Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

x43r0 wrote: »
    Just about to have the game on MOTD now

Still on the ManU game with upc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Phil Neville very impressed with Can ("he's mine" "no he's mine!!")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Phil Neville very impressed with Can ("he's mine" "no he's mine!!")

Didn't say anything positive about him on commentary last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Phil just said we can't have a go at LVG because he doesn't know his best team or system . Six month into the season Phil. Really, are you sure ? Because you know I think you can.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Didn't say anything positive about him on commentary last night.

He was praising Liverpool as a whole on the Savage & Fletch show after the game and was disagreeing with scholes on decisions made by Dowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too sure on delph either, hopefully there is another gem like Can out there. Allen never really looked right at all and it was worrying that Rodgers would of known his abilities after working with him previously, but I suppose he was plan B after failing on Sig.

Allen was brought in to help implement Rodgers Swansea style possession based game - he was to be the "metronome", and he started brightly enough but has really fallen down the pecking order now.
    He has a frail enough build and cant seem to cope physically or technically, I suppose he peaked early in his career. Will head back to Swansea or similar level in the summer imo.

garra wrote: »
    I suppose he peaked early in his career.

Was that under 14s or earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He was praising Liverpool as a whole on the Savage & Fletch show after the game and was disagreeing with scholes on decisions made by Dowd.

Christ. Why would you subject yourself to that ****e?

Savage is just bizarre. It's like he's this massive piss take and he's the only one who doesn't realise it.

He's like a trained chimp in the corner, rubbing **** in his hair for all the humans' amusement, thinking he's involved in the serious discussion that they're engaged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Wasssssuupppppppp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Phil just said we can't have a go at LVG because he doesn't know his best team or system . Six month into the season Phil. Really, are you sure ? Because you know I think you can.

That's not what he said. I think you might need to listen to that again, as horrific as that might sound.

He criticized him for not knowing his best team or his best formation. He then went on to say 1 loss in 18 means you can't be too critical in your analysis as they are getting results.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Christ. Why would you subject yourself to that ****e?

Savage is just bizarre. It's like he's this massive piss take and he's the only one who doesn't realise it.

He's like a trained chimp in the corner, rubbing **** in his hair for all the humans' amusement, thinking he's involved in the serious discussion that they're engaged in.

It was my first time to see it, As it just continued on after the stream I was watching and it was actually alright, there was a good bit of stick getting flung around (mainly in the direction of Scholes and Neville).

If Can is moved into midfield, Allen must surely be out the door in the next window.

We could bypass the door and just throw him out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Must be a case of knowing your audience, was his typical monotonous bitter self on NBC for the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It was my first time to see it, As it just continued on after the stream I was watching and it was actually alright, there was a good bit of stick getting flung around (mainly in the direction of Scholes and Neville).

I didn't watch it, but I liked the way they previewed it beforehand. "Join us after the game where we talk to Macca, Jamo, Mike-o, Scholesy ... and Phil Neville".

So boring he has never had a football nickname.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

5starpool wrote: »
    I didn't watch it, but I liked the way they previewed it beforehand. "Join us after the game where we talk to Macca, Jamo, Mike-o, Scholesy ... and Phil Neville".

So boring he has never had a football nickname

I think you'll find his nickname was "the sh*t Neville" although that's not really repeatable on tv. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    So boring he has never had a football nickname.

The Spastic Orangutan? Or was I the only one to call him that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Dickerty wrote: »

You won't be anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dickerty wrote: »

Now that's very unfair on orangutans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Now that's very unfair on orangutans
    ook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I listened to a match commentary recently with Phil and I'd take him any day over Michael Owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

sweetie wrote: »
    I listened to a match commentary recently with Phil and I'd take him any day over Michael Owen.

The two of them should team up to produce audiotracks for insomniacs....both men are blessed/cursed with rare gifts/handicaps....incredibly dull boring voices and low level intellects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I watch my EPL on NBC so Phil was the commentator on the Spurs game the other night, it was bad real bad. If you took Gary Neville and Michael Owen put the together you would get Phil Neville.

rob316 wrote: »
    I watch my EPL on NBC so Phil was the commentator on the Spurs game the other night, it was bad real bad. If you took Gary Neville and Michael Owen put the together you would get Phil Neville.

A bit of Neil Mellor in there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

From this he looks to be restraining Mccarthy from attacking the ref.

Ref actually looks terrified.
    B9mWb04IcAA2ShA.jpg:large
    Looks like hes choking him to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

sweetie wrote: »

Phil Neville was whispering through the Bolton v Liverpool game recently as if he didnt want the person behind him to hear what he was saying!!... Owen with his annoying nasal tone is worse though. The little sh*te.
    More Danny Murphy please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Owen comes out with lines "I was thinking just after half time got underway that they should bring on Balotelli to get the winner."

Dear Michael, you are supposed to be saying this rather than lying about what you supposedly thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Owen comes out with lines "I was thinking just after half time got underway that they should bring on Balotelli to get the winner."

Dear Michael, you are supposed to be saying this rather than lying about what you supposedly thought.

I could swear he mentioned tottenham and spurs seperately with the other clubs vying for CL qualification

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Our best XI will start now atleast. Hopefully more game time for Lallana too.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emre-can-could-become-future-8631349

“When we were monitoring him to come into Liverpool, we knew he could play at centre half, the opportunity arose itself to come into the back three, which he’s been fantastic at,” said Pascoe.

“He showed the other night when he stepped into midfield that is his position - he wants to play there, but he will play anywhere for Liverpool. He’s a great asset, a great lad and a good player.”

Can had originally struggled to justify his £10m fee since moving to Anfield in the summer, but the 21-year-old is now regarded as an integral part of Brendan Rodgers’ new-look side.

“He hasn’t moaned about anything, he didn’t knock on the manager’s door earlier on in the season,” Pascoe added. “He’s just got on with it and worked hard, waited for his chance and grabbed it with both hands.”

The Reds no.2 also hailed the German’s leadership skills. When asked whether he could a future Liverpool captain, Pascoe responded: “He’s young, he’s learning his game, in years to come he’ll progress and be one of them.

“He’s a leader, he’s a leader on the pitch, he’s been fantastic – but at the moment, he’s not looking at that himself, but he’s a great lad.”

• Advertisement

Rodgers nominated for January manager of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

gafferino wrote: »
    Rodgers nominated for January manager of the month.

Christ that'll piss a few people off! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Flavor of the month obviously.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dunno. Top of the form table, so probably deserved.

Hendo and Khan training for the Costa rematch!

Khan-Hendo-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Once the players stop playing in spite of the manager he'll finally get the sack lads... you just wait. It's coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

tok9 wrote: »
    Once the players stop playing in spite of the manager he'll finally get the sack lads... you just wait. It's coming.

:confused:

As far as this season goes, this is a relatively happy time. Why ruin it!!?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

There is always one! And sometimes, it's you. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can had originally struggled to justify his £10m fee since moving to Anfield .

Really?? Whoever did that article?

cjmc wrote: »
    Can had originally struggled to justify his £10m fee since moving to Anfield .

Really?? Whoever did that article?

Well he didn't play like Beckenbauer the moment he arrived, so yes, clearly not good enough...

• Advertisement

Sakho practising his tackling :)

sakhotackle.jpg

Nivea have just signed as our new 'grooming' partner.

Sakho practising his tackling :)

sakhotackle.jpg

Both of them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

To be honest, I'd like to think we all have better things to be happy about than how the LFC rumour thread is going on boards.

I can see the posters now with Emre 'Manlove' Can, Philippe 'Babyface' Coutinho and Mamadou 'Look at the shiny shiny' Sakho...

I think Hangballouis had his eye on that job. The filthy pervert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Some great running by Henderson in the ad for someone who runs from his knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Some great running by Henderson in the ad for someone who runs from his knees.

he sprays from his knees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

ricero wrote: »
    he sprays from his knees

kneeodorant.

• Advertisement

After Tuesday I am seriously confident we can finish in the Top 4 possibly 3rd even. Of all the contenders for Top 4 we are the most on form, beat Southampton next and we are really in it. Southampton starting to drop a bit so its a good time to play them.

I've been watching a lot of United lately while they are picking up the points they are poor. Despite us loosing a huge amount of away games, we still have more away points than them. After the next few games they have a very tough fixture list coming up which I expect them to drop many points.

3rd/4th is between United, Arsenal and us. Despite been a point behind Spurs I don't see them there. While we have a lot of games to play still I think we finally have a bit of strength in depth to cope.

Exciting times again boys :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement