Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

Damien360 wrote: »

Insisting on playing gerrard at the obvious expense of points shows lack of strength.

Player management is very odd. Look at Mig and balotelli, sakho. Are we to believe that it was his touch which brought about their good fortunes. Changes were forced on him and they fell correctly into place. Blind luck is how I see it.

His interviews are one dimensional. You could guess what will be said win/loose/draw, it is always the same.

One dimensional tactics. Once the opposition figure them out, we are like lost souls.

I don't believe he can bring the title.

To make it clear, I am delighted with current form but I feel it was not the manager that brought this form.

On the flip side, Gerrard has been eased out of starting 11 to an extent.

A goal and an assist constitutes a change of fortune for Balo'? Weird view.

He came very close to bringing the title last season.

If Rodgers isn't responsible for the decent run who is? Who reckoned a back 3 would work? Who thought Markovic worth a try at WB? Who decided to bring Ibe back and play him? Who decided to bring Can in. Who decided to play Sterling as the striker?

Usual story, bad run Rodgers fault, good run not to his credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

joe123 wrote: »
    Quick question: All those that wanted/want Rodgers sacked and called him every name under the sun over the first half of this season....

Do you still want him gone? Still hate him? How do you think he / the team are doing?

Thought it would be an interesting time to ask considering we have made big improvements but still need to keep improving. Just seems very quiet from a certain portion over the last while.

Again, and to try not to answer this in the silly fashion it has been asked, Rodgers has improved things to an extent therefore people will be happier.

The team was doing terribly before Xmas so people questioned his position.

So to sum up, good performances have eased the pressure on Rodgers.

If we fail to make the top four or win anything the pressure will be back on.

Silly to think fans wouldn't criticise a manager when the team was performing as poorly as it was before Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Yes I still want him out.

The improvements are welcome but overall his transfer market dealings have been odd. Transfer committee vs manager seems to be an ongoing battle to the detriment of the club. Why would you want to sign as a player not knowing if you are really wanted. We have discussed his dealings with this and it appears to many observers to be throwing the toys out of the pram to get his way.

Insisting on playing gerrard at the obvious expense of points shows lack of strength.

Player management is very odd. Look at Mig and balotelli, sakho. Are we to believe that it was his touch which brought about their good fortunes. Changes were forced on him and they fell correctly into place. Blind luck is how I see it.

His interviews are one dimensional. You could guess what will be said win/loose/draw, it is always the same.

One dimensional tactics. Once the opposition figure them out, we are like lost souls.

I don't believe he can bring the title.

To make it clear, I am delighted with current form but I feel it was not the manager that brought this form.
    That's the part I don't understand. If it's the players alone who brought about the change in fortune we currently have, then equally it should be the players who should be blamed for the previous bad form?

I don't believe it's one or the other but a combination of both that caused the bad form and the current good form.

Neither should be praised or derided in isolation, it is, after all, a team game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Augeo wrote: »

If Rodgers isn't responsible for the decent run who is? Who reckoned a back 3 would work? Who thought Markovic worth a try at WB? Who decided to bring Ibe back and play him? Who decided to bring Can in. Who decided to play Sterling as the striker?

Usual story, bad run Rodgers fault, good run not to his credit.

Injuries made sterling the striker. Ibe came back because we needed someone else as we were playing ****e. Again lack of squad depth. Can was a good signing but it took a few tries to find his best position but not his preferred position as that is occupied by Gerard and Henderson.

I have been consistent in my disdain for Rodgers and I will stick by it. He will not bring us the title. Suarez almost brought that last year.

garra wrote: »
    Have we replaced him already? I must keep up..

I think there is a peculiar kind of begrudgery about us Irish when we see one of our own doing well, he waffles a bit and we all know chancers with that gift of the gab, so maybe any progress can be put down to sheer good luck and we can sit back and wait for delicious schadenfreude when he f*cks up again. :P

In fairness any manager of a top level brought in will expect top spending and squad depth, the alternative was to bring in a less demanding, hard working younger man who could work with less expensive players.

Quick comparison of Rodgers v Van Gaal this year *
    Both spent money in summer
    Van Gaal has won 5 more points
    United have been disjointed and their best 11 and formation are known unkowns
    Rodgers is producing controlling football and finding a winning system with young summer signings and junior players (Manquillo / Ibe) while having to ease out a verifiable footballing hero
    Van Gaal has years of experience managing top players and signs Di Maria
    Rodgers signed Allen from Swansea
    Van Gaal doesn't waffle but he likes his stats

Not much between them really, imo

*Yes I know it is VG's first season in premiership, granted

Why bother with van Gall comparison ? Who cares what utd are doing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A player being injured doesn't translate into easing him out of the first 11.

Knex. wrote: »
    Got a pm from a sound aul lurker, seanynova, who had been carrying out Morzadec's table with last years' top 7 (Everton in, Southampton out)

Results of that are as follows, for anyone interested:

Thought the last line was fairly remarkable!

So what you're saying is that you f*cked up your attempt?

Rodgers has a certain smugness in interviews and it can be a bit annoying, but It really irritates my utd supporting mates so its great really, imagine what he will be like if he actually wins something.

I found a new tolerance for it when an Arsenal fan started whinging about it after the Everton game. :D

I feel like mada999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Why bother with van Gall comparison ? Who cares what utd are doing ?

Just making point that we are cutting our cloth with a less renowned manager and he is showing signs of making the most of the resources available to him. And I like that.

• Advertisement

The draw is on after the match according to info button on sky for bbc one.

Is this correct?

garra wrote: »
    Just making point that we are cutting our cloth with a less renowned manager and he is showing signs of making the most of the resources available to him. And I like that.

He had £100million. Not exactly making the most of resources available. That is a sizeable pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Injuries made sterling the striker. Ibe came back because we needed someone else as we were playing ****e. Again lack of squad depth. Can was a good signing but it took a few tries to find his best position but not his preferred position as that is occupied by Gerard and Henderson.

I have been consistent in my disdain for Rodgers and I will stick by it. He will not bring us the title. Suarez almost brought that last year.

In your opinion, What gettable manager would be capable of winning us the title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rodgers brought us as close as we have ever come to a premier league title, i think you are not giving him enough credit there saying it was just suarez.

In your opinion, What gettable manager would be capable of winning us the title?

In all honesty, I do not know. Available good managers are always hard to find. Have to start the search a lot further out than end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a baffling post :confused:

Sterling was played as a striker with 3 other strikers available, the only striker injured was sturridge.

We were playing fine until Ibe came back, and we had a number of options to play at RW if we wanted.

There is plenty of depth in the squad barring upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The draw is on after the match according to info button on sky for bbc one.

Is this correct?

The draw's starting within the next few minutes.

The draw's starting within the next few minutes.

Cool, cheers

klose wrote: »
    Rodgers brought us as close as we have ever come to a premier league title, i think you are not giving him enough credit there saying it was just suarez.

6 months ago, I might have agreed with you up to a point but I think Suarez was 70% of our success (plucked out of thin air) but this season without a talisman has shown up his shortcomings.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    What a baffling post :confused:

Sterling was played as a striker with 3 other strikers available, the only striker injured

Ah now. 3 strikers who could'nt score in a brothel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

In all honesty, I do not know. Available good managers are always hard to find. Have to start the search a lot further out than end of season.

I think we would be mad to get rid of him considering his replacement only has a very slim chance of improving us, unless he or she (lol) is given a massive amount of money.

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Personally I think trying to make a case for Rodgers is pointless - people either buy into a manager or they don't.

Liverpool play Blackburn Rvs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Good man Roy

Nice draw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good man Roy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Good Draw. At home. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

One of the few things he did well for us!

Nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What a draw for us

• Advertisement

Utd v Arsenal :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Man U v Ars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Preston or United vs Arsenal. Great draw for us. If we beat Blackburn, there's only one other big team left in the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

that will do blackburn at home

That could hardly have went better��

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd v Arsenal :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Arsenal praying for a Preston win since they can't beat United.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Home to Blackburn, couldn't ask for better than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Good man Roy.

That must be a first.

Edit. 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dream draw Tbf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

s8n wrote: »
    Just like last year was "you're year" ?

Nothing is ever "you are year"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ah now. 3 strikers who could'nt score in a brothel.

You said injured thus proving Rodgers got it right by using Sterling as a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Let manure and pedophile fc take each other apart.
    no need for that tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Have to be happy with that draw, especially the home draw. Delighted Man U got Arsenal. Exactly what I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Delighted with that draw. Blackburn at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Have a ticket can't go, going to the Burnley game the midweek before :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

monkey9 wrote: »
    Have to be happy with that draw, especially the home draw. Delighted Man U got Arsenal. Exactly what I wanted.

They have to get past PNE 1st :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

noodler wrote: »
    Again, and to try not to answer this in the silly fashion it has been asked, Rodgers has improved things to an extent therefore people will be happier.

The team was doing terribly before Xmas so people questioned his position.

So to sum up, good performances have eased the pressure on Rodgers.

If we fail to make the top four or win anything the pressure will be back on.

Silly to think fans wouldn't criticise a manager when the team was performing as poorly as it was before Xmas.

The Bolded bit - sums up what I hate about some of the smugness you get on here.

Anyways, moving on from that, I wasn't referring to Rodgers getting criticism, I was referring to the out and out people wanting Rodgers gone for one reason or another.

You should take a few pointers from Damien on how to reply to a thread/question in a constructive manner. A bit of discussion for the forum for you know discussion sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I've wanted Rodgers gone longer than most on here i but I'll accept he has done really well over the past two months. There is plenty left to play for this season and that's all we can ask for as fans. Id still replace him but credit where it's due, the boy has shown character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

If Carlsberg did FA Cup draws.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement