Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

woodyg wrote: »
    it's nice to be looking at the squad and go yep there is some really good attacking options to pick from
    4 strikers
    countless attacking midfield options
    decent central midfield options
    players who Can cover many positions without a reduction in performance

i liked the team selection today because it meant right let's keep the run going
    winning games is a great habit to be in

Cheeky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I feel we have the bones of a great side on our hands. 2 or 3 quality addition to the team in the summer and I feel we could challange for top spot next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ricero wrote: »
    I feel we have the bones of a great side on our hands. 2 or 3 quality addition to the team in the summer and I feel we could challange for top spot next season

You won't say that when Lucas goes to Napoli, Allen and Johnson sign 5 year contracts, Sterling leaves for City, Coutinho for PSG and our only new signing is Danny Ings.

#everyone_out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

You won't say that when Lucas goes to Napoli, Allen and Johnson sign 5 year contracts, Sterling leaves for City, Coutinho for PSG and our only new signing is Danny Ings.

#everyone_out

You sick bastard.

#everyone_out

Ah jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Just seeing the goals now on MOTD. On the 2nd one, what exactly do Palace think the 2 Liverpool players are doing in the wall? Helping them out? You need to be a thick not to realise that 2 opposition players standing beside each other in your wall is going to leave a big hole if they move.

Yeah, but the goalie is standing there, hoping to save it, should they move to create the hole. He couldn't because of Mario's genius :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Assist for the winner = summer signing
    Scorer of the winner = summer signing
    Most candsome player = summer signing

b2f5ac0e3fd15701b35f28d5df51af30112a6e667785881be455cb72a31cc9a0.jpg

Jesus lads, were on a sausage roll within roll of a roll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

#everyone_out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Looks like harry got no cards this year:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Misses the match, how did Mario play when he came on? Did he make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Morzadec wrote: »
    Misses the match, how did Mario play when he came on? Did he make a difference?

He was good, did nothing stupid, made good little runs in and around the 18 yard box, used the ball constructively when a bit of time wasting and possession was needed and took his free kick "assist" well.

He smiled after the goal :) Maybe he is someone who can make a real difference esp in the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Awesome stuff sakho getting a chant yeaterday

https://vine.co/v/OPFLiiJViDL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'Come paint my house Sakho...
    Come paint my house Sakho...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sturridge liverpool goals per game ratio is 3rd only to messi and ronaldo. That's impressive, if only he was fit more. He's a player you could build your team around to compete at the top.

We would be fighting for the league if he was fit for even 2 of the 5 months he was out. Such a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

rob316 wrote:
    Sturridge liverpool goals per game ratio is 3rd only to messi and ronaldo. That's impressive, if only he was fit more. He's a player you could build your team around to compete at the top.

Aguero?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

sweetie wrote: »
    Aguero?

Sturridge has .67 goals per game aguero has .65 and then Costa with .63

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Come paint my house Sakho...
    Come paint my house Sakho...'

He's big,he's scouse,
    he'll come and paint your house,
    Sakho Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Watching MOTD last night and no mention of Gayle diving all over the place, also had to laugh at one of the papers match report that said Palace where the better team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He's big,he's scouse,
    he'll come and paint your house,
    Sakho Sakho.

Always have to go one better. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    A good passer? Do you actually watch him or are you just raving? All he does is pass the ball backwards and sideways. Sure even I could do that

Dry up......he was very good yesterday. He keeps the ball moving, hassles and tackles when we don have it. Gives it away the odd time, but I dont think we ever see a 100% pass rate in the PL. Hes small so gets bullied at times. If im not mistaken he played a lovely ball into Henderson yesterday before the Sturridge goal

World Class....Hell no
    Rubbish..........Hell no
    Worth 15m......Hell no
    Decent...........Yes

Lucas is a better DM and reads the game better but Allen is more mobile, so hes not a like for like replacement

Wasnt he also playing CM when we beat Spurs away earlier in the season....our best performance of the first half of the season by a long way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Insanely congested fixture list coming up. Five games over 13 days. Rotation is absolutely essential here. Can see the likes of Lovren, Allen, Enrique, Manquillo, Balotelli, even Borini or Lambert starting games during this period. Just about getting the right balance in the team selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

rob316 wrote: »
    Sturridge liverpool goals per game ratio is 3rd only to messi and ronaldo. .

Messi and Ronaldos Liverpool goals per game ratios are poor to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Lucas however tackles, wins the ball and passes to Coutinho who is in space.

Lucas also gives away a lot of fouls....Id rather have Lucas than Allen, but Allen is not the rubbish player that he is made out to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Messi and Ronaldos Liverpool goals per game ratios are poor to be fair.
    Not Messis fault he was played at left back:cool:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Always have to go one better. :p

I saw it on Twitter earlier :o

Watching MOTD last night and no mention of Gayle diving all over the place, also had to laugh at one of the papers match report that said Palace where the better team

He's English, they wouldn't dare tarnish the reputation of one of their own on MOTD.

Ffs even Pardew admitted that Liverpool were the better team, Pardew like, Alan Pardew!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Has anyone got links to the gayle dives? I didn't see the game but fan forums were irate about him - must have been absolutely blatant stuff, however MOTD totally oblivious to it.

Worth 15m......Hell no :....

If sold with 24 months left on his contract he won't be fetching tiny money, defo get 10m anyway imo.

donfers wrote: »
    Has anyone got links to the gayle dives? I didn't see the game but fan forums were irate about him - must have been absolutely blatant stuff, however MOTD totally oblivious to it.

Found this for ya if it's any good to ya?! :)

http://gfycat.com/SpitefulLeafyGermanspaniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I have to say shay given was good today would be a very good back up if the club could make it happen.

• Advertisement

I have to say shay given was good today would be a very good back up if the club could make it happen.

Imo Given should be... Given a chance. I reckon he Can do it for us like Emre Can Can. A good solid player in his Given position.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Imo Given should be... Given a chance. I reckon he Can do it for us like Emre Can Can. A good solid player in his Given position.

Jesus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

DVDM93 wrote: »

gat-gif.gif

Knex. wrote: »
    gat-gif.gif

Ooohhhh I just got burned.

Or should I say... Byrned :P

Oh I love Sundays :)

I laughed at "Byrned". Puns just get me :o :pac:

You ridiculed yourself first anyway, it was fair game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Be nice if Tiger Tim could get continued improvement out of Villa.
    We are finished with them but they still have to play MUFC, Spurs, City and Southampton. This seasons Sunderland hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Dry up......he was very good yesterday. He keeps the ball moving, hassles and tackles when we don have it. Gives it away the odd time, but I dont think we ever see a 100% pass rate in the PL. Hes small so gets bullied at times. If im not mistaken he played a lovely ball into Henderson yesterday before the Sturridge goal

World Class....Hell no
    Rubbish..........Hell no
    Worth 15m......Hell no
    Decent...........Yes

Lucas is a better DM and reads the game better but Allen is more mobile, so hes not a like for like replacement

Wasnt he also playing CM when we beat Spurs away earlier in the season....our best performance of the first half of the season by a long way

I didnt manage to see the game so I wont comment on Allens performance but if he did play well then fair play to him

I partly guessed some Allen apologist would feel the need to rub my nose in it and I wasnt wrong. Fair play though, you kept your resentment for my post bottled up for days so Id say the sense of self satisfaction you took to go back and find that old post of mine was quite something indeed

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Brad friedel is the form ancient sub keeper surely. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When is the draw for the next round?

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    When is the draw for the next round?

Tomorrow night

Be nice if Tiger Tim could get continued improvement out of Villa.
    We are finished with them but they still have to play MUFC, Spurs, City and Southampton. This seasons Sunderland hopefully.

Not sure why you put City in there...we ain't catching them this season.

Great result yesterday. Upward trend in form continues.

Home draw now and I'd be chuffed

Would be very interested in seeing Morzadec's table for fourth this season. Personally, I don't see three teams from Spurs, Arsenal, Southampton, and United slipping up enough to let us overtake them, but I'd be keen to see how much we have to catch up as per his workings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Would be very interested in seeing Morzadec's table for fourth this season. Personally, I don't see three teams from Spurs, Arsenal, Southampton, and United slipping up enough to let us overtake them, but I'd be keen to see how much we have to catch up as per his workings.

That table was like long division to me. I hadn't a breeze what it was all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

With the way the season has gone there are plenty more twists and turns. 4th is up for grabs and if one team can go on a good and proper run the could be the ones to get that place. In 2 months LFC have gained 6 points on Man Utd and have yet to play them so I don't think it's unrealistic coming 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I kind of missed a few and wasn't bothered catching up. Haven't been too active this year in general to be honest, finding it hard to find the time to go for more than an occasional browse!

Anyway, I don't think it would have been very instructive this season given the fact Everton have dropped out so much. I suppose you could substitute Southampton in there instead.

Sure Knex you seemed to have a decent grasp of it, feel free to work it all out and post it up :P

Morzadec wrote: »
    I kind of missed a few and wasn't bothered catching up. Haven't been too active this year in general to be honest, finding it hard to find the time to go for more than an occasional browse!

Anyway, I don't think it would have been very instructive this season given the fact Everton have dropped out so much. I suppose you could substitute Southampton in there instead.

Sure Knex you seemed to have a decent grasp of it, feel free to work it all out and post it up :P

Might actually. I have time until Tuesday so, I would say, to go about drawing it up.

I have a feeling it will be a one time thing, though!

Edit: Dug up the posts explaining it, and so on, so I'll see if I can get around to it.

Might actually. I have time until Tuesday so, I would say, to go about drawing it up.

I have a feeling it will be a one time thing, though!

Edit: Dug up the posts explaining it, and so on, so I'll see if I can get around to it.

No way man. If you do it once,you have to keep it up.

With great power comes great responsibility ;)

No way man. If you do it once,you have to keep it up.

With great power comes great responsibility ;)

Is that why you're always a bollocks, Kerri? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Kolo has retired from Ivory Coast!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement