Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Henderson wanted to take the peno but seemed happy to hand the ball over to Balo. I think Sturridge sticking his oar in was what escalated the issue.

People need to chill the furk out.

"He seemed happy" you gotta be shtiting me he was shaking his head with disgust he wanted the penalty but hadn't the balls to take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Soton side for me

Mig
    ----Lovren--Skrtel--Sakho
    Can
    Marko
    Hendo----Moreno
    Sterling
    Sturridge--Balotelli

Someone should tweet Hendo ask him to tell Gerrard to shut his filthy whore mouth in future.

Lovely words for our club captain and the man that carried the club for a decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Soton side for me

Mig
    Can
    Marko
    Hendo----Moreno
    Sterling
    Sturridge--Balotelli

No Jordan Ibe? You serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

"He seemed happy" you gotta be shtiting me he was shaking his head with disgust he wanted the penalty but hadn't the balls to take

That was after the whole thing, after he had Danny in his ear and got his back up about it.

Check this video

http://mediacdn.fanatix.com/media/00/c8/602be376ec1d1a9e5f33c1ced0d58b390e65/upload.mp4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    No Jordan Ibe? You serious?

Markovic has to play and Ibe needs to be protected for next weeks game against Beskitas, if he gets injured the options are much reduced

Lovely words for our club captain and the man that carried the club for a decade

Ah come on now. It's obviously a joke and a play on the film Anchorman!

Everyone is saying Gerrard shouldn't have said anything about it

Markovic has to play and Ibe needs to be protected for next weeks game against Beskitas, if he gets injured the options are much reduced

I guess that will come down to where the gaffers priorities lie, Southampton is a very important game in the Top 4 race. We will have to wait and see what happens I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It's a joke and a reference to another poster on here. Chill.

And Anchorman. Obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Soton side for me

Mig
    Can
    Marko
    Hendo----Moreno
    Sterling
    Sturridge--Balotelli
    Ibe has to start. I Know your saying about he is needed for next week but when your in the form he is in he has to start.He is a much better player than Markovic.
    Lovren was poor when he came on he can't start. Allen did well & Iwould start him again.

Never seen the film anchorman so didn't get the reference

Is it just me or have some people on boards suddenly lost their sense of humour today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lovren was fine, passed it well and won some headers, didn't have a lot to do.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ibe has to start. I Know your saying about he is needed for next week but when your in the form he is in he has to start.He is a much better player than Markovic.
    Lovren was poor when he came on he can't start. Allen did well & Iwould start him again.

Could argue he should be played ahead of markovic
    Give him more licence to attack and not worry about getting back to full back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is it just me or have some people on boards suddenly lost their sense of humour today?

Shut your whore mouth!!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Elia will make shît of him if he plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Henderson bottled it when Balotelli took the ball but im probably the only one who thinks Balotelli wrong for doing what he done. At the end of the day a plan is set in place & the captain on the night was the person decided by BR to take penos which Balotelli decided to it should be him.If Balotelli is deemed the better taker of penos id question why was it not part of the plan that if Balotelli on the pitch he take them,if not then Henderson

/rant over

Elia will make shît of him if he plays

Can's been found out at CB, he'd do no better and I'd much rather him in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Can's been found out at CB, he'd do no better and I'd much rather him in midfield.

Wow... just wow...

He's made some mistakes as any young player will do but found out?!? Sturridge played poorly tonight too.. he's been found out as well I take it?

Since when has Can been found out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Yeah found out put after another clean sheet lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

All that nonsense regards the penalty sort of glosses over the star of the night... Jordan Ibe. What a player we have on our hands.

when_im_in_my_8am_morning_meeting_and_someone_looks_out_the_window_and_tells_me_there_is_a_baby_car_seat_on_the_roof-95396.gif

It's only a matter of time before one of Can's mistakes costs us a goal and this place erupts. I'm a huge fan of his and think he's done well at CB but in recent weeks he has looked a little more shaky. I think now is the right time to bring Lovren back into the starting line up and move Can into his preferred position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Personally thought Lovren looked really uncomfortable in a back three. At one stage he just turned and legged it back after realising he had left a man unmarked behind him before committing a foul. Just not a natural in the formation yet. Not saying he won't become one with games. I wouldn't like to see Can moved for Southampton. Wouldn't mind seeing Balotelli sturridge and sterling as our front three on Sunday.

It's only a matter of time before one of Can's mistakes costs us a goal and this place erupts. I'm a huge fan of his and think he's done well at CB but in recent weeks he has looked a little more shaky. I think now is the right time to bring Lovren back into the starting line up and move Can into his preferred position.

tumblr_md3il0LR3V1rrqdnoo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Tbf, we erupt when anybodies mistake costs us a goal! Captain hindsights come flying outta the woodwork with "I told you so" being bandied about willy nilly. Can wont be any different, even if he is a handsome bastárd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Think its Phil Jones or Johnny Evans youve been watching, wrong Reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Agreed.

It shouldn't have been an issue as Ballotelli should have been 2nd in command of penalties.

Agreed and I think if anything if blame is to be laid it should be in the dressing room as to what happened before the match. Clearly Hendo was under the impression he was the taker as his name was likely up on a whiteboard announcing it as him. But given Balo was on the pitch I think most would agree that he was the right man for the job- however it didn't seem to me that Balo taking a peno if he was on the pitch was mentioned by Rogers before the game. Thats why confusion reigned, BR should have given the instruction that Hendo was the peno taker except if Balo was on the pitch.
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    All that nonsense regards the penalty sort of glosses over the star of the night... Jordan Ibe. What a player we have on our hands.

Just watched his highlights from tonight, he ran riot down the right wing and caused mayhem every time he got the ball. Also won us the penalty, he was the MOTM for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

He looked ok but did get turned inside out and left for dead at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

The most concerning thing tonight was sturridge. He was rusty, which is completely understandable, but he was far too greedy as well. When he signed a lot of people were concerned about the player we were signing. Hes been immense so far for liverpool but tonight he performed like the player people feared hed be. Hopefully it was just a one off, but he played like an idiot tonight. One thing im confident of, him and balotelli are not gonna get along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I see your..
    when_im_in_my_8am_morning_meeting_and_someone_looks_out_the_window_and_tells_me_there_is_a_baby_car_seat_on_the_roof-95396.gif
    And raise with a:
    74c6d56995ba5337ee98608c7d9cf9f1.400x300x26.gif

At the end of day, We've learned that henderson really needs to grow a pair. I initially thought that Sturridge was going to be the peno taker but Mario grabbed the ball and Hendo being captain made the call, letting Mario take it.

Thats fine But if Hendo was willing to take a peno and then gets talked out of it by Mario, well then I seriously question his position on being the captain of Liverpool. Watching the game real time, I was cursing Sturridge for still arguing with Mario but in fact, he was sticking up for his captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Imagine if Balo had missed that penalty. Cue an absolute shiitstorm

Unwarranted but yes, sadly.

Being the best peno taker in the world or not is absolutely no reason for him to disrespect his captain and club, having first shot at a peno or free kick is something you earn, so i'll say again Ballo has not come anywhere near having done enough to have a shout at either.

We did'nt pay 16m and 120k a week for a player who's only good at taking a peno now and again.

He is the best penalty taker so he takes the penalties. Anything else is ****ing stupid.

Unwarranted but yes, sadly.

He is the best penalty taker so he takes the penalties. Anything else is ****ing stupid.

Looking at previous penalties at other clubs, then yes you're Right... But we as supporters dont see what goes on in training.

So going on what our club captain says on tv, "six other players would be willing to step up" I think Hendo should have taken the peno.

He is sh1t. So why?
    Charlie19 wrote: »
    Looking at previous penalties at other clubs, then yes you're Right... But we as supporters dont see what goes on in training.

So going on what our club captain says on tv, "six other players would be willing to step up" I think Hendo should have taken the peno.

What has willing got to do with it though? I'd be willing.

The person deemed the best penalty taker should take the peno.
    Any thoughts based on 'earning it', having been around a long time or 'paid your dues' are utterly retarded.

We are trying to win the games, not pay lip service to those who have been at the club longer.

Some people here must not grasp that the point is to give yourself the best chance of a goal. It's a football club, not an old boys club, ye sentimental weird bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Mario did the right thing. Executive decission. Out of the way Jordan, this needs to go in. You could say Henderson bottled it by letting him have it like the mirror seem to be getting at, but I don't think that's the case.

If he wants to be captain he will need to let go of his ego from time to time.

It's about winning games, Mario clearly understands that at leas. If we win the cup no one will give a toss about it. If we got knocked out because Henderson misses the peno, he will never be let forget it.

He is sh1t. So why?

What has willing got to do with it though? I'd be willing.

The person deemed the best penalty taker should take the peno.
    Any thoughts based on 'earning it', having been around a long time or 'paid your dues' are utterly retarded.

We are trying to win the games, not pay lip service to those who have been at the club longer.

Some people here must not grasp that the point is to give yourself the best chance of a goal. It's a football club, not an old boys club, ye sentimental weird bastards.

I'd also be very willing to take a peno but thats neither here or there, i'm only going on what I saw and heard from people very close to the team.

1. Sturridge wanted Henderson to take the penalty. I would imagine that he had good faith in hendo scoring.

2. Gerrard the club captain for the last ten years or so, had no problem with Jordan taking the penalty.

Its nothing got to do with being weird or being sentimental, its just down to listening to people that have a better insight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

A lot of people making mistakes tonight with regards to the peno incident, Rodgers(having hendo on them), Balo(disrespecting the captain), Gerrard(talking out of school) Sturridge. There was only one bottler though, not something you want to see from a captain, especially someone who is gonna be permanent captain in the near future.

Henderson clearly wasn't trying to be diplomatic, he let himself be bullied. i'm no student of group dynamics, but it's a bad sign. Rodgers was rash in making him vice-captain.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd also be very willing to take a peno but thats neither here or there, i'm only going on what I saw and heard from people very close to the team.

1. Sturridge wanted Henderson to take the penalty. I would imagine that he had good faith in hendo scoring.

2. Gerrard the club captain for the last ten years or so, had no problem with Jordan taking the penalty.

Its nothing got to do with being weird or being sentimental, its just down to listening to people that have a better insight.

#penogate

I haven't seen the Gerrard thing but my understanding is that he said Mario shouldn't have taken the ball off Hendo, not that Hendo should taken the peno.
    Even if he said the latter, he is wrong.

Love Daniel, but he is wrong too. And for all the wrong reasons too most likely.

It is all down to sentimentality and being weird. Mario has a fantastic record at penalties at this point of his career, better than Daniel, Hendo and even Stevie. He also has a shiny pair of enlarged brass clangers.

More power to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Very weird incident, Henderson coming across like a .... , sturridge looking very immature still debating the incident like he didn't care there was still a match to win, Gerrard commentary, finally great peno by Balo.

Big cluster duck for rodgers to fix but it'll be all done in house by Brendan the right thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

25D88DB900000578-0-image-a-24_1424386363008.jpg

For me the worst thing from this picture is Henderson looking like he doesn't know what to do with Sturridge trying to tell him what he should be doing and Ibe looking on wondering WTF?

For what it's worth though I think Henderson would have scored the penalty. It would have set him up as the captain incumbent who can take high pressure kicks on a European night when Gerrard is gone. But that's neither here nor there.

On the other hand Balotelli's penalty record speaks for itself and I would always hand him the ball if Gerrard wasn't on the pitch.

I'm still in shock at Sturridge's penalty miss against Everton last season so I would not want him anywhere near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just listening to Gerrard.."Rules are rules, Codes are codes inside the dressing room"

That's where it should stay then in the dressing room not on ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wouldn't have had anyone near the peno over Balloteli, chaps a peno monster, but I hope this ****e gets sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just listening to Gerrard.."Rules are rules, Codes are codes inside the dressing room"

Can't help think Gerrard is not going out of his way to back up Rodgers since he wasn't offered his new contract on his terms. Was a bit pissy then and in announcing his move , and now going public with stupid comments last night that add to unrest instead of playing the whole thing down.
    Needs to STFU if u ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

At worse he hasn't made as many mistakes as Skrtel or Sakho have made when he's played. He has been one of the reasons we've been solid, not the only reason but he's played a big part in it.

You said Cans been found out at CB but want Lovren back? Why? Lovren has been proven unreliable and to be honest a complete failure for us. He does not warrant a place in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BR would want to give him a swift kick.......he's no fool, he knows what the weight of his words means.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

I don't think the incident undermines Henderson's captaincy credentials or bodes poorly for the future. Ballotelli is full on crazy and everyone knows you can't fight or reason with crazy. If he tried it would have descended into a pantomine. Mario wanted a big scene and all the attention that it would have brought ala a 4 year old throwing a hissy fit in a supermarket with his mother. I have defended his personality for years but it's clear that he has few friends in the dressing room and his presence there is causing more bad than good.

All said though, Brendan probably should have forseen this issue with Gerrard off the pitch.

I've no problem with what Gerrard said on TV, I honestly don't know what else he could have said. At least he didn't completely whiff on the incident like Hodgson did with his captain Rooney on Monday. It would have been a lot worse if Liverpool lost and played awful and Gerrard was asked to explain what went wrong. Seems strange that active players are allowed to be on such panels by their managers in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

Why in the name of jaysus is Stevie mouthing off on TV? He's only feeding the rags.

Fair play to Balotelli. He stood up and scored. Henderson bottled it he should of told Mario to foook off but didn't.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement