Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Googled eyes in midfield, Owaynette up top, Kerrigooney starting drunken fights on the sideline, and hangballlouie taking the thanks for everything the team does well, whether he's involved or not.

I'm still coming back from my injury, we need another sap. Pity we sold Knex to La galaxy or wherever he is and that Nuri went missing in that horrible Panda explosion. Augeroooo would have been fine apart from being a City supporter.
    And I wouldn't work under Kerrigooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

darced wrote: »
    The problem is he said he didn't play well against Besitkas when he came on which is total nonsense.

He said he slacked off after scoring the peno which is not the same thing, my point is balo responds better to the stick than the carrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

They used to call me the "Northside Xavi" when I played under 10's.

I could be the key to unlocking this teams outstanding potential.

Wfta?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Googled eyes in midfield, Owaynette up top, Kerrigooney starting drunken fights on the sideline, and hangballlouie taking the thanks for everything the team does well, whether he's involved or not.

I'm great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Wfta?

Yeah. By my career ended after just one season.

Yeah. By my career ended after just one season.

I went out to them at under 15s as my mate was thrown out of our club so I joined him at wfta.

I went out to our first training session and the manager first had us go on a big run around finglas. As we were jogging along a side of the road we started getting pelted with empty bottles of bud by a load of 19/20 year olds who called themselves the dirty dozen or the nifty fifty, some bollix like that anyway.

Eventually we got away from them and back to the training pitch where I grabbed my gear and fcuk end of back to town never to return.

Great days.

He said he slacked off after scoring the peno which is not the same thing, my point is balo responds better to the stick than the carrot.

But that is bollix anyway as he was still closing down in the last few minutes. That is fact as I wanted to watch him closely as I really want to see if he is buying into how we play. Consistently slating the fella does no good IMO, his comments were stupid. Mario changed the game and kept going for the whole time he was on the pitch.

I've praised Rodgers in the last few weeks, but this **** is the reason why people get turned off him. Gerrard was also out of order the other night, and it came across as vindictive IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Maybe the penny has finally dropped with Mario.

He has done really well in the last few games, the crucial difference being his actual work rate. Maybe the penny has dropped that if he works harder for the team he is better appreciated by all around him and in turn leads him to having more of a contribution.

Rodger is maybe right to keep him on his toes. He was a special kind of useless for the majority of his Liverpool career and earlier this season rodgers was loath to criticise him when he deserved it.

Now he has received criticism, has been dropped and has come back with a level of effort and performance that's far, far better than what's gone before. Keep him on his toes I say.

Mario can be a serious asset if he keeps up this level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

But that is bollix anyway as he was still closing down in the last few minutes. That is fact as I wanted to watch him closely as I really want to see if he is buying into how we play. Consistently slating the fella does no good IMO, his comments were stupid. Mario changed the game and kept going for the whole time he was on the pitch.

I've praised Rodgers in the last few weeks, but this **** is the reason why people get turned off him. Gerrard was also out of order the other night, and it came across as vindictive IMO.

Fair point, Rodgers may or may not have been giving his honest opinion on Mario's performance only he knows that,,, I just think to praise Mario prematurely would be counter productive, some players respond best when criticised. We kind of seen the same thing with sturridge early on Rodgers rarely praised him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Jesus that lot.

Yeah bunch of saps (not the good type)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Augeo wrote: »
    Regarding the dressing room......... Can seemed very eager to get Sturridge to recognise Balo's goal.

To be fair to Gerrard, after hearing what he said live and reading it a few times it really wasn't overly inflammatory.

I think there's a chance Balotelli might have found a home for years at Anfield :)

Two goals and he has a home for years?

It may take a little more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

djPSB wrote: »

I'm guessing the smilie there suggested he wasn't being entirely serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Mini derby on today in case you are utterly sick and tired of the penatly chat :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm great.
    And modest.

Every time i look at Balotelli, i get reminded of Anelka. Sold on by big clubs because of his attitude until he settled at a mid table club where he matured
    and had a great run of form and was bought by a CL club where he had a fantastic ending to his career.

I'm hoping that it's happened here for Mario but it's more likely he is trying to engineer a move to another club, imo:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

T-K-O wrote: »
    There is only one player at the club that Mario would have handed it over to.

Kolo Touré

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Young Dub Conor Masterson starting for the reds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

No it ain't after the penalty he was over at the centenary stand side away from the play strolling around and not getting involved in the closing down of players. He may have gotten back into it in the closing minutes but the team cannot afford any lapses as it's based on hard work and closing by everyone. To see him strolling only brings a resentment to the other players who are working hard all the time

I said there's a chance, dependent on what happens over the next while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I can think of a few others that should be shipped out instead of Mario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mini derby on today in case you are utterly sick and tired of the penatly chat :-)

#LFC U18s Firth, Lewis, Travis, Virtue, Masterson, Brewitt, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold, Maxwell, Madger Gomes, Phillips

#LFC U18s' Jackson, Watts, Dobie, Waldron, Hart

A few fairly obscure name in there, U16s probably!

Everton 3-0 up, not a shock. With the Benfica game on Tuesday the main players are being rested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

NukaCola wrote: »
    I hope nobody disrespects Hendo or he'll start crying about it again....

At the end of the day hendo is captain but he also needs to earn respect you shouldn't be just given it because the manager gives you an armband.

Jermaine Pennantt has signed for Wigan, which is not what Sheyi Ojo needs to hear or maybe they'll make sure to stay on opposite wings. Ojo usually plays left side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Jermaine Pennantt has signed for Wigan, which is not what Sheyi Ojo needs to hear or maybe they'll make sure to stay on opposite wings. Ojo usually plays left side.

If Jermain bloody Pennant keeps him out of the team he might as well retire now.

slingerz wrote: »
    No it ain't after the penalty he was over at the centenary stand side away from the play strolling around and not getting involved in the closing down of players. He may have gotten back into it in the closing minutes but the team cannot afford any lapses as it's based on hard work and closing by everyone. To see him strolling only brings a resentment to the other players who are working hard all the time

I didn't see that at all and as I've said I was watching Mario closely. He was the best player on the pitch for 30 minutes and there is no disputing that. If Rodgers doesn't want to praise him that's fine, but his comments were particularly ill timed considering Stevie talking out of school the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think Henderson came across the best , was obviously disappointed but got on with it and cared more about winning than whining over it , still the best choice captain to me, it's not his job to try control Balo.

What? Of course it fecking is.

If Jermain bloody Pennant keeps him out of the team he might as well retire now.

Not Rafa's best signing back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Liverpool under 18s beaten 5-0 by Evertons u-18s this morning.

G'wan Teixeira!

Teixeira goal for Brighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

#LFC U18s Firth, Lewis, Travis, Virtue, Masterson, Brewitt, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold, Maxwell, Madger Gomes, Phillips

#LFC U18s' Jackson, Watts, Dobie, Waldron, Hart

A few fairly obscure name in there, U16s probably!

Everton 3-0 up, not a shock. With the Benfica game on Tuesday the main players are being rested
    Madger Gomes, his name always makes me smile:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    he's captaining from the knees too much.

Bahahaha

Liverpool under 18s beaten 5-0 by Evertons u-18s this morning.

The good news for the 2021/22 season is that the U16s beat Everton 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Another brace for teixiera today, must be their top scorer at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

klose wrote: »
    Another brace for teixiera today, must be their top scorer at this stage?

Hughton is a very good coach and like the lads who go on loan with McClaren they will grow as proper footballers.

I'd happily send players on loan to any team coached by Hughton or McClaren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I worry about arsenal. They seem to be pulling away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Jonjo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus lads why did we sell him:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hughton is a very good coach and like the lads who go on loan with McClaren they will grow as proper footballers.

I'd happily send players on loan to any team coached by Hughton or McClaren.

Agreed, mcclaren gets stick over his england tenure but he's a very good coach. Hope us recalling ibe didnt sour relations with derby, certainly a good club to have ties with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Go on the bald lad..

• Advertisement

Dont get your hopes up lads, can see Utd coming back and getting a result here.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I worry about arsenal. They seem to be pulling away.

Arsenal were always going to get top 4, should be challenging for the title with the squad they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Yuuuuuuuppp the Jonjo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Bit of bad luck there for utd...:D

We had better capitalise on Utd losing. Really important game tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

3181731-big_voldy_smile.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'll always get great joy from United losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Suddenly our next game becomes even more important. United result today was massive for both us and every other team chasing top four!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

With the way the season has gone 5 points off the champions league places with a game in hand is mad considering how bad of a start LFC had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fowler87 wrote: »
    3181731-big_voldy_smile.jpg

It's great to see Shelvey play with a smile on his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'll always get great joy from United losing.

Same. LVG doesn't give a **** though, does he? I mean, how much is it gonna cost to rent another one of these?s11cvc.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement