Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mosstin wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned already - and can't be arsed to check - but Mignolet has looked a different keeper in recent games.

He actually ran off his line for a corner and punched it.....i was like :eek: ....still am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mosstin wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned already - and can't be arsed to check - but Mignolet has looked a different keeper in recent games.

Consistent defence in front of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »
    Bastard :pac:
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Worst fan in the world.

I try my best.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Balotelli.

Totally worth every penny.

Worth it for the tache alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

so hands up who wants to do a review of Brendan Rodgers/Transfer committee's signings now?

Me. Our signings have been shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I think Sakho gets too much stick. He's made very few mistakes that have led to goals. It's his lanky gait that makes people think he's clumsy. Only negative is when he's rushed he tends to pass to the first red shirt he sees, even if an opposing player is right beside them.

He's going 90 at all times.

He needs to go to the Emre Can Finishing School for Chilling the **** Out.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Consistent defence in front of him.

Consistently solid defence in front of him, with a consistently awesome DM in Lucas, man we could really miss him in the next few games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Markovics movement wasn't bad for the goal!

Things are starting to look a bit awesome!

This Rodgers lad isn't as bad as some made out. It's great to have a manager all fans should have confidence in.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Markovics movement wasn't bad for the goal!

Things are starting to look a bit awesome!

This Rodgers lad isn't as bad as some made out. It's great to have a manager all fans should have confidence in.

Until the next bad run that is........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

B9hK3FHIcAAnIqt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Watched that on a pretty poor stream. Would love a half-hour highlights package...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

**** it. If people were doing them in September than now is just as good a time.

It was ridiculous judging them then and it's too soon now based on a good run of 10 games or so. They are looking good which is good enough for me. I'll judge end of the season and even into next season. I even believe Lovren will come good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

B9hK3FHIcAAnIqt.jpg

That smile is only for me. Always believed.

Fuck off, ye doubters.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I try my best.

At least we know who this refers to.
    I've a huge amount of respect for Liverpool FC,... However they carry on from a lot of their supporters on here is the single worst thing about boards.

You're ruining it for the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Mr Alan wrote: »

No surprise there then :P

Mr Consistent at least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ah come on man you have to admit that most of the summer signings are starting to look good bar lambert, lovren and baliotelli .

NukaCola wrote: »
    Until the next bad run that is........

Have to say I was doubting him a bit in November but I do think he is showing that he's a very capable manager, not out of his depth whatsoever, and worthy of being a Liverpool manager.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Anyway, that's a huge 6 pointer, have to follow it up against Southampton and we always give City a rattle. Great start though, 1 down out of the 6 teams above us. We need about 12 points out of those 18, so 3 down, the momentum and confidence is with us. Gone from just happy to grind out results to going for the jugular again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Great result. Currently only 3 points off 3rd. Southampton and United have a game each in hand, but this is still an amazing position to be in considering the first half of the season.

Tonight must be a huge lift for everyone at the Club. You can see its clearly excited all of us, so hopefully now it can help get that confidence from last year into the team, and help us push on.

Yesterday I would have absolutely ruled out 4th. Lets see after Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I have to say that while Markovic has improved Im not convinced he will be a great player for us. He was pulling out of 50/50s tonight & hasn't really shown great dribbling or pace & is shocking in front of goal . As I said in the summer Ibe is alot better player & a more exciting prospect than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MD1990 wrote: »
    I have to say that while Markovic has improved Im not convinced he will be a great player for us. He was pulling out of 50/50s tonight & hasn't really shown great dribbling or pace & is shocking in front of goal . As I said in the summer Ibe is alot better player & a more exciting prospect than him.
    I wouldnt be convinced by markovic yet either. The likes of moreno, can and lallana(although overpriced) Id class as good signings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Scorer of the first goal = summer signing
    Assist for the winner ='summer signing
    Scorer of the winner = summer signing
    Man of the match = summer signing

Moral of the story = summer signings need time to adapt.

If this is shocking..... Long may it continue.

Great win. Squad are being used well - Gerrard aside- momentum is great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Top of the form table baby!

Southampton now becomes a battle between the 2 top top form teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Apparently he was shocking in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Linda Pizzuti Henry @Linda_Pizzuti
    ·
    2h 2 hours ago

Three points! What a match! Well done, @LFC ! #LFCvTOT

B9gtRsTIQAEmLbA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

B9gtRsTIQAEmLbA.jpg

pussy.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

B9gtRsTIQAEmLbA.jpg

Jordan sleeping happy tonight anyway, probably has this song in his head...

Sorry :) going to bed now!

• Advertisement

Robbed from Reddit:

Liverpool are now on 42 points. We're safe lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Off to the ferry.

Fcuking nervous about this one.

Such a ****ing game to be at, I'm in tatters.

The streak continues.

Look at Emre, doing livinginkorea proud! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Markovic was dire, including his attempted first touch and his terrible shot for the goal. He is consistent though, consistently muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Markovic can make something happen from nothing. He's going score 7 or 8 goals this season from wingback and will continue to improve into the future. I'd expect 10 goals+ from next season.

I'm really pleased with the squad right now and whats really positive is they're all so ****ing young! This team is playing really well now and for many of them its their first season.

This team will go from strength to strength and the majority of the players have 7 - 8 years of high level football in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lovren didn't concede a goal.

Victories all round lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

markovic being slated is beyond ridiculous... clear to see he has huge talent... could b a superstar ...needs some muscle ...he's 20 like... coutinhio been poor last two games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The thing with Coutihno is, you can tell by the first 10 minutes of the game if he's going to be great or poor for the rest. Seems to rely on confidence a lot, whuch is very frustrating. Hopefully experience will help that.

Exciting times at the moment considering the young talent in our squad. A couple of big name established players in the summer could get us right back up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

We need to reign in the excitement a bit lads, we are still 7th. A lot of good teams ahead of us and our goal difference is shocking compared to them all so that's another point behind.

This run is great though and you can see the confidence on the pitch. Rodgers was forced to use the squad a bit more last night and by and large he got it right. He is answering his critics in the only way possible and that is to keep winning games. Unbeaten in 90 minute football for 15 games is an unbelievable run and credit to them all. Let's keep it going against Palace Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

markovic being slated is beyond ridiculous... clear to see he has huge talent... could b a superstar ...needs some muscle ...he's 20 like... coutinhio been poor last two games

Agreed, I remember that Sterling was something similar early last year, needs to do some weight training.

Give him time, I think he could be a fantastic player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Scorer of the first goal = summer signing
    Assist for the winner ='summer signing
    Scorer of the winner = summer signing
    Man of the match = summer signing

Moral of the story = summer signings need time to adapt.

Jesus, one premier league goal in February....lets not do this - Mario will be shipped out first chance we get.

I'd also be reserving judgement on Markovic.

Can looks excellent though.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Jesus, one premier league goal in February....lets not do this - Mario will be shipped out first chance we get.

I'd also be reserving judgement on Markovic.

Can looks excellent though.

Agreed on Can. Really like him.

Markovic & Balotelli might come good-but for the money paid for them we should be seeing much more now.

People gloating about Rodgers/our summer transfers while we sit in 7th in the table is very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Fantastic result after a helter skelter game last night. The high pressing by both teams (lower than normal passing accuracy figures posted on SportingLife) made it easily the most exciting match of the year so far.

Either team could have won this game but on balance Lpool created the more clear cut chances. The 10's on both sides had quieter games than of late, however, with Ibe, Sturridge (despite some wayward passes) & Markovic, Lpool had more able creative players to take up the slack. The introduction of Lallanna only further highlighted Spurs lack of strength in depth in this area.

Defensively the teams were poles apart - Spurs looked panicky every time the ball entered their half, whilst Can, Skertl and Sakho looked wholly more authoritive in front of a rejuvenated Migs.

Bar the top 2, no team above or below are now unbeatable and a good result away to Southampton Sunday week firmly puts Top4 back on the table. here's looking forward to a rollercoaster run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

A great win last night and taking everything into consideration it could be a crucial win for the rest of the season. I predicted that at the very least we needed 7 points from Everton, Spurs, Southampton and City while anything above 7 would be a boost. Thats 4 with 2 games left.

How the game went could also prove a huge boost, if Balo suddenly decides yeah im going to be a player then it adds hugely the the squad. Our recent run of form has been largely based on our defence shoring things up and the form of Coutinho and Sterling and we won last night with Coutinho being poor and Sterling missing. Thats a huge plus. We look like we actually have a squad now but yet question marks remained about our strikers, Sturridge being the only one really, if Mario suddenly decides that he is going to be the player he can be then thats a boost. Its noteworthy he scored as a lone front man also, something apparently he couldnt do and it was the fault of Rodgers for putting him in that position :rolleyes: He could always score goals if he put himself into the position to score them which he did last night compared to previous games where he never bothered with those runs. Im delighted for him, now give us more!

However i will say i spent most of the night roaring at the TV. I couldnt believe the amount of room we were giving Spurs in front of our back 4, Eriksen, Lamela, Bentaleb etc were popping up just in front of our back 3 while Hendo and Gerrard sat in advance of them marking and picking up no one. Particularly this was evident in the first half but we did seem to shore things up in the 2nd. Gerrard was the big problem, the game passed him by and going forward it has to be Can in there. Also Kudos to Lovren, came in and done the job asked, again if he comes into his own then what a boost.

While Spurs are a good team we gave them far too much space, do that against City for example and they will destroy us. There is the makings of a very good team and squad there with a few tweaks and fair play to the manager he has really turned it around however last night should prove to him that Can at DM is essential in the absence of Lucas. Now come on Burnley and West Ham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Markovic & Balotelli might come good-but for the money paid for them we should be seeing much more now.

People gloating about Rodgers/our summer transfers while we sit in 7th in the table is very sad.

We are 3 points off fourth for this gameweek, could be possibly 3 points off 3rd by the end of the gameweek, that is what matters. Being 7th is irrelavent as of now given the fine margins.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

And people giving little or no credit to the manager who almost won us the league only 8 months ago are also a little sad.

It's not black and white, stop trying to make it black and white, you're on a hiding to nothing in yourself and you will not enjoy supporting Liverpool (or any team) for most of the time over the next 40 years.

It wasn't a great performance by any means but Spurs always seem to lack drive and commitment at Anfield - they just seem so amenable at Anfield.

Its good to see us getting results without really playing that well.

Hopefully there is more to come. I was more impressed with Ibe tonight than on Saturday to be honest. Seemed to take on more responsibility tonight.

spockety wrote: »
    And people giving little or no credit to the manager who almost won us the league only 8 months ago are also a little sad.

It's not black and white, stop trying to make it black and white, you're on a hiding to nothing in yourself and you will not enjoy supporting Liverpool (or any team) for most of the time over the next 40 years.

Ah now, some of the posts trying to use last night as justification that "Summer signings take time to settle" are a little bit hard to take.

Can is the only summer signing you could call a definite success so far. The other 90% of the money looks like it was poorly spent.

Its okay to enjoy last night without really thinking things like "yes, Mario is back" or "yes, Lazar is definitely justfying his price tag!".

spockety wrote: »

I'll give the manager credit when it's deserved.

Like last season, like this current run, like by praising Can (who the manager bought).

I won't pretend he is doing a brilliant job this season (we're in 7th), or that all our summer signings are great (considering the money spent they've been poor except Can)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

If people are upset over the current crop of signings for their value wait till next season when that 5 billion pound tv deal kicks, going to be impossible to find a bargain and will be made pay well ofer the odds for every player. We are creeping up the table and our summer signings are playing their part.

I would think people are just happy at the turnaround seen since the 3 losses on the trot in the league.

A very impressive run of form that bodes well for the future, shows that Rodgers has a bit of something about him.

The early season form all going well will be seen as nothing more than a blip, a blip that might result in Liverpool not finishing in the Top4 but you either accept that for what it is or go full [EMAIL="ret@rd"]ret@rd[/EMAIL] negative.

I thought it quite sad that some folks were doubting he'd turn it around back in November.
    Augeo wrote: »
    28 points from 39 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement