Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Jesus seamus Coleman and lukaku really stretched open those young boys at the back tonighy. To be fair, not a lot of young boys who could deal with a big black powerhouse hammering away on them at the back.

you sir,need to step away from the interwebs for a bit me thinks :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What do we all think of Gerrard in the commentary box, rather than in the dressing room? Rubs me up the wrong way tbh. Would half expect him to be involved, but maybe I'm old fashioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Jesus seamus Coleman and lukaku really stretched open those young boys at the back tonighy. To be fair, not a lot of young boys who could deal with a big black powerhouse hammering away on them at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

looks like ac slater back in the day

More like a scene out of the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Play fairly crap and win. Happy Days

xxvFMsx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Desperate form from Henderson tonight. He's a terrible shooter and Balotelli is a known great penalty taker. You could see him sulking as the goal went in, after tugging on the armband to try and pull rank prior to it. He probably would have put in in row Z. Mario has his faults but he can take a bloody penalty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good result and vital to keep a clean sheet. Disappointing to see hendo sturridge having a bit of a moan over the peno but **** it, main thing was balo stuck it away.

Pretty disappointing performance bar ibe moreno and lalllana. Rest were par or below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't think Henderson wanted to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard, Balotelli, Lambert thats the order of peno takers for me after that its up to the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Job ****ing done lads.

I'd say Sturridge was pissy because of his gammy performance but when you play like a puddle of hot sick and your only penalty for Liverpool was an embarassing miss I don't think you can argue.
    I really hate to see that bull**** around the penalty. It's part of why he's so good but you bury those feelings and deal with them off the pitch. You don't put any pressure at all on the kick taker.

A virtually immaculate performance from Balotelli when he came on. If he can be our super sub for the rest of the season I'd call that a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't think Henderson wanted to take it.

Hendo "I wanted the peno"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Desperate form from Henderson tonight. He's a terrible shooter and Balotelli is a known great penalty taker. You could see him sulking as the goal went in, after tugging on the armband to try and pull rank prior to it. He probably would have put in in row Z. Mario has his faults but he can take a bloody penalty!
    klose wrote: »
    Good result and vital to keep a clean sheet. Disappointing to see hendo sturridge having a bit of a moan over the peno but **** it, main thing was balo stuck it away.

Pretty disappointing performance bar ibe moreno and lalllana. Rest were par or below.

FFS were you not watching, Sturridge presumed to be the peno taker, Balo said I'll take it and Hendo looked to smooth it over. That's all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

klose wrote: »

Thought Sakho was superb, potentially motm along with Ibe. Thought Lallana was poor enough tho.

If Henderson was the elected penalty taker, and is also the captain, and he wanted to take it, then it's really really weak from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We could really do with another Gary Mac type signing in the summer, lot of young players with great potential but we'll need an experienced head to lead them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

FFS were you not watching, Sturridge presumed to be the peno taker, Balo said I'll take it and Hendo looked to smooth it over. That's all

Ah, makes more sense alright. Thought Henderson wanted to take it as he was the one trying to get the ball.

Gerrard not too happy with Ballotelli actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That incident around the peno was embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It looks like you weren't watching. Henderson wanted to take it.

Hendo "I wanted the peno"

Yep...he should have said that before I posted that.

• Advertisement

I think Sturridge is telling Balotelli that Henderson is supposed to take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting, so it was between Henderson and Balo, and Sturridge was only standing up for Henderson.

Mr Alan wrote: »

For who? Its happened plenty of times. We know Danny is a greedy striker. Its part of what makes him special. But the best peno taker should take it, thats Mario. And he rattled it home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Poor Sturridge, looks like he was wrongly accused on here :)

Sturridge comes across better in that angle....Henderson isn't fit to be captain.

Yeah it looked like Henderson wanted to take it and Sturridge was p1ssed off with Ballotelli taking the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think Sturridge is telling Balotelli that Henderson is supposed to take it

I didn't cop that. That's fair enough so.

Bottle in front of goal isn't something I'd associate with Hendo so I didn't think he'd be in line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dunno harry, he looked pretty pissed off walking away from it when balo stepped up. Anyways water under the bridge hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mario has never missed a peno in a competitive game, or one? I'm delighted Mario took it. More power to him. Taking penos is his job, hence why he barely celebrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    For who? Its happened plenty of times. We know Danny is a greedy striker. Its part of what makes him special. But the best peno taker should take it, thats Mario. And he rattled it home.

The posters who keep getting it wrong maybe?

I think Gerrard should be keeping his mouth shut here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balotelli in great form 2 in 3 since his return :p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't know why Henderson was on penalty duty in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

After the last couple of substitute performances Balotelli deserves a start for the next game. We had a focal point for our attack once he came on. And Ibe is getting better week by week, a defenders nightmare. You don't know if he is going to go down the line or cut inside.

Whats Stevie saying?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

That's the real travesty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Would Gerrard shut up on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Henderson on peno duty when Balotelli is on the pitch?!

Someone at the club needs a clip around the ear if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jesus people love to criticise the man even when he's not playing they will find a way

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whats Stevie saying?

Saying that Mario showed a bit of disrespect to Henderson by taking the ball off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I missed Hendersons words (if he said 'em) flicked over to Charlie Brooker.

As for penos if there is one player you'd want to take it its Balotelli. I'd have been sh1tting my pants if he had been Hendo (or Sturridge)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Oh Gerrard just shush please :) queue the 'Gerrard lambasts selfish Balotelli' headlines from the rags tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mr Alan wrote: »

****it, to be honest it doesn't bother me at all.

If it was anyone other than one of the best peno takers in the world id be annoyed. Yeah Henderson was supposed to take it, but if you asked me before hand who should take it, I (and most id imagine) would've said Balotelli.

Whats Stevie saying?

That it's poor from Balotelli and disrespectful to Henderson.

It may well be, but the ITV viewership don't need to know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mario has never missed a peno in a competitive game, or one? I'm delighted Mario took it. More power to him. Taking penos is his job, hence why he barely celebrated.

He missed 2 in a row in Serie A last season, one was against Reina

Row Z job alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Let's look at the high points:

We won and didn't concede an away goal
    Ibe was phenomenal again
    Sturridge played his first 90 minutes in 5 months
    Balotelli played as good as he ever has for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mario for captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hendo didn't really want it but didn't want to say he didn't want it, so Mario made it easy for him by taking the ball off him. the biggest problem was Sturbridge sticking his nose in made it look way worse and could have but Mario off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement