Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

54e32a932d85f.jpg

He needs to hire someone to read those notifications...

4 game ban. Probably get the same for racism and less for a stamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roddy Piper would have been proud of that eye poke by Lazar.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    4 game ban. Probably get the same for racism and less for a stamp.

Ah yes, but a racism charge would probably mean a 30K fine as well.
    Which, as we know, shows how seriously they take it...

Roddy Piper would have been proud of that eye poke by Lazar.

Typical dirty scot...since we are talking racism. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

mormank wrote: »
    Jeez, it's like people on this thread don't even understand the word hyperole, and I'm not exaggerating. :rolleyes:
    I'm not using hyperbole. I'm using an extreme example (Sunderland, Swansea) to help get my point across that he is being hyperbolic. I only use the word hyperbole because the other word is just too damn difficult to remember how to spell all the time. :p But if people don't understand the word I might have to brush up on my spelling memory a tad.

Ok. You're literally not being hyperbolic.

Got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We need to sign Saurez.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We need to sign Saurez.

Saurez? The next big thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

According to Aertel, it's a 4 match ban instead of a 3 match ban because he was sent off playing for Benfica in an EL game last May...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

jasonb wrote: »
    According to Aertel, it's a 4 match ban instead of a 3 match ban because he was sent off playing for Benfica in an EL game last May...

J.

• Advertisement

Heh heh... Yeah, I know, but the website is handy for a quick glance at news/headlines etc.

And there was a time when I was able to listen to that sound and know in advance what speed the connection was made at... :)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

J.

:eek: Aertel is still available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ok. You're literally not being hyperbolic.

Got it

Great. I think I've just thought of an idea for a new sig. :o I still miss Alonso but this takes predecent I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

1014009_317179325085662_1733949951_n.jpg?oh=6a2dd85cdce8af511bdfee64a48cdd63&oe=55669C82&__gda__=1428663080_613bd134eb935979571863d6787c7df6

Get in Fernando!

Dickerty wrote: »
    Saurez? The next big thing?

Evil Suarez....he's just a big eye and a goatee at the minute, but give him a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

So from what I can gather Markovic is getting a 4 match ban due to some uefa recidivism clause because he got sent off against Juventus in the Europa Semi's last year. Does anyone know what exactly he got sent off for in that game because unless we've replaced a biter with a recidivistic eye poker I fail to see why a red last year should count against him this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

4 Match ban? Was this for the hand and red card!?

Obscene!

Vicxas wrote: »
    4 Match ban? Was this for the hand and red card!?

Obscene!

Apparently it was for the red card and a completely different red card in a previous season for a different club! :)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I'm a Blackburn fan and I fear it's the end of the line,
    Would be a lot more confident, to the point of maybe we'll hold em and nick a goal, if we were at home, away from home, fear we're going to get trounced...
    UNLESS, we keep up our FA Cup streak...
    We haven't won away from home since Charlton in 3rd round, and before that it was in October.
    We've played 3 matches, Charlton, Swansea and Stoke.
    In Charlton match they went down to 10 men, against Swansea they finished with 9 and in the Stoke match they went down to 10 at HT.
    So... Who, if you had the choice, would you send off and still have best chance of progressing?

I'm also a realist and know for a fact that without the red cards in Swans and Stoke match we'd be long gone. Also, we're not playing great at the moment either... Hopefully money will help a little towards a club that desperately needs it though.

Also saw a Liverpool stat that didn't fill me with joy, they've won 15/16 QFs in FA Cup..

I hope it's at least a little close, regardless of final result..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would be a lot more confident, to the point of maybe we'll hold em and nick a goal, if we were at home, away from home, fear we're going to get trounced...
    We haven't won away from home since Charlton in 3rd round, and before that it was in October.
    In Charlton match they went down to 10 men, against Swansea they finished with 9 and in the Stoke match they went down to 10 at HT.
    So... Who, if you had the choice, would you send off and still have best chance of progressing?

I'm also a realist and know for a fact that without the red cards in Swans and Stoke match we'd be long gone. Also, we're not playing great at the moment either... Hopefully money will help a little towards a club that desperately needs it though.

Also saw a Liverpool stat that didn't fill me with joy, they've won 15/16 QFs in FA Cup..

Id enjoy a good contest over a rout :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Happy Pjancake Tuesday y'all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

So from what I can gather Markovic is getting a 4 match ban due to some uefa recidivism clause because he got sent off against Juventus in the Europa Semi's last year. Does anyone know what exactly he got sent off for in that game because unless we've replaced a biter with a recidivistic eye poker I fail to see why a red last year should count against him this year.

Marko was subbed off v juve in the second leg, they were pretty much through to the final so were trying to see the game out. Anyways, a few scuffles broke out nothing much to write home about but both markovic and vucinic of juve were both sent off (funnily enough whilst neither were on the pitch) for apparent verbal abuse exchanged.

The funny thing is both denied anything happened and vucinic went as far as to say he was exchanging words with artur moraes benficas back up keeper.

So from what i gather he was falsely sent off in the first place.

http://soccerly.com/article/VanjaBojanovic/no-conflicts-between-markovic-and-vucinic

D'Agger wrote: »
    Happy Pjancake Tuesday y'all

Crepe joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Pjanc Whore

Crepe joke

God, you are as bitter as a lemon (and sugar)...

You people drive me Nut(ella)s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He'd fit right in on this thread with posts like that

I remember before getting an email from twitter with some of my friends names in it, asking me did I know them and want to follow them. They had like three names of people I went to college with, and then Lazar Markovic :pac:

Knex, do you know Bob, Mary, James, and Lazar Markovic?

Made me laugh anyway.

klose wrote: »
    Marko was subbed off v juve in the second leg, they were pretty much through to the final so were trying to see the game out. Anyways, a few scuffles broke out nothing much to write home about but both markovic and vucinic of juve were both sent off (funnily enough whilst neither were on the pitch) for apparent verbal abuse exchanged.

The funny thing is both denied anything happened and vucinic went as far as to say he was exchanging words with artur moraes benficas back up keeper.

http://soccerly.com/article/VanjaBojanovic/no-conflicts-between-markovic-and-vucinic

Sent off for an exchange of words ??? this gets worse and worse . Unless your telling the ref to go **** himself (would have been tempting as its Clattenburg) or shouting some racial pejorative you should never be sent off for an exchange of words with another player. Joke decisions piled on joke decisions for this ban it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

klose wrote: »

That all sounds so ridiculous.

That's a remarkable stat, when you consider some of the teams we would have met...

Knex. wrote: »
    Made me laugh anyway.

A-ha-ha-ha! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Apparently it was for the red card and a completely different red card in a previous season for a different club! :)

J.
    Wait until he gets sent off next year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Evil Suarez....he's just a big eye and a goatee at the minute, but give him a few years.

and he'll still be a big eye and a goatee, whining on about his lost ring and let a group of Jay Spearings defeat him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Dickerty wrote: »
    God, you are as bitter as a lemon (and sugar)...

You people drive me Nut(ella)s!

If these jokes don't stop I'm gonna flip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lads, the pancakes jokes have been really flat so far....really creppy standard, you can all do much much batter

Yay....puncake Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

If you asked us a few weeks ago, it could have been most of the team.

Of the current starters I would nominate Markovic for the red, he is still young and raw and his loss would be felt less sorely felt than our more established attacking players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yay....puncake Tuesday.
    Pjancake.....don't ruin this for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pandacake lads its Pandacake day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pancake jokes are for tossers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

creative-cake-design-15__605.jpg
    Pandacake lads its Pandacake day.
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecakestore.co.uk%2Fpanda-cake%2F&ei=am_jVN3GM8O3OJCPgYgK&bvm=bv.85970519,d.ZWU&psig=AFQjCNG0qCI-oY4_kmKKpPmJroHBLYa8Jw&ust=1424277731320005

• Advertisement

I'm making panda cakes and had no intention of doing so until this page! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

panda-pancake-in-pan.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ah you lads are cruel im stuck on a bus and want pancakes now.

Ah you lads are cruel im stuck on a bus and want pancakes now.

80 grams flour
    1 egg
    knob of butter melted
    250 ml of milk

throw the lot into a bender and spin like Dead or Alive for 30 seconds - heat frying pan with butter until nice and hot - ladle on the mix and turn down heat. Don't forget the caster sugar and lemon. Panda optional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

80 grams flour
    1 egg
    knob of butter melted
    250 ml of milk

throw the lot into a bender and spin like Dead or Alive for 30 seconds - heat frying pan with butter until nice and hot - ladle on the mix and turn down heat. Don't forget the caster sugar and lemon. Panda optional.

Jamie Olivers method is simple.

1 cup of flour.
    1 cup of milk.
    1 egg.
    1 pinch of salt.

Delia Smith suggests that you make the batter the night before.
    Delia be trippin yo.

2v8o8at.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

2v8o8at.jpg

God Mike you're playing for the other team now are u?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

2v8o8at.jpg

Sahko, that doesn't need painting!

When's the FA Cup TV fixtures out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks like ojo started for wigan and set up their first goal, given the assist on who scored anyways. Wigan have been wretched since mckaay took over haven hardly scored so its good to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement