Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ibe is cup tied also

Right forgot that would have Marko in instead then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Are we on the box today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are we on the box today?

On BT Sports 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are we on the box today?

Bt sports i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bt sports i think.

Cheers;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Might isn't the only one over thinking things. It's amazing how something positive can be turned into a negative when it comes to Rodgers.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

K-9 wrote: »
    Might isn't the only one over thinking things. It's amazing how something positive can be turned into a negative when it comes to Rodgers.

Didn't see anyone criticising Rodgers, if your referring to my post I simply said it was a dangerous move to put Jones in instead of Mig. He didn't improve us when he came in but Migs form improved so kudos but it was a dangerous move IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

K-9 wrote: »

You might find that it is the incessant need to contribute any sort of success to him being a messiah.

He is a good manager that is learning and improving all of the time but there are still countless questions around his actual credentials as a manager of a club like Liverpool.

I am leaning towards thinking that he has enough about him but I do think that he is a bit of a bull****ter and that he was lost for a few months there. All that counts though is the end result and the team is humming once again.

So best of luck to him and I hope that he keeps it up and proves his doubters, including me, wrong. I need to say though that I don't subscribe to most of the views here.

Mignolet, the defence, Lucas and Can are all good fortune. How he has arrived here is just too hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You might find that it is the incessant need to contribute any sort of success to him being a messiah.

He is a good manager that is learning and improving all of the time but there are still countless questions around his actual credentials as a manager of a club like Liverpool.

I am leaning towards thinking that he has enough about him but I do think that he is a bit of a bull****ter and that he was lost for a few months there. All that counts though is the end result and the team is humming once again.

So best of luck to him and I hope that he keeps it up and proves his doubters, including me, wrong. I need to say though that I don't subscribe to most of the views here.

Mignolet, the defence, Lucas and Can are all good fortune. How he has arrived here is just too hit and miss.
    The need to attribute any sort of failure to him being a spoofer is just as annoying, imo.

Both sides are just as ingrained in their prejudice to see any hope of agreement and it's really taking from the thread.

The need to attribute any sort of failure to him being a spoofer is just as annoying, imo.

Both sides are just as ingrained in their prejudice to see any hope of agreement and it's really taking from the thread.

They are, absolutely. That was part of the point that I was trying (poorly maybe) to make.

As I said, I hope that he is a success and I love to get behind him. But I don't believe that his successes are the result of some grand plan. I think that he is learning and has stumbled a bit upon success. However, it needs to be acknowledged that you can't stumble upon success without having something about you in the first place.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but I won't be shocked if it does fall fall apart again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are, absolutely. That was part of the point that I was trying (poorly maybe) to make.

As I said, I hope that he is a success and I love to get behind him. But I don't believe that his successes are the result of some grand plan. I think that he is learning and has stumbled a bit upon success. However, it needs to be acknowledged that you can't stumble upon success without having something about you in the first place.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but I won't be shocked if it does fall fall apart again.

Which could be parsed as Rodgers is flexible and adaptable and contrary to what was expected he is not wedded to the "Swanselona" model. If he were not willing make changes as circumstances demand he'd not be much of a manager. The only criticism one can lay at his door in that regard is that it took him a couple of months too long to see a way of setting the team up to be tighter while having no functioning strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks like wisdom has lost his place at west brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ibe is cup tied also

Does that mean if we win the FA cup Ibe won't get a medal?
    I guess he would get an honorary one that won't mean much to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What's the rumoured line up for today ?

Tbh, i wouldn't hold that against him. I remember Ferguson being on the cusp of being fired until a freaky FA cup win bought him some more time but he is now, rightly, being hailed as one of the greatest managers in the game*.

My gripe with him is the length of time it seems to take him to adapt to the situation, pretty much as Harry said above. But he is young and improving and he will get more confident and the team will get more confident as they both improve.

It would be sheer folly to remove him in the next 2 years as he remakes and improves the team, though.

*may or may not be true, terms and conditions apply

ricero wrote: »

Ibe
    ---Ibe--Ibe--Ibe
    Ibe-Ibe
    Ibe----Ibe---Ibe
    Ibe--Ibe

I hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Awesome site here which lists all of our televised matches for the rest of the season - PL, Europe, FA Cup etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ibe
    ---Ibe--Ibe--Ibe
    Ibe-Ibe
    Ibe----Ibe---Ibe
    Ibe--Ibe

I hear

Can't see us winning then.........given the fact that he's cup tied.

Leaked line ups have dried up since the echo reported on it being a problem. Still get the odd one closer to kick off maybe.

• Advertisement

Ibe
    ---Ibe--Ibe--Ibe
    Ibe-Ibe
    Ibe----Ibe---Ibe
    Ibe--Ibe

I hear
    #betterthanDoni

:pac:

Ibe
    ---Ibe--Ibe--Ibe
    Ibe-Ibe
    Ibe----Ibe---Ibe
    Ibe--Ibe

I hear
    mosstin wrote: »
    Can't see us winning then.........given the fact that he's cup tied.

463.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The problem this season was transfers, no back up for Might or CM bought. I'd blame Rodgers for putting too many new signings in so quickly making it difficult for them to settle.

Still I doubt many would have predicted Lovren and Balotelli would be so poor.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Which could be parsed as Rodgers is flexible and adaptable and contrary to what was expected he is not wedded to the "Swanselona" model. If he were not willing make changes as circumstances demand he'd not be much of a manager. The only criticism one can lay at his door in that regard is that it took him a couple of months too long to see a way of setting the team up to be tighter while having no functioning strikers.

A couple of months is probably a wee bit too long and the striker situation, it could be argued, is something that he is largely accountable for.

But again, that is fine. He is young, relatively inexperienced, managing his first big club and has plenty to learn. That lets him off the hook on many things but also forms, ironically, the basis of why some fans have major doubts. I understand those doubts too to be honest.

Major doubts and not being bought into the hype doesn't mean that there is a desire to see him fail though. That is the most frustrating thing about this forum in recent months.

The snide remarks and goading needs to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

As someone else said earlier, todays game would be perfect to explore a potential Balo/Sturridge partnership and possibly Emre in midfield too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Didn't see anyone criticising Rodgers, if your referring to my post I simply said it was a dangerous move to put Jones in instead of Mig. He didn't improve us when he came in but Migs form improved so kudos but it was a dangerous move IMO.

Mig was gone so bad that anyone would have been an improvement.

• Advertisement

Tbh, i wouldn't hold that against him. I remember Ferguson being on the cusp of being fired until a freaky FA cup win bought him some more time but he is now, rightly, being hailed as one of the greatest managers in the game*.

My gripe with him is the length of time it seems to take him to adapt to the situation, pretty much as Harry said above. But he is young and improving and he will get more confident and the team will get more confident as they both improve.

It would be sheer folly to remove him in the next 2 years as he remakes and improves the team, though.

My concerns too are with how long it takes him to get there. Given how long it takes, I wonder whether he eventually arrives there by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Just seen this on Twitter but doesnt seem to be from a credible source so we'll have to wait and see nearer kick off...

Mignolet
    Lovren Skrtel Sakho
    Markovic Henderson Can Moreno
    Lallana
    Balotelli Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Love to see that team.

djPSB wrote: »

While I appreciate the sentiment, that turned out to be not true as Jones showed himself up in the few games he did come in for Mignolet. He almost single handedly handed Utd 3 points.

mormank wrote: »
    Does that mean if we win the FA cup Ibe won't get a medal?
    I guess he would get an honorary one that won't mean much to him

I dont know, I would guess he would not receive one at all though.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »

As mormank said above, that turned out to be false. Jones was awful.

Mig on a bad day was still a better option than Jones any day.

I dont know, I would guess he would not receive one at all though.

That's a shame but one would hope if we do win it and he doesn't get one it would drive him to more success in the future.

That's a shame but one would hope if we do win it and he doesn't get one it would drive him to more success in the future.

He might get one if Derby win it :P

I think Can should be in midfield but I am still very happy to see the same back 3 start the game.

I think what will happen in a lot of games going forward will be Can starting in the backline and on 60/70 minutes he will move into midfield and Lovren will come on.

A good way to freshen up midfield and ease Lovren back into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

There's the lineup :

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=67920382572

No Ballo/Sturridge combo as Twatter thought, and Allen gets a start.... :/

It really shows how weak we are in CM position.

He might get one if Derby win it :P

Now there's an interesting thought. I wonder how many potential medals Liverpool loanees are currently looking like winning. Winning medals can only be a good thing for them going forward.

It really shows how weak we are in CM position.

Well we do have 2 starring centre mids injured in fairness

klose wrote: »

I get that.

Thing is Gerrard is in his last season and Lucas is injury prone.

Then there was what felt like a week long debate if Allen is good enough or not.

I honestly can't figure out if you've accidentally put two r's in starting or if you indeed meant "starring".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Pardew just said that they're playing the best team left in the competition. That will go down well everywhere I'm sure.:pac:

I honestly can't figure out if you've accidentally put two r's in starting or if you indeed meant "starring".
    Haha nah meant starting, damn autocorrect.!

Haha nah meant starting, damn autocorrect.!

Thought so, just wasn't sure. Usualy it's easy to spot an auto correct but it was possible you just massively over rated our "starting" midfielders. ;)

Pardew just said that they're playing the best team left in the competition. That will go down well everywhere I'm sure.:pac:

Well he would say that now wouldn't he. :rolleyes:

Id sooner have Allen than Gerrard in CM from now on.

Yes, I am serious.

Augeo wrote: »
    Id sooner have Allen than Gerrard in CM from now on.

Yes, I am serious.

In Rodgers eyes gerrard is very much a starting midfielder which is what I meant. Would consider gerrard a bench player these days preferably.

In Rodgers eyes gerrard is very much a starting midfielder which is what I meant. Would consider gerrard a bench player these days preferably.

When has Gerrard last started in CM?
    Lucas and Henderson have been in those positions of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

We could really use Can in midfield.

I really hope we spend big on a world class center midfielder in the Summer to partner him with also. If we plug a couple of gaps in the starting 11 with quality players we have the makings of a very, very good team.

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    We could really use Can in midfield.

I really hope we spend big on a world class center midfielder in the Summer to partner him with also.

Thats the end of Henderson then.

But I do agree we need a world class CM in the summer after we get a world class striker first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Thats the end of Henderson then.

But I do agree we need a world class CM in the summer after we get a world class striker first.

Plenty of games and I'm sure we'll play 3 in the middle in a lot of games next year.

With Gerrard and Lucas possibly leaving and Joe Allen being Joe Allen we'll probably need to sign 2 midfielders. Can playing in the middle with a genuine world class player would really excite me though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement