Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yeah and Utd want Strootman - Roma midfield gutted if that happened so it won't!

Strootmans injured again afaik.

So who will uncle Roy draw out of the bag for us tomorrow? Nice handy day in the muckfest at Bradford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pjanic would be an amazing signing, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Strootmans injured again afaik.

So who will uncle Roy draw out of the bag for us tomorrow? Nice handy day in the muckfest at Bradford?

I was wishing yesterday that Arsenal or Utd would be drawn away to Bradford but thinking about it, the pitch surface probably wouldn't affect utd at all with the style of football they play.

For anyone with no itv, you can watch itv online legally afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rarnes1 wrote: »
    For anyone with no itv, you can watch itv online legally afaik.

Yep http://www.filmon.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Fantasy football signings, i'd say. Can't see us spending that much money, unless we are going to sell a good few players:(
    Yeah and Utd want Strootman - Roma midfield gutted if that happened so it won't!
    Well, we have to go in early and leve them the problem of trying to buy a player the club don't want to sell. Cue meltdown in MU superthread;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Fantasy football signings, i'd say. Can't see us spending that much money, unless we are going to sell a good few players:(

Like Aspas, Coates, Borini, Lambert and Alberto?
    plus whatever we got for Assaidi and Suso?

I think we'll have money to spend. Net spend in the last 2 windows was about £30M...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Like Aspas, Coates, Borini, Lambert and Alberto?
    plus whatever we got for Assaidi and Suso?

I think we'll have money to spend. Net spend in the last 2 windows was about £30M...
    Just on those first 5, well 4 as Lambert will be staying i think, how much do you think we will get for them?

£5m for Aspas
    0 for Coates
    £10m for Borini
    £3m Alberto.

£20m tops, i reckon. And still not enough to buy even one of those players mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just on those first 5, well 4 as Lambert will be staying i think, how much do you think we will get for them?

£5m for Aspas
    0 for Coates
    £10m for Borini
    £3m Alberto.

£20m tops, i reckon. And still not enough to buy even one of those players mentioned.

Yeah but we will have some annual revenue to spend and, by my back of the envelope calculations, I thought we still took in more last window (summer) than we spent when you take CL revenues into it although I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was wishing yesterday that Arsenal or Utd would be drawn away to Bradford but thinking about it, the pitch surface probably wouldn't affect utd at all with the style of football they play.

As an Arsenal fan I'd be delighted to get Bradford. We played so badly up there 2 years ago, that I'd like the team to put on a proper performance up there. Much rather that than go to Anfield or Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't see Wisdom having a future at Liverpool. Has done great at West Brom.
    Luis Alberto for 7m pounds was a very poor signing. We won't be getting that back for him anyway.

You agree Wisdom has done great on loan as a regular starter with a mid table premiership at the tender age of 21 yet don't see a future for him at Liverpool? I'd have to strongly disagree with that. Coates is gone. Toure hasn't long left at the club. Can will likely be used as a midfield player in the long term.

I would say Wisdom is most definitely in Rodgers' plans.

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah but we will have some annual revenue to spend and, by my back of the envelope calculations, I thought we still took in more last window (summer) than we spent when you take CL revenues into it although I could be wrong.
    There will be a big chunk of revenue going each year for the next 12 or so years going to repay the stadium too, was it £20m a year or so?

There is a lot of speculation going on about Pjanic but until i see him leaning against something, i'm not going to get my hopes up.

And then there's the whole buying from Italy thing. Rush is the only one that has worked and every other one has left a sour taste in my mouth with the amount of fees and wages lost for zero return on the millions spent:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Defiantly think we will have wonga to spend this summer. Also we need a new marque signing to replace Stevie. If the owners don't give the club cash to spend in the summer I can see things getting ugly. The majority of fans will not be happy

gafferino wrote: »

That's another option alright.

I was thinking of the unblocking extensions. Not sure of the legality of them so won't post

ricero wrote: »
    Defiantly think we will have wonga to spend this summer. Also we need a new marque signing to replace Stevie. If the owners don't give the club cash to spend in the summer I can see things getting ugly. The majority of fans will not be happy

It depends on if we get CL place though.

Qualify again and we'll have a substantial amount to spend. If we don't it'll naturally be a good bit lower

Hola unblock is the extension. Its a revelation!

£5m for Aspas
    0 for Coates
    £10m for Borini
    £3m Alberto.

Yes, but on top of the small spending in summer and a profit in Jan, we should be capable of adding quite a bit to that.
    We clearly need to replace Stevie (big wage save) and support Sturridge up front, even with Origi coming in.

But equally, assuming that Moreno, Marko and Can continue as they are, and improve as young players tend to, we don't need 5 or 6 big players, just 2/3 is enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The targets next summer are exactly the same as last summer really. Still need a good number two keeper, still need another top central midfielder, still need another top striker unless Mario Balotteli really does convince us all between now and May

............still need another top striker unless Mario Balotteli really does convince us all between now and May

I reckon up front will be worst case scenario, Sturridge, Balo', Origi and Lambert. Sterling to step up when/if Sturridge is out.

Can't see a striker of Sturridge's ability being bought but if Borini is shipped out another striker will come in.

I think Balotelli will stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Augeo wrote: »

I think Balotelli will stay.

I think the club would like to keep him as backup but he isn't going to want to stay and be on the bench/out of the squad every week. Despite what he and his agent have said in the past, he'll agitate for a move .

If he's still there at the end of the summer transfer window I'd be amazed.

• Advertisement

Well offended I'm not up for the poster of the year award. Sure didn't they see how many posters want a bit of Knexy action with that Valentines App?

Jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Najogiallan or whatever his name is, is probably a good player but his haircut seriously puts me off him!!

If Villa go down then i think Benteke would be a good option is Mario is moving on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Knex. wrote: »
    Well offended I'm not up for the poster of the year award. Sure didn't they see how many posters want a bit of Knexy action with that Valentines App?

Jokers.

Yeah, and Mr. Unpopular (i.e. me!) got nominated. How does that make you feel huh? :pac:

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, and Mr. Unpopular (i.e. me!) got nominated. How does that make you feel huh? :pac:

Think you're a very valid nomination myself, being honest. Don't always agree with what you're saying, but your posts have substance and add to the discussions in the relevant thread.

I wouldn't exactly be renowned for always posting with that same 'substance' :pac:

Congrats, Sir!

slingerz wrote: »
    Najogiallan or whatever his name is, is probably a good player but his haircut seriously puts me off him!!

If Villa go down then i think Benteke would be a good option is Mario is moving on
    Benteke is looking quite poor so far on his comeback, but in fairness to him, he doesn't get much support from midfield or from the wide forwards either.

Maybe Sherwood will help that along a bit.

Jokers.
    Who are you again:confused:

:pac:

Who are you again:confused:

:pac:

Says the rereg :p

Think you're a very valid nomination myself, being honest. Don't always agree with what you're saying, but your posts have substance and add to the discussions in the relevant thread.

Bleedin' lick..... :D

Bleedin' lick..... :D

No, dickerty.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Having done extensive research on transfers success and failures my conclusions are buy more Germans and less Italians hope this helps..

Groucho-Marx-Duck-Soup-189432.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Think you're a very valid nomination myself, being honest. Don't always agree with what you're saying, but your posts have substance and add to the discussions delusions in the relevant thread.

fyp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Still need a good number two keeper

In reality the only calibre worth bringing in would be one that can be number 1 ahead of Mignolet. I don't think we should settle for an upgrade to Jones on the bench. Regardless of how good Mignolet has been the last 6 weeks or so, I'd hope whoever comes in will be an instant candidate for the number 1 spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

8-10 wrote: »
    In reality the only calibre worth bringing in would be one that can be number 1 ahead of Mignolet. I don't think we should settle for an upgrade to Jones on the bench. Regardless of how good Mignolet has been the last 6 weeks or so, I'd hope whoever comes in will be an instant candidate for the number 1 spot.

Apart from Chelsea and City though how many PL teams have a backup keeper that is a credible threat to the no1 keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

x43r0 wrote: »
    Apart from Chelsea and City though how many PL teams have a backup keeper that is a credible threat to the no1 keeper?

Stoke for 1, Butland is an England international and still young, expect him to challenge. Michel Vorm at Spurs also comes to mind, Lloris is just so good but Vorm is an excellent keeper.

Alex McCarthy has surprised me at not getting more games for QPR and Arsenal are another team who have good depth there. Sunderland would be my last shout, Mannone is a good backup at their level.

I take your point of course, but I would prefer to have the 1-2 that these teams have than what we have now. And I personally think that's best achieved by having a number 1 + Mignolet next year

• Advertisement

Says the rereg :p
    Damn.

Rarnes19 closes account:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

So markovic is suspended for at least one game over the Basel red card I read today, the hearing for his suspension is Thursday so Ibe will no doubt start rwb. Think we should go all out on Thursday and try get the job done.

mig
    ---Can-skrtel-sakho
    Ibe-hendo-Allen-Moreno
    sterling--lallana
    sturridge

Think coutinho has played a lot lately, think a rest is warranted with lallana having done well the last few games he came on in.

If sterling isint fit perhaps lallana could play off a front two of Balo and sturridge then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

klose wrote: »
    So markovic is suspended for at least one game over the Basel red card I read today, the hearing for his suspension is Thursday so Ibe will no doubt start rwb. Think we should go all out on Thursday and try get the job done.

mig
    ---Can-skrtel-sakho
    Ibe-hendo-Allen-Moreno
    sterling--lallana
    sturridge

Think coutinho has played a lot lately, think a rest is warranted with lallana having done well the last few games he came on in.

If sterling isint fit perhaps lallana could play off a front two of Balo and sturridge then?

Agree that Lallana should start.

I think I'd nearly prefer to see Sterling and Sturridge benched and brought on if needed. The Southampton game should take priority imo. For the next few weeks, Rodgers has a tough task getting the balance of keeping a strong starting 11 and not burning out/injuring players.

klose wrote: »
    So markovic is suspended for at least one game over the Basel red card I read today, the hearing for his suspension is Thursday so Ibe will no doubt start rwb.

Is Ibe registered in the squad? I would have thought we'd have kept the same squad before?

You can update squads after the knockout stages - Ibe is on the B list

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2015/clubs/club=7889/index.html

4 games? That's ****ing stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is Ibe registered in the squad? I would have thought we'd have kept the same squad before?

I think Ibe needs to sit it out as he wasn't in the registered squad, unless Rodgers had some AMAZING foresight, or it resets for the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I thought under 21 players don't have to be registered for European games.

Reckon Johnson will get a start along with Lovren tbh. Reckon Balo will get an outing also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd bring kolo, loveren and Borini into the team to face the turks.

Much bigger game against Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

4 Games?!!

Thats a joke.

Lazar Markovic will discover the length of his European ban when UEFA’s disciplinary committee meet on Thursday.

The £20million Serbian winger has yet to be informed of his punishment following his dismissal in December’s final Champions League group clash with Basel at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/markovic-discover-fate-uefa-thursday-8654561#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd bring kolo, loveren and Borini into the team to face the turks.

Much bigger game against Southampton.

ya sounds good really

Kolo-Skrtel-Lovren
    Johnson
    Moreno
    Henderson--Allen----
    Lallana---Borini----
    Balotelli

I could live with that, but not sure he'll change 2 of the 3 CBs for an away game like this.
    Maybe Lovren in for Can just?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement