much they feared him. He's gonna be some player if he keeps it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ibe was being doubled up on in his second start of the season. Thats how much they feared him. He's gonna be some player if he keeps it up.

Very true. He was superb in that first half. Looked electric on the ball and his willingness to take on his direct opponent is going to create havoc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Cant get over how well he has played in the last 2 games. Looks a regular already. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him before this, if he can play like this regularly we might have another jem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Balotelli.

Totally worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Balotelli, what a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Some have been great such as Can and Moreno, some are getting better like Lazar and Lallana but others still have a lot to do like Lovren and Balotelli (even though he got us 3 points tonight).

I suppose it's natural that out of 10 players, some would be great, some good and some bad. That said, you have to ask are we a more competitive squad than before the summer? I think we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Probably been mentioned already - and can't be arsed to check - but Mignolet has looked a different keeper in recent games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement