Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

rob316 wrote: »
    Henderson?

No, the other chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I told you already I'm not doing it and sending you the pictures. Stop trying to force me you sick bastard.
    Grand!

I'll just have to publish the pictures of you and OwaynOTT.

And believe me, NOBODY needs to see those...

*shivers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Thought I'd share this with all you kopites.... Us bitters aint all that bad!

Gavlor wrote: »

When its comes to Hillsborough Everton have shown their clsss time and time again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gavlor wrote: »
    I know, i married one:D

But she is ok now, the treatment worked:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I know, i married one:D

But she is ok now, the treatment worked:pac:

Justice for the BTJV 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Our captain has to be a guaranteed starter. At the moment, the obvious choices are Lucas and Henderson but both could come under pressure in the starting 11 if we buy in the summer and also from Emre Can.

Sakho is a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Our captain has to be a guaranteed starter. At the moment, the obvious choices are Lucas and Henderson but both could come under pressure in the starting 11 if we buy in the summer and also from Emre Can.

Sakho is a possibility.

Can? Has he even played 20 games for the club in yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oranage2 wrote: »

He's German

Sheyi Ojo twitter report
    Edward Helm @EdHelm · 3m3 minutes ago

Sheyi Ojo
    -On loan
    -Played 2 matches
    -17 years old

Now our best player 1f612.png. #wafc

Evern Sports @EvernSports · 2h2 hours ago
    Sheyi Ojo is terrorising Morgan Fox. Sheyi Ojo is 17 years of age, on loan from Liverpool.
    Sheyi Ojo takes on two Charlton players on the right hand side, but is taken down by Yoni Buyens who is ultimately booked
    Aaron Reid @aaron_reid9 · 2h2 hours ago
    How good is Sheyi ojo0 replies
    Sam Whyte @SamWhyte1 · 2h2 hours ago
    Can we keep Sheyi Ojo?!

Wigan Athletic @LaticsOfficial · 2h2 hours ago
    11' CHANCE! Crossed by @sheyi_ojo down the right and headed just wide by Marc-Antoine Fortune as he arrived late in the box. (0-0) #wafc0 replies
    CLOSE! Our key man Sheyi Ojo fires in a dangerous cross, but Leon Clarke's header is just wide. #wafc #cafc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If he scores 10 goals between now and the end of the season, i'll* strip naked outside the GPO....

*well, not me, but i know someone who will

I said in total for the season, not in the run in, so it would only be 6 goals I believe in the run in. Anyway considering we are going to win both cupss, ther will be a good few games to do it in.
    I told you already I'm not doing it and sending you the pictures. Stop trying to force me you sick bastard.

Is he trying to groom you as well? What did I say about you, you're a Lothario!
    Grand!

I'll just have to publish the pictures of you and OwaynOTT.

And believe me, NOBODY needs to see those...

*shivers*

2014-06-27-martel2.jpg

I think Kerri looks good since he got the treatment done.

anyway football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Sheyi Ojo is terrorising Morgan Fox. Sheyi Ojo is 17 years of age, on loan from Liverpool.

Misread this...was confused for a second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

At first I thought it was about some twitter scandal about him terrorising Megan Fox or something.

I also did a double take! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rodgers-warns-balotelli-you-work-8690117

Not particularly sure what else Balo has to do, I mean he was very lively and probably our best player when he came on yesterday but Rodgers still wasent impressed with him??

He goes on to talk about playing as a team yet yesterday sturridge was dribbling down blind alleys and not passing when he had the chance, now granted that's not always the case with sturridge of course but I think it's pretty poor from Rodgers to just shove balos performance aside like that.

Another one of those topics Rodgers should keep his yap shut on. Where's the comments on Lovren being awful and lallana inconsistent? Nowhere of course. Agenda driven bull**** but what's new....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would love to see a boards team in this years Irish HJC Cup..

Irish HJC Cup 2015
    Date
    pencilled in for Saturday june 6th, the weekend of the European Cup final .

Postal Cub Kiltipper Road Tallaght, Dublin 22

At 11am

Teams
    People are free to create their own teams but individual players will be drawn into teams as well. Darrens crew are champions & the team to beat. Gary's gang will want their crown back & Stevie scullys gang will feel like its their time

Entertainment/presentation
    We'll have something organised for after the tournament, accommodation will also be available for those who want to bring a WAG

Proceeds
    All proceeds are going to the HJC. Last seasons tournament raised over £3000. With the amount of notice given We'd hope to match that.

It will also double as an end of season do for the Irish kopites. Hopefully well have good weather & people will hang around for the day & night. Giving 4 months notice I hope to get up to 32 teams this year. I'd hope this site can fill at least half these teams.

We will have a deal with a local Hotel,info to follow soon. This will be a WAG friendly event.

Please pm me with entries. The committee this year includes myself, Ger Kane who done a great job with the raffle/auction last year, Gerry Farrell location manager & Paul Larkin who's the eye candy.

For more info see
    http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25103

klose wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rodgers-warns-balotelli-you-work-8690117

Not particularly sure what else Balo has to do, I mean he was very lively and probably our best player when he came on yesterday but Rodgers still wasent impressed with him??

He goes on to talk about playing as a team yet yesterday sturridge was dribbling down blind alleys and not passing when he had the chance, now granted that's not always the case with sturridge of course but I think it's pretty poor from Rodgers to just shove balos performance aside like that.

Another one of those topics Rodgers should keep his yap shut on. Where's the comments on Lovren being awful and lallana inconsistent? Nowhere of course. Agenda driven bull**** but what's new....

Man management Rodgers style. Be interesting to see if he gets a start on Sunday or even on the bench. He's been the difference in the last three games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Man management Rodgers style. Be interesting to see if he gets a start on Sunday or even on the bench. He's been the difference in the last three games.

Well rodgers has shown he can certainly turn players form around but surely a "hes dont well the last 3 games and has changed the game for the better but still has plenty more to do" line would have sufficed instead of wjat he trotted to the paper.

I mean he scored the winner in a european home game for liverpool and within 24 hours the club captain and manager have had a pop in the media? How can he stay motivated with such comments?

“We need to ensure that whatever level of the game we are playing at we have everyone working as a team and once we got the penalty he stops working. So he needs to improve on that facet of his game to play in his position, rather than standing on the side of the football field.”

Rodgers added: “He has contributed against Besiktas, he has got the penalty and scored the goal but that is what he is paid to do. He needs to keep that efficiency in his game and show that he can affect the team whether he is asked to play from the bench or from the start. In a different country and a different style of football that [goal] would be all that matters but in this team there is more to it than that.

I think that is drawing a distinction between Serie A and the EPL, and its true that the "1-0 will do" mentality is much more prevalent there than in England. Of course what actually matter is what Rodgers is telling Balotelli in private

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will Gerrard be in the Super Sunday studio for the Southampton game I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Of course what actually matter is what Rodgers is telling Balotelli in private

Something like "You have great character"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Will Gerrard be in the Super Sunday studio for the Southampton game I wonder?

I hope nobody disrespects Hendo or he'll start crying about it again....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Oranage2 wrote: »

I mean to take one of the starting midfield positions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Rodgers really is unbearable at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I mean to take one of the starting midfield positions

I was more concerned about the idea of Sakho being thought of as captain material, I'd have Skrtel over him but both look to be fairly quiet on the pitch. Actually the squad really lacks vocal players on the pitch and it's a real pity that loveren hasn't worked out (as of yet) because he looked the real deal and a potential leader that has been missing since the Carra days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sakho is a possibility.

Don't think Lucas is captain material, can see Henderson staying as VC.

I would have thought Lovren would be a good fit but his performances have demolished any hope for the moment.

Can would be the best option imo, not sure Henderson would be too happy.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was more concerned about the idea of Sakho being thought of as captain material.

He was captain of PSG and has captained France as well.

darced wrote: »
    Things like that make it easy to see why people are chomping at the bit to get rid of Rodgers,ridiculous stuff.

And only one loss in 22 games is one ofthe reasons many want Rodgers to stay.

• Advertisement

He painted a house there a while ago as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

djPSB wrote: »
    And only one loss in 22 games is one ofthe reasons many want Rodgers to stay.

He's doing a fine job atm but the constant bull**** is very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can't see too much wrong with that article. Mario still needs to work harder.

I always find it's a lot easier to like a manager if you ignore what they say because at the end of the day the vast majority of what they means very little and could be completely different to whats said in house.
    Although I would like to see him take a leaf out of Kenny's book and do some really blunt and obtuse interviews. Just to be awkward.

djPSB wrote: »
    He painted a house there a while ago as well.

Doing charity work in the community very good signs of a leader off the pitch as well.

I wouldn't pay much attention to that, sure Glen Johnson captained liverpool on a couple of occasions and probably England too.

Doing charity work in the community very good signs of a leader off the pitch as well.

Or getting caught doing something silly:)

• Advertisement

Your all forgetting Allen for captain.. Rodgers Welsh Xavi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Your all forgetting Allen for captain.. Rodgers Welsh Xavi.

We should sign the Dutch Xavi Jordy Clasie in the summer. The lad pulled the strings effortlessly in midfield last night for Feyenoord against a Roma midfield containing Pjanic, de Rossi, Nainngolan. If theres a player who actually deserves to be compared with Xavi its him. Class player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

They used to call me the "Northside Xavi" when I played under 10's.

I could be the key to unlocking this teams outstanding potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Googled eyes in midfield, Owaynette up top, Kerrigooney starting drunken fights on the sideline, and hangballlouie taking the thanks for everything the team does well, whether he's involved or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Googled eyes in midfield, Owaynette up top, Kerrigooney starting drunken fights on the sideline, and hangballlouie taking the thanks for everything the team does well, whether he's involved or not.

Pilsbury Doughboy storming off because he doesnt get penalty duties

• Advertisement

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Pilsbury Doughboy storming off because he doesnt get penalty duties

Thats the 5 aside boards team sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sheyi Ojo twitter report

Got 2 man of the match awards in a row for Wigan. And he's 17.

Big prospect as well after Sterling and Ibe. Not sure he'll get any game time at Liverpool next season though. Think he will go out on loan again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He's doing a fine job atm but the constant bull**** is very annoying.

I've to stick up for Rodgers here based on a football365 article during the week with a title 'we could have won CL' clicked obnot thinking ffs Brendan learn to **** up! However what he had said as very run of the mill - we weren't in great form early on this season, the best teams don't always progress through the comp and it if you get to the last 8 then who knows. What he was saying was, had we gone through, with the way we're going now, we'd have every chance of progressing

He doesn't help himself but the media tends to take most things he says and run a bloody mile with it

Reckon I'm a shoe in for Morenos spot, I'm a lefty, fast and if required I'll celebrate with Danny like a complete homo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Dont see much wrong with what Brendan said about balo still having to improve. I think Mario is the type of player you need treat a little harshly if your soft on him at all he will walk all over you.

Dont see much wrong with what Brendan said about balo still having to improve. I think Mario is the type of player you need treat a little harshly if your soft on him at all he will walk all over you.

Better managers than Rodgers have failed with Ballotelli.

Didn't Mourinhio say he was unmanageable?!

I'd love the lad to stay in the premiership.

But at another club..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

rarnes1 wrote:
    Better managers than Rodgers have failed with Ballotelli.

exactly..all have treated him differently because he's Mario....

fcuk that...play the way we need it or good luck Mario..ur chances of being a world class player at a big club are probly over now...

Mario loves the media attention...maybe its the only way he listens

exactly..all have treated him differently because he's Mario....

fcuk that...play the way we need it or good luck Mario..ur chances of being a world class player at a big club are probly over now...

Mario loves the media attention...maybe its the only way he listens

He obviously splits dressing rooms. Gerrard and Sturridge actions the other night point to that.

The only way he can shut everyone up is to score goals consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

D'Agger wrote: »
    I've to stick up for Rodgers here based on a football365 article during the week with a title

Football365 really has gone to the dogs in the last year and is now just a tabloid on the Web.

You could fill it's own mediawatch sectto (which tries to take the piss out of such articles) with articles from the site itself neatly everyday. Appalling biased agenda driven blogging

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He obviously splits dressing rooms. Gerrard and Sturridge actions the other night point to that.

The only way he can shut everyone up is to score goals consistently.

Regarding the dressing room......... Can seemed very eager to get Sturridge to recognise Balo's goal.

To be fair to Gerrard, after hearing what he said live and reading it a few times it really wasn't overly inflammatory.

I think there's a chance Balotelli might have found a home for years at Anfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement