Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Liam O wrote: »
    Coutinho is one of the most overhyped players in the league. Rarely does he step up and make a telling difference in a game in the way Lallana was doing a lot last season. Maybe that has changed in recent weeks when I haven't seen much of Liverpool but even earlier in the season Lallana looked much better than his competitors in his position and would inexplicably get substituted or moved around.

He's been brilliant for the past 2 months. Arguably Liverpool's best player in that time. Players like him are always a bit inconsistent especially as he's still quite young at 22 but they tend to find a good level of consistency as they get older.

Lallana better than Coutinho?

I must have missed tons of games. Were they played behind closed-doors? Any recent ones I've seen recently has seen Coutinho playing really well and Lallana not getting much of a look in

Amazing the stuff you read sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

PRAF wrote: »
    Respectfully disagree. I think losing Hendo for the last few games of the season cost us last years title. His energy, pressing, and engine are vital for us. He is technically very good (you should see him doing the crossbar challenge!) and his goals/assists return is very good for an out and out CM (2 goals and 6 assists I think). More importantly, his leadership skills are really beginning to show this year. A top player. Perhaps even a top, top player!

100% agree with that. He's far from Mensa material but he is the Rodgers man on the pitch. He will carry out Brendan's wishes to the letter, and will run all day, plus as you say, he is technically very good. He'd be in the first 2 or 3 down on the teamsheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

He's been brilliant for the past 2 months. Arguably Liverpool's best player in that time. Players like him are always a bit inconsistent especially as he's still quite young at 22 but they tend to find a good level of consistency as they get older.

All that's true, though he had one of his poorer games last night, it didn't seem to suit him. Perhaps he relies more on Sterling taking the heat off him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho is one of the most overhyped players in the league. Rarely does he step up and make a telling difference in a game in the way Lallana was doing a lot last season. Maybe that has changed in recent weeks when I haven't seen much of Liverpool but even earlier in the season Lallana looked much better than his competitors in his position and would inexplicably get substituted or moved around.
    Lol Coutinho is twice the player Lallana is. Since 2013 no one has created more clear cut chances than Coutinho. Ridiculous post.
    He has been brillant this season & atm would be Liverpool's POTY. Actualy watch the players before u post sh1t like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mumha wrote: »
    All that's true, though he had one of his poorer games last night, it didn't seem to suit him. Perhaps he relies more on Sterling taking the heat off him ?
    It was tiredness. Coutinho has played 16 games in under 2 months. Played every game since Man Utd. I would rest him saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

MD1990 wrote: »
    It was tiredness. Coutinho has played 16 games in under 2 months. Played every game since Man Utd. I would rest him saturday.

Coutinho was kicked around the place by Everton. I think that might have played a part last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Coutinho does things with the ball that I havent seen done since Ronaldinho was at his peak. His close control and passing are excellent. It's his finishing that really lets him down. With the chances he creates for himself, you know he could easily hit double figures for the season but he seems to drag 80%+ of his shots. That said, its been mentioned a few times that he's being staying behind after training to work on his shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We should buy that Ings lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We should buy that Ings lad.

and pay him £1m a week :p

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Coutinho does things with the ball that I havent seen done since Ronaldinho was at his peak. His close control and passing are excellent. It's his finishing that really lets him down. With the chances he creates for himself, you know he could easily hit double figures for the season but he seems to drag 80%+ of his shots. That said, its been mentioned a few times that he's being staying behind after training to work on his shooting.

His shooting has definitely improved. He used to drag all his shots wide. Now at least he gets a fair percentage on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

nonsense the winner against city in the 3 2 game scored against arsenal this year. He has been brilliant the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

West Ham have been pretty sound over the last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Smallings 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of Burnley, who were by far the better team in the 1st half.

• Advertisement

ings very good again tonight as he was against city and spurs. A fair few on here are writing him off if he was to sign I think you will be surprised.

ings very good again tonight as he was against city and spurs. A fair few on here are writing him off if he was to sign I think you will be surprised.

Think he would be a good option to have to be honest. Especially on a free.

Thanks to the Hammers once again. Great result.

Another 6 pointer v Southampton now

Think he would be a good option to have to be honest. Especially on a free.
    well it would be about 5 million on a tribunal but still a great option to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Southampton game is massive now, if it wasn't before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Southampton game is an absolute must not lose game now. Wouldn't be end of world if it was a draw but we would probably lose ground on Arsenal and Manure.

Serious competition for 3rd and 4th on now. We're only 5 off 3rd and 4 off 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Southampton game is an absolute must not lose game now. Wouldn't be end of world if it was a draw but we would probably lose ground on Arsenal and Man.

Serious competition for 3rd and 4th on now. We're only 5 off 3rd and 4 off 4th

Never mind :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Form table, nice to be top, would've been nicer to have made more ground on the other challengers for 4th.

16317451880_46149d59d5_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Coutinho is one of the most overhyped players in the league. Rarely does he step up and make a telling difference in a game

Thanks for giving me a laugh anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MOTD on in a few minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

An hour away isn't it? 11.40

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kfallon wrote: »
    An hour away isn't it? 11.40

I'm not watching, but it's usually on BBC NI an hour later, so if you have Sky you should choose a different BBC broadcast other than NI and see it now.

Watch "proper" BBC One! :p

/bogtrotters

Steven Gerrard could miss three weeks with hamstring injury.
    Liverpool could be without Steven Gerrard for up to three weeks due to a hamstring problem the captain suffered during the Premier League win over Tottenham Hotspur.

Gerrard was replaced in the 68th minute of Tuesday’s 3-2 victory over Mauricio Pochettino’s side after complaining of a tight hamstring. The 34-year-old will have a scan on the injury but expects to be sidelined for two to three weeks, forcing the midfielder to miss the FA Cup fifth-round tie at Crystal Palace, the Europa League first leg with Besiktas and the Premier League trip to Southampton on Sunday week.

A third week out would mean Gerrard also misses the second leg against Besiktas and a return to the Ataturk Stadium in Istanbul where he lifted the Champions League trophy in 2005, plus Manchester City’s visit to Anfield on 1 March.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/11/liverpool-steven-gerrard-injury

Steven Gerrard could miss three weeks with hamstring injury.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/11/liverpool-steven-gerrard-injury

Well it's either Allen and Henderson now or move Can up to play with Henderson and Lovren comes back in.

• Advertisement

Just saw that, Can will move up and sit in front of Lovren I'm sure.

****ing hell we're 6th on the MOTD list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lucas rossiter and gerrard injured, can will surely move into midfield now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

When is Toure due back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Southampton game is massive now, if it wasn't before!

This 'massive' malarkey. Really annoys me

We basically always need to win more games than we lose no matter what we're aiming for.
    We had to beat Southhampton anyway regardless of tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

****ing hell we're 6th on the MOTD list!

Ya it's always like that when the match is on the previous night.. We're the first of last nights matches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Utd are a woeful football team; if we don't catch them up then we don't deserve CL, we have that at home so it's within our hands to get the gap down to 2 points and honestly if we are not good enough to overtake such a turgid side then we'll have not played anyway near our best and thus, as I said, will deserve nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Looking forward to next years signings'i ings will be savage. Very clever player.

klose wrote: »
    Lucas rossiter and gerrard injured, can will surely move into midfield now?

If Can is moved into midfield, Allen must surely be out the door in the next window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

donfers wrote: »
    Utd are a woeful football team; if we don't catch them up then we don't deserve CL, we have that at home so it's within our hands to get the gap down to 2 points and honestly if we are not good enough to overtake such a turgid side then we'll have not played anyway near our best and thus, as I said, will deserve nothing

As long as opposition forwards keep kicking the ball straight at DeGea they will get results.

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Looking forward to next years signings'i ings will be savage. Very clever player.

He's quick and makes clever runs but his final ball needs improvement, well going on tonights match anyway.

Definitely a better option compared to Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Charlie19 wrote: »
    If Can is moved into midfield, Allen must surely be out the door in the next window.

I was hoping Delph would replace him (for free) in the summer. Either way, his days are numbered.

The biggest problem with Allen is that is doesn't compliment our starting midfielders.

T-K-O wrote: »
    I was hoping Delph would replace him (for free) in the summer. Either way, his days are numbered.

The biggest problem with Allen is that is doesn't compliment our starting midfielders.

I wouldn't be too sure on delph either, hopefully there is another gem like Can out there. Allen never really looked right at all and it was worrying that Rodgers would of known his abilities after working with him previously, but I suppose he was plan B after failing on Sig.

Guess we know why Ivanovic didn't make a big deal over Suarez's reaction that time he tried to elbow him in the face.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too sure on delph either, hopefully there is another gem like Can out there. Allen never really looked right at all and it was worrying that Rodgers would of known his abilities after working with him previously, but I suppose he was plan B after failing on Sig.

As a squad addition, Delph for free, Allen out for a few million leaves cash in the bank for other positions.

But yeah we could find better

T-K-O wrote: »
    As a squad addition, Delph for free, Allen out for a few million leaves cash in the bank for other positions.

But yeah we could find better

He signed a new contract so he won't be going anywhere cheaply now.

• Advertisement

From this he looks to be restraining Mccarthy from attacking the ref.

Ref actually looks terrified.
    B9mWb04IcAA2ShA.jpg:large

Read his first post on it:)

Hence the original post, I was ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just about to have the game on MOTD now

Chino went a bit overboard in the celebration...nearly fish hooked Lallana.

Chandsome *swoon*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement