Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

monkey9 wrote: »
    He reaalllllyy doesn't like Turdyturd

Is he the guy he punched in the niteclub?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

*Update*

Steven Gerrard is currently sleeping in his Liverpool home with his family and we shouldn't expect to hear from him or any Liverpool-based parties 'til morning.

It is currently 17:50 in Los Angelas, no one will be in bed asleep over there just yet, so any news coming anytime soon will be coming from there.

A bit of added trivia for the football enthusiasts. Did you know? If Steven Gerrard completes a move to LA Galaxy, he will be teaming up with Robbie Keane for the second time. Steven and Robbie played together at Liverpool from 2008-2009 before Robbie departed for Tottenham.

Faisal Abel Xavier Also featured for both clubs but isn't best remembered for his footballing abilities but rather his enchanting appearance rich with hypnotic beardery and elusive hairstyles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

[IMG][/img]tumblr_n55pj1QmgV1rr7t27o1_400.gif
    200.gif
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_nhir6thei01qcbfodo1_250.gif

Captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Sad day to hear Steven Gerrard leaving. Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gerrard leaving. I'm a sad panda today, lads. The man gave his all for the club and we will be lucky to see another like him.

We absolutely need to step it up in January and next summer to get this squad in the right direction.

Also, delighted now I got to go to his testimonial when I had the chance. Won't make it back to Anfield to see him this season now, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Roll Up Roll Up, who's the next member of the clique that will have a go?

I can't bite my tongue anymore, dunno why I post on here, so many condescending **** all in the one place, pat each others back, thank each others posts, and in the main do nothing but take the piss of our own manager, some serious fans alright, no need for united fans to come in and take the piss of us when yous all do it to yourselves.

Special mention to 'The Turd' he gets my vote as the saddest prick on this forum, beat off some stiff competition (probably literally) but hands down the biggest attention seeking saddo there is, tries so hard to get thanks it's fking pathetic. I won't bother naming other names yous know who yous are.

Hopefully Rodgers will have a long long career at Liverpool and ram it down the throats of all the fickle twats that turn on him on a whim.

It's a new year, as good a time as any to get the fck outta here, don't bother reporting this post, I'll be shutting down the account

Au Revoir Le cocksuckers.

giphy.gif

kenny-powers-1.gif

To be fair that is one hell of a post haha brilliant stuff. Talk about going out in a blaize of glory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Finally got all the thanks and attention he craved after closing his account.

Kinda bittersweet, and foreshadowing us winning the league next season after Gerrard leaves.

awww, did bubu miss his bottle :(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Drama Llama posting.. ugh
    You should learn to skim over the posters you don't think are worthy of your time instead of getting all dramatic and flaming them and closing your account. If you have higher standards than them, it should be easy.

Gerrard leaving, yeah, its the right time.
    Been an absolute pleasure watching him and he will be missed sorely, all good things though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Definitely the right decision for Gerrard's career anyway, and I don't think anyone can argue that he owes the club anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

At least we won the league last year, still sad to see him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Will be an awful sight to see him don another shirt, but i think that he has been a great servant to the club and deserves to go and have some fun in his last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Will Henderson be the new captain from next season?

Lack of options but he'd be an extremely uninspiring choice imo.

Think Henderson would be a good choice tbh.

Maybe now he won't be shunted out to the wing and actually played in his correct position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gerrard leaving makes me sad. Can't think of a team without him in it as I'm only a young fella. 32 is young right??

Anyway. The thoughts of Henderson captain is frightening the life out of me tbh. It's a double whammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Slattsy wrote: »
    Anyway. The thoughts of Henderson captain is frightening the life out of me tbh. It's a double whammy.

This times a 1,000.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Think Henderson would be a good choice tbh.

Maybe now he won't be shunted out to the wing and actually played in his correct position

Always felt that for a captain to be truly credible he should be a real leader or failing that, a great player. Somebody that other players would really look up to in some form or another.

I don't think Henderson gives you that. He's a decent player and has a great attitude but as I said, a very uninspiring choice imo. Wouldn't have him down as a long term choice.

Blatter wrote: »
    Always felt that for a captain to be truly credible he should be a real leader or failing that, a great player. Somebody that other players would really look up to in some form or another.

I don't think Henderson gives you that. Yes a decent player and has a great attitude but as I said, a very uninspiring choice imo. Wouldn't have him down as a long term choice.

He's incredibly vocal on the pitch,always encouraging players. Putting his arm around younger players during games.

Also captained the England u21s.

When you look around the Liverpool team, there's nobody else that stands out for me. Until that changes he's the obvious choice.

For me Carragher was the real leader at LFC anyway the past few decades. More of a natural captain than Gerrard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

B6VVv9wCQAAXLH6.jpg

Legend,
    Pity he had to make the decision for the best of the club, the management should have made the end of his career easier not putting the weight of the club on his shoulders.

10881585_10153102126842573_7094254394650274915_n.jpg?oh=dc034337c8e81d617e5a13129d4b1721&oe=54FADA21&__gda__=1429668824_3fef817006c8b9d41df1abbb93f3c9d5

Christ on a bike :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

B6VWRw8CAAMHRYC.jpg

Gerrards full statement. Full of class!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I think when you take everything into consideration its sad that Gerrard wont finish his career at Anfield but he'll get a last payday in the sun, no doubt.

Genuinely shocked that he is leaving though. Never thought I'd see the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Cant deny that it hurts, the one player you didn't think would ever 'leave'. Yes its different to when the likes of the class players that have left over the years went but always imagined Stevie G being around forever. No doubt he'll be back in some shape or form down the road but a sad day - the man is an absolute hero cant put it any better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Some noise from Utd fans around the fact that Utd / Vidic were questioned when his departure was announced last year while Club Captain. The difference is that pictures of a smiling Vidic signing a contract for a different club was how it was confirmed with the world. I think anyone could identify the difference between that and the above statement. A classy departure from a classy player.

In two successive summers we'll have lost Suarez and Gerrard. The squad as it stands now is too young and too inexperienced. I think FSG have to think about sanctioning a type of purchase they haven't considered to date - a high price / high wages player in the mid to late twenties bracket. You can't continue an outflow of experience and inflow of potential forever. The likes of Henderson / Sterling / Sturridge / Coutinho need help in that regard imo.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Some noise from Utd fans around the fact that Utd / Vidic were questioned when his departure was announced last year while Club Captain. The difference is that pictures of a smiling Vidic signing a contract for a different club was how it was confirmed with the world. I think anyone could identify the difference between that and the above statement. A classy departure from a classy player.

It was announced Vidic would be leaving with a nice statement from the player, just like what has happened here.

The Inter stuff came after. It wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard to LA Galaxy is announced within the month but I doubt we'll be seeing him holding the Galaxy Jersey in pics, that was a mistake from Vidic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Some noise from Utd fans around the fact that Utd / Vidic were questioned when his departure was announced last year while Club Captain.

Where :confused:

Or are you making it up?

Or is on some other forum/social media you post on, and bringing it here for some shít stirring excercise?

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    It was announced Vidic would be leaving with a nice statement from the player, just like what has happened here.

The Inter stuff came after. It wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard to LA Galaxy is announced within the month but I doubt we'll be seeing him holding the Galaxy Jersey in pics, that was a mistake from Vidic.

Ah I see - good post, cheers for the correction.
    Where :confused:

Or are you making it up?

Or is on some other forum/social media you post on, and bringing it here for some shít stirring excercise?

Ah come on:
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    What a joke of a captain. Their team struggling and here he is announcing a luctrative big money move away to the MLS.. etc etc etc.

Enough them got the digs in at Giggsy and Vida :pac:

I don't really make stuff up. I get lots of things wrong no doubt, but intentionally imagining things isn't really my bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If the rumours were to be believed, Gerrard was a key ally of Rodgers. With Gerrard now going - what does that mean for Rodgers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If the rumours were to be believed, Gerrard was a key ally of Rodgers. With Rodgers now going - what does that mean for Rodgers?

Rodgers is going?

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

In two successive summers we'll have lost Suarez and Gerrard. The squad as it stands now is too young and too inexperienced. I think FSG have to think about sanctioning a type of purchase they haven't considered to date - a high price / high wages player in the mid to late twenties bracket. You can't continue an outflow of experience and inflow of potential forever. The likes of Henderson / Sterling / Sturridge / Coutinho need help in that regard imo.

In three summers we'll have lost Carragher, Agger, Suarez, Gerrard and potentially Toure and Johnson(although good riddance there) as experienced players. Maybe Skrtel too.

tthe squad is getting way too young.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I think when you take everything into consideration its sad that Gerrard wont finish his career at Anfield but he'll get a last payday in the sun, no doubt.

Genuinely shocked that he is leaving though. Never thought I'd see the day.
    He's been getting absolutely slaughtered in the press and by his own fans. I honestly think he's just decided to say sod it, might as well enjoy one last pay day in the sun.

He's been getting absolutely slaughtered in the press and by his own fans. I honestly think he's just decided to say sod it, might as well enjoy one last pay day in the sun.

Think he has seen the writing on the wall and decided that he may as well leave before he gets relegated to bench warming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He's incredibly vocal on the pitch,always encouraging players. Putting his arm around younger players during games.

Also captained the England u21s.

When you look around the Liverpool team, there's nobody else that stands out for me. Until that changes he's the obvious choice.

For me Carragher was the real leader at LFC anyway the past few decades. More of a natural captain than Gerrard

I say give Hendo a chance and he won't let us down.

I think FSG have to think about sanctioning a type of purchase they haven't considered to date - a high price / high wages player in the mid to late twenties bracket.
    Wouldn't say the player has to be that old, but we absolutely do need to look at bringing in a top quality, proven player. Looking around in world football right now, the best player to fit into that criteria looks to be Pogba at Juventus, unfortunately, he is well out of our price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

dogbert27 wrote: »
    In three summers we'll have lost Carragher, Agger, Suarez, Gerrard and potentially Toure and Johnson(although good riddance there) as experienced players. Maybe Skrtel too.

We all know you won't win anything with youngsters.....
    Come on the pool

I think he realises that at 35 he will be a passenger in the team and the team can't accomodate a passenger, the Lampard situation is all well and good but Man City & Liverpool teams aren't comparable. He no doubt doesn't want his career to end like that too.

I also reckon he isn't overly keen on the impact sub, bit part role.

So far this season he hasn't sparkled to a degree that suggests his input on the pitch will be missed (free kick v Basle was great no doubt), his input on the squad and dressing room is impossible to gauge from outside so the loss there may well be immense.

However it could be the makings of Henderson which the club would benefit from, onwards and upwards & farewell Steven, still many balls to be kicked before we get too teary at the season's end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's an incredibly sad time but at the same time I am excited for the future. I feel for too long the club have relied heavily on Gerrard.
    Hopefully his departure in the future gives the club and Rodgers a kick up the behind and go and sort out the midfield, which hasn't been great since Xabi left.

Its a great pity he couldn't have won the league last year and capped off a great career.

My favorite Gerrard moment was the gaol against West Ham in the FA Cup final, a mad goal for a mad final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

mav79 wrote: »
    B6VWRw8CAAMHRYC.jpg

Gerrards full statement. Full of class!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

mav79 wrote: »
    B6VVv9wCQAAXLH6.jpg

I think I've something on my eye... :(

Sad to see him go, but probably the right time. Gutted he didn't get a league medal last season, and that some people will point to his slip as why we lost the league. Coming that close, then being 'blamed' for it, and then seeing this season turn into yet another 'transition' season must be killing him.

He's been a legend for us and has given us fans many amazing moments. Will hopefully get to Anfield again this season to chant his name one more time...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I have been one of his biggest critics over the last few years but it was always going to be a sad day when he went. As with Kenny, reading the bile from United and Arsenal fans makes you realise how big a player he was for the majority of his career, it's just a shame that towards the end wasn't utilized properly. As for last season, I don't think anyone blames his slip for the title loss, bar 'football fans'.

Now that he's staying til May I wouldn't mind seeing him have a WWE retirement for the month of January, have a comeback in February and finish out the season as the best PL player ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Absolutely - either now or next summer we need to bring in one or two guys that go front and centre of any LFC poster or ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Absolutely - either now or next summer we need to bring in one or two guys that go front and centre of any LFC poster or ad.

Yeah, we are severely lacking in star power.

I'd love if someone made a compilation of Coutiniho's best moments over the month or so. He has made so many great passed and runs I'm struggling to remember them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will be interesting now to see will FSG bend to Sterling and his agents wage demands now with Gerrard and Johnson leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The goal now in this window and the next should be recruiting an experienced top class cm to play with Henderson. Can looks promising but at 20 has plenty of developing to do yet.
    Henderson will be the captain and poster boy of Liverpool football club now and I believe he can do a very good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Turtyturd wrote: »

Now that he's staying til May I wouldn't mind seeing him have a WWE retirement for the month of January, have a comeback in February and finish out the season as the best PL player ever.

I think mentally Stevie was done at the end of last season. Maybe it's a decision he's been struggling with all this time, but his performances kind of suggested he was struggling to "go again" in his own words.

But now that he's made his decision there's no reason why it won't help him to refocus and to sign off with a bang so to speak. He now knows his time has come at the club and perhaps he'll use that to push the club to some silverware this season.

It's going to be tough anyway come May, Stevie is the last of the players I grew up watching as a kid and it's going to be truly an end of an era. I've had my frustrations at times with him but no-one can deny that he's been an absolute hero for us, showing freak ability to pull us out from the fire so many times when so much was on the line.

dogbert27 wrote: »

You're right actually:

Xabi Alonso (CL winner / RU in another CL / 2nd in the league)
    Alvaro Arbeloa (2nd in the league at the club)
    Sammi Hyppia (CL winner / EL winner / RU in another CL / 2nd in the league twice)

Xavier Mascherano (RU in CL / 2nd in the league)

Fernando Torres (2nd in the league)

Kuyt (RU in CL / 2nd in the league)
    Rodriguez
    Aurelio (RU in CL / 2nd in the league)

Reina (CL RU / 2nd in the League)
    Carragher (CL winner / EL winner / RU in another CL / 2nd in the league twice)

Suarez (Luis Suarez you know?)
    Agger (RU in CL / 2nd in the league twice)

Gerrard (CL winner / EL winner / RU in another CL / 2nd in the league thrice)
    Lucas? (RU in CL / 2nd in the league twice)
    Johnson?
    Toure? (Previous League winning experience at City and member of Arsenal Invincibles)
    Skrtel? (2nd in the League twice)

It's a lot of experience of being at the sharp end of major competitions that's walking out the door. Now, this is what happens. You'll always have an outflow of experience and some of the names above might not be much use to us now (though current Arbeloa / Mascherano / Alonso would walk right into the team imo which is a big part of why we fell off from the consistency of the Benitez years) but of the players in during the same period which ones are now senior first team squad members? I guess Sturridge and Henderson are the two most experienced and mature members we have.

Certainly, our experience in Europe this season makes more sense when you consider the amount of CL experience contained in the above list that had left before the start of this season. In that regard our squad was far too green.

You just need experience. You don't need a lot of it (i.e. you don't want a first eleven with an average age over 30) but you can't live with none of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Who said Skrtel is going? We have enough problems in CB without him leaving, particularly if Toure is retiring.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement