Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else think that the EL will tire Spurs out more than us, could be vital for 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

If Carlsberg did FA Cup draws.......

Roy Hodgson wouldn't be involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the EL will tire Spurs out more than us, could be vital for 4th

Im sure there is a valid reason for your point Vic that im not seeing so please enlighten me? Travel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Vicxas wrote: »

From whats being reported, Spurs are the fittest team ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that you f*cked up your attempt?

Far from it, ya clown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Hope that Blackburn game is a late kickoff. One of the lads is a Blackburn fan, haven't had pints and slagging during one since Robbie Blake dicked us years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im sure there is a valid reason for your point Vic that im not seeing so please enlighten me? Travel?

Im just thinking a combination of their desperation to stay in the EL and a smaller squad i terms of quality could leave them open to mistakes in the PL.

With our larger squad i think we'd handle the run in better than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

noodler wrote: »
    Again, and to try not to answer this in the silly fashion it has been asked, Rodgers has improved things to an extent therefore people will be happier.

The team was doing terribly before Xmas so people questioned his position.

So to sum up, good performances have eased the pressure on Rodgers.

If we fail to make the top four or win anything the pressure will be back on.

Silly to think fans wouldn't criticise a manager when the team was performing as poorly as it was before Xmas.

Some of the criticism, however, started very early and was way off the mark on a lot of counts.
    The positivies in the past are always forgotten with Rodgers as soon as we hit a bit of bother but the negatives are never forgotten when he turns it around.
    I think that the issue some people have.
    There's nothing wrong with criticism, so long as it constructive and not just 'I hate Rodgers and I won't listen.'
    And I don't think anyone refused to criticise the team before Xmas, or question or have reservations.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Injuries made sterling the striker. Ibe came back because we needed someone else as we were playing ****e. Again lack of squad depth. Can was a good signing but it took a few tries to find his best position but not his preferred position as that is occupied by Gerard and Henderson.

I have been consistent in my disdain for Rodgers and I will stick by it. He will not bring us the title. Suarez almost brought that last year.

As has been pointed out, injuries did not make Sterling the striker, you have since claimed it was because the other 3 available strikers couldn't score in a brothel, this isn't multiple choice, make your point and stand over it, incessant waffling to get out of a hole doesn't cut it.

Ibe made his first PL start for us this season against Everton, that was 9 days ago, I think you'll find your playing ****e point is factually incorrect as we were on a great run prior to him being recalled. Again, he was recalled by Rodgers, he didn't decide to come back as you out it.

"Can was a good signing but it took a few tries to find his best position but not his preferred position"

So Rodgers gets no credit for finding Can's best position even though it's not his preferred position? Also I think the past 2 months or so has seen Lucas and not Gerrard in the position of CM along with Henderson :)

You mention your consistent "disdain for Rodgers", I believe it's clear that this is clouding your judgement. From your post it seems you aren't overly familiar with goings on at Anfield / on field events, you have some baffling views.
    A player being injured doesn't translate into easing him out of the first 11.

I'm sure he was on the bench frequently prior to his most recent injury. He's been told he won't feature in every game going forward, he's off as a result, eased out imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

djPSB wrote: »
    You'd swear we were in a high and mighty place before Rodgers took over. We weren't, we were sh1t, no where near top 4 with a team that featured the likes of Spearing, Carroll, Adam etc. featuring reguarly.

We are now in a far better place with fck all spent when you consider outgoings and a strict wage budget when compared to rivals. We lost our best player and our second best player was crocked, that's 50 league goals gone straight away. Admittedly, Suarez should have been replaced in a better way.

Rodgers has his flaws but so do the likes of LVG, Wenger, Pocchetio, Pellegrini. All of them managers have wasted money on players.

All I know is the club are in a far better place right now than the day Rodgers walked in the door.

I think some think a gaggle of spider monkey's could make a better fist of things then Rodgers. That success is somehow inevitable because we are the mighty Liverpool. Here's the rub tho if the credit for our turn around doesn't lie with Rodgers then it clearly lies with our much maligned signings (Rodgers or Commitee). So which is it lads ? are our players better then they've been given credit for or is Rodgers ??

• Advertisement

..... So which is it lads ? are our players better then they've been given credit for or is Rodgers ??

To be fair the team overachieved last season, even allowing for Suarez' and Sturridge's brilliance.

I'm not at all sure where that over achievement came from but the man at the helm at some significant input no doubt.

Similarly he is someway responsible for the underachievement in the poor run of 10 games earlier in the season, which I feel will be seen longterm as merely a blip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Are there really people that still want Rodgers out?

Even if we don't make top 4 this season I can't see him being sacked. Still has a lot of credit in the bank and the football for the most part has been consistently great to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

John Welsh post_thanks.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Augeo wrote: »
    As has been pointed out, injuries did not make Sterling the striker, you have since claimed it was because the other 3 available strikers couldn't score in a brothel, this isn't multiple choice, make your point and stand over it, incessant waffling to get out of a hole doesn't cut it.

This is the biggest problem with this thread. You. Constantly unable to debate anything without getting down to mud slinging. God forbid anyone has an opinion and chooses to express it, and that opinion differs from yours. Your inability to attack a post and revert to attacking the poster. There are a few consistent posters who do not run with the Rodgers is great narrative and you are always first to arrive and attack, just to bring the whole thread down. A question was asked, I answered as constructively as time allowed, the OP debated back and so it rolled forward.

I am long tired of your posts and could'nt be arsed debating with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Hope that Blackburn game is a late kickoff. One of the lads is a Blackburn fan, haven't had pints and slagging during one since Robbie Blake dicked us years ago.

One of the few left from the mid nineties there all supporting chelsea now I suppose

....... A question was asked, I answered as constructively as time allowed, the OP debated back and so it rolled forward.

lol, you posted unfactual sh*te and were called on it, you than came out with the line that the 3 uninjured strikers who were available couldn't score in a brothel which was completely at odds with your earlier comment that claimed Sterling was played up front due to injuries.

If you call that posting as constructively as time allowed that is hardly my problem :)

I think any neutral observers can see that posting complete sh1te is hardly constructive to a debate, nor is throwing the toys put of the pram when called on it.

your Sterling comment - factually incorrect
    your Ibe comment - factually incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

lol, you posted unfactual sh*te and were called on it, you than came out with the line that the 3 uninjured strikers who were available couldn't score in a brothel which was completely at odds with your earlier comment that claimed Sterling was played up front due to injuries.

If you call that posting as constructively as time allowed that is hardly my problem :)

I think any neutral observers can see that posting complete sh1te is hardly constructive to a debate, nor is throwing the toys put of the pram when called on it.

Gosh Augeo, you need to relax a bit.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Gosh Augeo, you need to relax a bit.

I'm fully relaxed, that was in response to
    This is the biggest problem with this thread. You. .........

......... that came from a chap who posted unfactual sh*te and was called on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

The match tonight was terrible and was tempted to turn it off, things just got interesting though!

Lloyd Jones returns to Liverpool after his loan spell.http://www.football365.com/league-two/9717735/Jones-back-with-Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm fully relaxed, that was in response to

......... that came from a chap who posted unfactual sh*te and was called on it :D

You've be called on unfactual sh*te plenty of times. :)

You've be called on unfactual sh*te plenty of times. :)

Haven't we all ;)
    Quote two instances please.
    A player being injured doesn't translate into easing him out of the first 11.

I'm sure he was on the bench frequently prior to his most recent injury. He's been told he won't feature in every game going forward, he's off as a result, eased out imo.

Also there's a difference to not agreeing with someone and them coming out with unfactual sh*te.

I don't come out with the likes of this in response though......

"This is the biggest problem with this thread. You. ...............

I am long tired of your posts and could'nt be arsed debating with you."

That offside rule is f**king ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    That offside rule is f**king ridiculous.

It's grand....more games Utd have to play the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They are as good as into the semis now...I'd fancy our chances against them once we get past Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They are as good as into the semis now...I'd fancy our chances against them once we get past Blackburn.

I couldnt handle a final against them. I'd have to go into hiding.

Yup it looks like PNE have fallen victim to the Dowd Syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

niallo27 wrote: »
    I couldnt handle a final against them. I'd have to go into hiding.

Been waiting since 1996 for one. This would be a good time.

mosstin wrote: »
    Been waiting since 1996 for one. This would be a good time.

The 2003 league cup final wasn't bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The 2003 league cup final wasn't bad.

Nothing like it. This is the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

John Welsh post_thanks.gif

Next Stevie G 'innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

This is the biggest problem with this thread. You. Constantly unable to debate anything without getting down to mud slinging. God forbid anyone has an opinion and chooses to express it, and that opinion differs from yours. Your inability to attack a post and revert to attacking the poster. There are a few consistent posters who do not run with the Rodgers is great narrative and you are always first to arrive and attack, just to bring the whole thread down. A question was asked, I answered as constructively as time allowed, the OP debated back and so it rolled forward.

Ladies get a room!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hoping its Sunday for the Blackburn game. Gonna try and get over for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mirror saying Rodgers was in Italy last week sounding out Roma for Pjanic. Roma want £37M for him while Liverpool want to pay £20M (slight difference in valuations).

Also registered his interest in Nainggolan and Ljajic but Pjanic is the number one target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mirror saying Rodgers was in Italy last week sounding out Roma for Pjanic. Roma want £37M for him while Liverpool want to pay £20M (slight difference in valuations).

Also registered his interest in Nainggolan and Ljajic but Pjanic is the number one target.

£17m difference ya sounds like our committee alrite. They would probably take about £30m so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

rob316 wrote: »
    £17m difference ya sounds like our committee alrite. They would probably take about £30m so.

Well pay 32 and loan him back to them for a season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Boirini could make up the difference, wishful thinking I guess but possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Every team in Europe will be playing hardball with English teams when it comes to tranfers now after the £5b Sky & BT put into the PL.

Players will all want huge wages as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Boirini could make up the difference, wishful thinking I guess but possible.

Thats if he doesnt throw a strop and handcuff himself to the gates of Anfield so he doesnt have to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

joe123 wrote: »
    Quick question: All those that wanted/want Rodgers sacked and called him every name under the sun over the first half of this season....

Do you still want him gone? Still hate him? How do you think he / the team are doing?

Thought it would be an interesting time to ask considering we have made big improvements but still need to keep improving. Just seems very quiet from a certain portion over the last while.

Around the time of the United game I thought it would probably be for the best if we got rid of Rodgers. At that point I had honestly thought that he had lost the dressing room and was unable to motivate the players anymore and when that happens sometimes you just need a change, but fair play to him as he seems to have gotten the players believing they can win every game again, great to see them grinding out wins lately when we have been behind and even the performances against Chelsea were encouraging despite losing.

Some of the problems still exist though, mainly the transfers. While most of the signings look less sh*t now than they did three months ago, Can is really the only one you can call a major success so far. Granted the likes of Markovic, Moreno and Manquillo will probably only get better, but can't call them good signings so far. Lallana has been good too to be fair, but don't think he will ever be a £25m player unfortunately. Balotelli has been an obvious disappointment but hopefully that goal last week will give him confidence, Lovren has been a disaster but we will allow for one total flop.

Rodgers is such a young manager that he is clearly learning on the job (as I'm sure every manager does at his age), earlier in the season I didn't think he would be able to get the players back on his side but it's looking much better now thankfully. I was actually in favour of him dropping Mignolet a few months ago and it looks like it has worked, he is playing much better now after being dropped for a few games, also Rodgers deserves credit for some brave moves such as going three at the back, playing Can at CB, dropping Gerrard, playing Markovic/Ibe as wing backs and playing with no striker on the pitch at times. Tactically I really like Rodgers, but I think there are still question marks over his man management and his transfers.

Overall I'm very glad he didn't get the sack, the team is looking much better now and there seems to be a bit of momentum on our side for the first time since last season.

I don't get why so many posters see it as two camps - one who wants Rodgers in and one who wants him out. This is a football forum and people should surely be encouraged to share their opinions, I see absolutely no point in people taking a dislike to other posters because of an opinion on whether the manager should stay or go, when debated correctly it makes for much more interesting reading than posts about Pandas and Henderson running from his knees etc.

• Advertisement

Lads when will they confirm the Blackburn game? I just bought flights there for Saturday thinking it was confirmed, dope :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

rob316 wrote: »
    Lads when will they confirm the Blackburn game? I just bought flights there for Saturday thinking it was confirmed, dope :o

Tomorrow i'd say. Deffo this week.

I'm thinking the game will be on the Sunday

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Tomorrow i'd say. Deffo this week.

I'm thinking the game will be on the Sunday

I'll have to stay the weekend so if its on a sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dream draw. Couldn't have drawn it up better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Every team in Europe will be playing hardball with English teams when it comes to tranfers now after the £5b Sky & BT put into the PL.

Players will all want huge wages as well.

That money doesn't kick in until the end of next season afaik.

gafferino wrote: »
    That money doesn't kick in until the end of next season afaik.

It won't really matter to agents when it kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

That guy on twitter that used to work for FSG said Rodgers went to Italy to check out pitches for when we relay Anfield in the Summer which sounds a lot more believable.

I'm sure we could discuss Pjanic with Roma over the telephone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Right now things are going really, really great. However, we still have lots of winning to do to save the season. If it ends up saved he'll deserve the credit. If not, he'll deserve the blame. I think he struggled terribly between May and December and he'll own ALL of the 12 months when it comes down to a season review in May.

Keep winning and they can't get ya, simple game.
    Never thought I'd see the day you celebrated the nomination trophy Lloyd , what is this, the Arsenal thread ? And don't give me the whole "but Arsenal and Chelsea have more mods" whine, you're a huge poster with a storied history you should be winning honours every year. No excuses. :rolleyes:

Ha, brilliant!! Well played.

Doesn't the guy who owns Roma come from Boston? I also think he may have been part of FSG at one time I'm sure I rememeber links between FSG and Roma being talked about befoe.

So maybe some sort of deal is being done at a corporate level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I seriously doubt Rodgers was in Italy to look at pitches. Right? Right??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement