Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No way man. If you do it once,you have to keep it up.

With great power comes great responsibility ;)

Uncle Benigooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Be nice if Tiger Tim could get continued improvement out of Villa.
    We are finished with them but they still have to play MUFC, Spurs, City and Southampton. This seasons Sunderland hopefully.

Still possible opponents in the FA Cup of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Get it done Knex Gu'lad. It's a good look charm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

kfallon wrote: »

Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sounds totally legit.

Why would Milan not want to celebrate a 10 year anniversary of losing a final.

Looking forward to the 2017 match more myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So Milan are willing to play a friendly during the season, to commemorate a game they lost, and on the wrong date of the anniversary?

Sounds exactly like the type of thing Berlusconi would approve of, when are the tickets on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

martyos121 wrote: »
    So Milan are willing to play a friendly during the season, to commemorate a game they lost, and on the wrong date of the anniversary?

Sounds exactly like the type of thing Berlusconi would approve of, when are the tickets on sale?
    Last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No way man. If you do it once,you have to keep it up.

With great power comes great responsibility ;)
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Uncle Benigooney.

due to die in a new spiderman origins movie coming soon to all good cinema places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Well I'm just going to say it, I want Arsenal in the next round of the Fa Cup. If we get them at Anfield it's a bonus.

mormank wrote: »
    Well I'm just going to say it, I want Arsenal in the next round of the Fa Cup. If we get them at Anfield it's a bonus.

Id rather Utd draw them tbh!

Still though, if we get a home draw v anyone I'll be happy enough

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Id rather Utd draw them tbh!

Still though, if we get a home draw v anyone I'll be happy enough

No we can't take the risk of them beating Utd in the next round. I want to play them before the competition moves to nuetral venues. I think we have a better chance of beating them at Anfield or a combination of a draw at their place and then Anfield than over one game at a nuetral venue. There are no replays at the semi final stage anymore right?

Oh, plus I want Utd in the final so we also can't take the risk of Arsenal knocking them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mormank wrote: »
    Oh, plus I want Utd in the final so we also can't take the risk of Arsenal knocking them out.

dGo3Ekj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just saw the Besiktas match is on 3e so streams might not be needed.

Who normally does the commentary on 3e (and don't say Michael fupping Owen)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

LFC fans might be in for an awful night paddy cerand works for 3e sometimes

Brian "Them Greeks have been chasing bouncing Czechs all night" Kerr I think.

Liverpool game is on ITV HD lads.

The state of 3e, don't torture yoiurselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    I didnt manage to see the game so I wont comment on Allens performance but if he did play well then fair play to him

I partly guessed some Allen apologist would feel the need to rub my nose in it and I wasnt wrong. Fair play though, you kept your resentment for my post bottled up for days so Id say the sense of self satisfaction you took to go back and find that old post of mine was quite something indeed

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

I keep an eye on the thread, and hadnt been on it since Friday. Allen hate jumped out, a bit like the Lucas hate a few years ago. Just thought I would point out that Allen played well, so you could factor that into your opinion of him. If you have a spare 90 mins or so You should watch the match and see what you think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Nice one, I'll watch it on ITV HD. Whenever I have to watch us on 3E I just turn the sound off...

J.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

LFC fans might be in for an awful night paddy cerand works for 3e sometimes

Wasn't he the guy that was on Newstalk the morning it was rumoured that Ferguson was retiring.

He had a meltdown when it was mentioned to him, saying it couldn't be true because he still has contacts at old Trafford and he would have heard.

Cue the next sports bulletin, and its confirmed Ferguson has announced he's retirement.

Wasn't he the guy that was on Newstalk the morning it was rumoured that Ferguson was retiring.

He had a meltdown when it was mentioned to him, saying it couldn't be true because he still has contacts at old Trafford and he would have heard.

Cutbth next sports bulletin, and its confirmed Ferguson has announced he's retirement.

Thats the guy.

I think he works for there in house TV channel as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Thanks, rarnes, I thought I might have to search for a radio broadcast to go with the mute on the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Brian "Them Greeks have been chasing bouncing Czechs all night" Kerr I think.

Its a pity Brian "bouncing Czechs" Kerr doesn't work for them, instead we get Townsend.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    dGo3Ekj.jpg

Ty ty. :D

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Its a pity Brian "bouncing Czechs" Kerr doesn't work for them, instead we get Townsend.

Townsend & Chiles were sacked by ITV.

No Idea who will be doing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

For anyone unaware, this is a concept conceived by Morzadec last year, and generated a lot of interest, especially before it became quite apparent that we were finishing at least 4th in the league.

You can read Morzadec's own breakdown on the theory behind the calculations and so on here and here.

For anyone too lazy to read all of that, essentially, we crudely break the league into two tiers. The Top 7, and then the remaining 13 teams.

Top Tier: Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Southampton, Liverpool.

Recently, it appears that 76 points is the sweet spot to guarantee fourth, and here is how we aim to achieve this tally.

Our aim for both of these tiers are as follows:

Top Tier:

Home: 2ppg (6x2)
    Away: 1ppg (6x1)

Total: 18 points.

Bottom Tier:

Home: 2.5ppg (13x2.5)
    Away: 2ppg (13x2)

Total: 58.5

Combined Total: 76.5 points.

Any team on target for this point tally will have a score of 0 in our new table.
    As 76.5 is an unattainable number, keep in mind that to be on course for the actual target of 76 points, a team's score will need to be -0.5.

Anyway, to the actual table:

Chelsea + 9
    City + 1.5
    Arsenal - 3
    Southampton - 4.5
    United - 5
    Spurs - 7
    Liverpool - 10.5

Doesn't look so good for us, I am afraid.

Knex. wrote: »

Recently, it appears that 76 points is the sweet spot to guarantee fourth, and here is how we aim to achieve this tally. ..................

Anyway, to the actual table:

Chelsea + 9
    City + 1.5
    Arsenal - 3
    Southampton - 4.5
    United - 5
    Spurs - 7
    Liverpool - 10.5

Doesn't look so good for us, I am afraid.

We are no doubt outsiders but before folks get their knickers in a twist because they fear we are 11 points off the pace, please do remember that for 76 points to be required for fourth.....

S'ton need 30 points from their last 13 games & Arsenal need 31 !!!

We are 4 points off 4th with 13 games to go and in great from with more than a tad left in the tank imo :D

Huge fair play to Knew for preparing those facts and figures though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

Matt Smith, with analysis from Gordon Strachan, Peter Reid and Robbie Fowler on ITV according to Zingzing tv guide

• Advertisement

..... anyway, I prefer to look at it like this.......... Liverpool since the 3 PL defeats in a row have attained 28 points from 39, extrapolate that to season's end and Liverpool finish on 70 points :)

To date I don't think Utd, S'ton, Arsenal or Spurs have underachieved so taking their season to date form and extrapulating that to season's end will have the standings as follow accepting my Liverpool expectation detailed above...........

3rd Man Utd on 71/72 points
    4th S'ton on 70 points (superior GD to L'Pool, a reasonable occurence)
    5th Liverpool on 70 points
    6th Arsenal on 68/69 points
    7th Spurs on 65/66 points

All to play for :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Townsend was on BT for the Arsenal game today

Augeo wrote: »
    ..... anyway, I prefer to look at it like this.......... Liverpool since the 3 PL defeats in a row have attained 28 points from 39, extrapolate that to season's end and Liverpool finish on 70 points :)

To date I don't think Utd, S'ton, Arsenal or Spurs have underachieved so taking their season to date form and extrapulating that to season's end will have the standings as follow accepting my Liverpool expectation detailed above...........

3rd Man Utd on 71/72 points
    4th S'ton on 70 points (superior GD to L'Pool, a reasonable occurence)
    5th Liverpool on 70 points
    6th Arsenal on 68/69 points
    7th Spurs on 65/66 points

All to play for :D

Have you got next weeks lotto numbers ;)

Townsend was on BT for the Arsenal game today

I saw that and I just hoping it was because he was an ex Middlesbrough player.

Have you got next weeks lotto numbers ;)

:)

All is not lost for Top4.

I can see where you are coming from but unlike you I am fully convinced Rodgers is the man for the job & I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this Liverpool team/squad eek out 28 points from 39 remaining :)
    Quadruple that with S'ton hopefully calving, Spurs being as they've been and Arsenal not having things as they usually do and.......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUjA-FWRnhnDx7widkKXJwQt8z1RHOzRaiyAmslNrJoWfclXapxA

Call it me seeing the glass as being 3/4s full or whatever but until we drop 10 points I'll keep hoping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Remember in UPC land that UTVIreland no longer has the ITV football rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

What's the story with Sterling and his injury? Didn't hear anything over the weekend. Will he be back for Besiktas?

gafferino wrote: »
    What's the story with Sterling and his injury? Didn't hear anything over the weekend. Will he be back for Besiktas?

His return should be imminent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'll read over that analysis/prediction posted above tomorrow sometime, but just to say i think the average points finish for 4th place over the last 4 seasons has been 72 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Remember in UPC land that UTVIreland no longer has the ITV football rights.

you'd be some idiot to end up paying UPC to watch television - a freesat box/dish makes more sense, spend the rest on a whizbang 100mb connection and watch the footie online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Meh, you are probably right, but am happy enough with current 12 month deal from UPC and will try to renegotiate another one or move to Sky on a new deal there, rinse and repeat etc.

Get home from work at 8.15pm usually, so appreciate not having to play hunt a stream whilst cooking etc. Am now setting record on the UPC box for MUFCs cup game, the CL games, Besiktas game. Can watch 'as live', skip any injury delays, stoppages, totally skip half time and be properly live mid way through second half. It works for me and I think the money is justified.
    Also am a sport billy and will watch cricket, darts, golf, pool, tennis anything going so its a good luxury purchase for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Augeo wrote: »
    We are no doubt outsiders but before folks get their knickers in a twist because they fear we are 11 points off the pace, please do remember that for 76 points to be required for fourth.....

S'ton need 30 points from their last 13 games & Arsenal need 31 !!!

We are 4 points off 4th with 13 games to go and in great from with more than a tad left in the tank imo :D

Huge fair play to Knew for preparing those facts and figures though.

Thanks for the whitewash, good job..

:pac:

LOAN WATCH

L. Alberto Málaga - Not in squad
    J. Carlos Brighton - full game in away draw
    S. Ojo Wigan Ath - no game until Tuesday
    D. Origi Lille - full game in 0-0
    T. Ilori Bordeaux - full game in 1-0 home win
    A. Wisdom West Bromwich - unused sub again
    S. Coates Sunderland - unused sub
    I. Aspas Sevilla - injured
    L. Jones Cheltenham unused sub
    C. Randall Shrewsbury - extra time sub in his last game for Shrewsbury.

Notes - its good to see Ilori is staking a solid claim as the starter for the RCB role, equally disappointing that Wisdom is being shunned by Pulis, we'll have to hope the manager can bring him back in if he shows better in training - has to be noted WBA are much better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't see Wisdom having a future at Liverpool. Has done great at West Brom.
    Luis Alberto for 7m pounds was a very poor signing. We won't be getting that back for him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

LOAN WATCH

Notes - its good to see Ilori is staking a solid claim as the starter for the RCB role, equally disappointing that Wisdom is being shunned by Pulis, we'll have to hope the manager can bring him back in if he shows better in training - has to be noted WBA are much better now.

Yeah , disappointing to see wisdom out, i thought he was the best prospect

Anyone wonder if Jovetic is worth a punt? He has been left out of the CL knockout stages
    squad with Bony favoured, and has never really got his career going at City its fair to say due to one thing or another. I imagine he'd be cheap enough in the summer if he wants out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone wonder if Jovetic is worth a punt? He has been left out of the CL knockout stages
    squad with Bony favoured, and has never really got his career going at City its fair to say due to one thing or another. I imagine he'd be cheap enough in the summer if he wants out.

Really like him myself but you would have to look at his injury record aswell as dealing with Sturridges brittleness.

I'd wager he will end up at juve on loan or on a severely cut price deal, they're brilliant in the market like that.

I could get behind this.
    Liverpool are lining up a Serie A triple swoop in the summer.

Brendan Rodgers trip to Rome has seen the Reds linked with Miralem Pjanic.

But it seems the Northern Irishman also wants Pjanic's Roma teammate Radja Nainggolan and Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao.

Both Pjanic and Diao are expected to cost in excess of £25m while Nainggolan has a £25.9m release clause.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/558308/Transfer-News-Pjanic-Wilson-Pogba-Cavani-Liverpool-Manchester-United-Chelsea

Yeah and Utd want Strootman - Roma midfield gutted if that happened so it won't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

LOAN WATCH

Positive - another clean sheet for Ilori.
    Negative - another no score for Origi.
    Paying extra to get Origi in would have been insane. Might function much better in a team that attacks more but would have been ridiculous paying extra for a player we'd already signed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement