Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We were average in the Bernebau and comfortably beaten. Annoys me that it would be considered a good performance.

We also thumped Spurs at White hart lane without Gerrard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The first of many.

https://vine.co/v/OwYiWTqQV6u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a spectacular meltdown :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Christ, that was nearly IDENTICAL to Lallana's second goal the last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We were average in the Bernebau and comfortably beaten. Annoys me that it would be considered a good performance.

True. The Spurs game and the Swansea game have been our two best performances. Then I'd say Leicester away followed by Bournemouth in the cup. The draw with Arsenal was a good performance. I'm scratching around really after that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Amidst the replies to my previous comments I'd like to apologise. I arrived to the party with booze for us all, however I arrived too late. Not good enough by my standards.

Ringing my ITK as I type this to give him/her an earful and question why he/she was so late in giving me the news re: Gerrard.

I'll keep ye posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Amidst the replies to my previous comments I'd like to apologise. I arrived to the party with booze for us all, however I arrived too late. Not good enough by my standards.

Ringing my ITK as I type this to give him an earful and question why he/she was so late in giving me the news re: Gerrard.

I'll keep ye posted.

So its a male:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I wonder will Robbie give up the captaincy of the Galaxy and hand it Gerrard.

Wonder whether he will be playing the advanced role or the role that Rodgers has him playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Energy isn't Gerrard's problem, its his tactical awareness and game intelligence. Its sacrosanct at this stage, but playing him DM is just asking for trouble. Someone needs to put together a compiliation of guys running off his shoulder in danger areas as he stands still ball watching.

The guy is a legend (as always needs to be clarified before being any way critical it seems). We did the same with Carra, he played probably 18 months beyond his sell by date on the back of his legend tag.

Its Liverpool FC not Steven Gerrard FC. Even during games its constant talk of being saved by Gerrard, how many times has he pulled it out of the fire etc.... its not 2005-2009 anymore.

Two of our best performances this season came at the Bernebau and also against Swansea at Anfield this week. Both games, other players stepped up to the plate in midfield. Runners were tracked from midfield and the defence was afforded adequate protection

Sadly, I agree with this post.

Stevies legs have gone. I've said it before, he looks like he's running in treacle and a season or 2 in the MLS is probably the best he can hope for at this stage of his career.

I remember him, not as the slow midfielder of this season, but as the powerhouse who dragged performances from the team by sheer willpower alone over many, many seasons.

Farewell, sweet prince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ringing my ITK as I type this to give him an earful and question why he/she was so late in giving me the news re: Gerrard.

I'll keep ye posted.

Sounds like your ITK is Moley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'll keep ye posted.

Oh please do hurry, the suspense is killing me and I really need some sleep before I head off to Bora Bora on my private jet in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sounds like your ITK is Moley.

Sounds like the rest of these fellas, Useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The great Arrigo Sacchi probably sums up Gerrards well
    When I was director of football at Real Madrid I had to evaluate the players coming through the youth ranks. We had some who were very good footballers. They had technique, they had athleticism, they had drive they were hungry. But they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play-football. They lacked decision making. They lacked positioning. They didn’t have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many I wasn’t sure they were going to learn. You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself. They help you reach your goal, which is putting your talent at the service of the team and, by doing this, making both of you and the team greater. In situations like that, I just have to say, Gerrard is a great footballer, but perhaps not a great player.”

Gerrard is a comic strip footballer, often thrilling and always fighting his way to victory at his peak but a great footballer he was not and that's why his decline has been as bumpy as it is. Someone who couldn't be turned into a more subtle and evolved midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would really have liked Gerrard to retire & start coaching at Liverpool. I think a move to Serie A would have been good for him.
    Some of the abuse on here & elsewhere was ott & the same happened with Carragher too. Such a shame we didn't win the league he really did deserve a league title. The ultimate big game player too & he scored in 4 cup finals for us.

I see a lot of chatter from rival supporters saying how they'll always remember Gerrard for the slip, but I'm sure this is how we'll all remember him:

The defining moment of his career, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Fickle bunch,some in here..... there were days when Gerrard carried the team and dragged them over the line to get results. That's the difference between an average player and a very good player....hamann could do it too was he just ok also???

We lack this nowadays and prob will for the next few years too.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would really have liked Gerrard to retire & start coaching at Liverpool. I think a move to Serie A would have been good for him.
    Some of the abuse on here & elsewhere was ott & the same happened with Carragher too. Such a shame we didn't win the league he really did deserve a league title. The ultimate big game player too & he scored in 4 cup finals for us.

He also got an assist and won a peno in the most important final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

1st peno today never a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Someone needs to put together a compiliation of guys running off his shoulder in danger areas as he stands still ball watching.

I'll get right on it.

cat-staring-at-wall.jpg

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »
    1st peno today never a peno

What are you on about?! It was a blatant faceball! Stonewall penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

martyos121 wrote: »
    What are you on about?! It was a blatant faceball! Stonewall penalty.

Morgan shouldn't be allowed play football with a head that big. It's like having four hands.

Defo peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Gerrard does in fact leave then it frees up what, £120k per week or so of wages? I want to see all of that offered to a top class defensive minded midfielder. The silver lining here is that there will no longer be a need to accommodate Gerrard in the starting line up. Ideally I want to see a midfield of Henderson in an advanced role with Can box to box and said top defensive mid sitting slightly deeper, much like the trio of Gerrrard, Alonso and Hamann/Mascherano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The Olympiakos goal was huge but there was some many "huge moments" during that run, and even game. Gerrard goal and run in the final were both up there as well. But for me this is probably my favourite Gerrard moment. I remember thinking we wouldn't score and it was the dying minutes of the game and he pulls out an absolute belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

The Olympiakos goal was huge but there was some many "huge moments" during that run, and even game. Gerrard goal and run in the final were both up there as well. But for me this is probably my favourite Gerrard moment. I remember thinking we wouldn't score and it was the dying minutes of the game and he pulls out an absolute belter.

Loved that goal...an addition of 4 min....Gerrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaad. He was unstoppable then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just gutted - I switch off the internet for a few hours and come back to this.... ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Gerrard news all happened very quickly today. Nothing about it pre match and by the early evening it seemed virtually a done deal he was leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

'The screamer'....... (nuff said).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Gerrard news all happened very quickly today. Nothing about it pre match and by the early evening it seemed virtually a done deal he was leaving.

Probably all done on American time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just gutted - I switch off the internet for a few hours and come back to this.... ;(

Were you and P Doughboy close?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Last season I thought so, but this season it seems that it was nothing to do with him & he was riding the coat tails of two players in truly world class form.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nope, in my view last season was in spite of Rodgers.

Dude, I can't believe this is actually your considered opinion. It's ludicrous!

Look at all the other aspects of our play last year - the belief, the simultaneous organized pressing, the continual movement of our players both to open space, and to provide 2 options. Those things came from training. Look at the development over those two seasons - you can see those attributes in particular get implemented and improved upon consistently.

Poor record in the first half season as tactics were tried and dropped, a good 2+ ppg in the second half of the season. A good +2ppg in the first half of the next season with improvements on each of the above attributes (and plenty more besides). Then a second half in which everything climaxed in near perfection.

Look at our games last year - you almost never see a team as cohesive a unit as we were. That doesn't happen without training. The intelligent quick incisive play involving the whole team. It wasn't just two guys who happened to find themselves in front of goal by fluke, the team worked their balls off to make those chances happen, and it was all done intelligently.

What annoyed me more than the results this year was that the spirit and tenacity seemed to have dropped from the team as a hangover from the disappointment of last year.

Rodgers has had his flaws, and plenty of them, but to say his management had no impact on last season is just beyond silly. We had a perfect combination of two great in-form strikers, and a manager who set up the team to best take advantage of them.

• Advertisement

Cant believe we lost wiziwig, Stevie G and P. Dougbouy all in the one day.

its like the total opposite of dublin bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

As far as Gerrard goes, I'm gutted he's leaving to be honest, but glad they're finally putting the issue to bed. Ideally, he'd have stayed and been a bit-part player like Lampard is, but he wants to play more, and I can respect that.

It's bad for the club - we now have no iconic player, no talisman for the team, noone at the club that's known worldwide who players will want to play beside. The closest is still a child.

I am however glad that at least it looks like he's coming to LA so I can continue seeing him play in the flesh for another few years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    As far as Gerrard goes, I'm gutted he's leaving to be honest, but glad they're finally putting the issue to bed. Ideally, he'd have stayed and been a bit-part player like Lampard is, but he wants to play more, and I can respect that.

It's bad for the club - we now have no iconic player, no talisman for the team, noone at the club that's known worldwide who players will want to play beside. The closest is still a child.

I am however glad that at least it looks like he's coming to LA so I can continue seeing him play in the flesh for another few years :)

He could still choose New York. I'd choose New York anyway. I'd say his wife will have a say and she'd probably prefer LA.

Charlie19 wrote: »

I don't believe in coincidences

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What happened to Pillsbury??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

why is p doughboy gone? missed all the commotion from earlier

Augmerson wrote: »
    pmy.murphy wrote: »

Its probably in the post of day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roll Up Roll Up, who's the next member of the clique that will have a go?

I can't bite my tongue anymore, dunno why I post on here, so many condescending **** all in the one place, pat each others back, thank each others posts, and in the main do nothing but take the piss of our own manager, some serious fans alright, no need for united fans to come in and take the piss of us when yous all do it to yourselves.

Special mention to 'The Turd' he gets my vote as the saddest prick on this forum, beat off some stiff competition (probably literally) but hands down the biggest attention seeking saddo there is, tries so hard to get thanks it's fking pathetic. I won't bother naming other names yous know who yous are.

Hopefully Rodgers will have a long long career at Liverpool and ram it down the throats of all the fickle twats that turn on him on a whim.

It's a new year, as good a time as any to get the fck outta here, don't bother reporting this post, I'll be shutting down the account

Au Revoir Le cocksuckers.

giphy.gif

kenny-powers-1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057351807/66/#post93648378

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN2QadpN0kbSH9TeOeDkS2HZZy3w3vdlaUGLaa3KrFQlhezst1

• Advertisement

Its probably in the post of day.

Haha it is too...good call that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Finally got all the thanks and attention he craved after closing his account.

Kinda bittersweet, and foreshadowing us winning the league next season after Gerrard leaves.

Haha it is too...good call that.

I'm torn now, whether or not to go back and thank it.

I'm torn now, whether or not to go back and thank it.

Know what you mean...everyone speaks a lot of sense here at times. Just most of us can't understand each others'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hahaha jesus christ! That's bizarre. Look it's a bit **** this season but ****ing hell no need to commit hari kari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It was all very...

19dd5c552f103532e344ea63b196fd5bb10be636247c7894bd4f90e5fef5ade1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

So its a male:)

*post edited for both legal and secretive reasons.

Keep hush lads and I'll keep ye in the know :)

It's all a conspiracy lads. He didn't do it for the attention, he did it for the (excuse the pun) dough!

doughboy2.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

3971269.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He reaalllllyy doesn't like Turdyturd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement