Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Doesn't the guy who owns Roma come from Boston? I also think he may have been part of FSG at one time I'm sure I rememeber links between FSG and Roma being talked about befoe.

So maybe some sort of deal is being done at a corporate level

Yep, one of the main partners New England Sports Ventures before it got its current name was Thomas Di Benedetto was the President of Roma but is not now and he is still with FSG, anyway there's a link.
    On 16 April 2011, Thomas R. DiBenedetto's through "DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC" (incorporated in Delaware), which he owned 25% and Unicredit bought 67.1% shares of A.S. Roma Spa from Sensi family's Italpetroli (by buying the shares of holding company "Roma 2000 S.r.l") for €60.3 million and formed a joint venture holding company NEEP Roma in a 60-40 ratio. The transaction date was scheduled on 31 July 2011.[4] NEEP also bought the sister companies of AS Roma: "ASR Real Estate S.r.l." and "Brand Management S.r.l." valued €10 million.

"DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC" (later renamed to AS Roma SPV, LLC) consists of 4 other shareholder (or 3 not counting the family trust), namely James Pallotta (25%) (of "Tudor Investment"), Michael Ruane (25%) (director of "TA Realty"; partially own the "DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC" through family trust for 22.5%) and Richard D'Amore (25%) (of "North Bridge Venture Partners" and Veeco).[5]

The new company was planned a complete takeover and de-list the company from Borsa Italiana. However it failed. Zsolt Kohalmi later joined as the fifth member of investment committee of AS Roma SPV, LLC, made the five members have equal vote in the company, each hold 20% voting rights. Kohalmi represented Starwood Capital Group which joined AS Roma SPV as the fifth shareholder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aren't Roma owned by FSG as well, or at least a partner of them? Could be just a simple business meeting.

That was actually my thoughts when I first heard about him going to Italy last week, and before all the rumours broke out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Doesn't the guy who owns Roma come from Boston? I also think he may have been part of FSG at one time I'm sure I rememeber links between FSG and Roma being talked about befoe.

So maybe some sort of deal is being done at a corporate level

Will be interesting to see how this all p(j)ans out :pac:

One thing is for certain, it will reflect poorly on fsg/Rodgers if all that was ever required for us to convince big players to come to us was sending an actual football man (in the form of Rodgers himself) to sell the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Blackburn have already put Swansea and Stoke out of the FA Cup. They obviously have a decent team. It is a great draw for us though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Have a ticket can't go, going to the Burnley game the midweek before :(

I'd love to go! I'll take it!

Oh no, hang on - I have 3 kids and another on the way in a few weeks.
    I'm going NOWHERE. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dickerty wrote: »
    I'd love to go! I'll take it!

Oh no, hang on - I have 3 kids and another on the way in a few weeks.
    I'm going NOWHERE. :D

I like the way you work it (no Dickerty )
    I don't bag it up
    I don't bag it up (dont bother to bag it up girl)
    I don't bag it up(bag it up, not)
    I don't bag it up

if he had bagged it up he would b able to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

OwaynOTT wrote:
    I like the way you work it (no Dickerty ) I don't bag it up I like the way you work it (no Dickerty ) I don't bag it up (dont bother to bag it up girl) I like the way you work it (no Dickerty ) I don't bag it up(bag it up, not) I like the way you work it (no Dickerty ) I don't bag it up

yeah, exactly, that's what I was getting at. WTF is colemania doing thanking your explanation of the joke but not the joke, honestly

I appreciate the effort from you both! :)

I guess I am living up to my name...

• Advertisement

and another has thanked the explanation and not the joke! Am I missing something here?
    The thank-whoring job is a lark, I'm going to leave it for Hangboy Doughboy or whatever his name is.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    and another has thanked the explanation and not the joke! Am I missing something here?
    The thank-whoring job is a lark, I'm going to leave it for Hangboy Doughboy or whatever his name is.

Maybe we are being a bit sensitive?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Liverpool buying an Italian pitch is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Turtyturd wrote: »

What we need is a good looking German pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

x43r0 wrote: »

Problem is, the good ones rarely leave Germany.

x43r0 wrote: »

So we can all pitch up a one man tent?

• Advertisement

So we can all pitch up a one man tent?

That has a ring of "Joxer goes to Stuttgart" about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

yeah, exactly, that's what I was getting at. WTF is colemania doing thanking your explanation of the joke but not the joke, honestly

I wasn't the only one I see...... ;)

You're a bit of a thanks whore aren't you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turtyturd wrote:

itl be grand...we will loan it back after 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

For once I hope Indy is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »

indykaila..... that probably means we have signed Johnson to a 10 year contract at £250k a week.

indykaila..... that probably means we have signed Johnson to a 10 year contract at £250k a week.

I thought he was reliable, nearly sure he was recommended on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Markovic does indeed get a four match ban in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I thought he was reliable, nearly sure he was recommended on here.

He's a joke of an ITK, still lets hope he is right with this guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Ibe/Manquillo to take the reins for that position in Europe then and Markovic/Manquillo utilised for premiership and fa cup. Rodgers' bolstering of the squad in the Summer is beginning to come in to play now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

magma69 wrote: »
    Ibe/Manquillo to take the reins for that position in Europe then and Markovic/Manquillo utilised for premiership and fa cup. Rodgers' bolstering of the squad in the Summer is beginning to come in to play now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson slot in as wing back to see how he works out. Perhaps maybe a too cautious approach, but Europa is a different kettle of fish to the EPL so may pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson slot in as wing back to see how he works out. Perhaps maybe a too cautious approach, but Europa is a different kettle of fish to the EPL so may pay off.

For away games in particular that may very well be the most sensible option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Four games for a poke in the eye!? Jaysus. Thats a bit harsh.
    Luckily he'll be back in time for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

How can they give him a four match ban for what he did? Joke. He barely touched him. Is there any point appealing? Ridiculous ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Damien360 wrote: »
    Injuries made sterling the striker. Ibe came back because we needed someone else as we were playing ****e. Again lack of squad depth. Can was a good signing but it took a few tries to find his best position but not his preferred position as that is occupied by Gerard and Henderson.

I have been consistent in my disdain for Rodgers and I will stick by it. He will not bring us the title. Suarez almost brought that last year.

So your meant to attack the post not the poster right?? ok, I'm sure you're a lovely fellow but the bit in bold is just nonsense, the type of hyperbolic nonsense I was referring to the other day that is rampant in this thread. If you think Suarez almost brought us the title last year and no credit should go to Rodger's or the rest of the team then hypothetically do you think that Sunderland could win the league next year if they signed Suarez? How about Swansea, Burnley, the list goes on.
    You might have disdain for Rodger's, but I have disdain for this post and the opinions offered in it, but I'm sure you're a lovely fellow. :)

Damien360 wrote: »
    He had £100million. Not exactly making the most of resources available. That is a sizeable pot.

So where did Spur's finish after they spent 100mill after selling Bale? How much did Utd spend last Summer and they are far from guaranteed a champion's league spot. Total spent is misleading anyway because different teams will be at different levels before x amount is spent and therefore different results should be expected. What would you expect from Barnsley if they spent 100mill next summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Don't want to see Johnson play again for the club tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

mormank wrote: »
    So your meant to attack the post not the poster right?? ok, I'm sure you're a lovely fellow but the bit in bold is just nonsense, the type of hyperbolic nonsense I was referring to the other day that is rampant in this thread. If you think Suarez almost brought us the title last year and no credit should go to Rodger's or the rest of the team then hypothetically do you think that Sunderland could win the league next year if they signed Suarez? How about Swansea, Burnley, the list goes on.
    You might have disdain for Rodger's, but I have disdain for this post and the opinions offered in it, but I'm sure you're a lovely fellow. :)

so if Liverpool didn't have saurez, they would have finished in the same spot?

You are using hyperbole yourself when you are using Swansea and burnley as a parameter.

Saurez bought Liverpool a few places, even the most biased fan can see that. What position are they in now?

niallo27 wrote: »
    I couldnt handle a final against them. I'd have to go into hiding.

That is exactly the final I want. What better way to send off Stevie G (that is an actual possibility to us this season) than to beat Man Utd in the Fa Cup final. Sure, we would have a better chance if we got Reading or someone in the final, but you want to beat the best and like it or not Utd have been the best throughout Stevie's career.

Besides knowing us we would probably make harder work of an Fa cup final against a lower league team than against Utd. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Wing backs need to be able to attack which Johnson is not good at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

djPSB wrote: »
    Wing backs need to be able to attack which Johnson is not good at.

Ah jesus attacking is the thing he is supposed to be good at!

I reckon Manquillo will be involved in the Europa with Ibe but it'd be Markovic and Ibe for the league

You are using hyperbole yourself when you are using Swansea and burnley as a parameter.

Saurez bought Liverpool a few places, even the most biased fan can see that. What position are they in now?

Jeez, it's like people on this thread don't even understand the word hyperole, and I'm not exaggerating. :rolleyes:
    I'm not using hyperbole. I'm using an extreme example (Sunderland, Swansea) to help get my point across that he is being hyperbolic. I only use the word hyperbole because the other word is just too damn difficult to remember how to spell all the time. :p But if people don't understand the word I might have to brush up on my spelling memory a tad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

The only wing Johnson belongs on is that of a plane on a one way flight out of Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

1020143.png

Yes of course Suarez helped us massively last season achieve second place, but by the same token so did Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling, Gerrard, Hendo etc. It's almost impossible to quantify each players contribution to our league position and to speculate where we would have finished without certain players and yet people too often just give all the credit to the guys scoring the goals.
    Besides if it was a one man show surely Suarez would have just scored against Chelsea and we would be Premier League champions right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

joe123 wrote: »
    The Bolded bit - sums up what I hate about some of the smugness you get on here.

Anyways, moving on from that, I wasn't referring to Rodgers getting criticism, I was referring to the out and out people wanting Rodgers gone for one reason or another.

You should take a few pointers from Damien on how to reply to a thread/question in a constructive manner. A bit of discussion for the forum for you know discussion sake.

The way you asked the question was incredibly smug in fairness.

Almost a kind of "here ye, have an opportunity to repent your sins".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Markovic's reaction to his 4 game ban :) I like this guy :D

http://www.thesportbible.com/pictures/lazar-markovic-reacts-to-his-4-game-ban

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

it's an insane ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So is the ban for violent conduct then?

**** me.....

If that's violence I'm a ****ing astronaut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Markovic's reaction to his 4 game ban :) I like this guy :D

http://www.thesportbible.com/pictures/lazar-markovic-reacts-to-his-4-game-ban

He'd fit right in on this thread with posts like that

Isn't 4 games reserved for serious foul play, like head-butting and stamping?
    How can they consider this the same, it was careless at best!

We had better appeal, he doesn't deserve that...

He'd fit right in on this thread with posts like that

?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

?

54e32a932d85f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ridiculous Ban but no big deal. We will need to rotate our squad anyway.

Save him for the League and FA Cup games and play Ibe in the EL

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement