Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gbear wrote: »
    I don't see how Balotelli has turned anything around.

The hyperbolic degree to which people lambasted him for laziness really didn't reflect what he was doing on the pitch and he hasn't really made a qualitative improvement in his work rate or the quality of his football.

He's still a bit lazy, makes some bad decisions, generally links well and shows good quality on the ball. The only thing that has changed is that he's come into a team that isn't absolute ****.

If he connected with the ball slightly worse against Spurs and it didn't go in the net, nobody's opinions would have changed on him.

He was never as bad as everyone was saying and he isn't playing particularly well now.

Agreed.

One goal changes nothing.

Nor will anything change - he will never be a starter in a Liverpool team with all its options available in a vital match imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

jasonb wrote: »
    This isn't an attack on Mario, but how could you say that any striker who has just scored one goal since October is 'currently in good from'? ;)

J.

Thats not my analysis, its offthepost.info. Anyway, his winner against Tottenham will certainly have given him a lift, particularly as the squad seemed to be very much behind him in celebrating.

Also, against Palace, Lallana grabbed the winner after the keeper spilled Balotelli's shot... so its almost an assist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This isn't an attack on Mario, but how could you say that any striker who has just scored one goal since October is 'currently in good from'? ;)

J.

Yep, noticed that one myself. The media do love him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

He has looked better, he even celebrated that Lallana goal a little, it definately came from the training ground.
    So a goal and part in another in 75 mins or so is progress...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is the whole 'thing' around strikers needing a goal to get over a hump. Mario may have cleared that hump.
    But I'm still nowhere near thinking he should be retained by the club or anywhere near being a starter. He would need to bag alot more goals and be way more of a team player.
    If he can do that then I may reconsider that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thats not my analysis, its offthepost.info. Anyway, his winner against Tottenham will certainly have given him a lift, particularly as the squad seemed to be very much behind him in celebrating.

Also, against Palace, Lallana grabbed the winner after the keeper spilled Balotelli's shot... so its almost an assist ;)

No worries, I wasn't calling you on the quote, I saw it was offthepost alright. And like I said, I'm not really poking at Mario either, I just think it's poor journalism! :)

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Slow news day.

Hendo has officially joined Twitter, be interesting to see what sort of poster he is, considering his role as vice captain.
    I think we'll see lots of motivational stuff and "Go team!" posts after a big win...

gafferino wrote: »
    Gerrard out for tomorrows game at least - "continuing to assess"

Continuing to assess whether he's any gas left in the tank??

Marko being out for EL games makes him a shoe-in for more domestic games, so expect to see Johnson or Manquillo on the right.

Does Enrique exist anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dickerty wrote: »
    Slow news day.

Hendo has officially joined Twitter, be interesting to see what sort of poster he is, considering his role as vice captain.
    I think we'll see lots of motivational stuff and "Go team!" posts after a big win...

Kind of picture of a boring James Milner type.

No worries, I wasn't calling you on the quote, I saw it was offthepost alright. And like I said, I'm not really poking at Mario either, I just think it's poor journalism! :)

J.

I think the site is a 1man labour of love, but might be wrong. Have a feeling the guy is a Liverpool fan too but, again, may be wrong.

Either way, its a great site and I prefer to.check there for football ****e over other websites. Theres often funny or quirky stories which other outlets wouldnt report.

Kind of picture of a boring James Milner type.

Certainly not the Instagram-style of Balo, or selfies & humour of Sterling...
    Or Coutinho's "Check it out, I know Neymar!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Sterling back in training .

Be interesting team selection tomorrow.

Slow news day.

He will most likely tweet from the knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FA Cup..Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers - Sunday 8th of March (4pm) – Live on BT Sport

• Advertisement

I saw this in Limerick yesterday... Must be Rodgers dentist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

What's people's opinion here on reading/buying the sun newspaper? Does it bother ye seeing as most of us aren't from Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What's people's opinion here on reading/buying the sun newspaper? Does it bother ye seeing as most of us aren't from Liverpool?

Pretty much as you;d expect - what difference doe it make where we come from?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I think its a **** paper, so I wouldnt buy it regardless of any principled stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Absolute rag, has no merit in it at all.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I wouldn't even put it down for the dog to piss on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I was going to say I wouldn't clean my arse with it but yours is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Pretty much as you;d expect - what difference doe it make where we come from?
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think its a **** paper, so I wouldnt buy it regardless of any principled stance.
    Vicxas wrote: »
    Absolute rag, has no merit in it at all.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Pretty much as above.

I wouldn't even read it if it was free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wouldn't use it as toilet paper absolute rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

The funniest thing about that is she hasn't got a tit to her name.

Harsh that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No matter if your not from Liverpool, can't understand an Irish person buying it with its anti Irishness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

"I'll say it once and then i'll be done, buy what you want but just don't buy the sun"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Harsh that.

True, if you're reading this Claire. Soz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Quiet in here tonight...here's a funny picture.

B-JtqaKIQAACzyu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

B-Rod meeting the queen. No idea what the context of this is

25C5BCF700000578-0-image-a-48_1424207601193.jpg

I imagine they're comparing crowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was going to say I wouldn't clean my arse with it but yours is better.

Much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

"You're a wonderful technician ma'am. I really enjoy the model of your rule"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

"You're a wonderful technician ma'am. I really enjoy the model of your rule"

"Great Character".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

"Ma'am, only 3 months ago my daughter had a turn and I was a known degenerate. Look at us now!"

"you're shoes are outstanding Ma'am"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I cant help but think of this when I see that photo of Brendan

beanqueenSlide.png

No thanks for my original caption :eek:

I'm like Rafa and Rodolfo in the Academy, I do all the work and BRebel gets all the thanks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Or you look at it like this. He has scored 1 in 2 since his return to the team from injury/illness.

That's good form.

Scoring 1 goal at any stage will always have a 1 in 2 return rate till the 3rd game rolls around. It's very selective stats that your using there

• Advertisement

Scoring 1 goal at any stage will always have a 1 in 2 return rate till the 3rd game rolls around. It's very selective stats that your using there

I think it was a little tongue-in-cheek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

K-9 wrote: »
    Yep, noticed that one myself. The media do love him.

He has provided them with a few stories in the past to be fair.

Sturridge making his European debut for Liverpool tonight (if he starts) :o:o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sturridge making his European debut for Liverpool tonight (if he starts) :o:o

Rumours of him and Balotelli starting tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Job - no harm to give them a game together to see what they can do. They worked well as part of a front 3 constantly switching around at White Hart Lane this season.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Rumours of him and Balotelli starting tonight.

Where?

• Advertisement

Where?
    Anfield, probably:pac:

Anfield, probably:pac:

Even through they are in Turkey? :cool:

I reckon they better get on the plane fast so, seeing as the match is on in Anfield...

http://soccerstats.independent.ie/?pStr=Cup_Comp&cpid=-35&Cust=6621&Lang=0&ctid=-35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Home tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dickerty having a mare :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement