Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

259C3F2600000578-0-image-a-164_1423759504322.jpg

Football painting friend!

tumblr_laq2f3cn5r1qzhf66o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lucas has just a little bit more good history to him than Lovren.

Sakho was never as bad as Lovren.

Mignolet has no competition.

Not wanting to play Lovren because we have Toure in the event we move Can to the middle is a perfectly reasonable contention.

I continue to post here because I've been here longer than most and will be here after many have closed their accounts / been banned / stomped off in a huff. If I didn't have a thick skin at this stage I'd never acquire one.

Lovern last season played far better than Toure has this year. If the manager decides to give him a run i'd understand and if he doesn't i'd also see that side of the coin. But to just dismiss it as an option is folly imo.

Mignolet might have no competition but he had none when he was dropped either. And i don't think anyone can argue that it seems to have done him some good.

I've no doubt you will be around for a long time and you should be. You're an active poster. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean you shouldn't post. But for me the two sides are as guilty of personal attacks on the poster as each other. Both sides replying with "lollingtonesque" posts regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about Allen but for some reason he reminds me of Peter Parker before he becomes Spider-Man. Kind, likeable, good-hearted and loves his granny but shy, quiet, timid and far too easily bullied when it comes down to it. Not exactly what I'd want protecting our defence in place of Lex Lucas Luther Leiva.
    Big fan of Levia, eh?
    259C3F2600000578-0-image-a-164_1423759504322.jpg
    Photo by Splash News, not very comforting if you're looking for a painter:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Vicxas wrote: »
    Arsenal definitely have the better run, they need to mess up.

With Sanchez and Ramsey injured it could happen.

It's tough to see us pole vaulting so many teams, but doable. Southampton win is 100% essential, as I can't see us getting anything vs city...so even a win against Southampton is likely to still see us 8(!) adrift of united (maybe 6, could see a draw away at Swansea tbf), and 6 behind arsenal after next two rounds of games. You can see how quickly any hope fades at that point.

As I was saying on here from the 10 game mark, left ourselves a serious mountain to climb and had Rodgers switched it up sooner we'd have avoided some very strange draws and losses. But here we are, climbing the mountain....last 8 games have been great, no better time to face into this run, so here's hoping for the improbable :)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

NukaCola wrote: »
    If you are confident in us getting 3/4 because of form why do you completely overlook Southampton for top 4 when they are also in good form? Why overlook Spurs who are also in good form? Writing them off with them currently above us is short sighted in the least.

The run we have been on has been great, but have we really seen enough to be confident of a top 3/4. I really dont see it. I'm all for positivity but talk of finishing top 3 seems crazy to me. Its looking good, but confident I certainly am not.

Some fans really let their hearts rule their heads.

Completely agree with this incidentally. Don't know how people can write off Southampton. They'll run it tight it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fair play Mario getting involved in the community.

That one of the houses around the ground that the club let go to sh*t in recent years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Sakho dealt with that cutting in superbly,

(gets coat, .......an undercoat you could say)

:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Big fan of Levia, eh?

Photo by Splash News, not very comforting if you're looking for a painter:pac:

Arah I'd just prefer if Leiva wasn't injured tbh, it's sickening how regular an occurrence it is. I read earlier that of his 190 appearances for Liverpool, he's come off injured 821 times, crazy!

I hope Allen or whoever else does the job for him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fair play Mario getting involved in the community.

That one of the houses around the ground that the club let go to sh*t in recent years?

Mario? I thought it was Aly. Doh. Silly me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

NukaCola wrote: »
    Last 6 Southampton games. W4 D1 L1......

Indeed. And that loss to Swansea was a fluke. They are winning without playing well, just like United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Knex. wrote: »
    Look at Emre, doing livinginkorea proud! :D

Love the way he checked out Jordan's hair too...you can feel the jealously there. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

According to Tony Barrett, Rodgers is in Turin for talks with Pogba and his agent is happy with how things went.

There would be some meltdown if that happens in the summer.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    According to Tony Barrett, Rodgers is in Turin for talks with Pogba and his agent is happy with how things went.

Where are you seeing that? Nothing on his Twitter.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTlmes 1h1 hour ago
    Brendan Rodgers has been in Italy for talks with Juventus over Paul Pogba, His agent Mino Raiola is "happy" how talks went. #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Treat Mario well...Same agent :)

• Advertisement

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTlmes 8m8 minutes ago
    Brendan Rodgers is with Roma Owner James Pallotta in talks with signing Pjanic, Roma are happy how talks are going so far. #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

fake account

Never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Maybe thats the flight he had to rush off to after the match the other night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rodgers is in rome by all accounts anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

U must have got a Super Rush when u taught that was real:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Was just on Emre Can's instagram page and saw this

2ewnlt0.jpg

Well I laughed

:D

Fake account. Barrett and Times are spelled wrong.

klose wrote: »
    Rodgers is in rome by all accounts anyways

Selling Johnson to Roma for £40m.

While getting Pjanic, Nainggolan & Strootman in for £30m combined. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Treat Mario well...Same agent :)

We could pay him with these maybe?

fireworks-9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We do not have the cash for the likes of Pogba.

He's seriously out of our league.

If he moves in the summer it'll be to one of the European giants and it'll be 60m+ and he'll be getting 200k a week.

Gbear wrote: »
    We do not have the cash for the likes of Pogba.

He's seriously out of our league.

If he moves in the summer it'll be to one of the European giants and it'll be 60m+ and he'll be getting 200k a week.

He's also 21 so there are folks who think £100k+ is to much for players that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its has to be pjanic if he's in Rome. A signing we need too. Strootman is crocked again so doubt its him.

Pjanic would some signing but I'd say we would be looking at north of £30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Emre Fúckin Can.

B9kWLZiCEAAg7FQ.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

Rodgers is in Rome to get borini shifted in the summer ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

He's also 21 so there are folks who think £100k+ is to much for players that age.

Earning that kind of money can leave a player with little else to strive for, in terms of earnings. Not all footballers have their heads turned by money, and some 21 yos are more mature than seasoned pros.. but generally speaking if you make a young man very wealthy before he has earned it you better have deep pockets and a forgiving attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dunno if this has been posted yet and I can't be arsed skimming back to see if it has... :)

gafferino wrote: »
    B9pyGiBIUAA0vwK.png

I am very hopeful of Liverpool getting top 4 for the following reasons...
    - over 13 games you won't find 5 teams playing to capability so how easy or hard a run of 13 games is on paper can't be overly read into imo
    - I mentioned earlier in the season more than once admittedly that Liverpool over performed last season and underperformed up to and including the 3 lost PL games on the trot, since than I still don't think we've peaked, I reckon there is more in the tank and I'm confident of us at least maintaining the last 12 games ppg over the next 13 games
    - the Sturridge factor is huge, if he plays 70% of the remaining league games I believe some extra points over and above the ppg I allude to above will be achieved
    - Liverpool look to be playing decent football and the players seem to be enjoying it, the swagger, togetherness and unity is visible, it looks a happy camp.
    - the experience of being involved in the title run last season will stand to those players, a huge percentage of most of our starting 11s and some of the next in line for places
    - many posters mentioned at the start of the season that integrating more than a couple of players into a team is a huge challenge, we saw this, Rodgers than went back to as many of last years 11 as he could do and than had a 2nd go at integrating some new players, it's yielding results now
    - Liverpool are underdogs for Top 4, pressure I think isn't a factor now to a huge degree
    - Liverpool have been consistently decent for a period of 12 games while admittedly playing some lowly positioned teams, some of the teams above us seem more fragile and more likely to hit a bad run, I have no doubt Liverpool will drop points but I don't think we'll have a bad run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nainngolan as a DM would be an immense signing.

We end up signing some Italian player who has great movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Damm he looks #awkward with that paintbrush he is going to leave streaks.

That might b interpreted as having a go at posters who say he's awkward!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I normally treat anything I read on twatter with 100% scepticism however MrBoywunder is a real Liverpool-head
    MrBoywunder @MrBoywunder · 42m42 minutes ago

Don't shoot the messenger. I asked if Pjanic is done. I was told. "It's close". "Dybala next". Blimey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Emre Fúckin Can.

Der Panzer

If I came home and caught Can in bed with my Mrs I'd go back downstairs and boil the kettle for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

He's one handsome ****er.

I see Pjanic and Panzer have been mentioned in recent posts. Sounds very like PANDA.

Emre Fúckin Can.

Some might say he's more of a Turkish delight. :P

Oh Emre, we love you Emre.
    I think about you so much my missus says she'll leave me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I am a real Emre Can
    Fight for the rights of every man
    I am a real Emre Can
    Fight for what's right, fight for your life

(Well it's better that that Sam Smith one)

sabat wrote: »
    I am a real Emre Can
    I am a real Emre Can

No need to put yourself down with that but in the brackets. Why? Cuz this is good! Very fcuking good! I like it.

*sings tune.

• Advertisement

It all started here lads :) the moment we realised that like could turn in to love.

chelsea-hazard-stats_3263595.jpg

Stats aren't everything by any means but Sterling is in good company there. Chelsea already got Hazard on a new contract, Liverpool should do the same. Give him what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I normally treat anything I read on twatter with 100% scepticism however MrBoywunder is a real Liverpool-head

It's a piss take out of that Geoff arsenal itk fella for arsenal who posted the same tweet about 2 years ago except it was higuain and Rooney instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

sabat wrote: »
    I am a real Emre Can
    I am a real Emre Can

If we're going this route it might as well just be the HBK entrance music...no lyric change needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So, with the majority of our summer signings starting to come good (Can in particular) is Rodgers policy of raw clay players over the genuine article paying off?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement