Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I said a few weeks ago I wouldn't be surprised if we finished ahead of united. Poor team and an over the hill manager. Up we destroy them at anfield next month.

Utd losing fantastic. Arsenal winning not so good.

Utd look very vulnerable. Crazy after spending so much cash.

Cheers Jonjo.

Now, we gotta win or at least not lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Texeria also scored a second in a 4-3 win for Brighton. He is doing extremely well on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

tritium wrote: »
    Suddenly our next game becomes even more important. United result today was massive for both us and every other team chasing top four!

A draw would not be the end of the world, but these are the games that we have to win to secure CL place. Southampton will be fired up and fresh, it's going to be a battle on the pitch and in the dug-out, have to get that midfield to show for the ball when Sakho has it and get on the front foot against them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A win is now a must, same for Soton though!

Hats off to our ex's and loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I was thinkin of sticking my head into the Chelsea thread but decided against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ah watch Jose's press conference and his after game interview it's comedy gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Afraid of some racist abuse? :pac:

Watch you for the bananas, monkey boy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Ah watch Jose's press conference and his after game interview it's comedy gold.

"four crucial moments"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"four crucial moments"

"30, 33, 43 and 69"
    "You want prawn crackers with...?"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Maybe this new deodorant is not strong enough for Hendo, he needs Lynx instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

"30, 33, 43 and 69"

If only one of the jounos had the balls to cry 'HOUSE'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tbf to Chelsea and mourinho the reffing in that game was laughable, matic was right to react like that he could have had his leg snapped in half.

Every club is getting screwed this season with reffing decisions would love to see something done about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

klose wrote: »
    Tbf to Chelsea and mourinho the reffing in that game was laughable, matic was right to react like that he could have had his leg snapped in half.

Every club is getting screwed this season with reffing decisions would love to see something done about it.

I truly, genuinely and sincerely hope and pray that this is just the tip of the iceberg of bad refereeing decisions for Chelsea and Mourinho. Bring on that pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mosstin wrote: »
    If only one of the jounos had the balls to cry 'HOUSE'.

"And what was the thunderball number?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

A win is now a must, same for Soton though!

Hats off to our ex's and loans.

I don't know. I think West Ham will get a result tommorrow so I think the Southampton game has changed from a must win to a must not lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Teixera doing well at Brighton. He has a much better chance of a career at us than Luis Alberto.

garra wrote: »
    A draw would not be the end of the world, but these are the games that we have to win to secure CL place...........
    niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't know. I think West Ham will get a result tommorrow so I think the Southampton game has changed from a must win to a must not lose.

It's certainly shaping up to be a weekend that will have a huge say on Top 4.

Currently being 4 points behind Southampton with 13 games left it would be great to get the win tomorrow and slide up to being a point behind them.

It would also leave us just 2 points Man Utd who sit in 4th tonight.

All of the recent progress has been great;
    - the defence has improved drastically, our goals against total in the PL at a glance doesn't look appalling anymore (same as Arsenal, 4 more than Man City, 3 more than Man Utd)
    - we could start the game tomorrow with Sturridge and Sterling up front with Lallana or Coutinho in the 3rd forward position with Balotelli on the bench, the team has looked slick enough for the last two months for the most part.
    - even considering the performance on Thurs' you wouldn't be mad expecting us to score and put in a solid display defensively against any PL team at the moment.

As good as it's been it's time to dig in, drive on and cement our recent good work, win tomorrow and those above us are looking over their shoulders at an in form team that is arguably better than the team that finished 2nd in last year's PL :)

I will be really really gutted if we lose tomorrow to be honest, I don't think I will be overly pleased with a draw either as I type this.

The team/squad/Rodgers collectively have dragged themselves back into having a decent chance, tomorrow can put us back again.

A win tomorrow brings expectation, anything else leaves us still hoping. I want us all to expect again rather than hope :)

• Advertisement

We are really an extra point behind Arsenal, Utd and Southampton when you take goal difference into consideration.

Really a win tomorrow is needed especially as City is next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Augeo wrote: »
    It's certainly shaping up to be a weekend that will have a huge say on Top 4.

Currently being 4 points behind Southampton with 13 games left it would be great to get the win tomorrow and slide up to being a point behind them.

It would also leave us just 2 points Man Utd who sit in 4th tonight.

All of the recent progress has been great;
    - the defence has improved drastically, our goals against total in the PL at a glance doesn't look appalling anymore (same as Arsenal, 4 more than Man City, 3 more than Man Utd)
    - we could start the game tomorrow with Sturridge and Sterling up front with Lallana or Coutinho in the 3rd forward position with Balotelli on the bench, the team has looked slick enough for the last two months for the most part.
    - even considering the performance on Thurs' you wouldn't be mad expecting us to score and put in a solid display defensively against any PL team at the moment.

As good as it's been it's time to dig in, drive on and cement our recent good work, win tomorrow and those above us are looking over their shoulders at an in form team that is arguably better than the team that finished 2nd in last year's PL :)

I will be really really gutted if we lose tomorrow to be honest, I don't think I will be overly pleased with a draw either as I type this.

The team/squad/Rodgers collectively have dragged themselves back into having a decent chance, tomorrow can put us back again.

A win tomorrow brings expectation, anything else leaves us still hoping. I want us all to expect again rather than hope :)

Ah, we aren't the form team.

ManU are the best team in the league and have won the 'Last 20 League Matches' league. Van Haal has said it so it must be true.

They are certain to qualify for the 'Last 20 League Matches' champions league next season.

I can't see liverpool losing tommorrow myself. Too much confidence in the side.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We are really an extra point behind Arsenal, Utd and Southampton when you take goal difference into consideration.

Really a win tomorrow is needed especially as City is next.

I've actually been looking at the goal difference an awful lot recently as it's looking like things will be very very tight at the 3rd, 4th, 5th position.

I'm dreading a scenario where we finish 5th on GD but I am so very hopeful that we'll look back on the points haul from the last 26 league games of 2014/2015 and think ......... that was 2013/2014 esque :pac:
    niallo27 wrote: »
    I can't see liverpool losing tommorrow myself. Too much confidence in the side.

I've backed them to win at 2/1 :)

Augeo wrote: »
    I've actually been looking at the goal difference an awful lot recently as it's looking like things will be very very tight at the 3rd, 4th, 5th position.

I'm dreading a scenario where we finish 5th on GD but I am so very hopeful that we'll look back on the points haul from the last 26 league games of 2014/2015 and think ......... that was 2013/2014 esque :pac:

They may not win but no way are they getting beat.

No wonder you are talking up our chances! :D

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    No wonder you are talking up our chances! :D

It's been said I'm prone to that sort of carry on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

As long as they don't lose tomorrow I think Liverpool will get top 4, especially after the boost of United's loss today.
    Rodgers is repeating his 2 previous season's work in getting that understanding among the team just when the crunch time of the season rolls around.

I can't see United going on another unbeaten run as long as they have from now until the season's out. Should be the best race for third and fourth in years, probably ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

"30, 33, 43 and 69"

Last one just looks bad and even worse in slow mo but Barnes had the ball was playing a pass and Matic blocked it, there were no where else for Barnes leg to go but make contact with him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Working all day lads but listening to the results and going ons on the radio at work I'd say the soccer forum made for good entertainment today :P I missed out :(

Roll on tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

New column with Alex Inglethorpe academy director. Nice to see Steve Heighway involved.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/180432-column-inglethorpe-proud-of-ibe-displays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Heighway was part of the failure during the pre-Rodolfo era it should be noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Last one just looks bad and even worse in slow mo but Barnes had the ball was playing a pass and Matic blocked it, there were no where else for Barnes leg to go but make contact with him

I thought the same. It looked bad but imo it was a complete accident. I don't think Matic should have been sent off, he only pushed him. The ref had a complete mare of a game though. Chelsea should have had two penos and Barnes should have seen red for his tackle on Ivanovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Big fúcking day tomorrow after the Utd loss.

Spurs could easily drop points too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Tomorrow could well be the hardest game we've had all season.

We have to go away to a very strong side and we pretty much have to win. We're under huge pressure.

And that's after a really tough fixture list with the likes of Coutinho and Sturridge not quite at the races over the past few games.

We're going to stumble before the end of the season. I just hope it doesn't happen in at least 2 of the 3 games against Arsenal, Utd and Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

happysat-simp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

Gbear wrote: »
    Tomorrow could well be the hardest game we've had all season.

We have to go away to a very strong side and we pretty much have to win. We're under huge pressure.

And that's after a really tough fixture list with the likes of Coutinho and Sturridge not quite at the races over the past few games.

We're going to stumble before the end of the season. I just hope it doesn't happen in at least 2 of the 3 games against Arsenal, Utd and Southampton.

Ibe, Sterling, Sturridge and Coutihno will tear them a new one.

bazza76dub wrote: »
    Ibe, Sterling, Sturridge and Coutihno will tear them a new one.

.... if on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Coutinho looked wrecked the other night. Sturridge is still only on the way back. Etc.

Southampton haven't played in 11? days

This won't be the easy game people think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

gafferino wrote: »
    New column with Alex Inglethorpe academy director. Nice to see Steve Heighway involved.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/180432-column-inglethorpe-proud-of-ibe-displays

Steve Heighway...great, another batch of Richie Partridges on the way so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We have a window of opportunity here. We're always great when we have a window of opportunity.

No, wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I know not liverpool related but how good is Gazza on fletch and Sav. Some of his stories are fantastic. Looks terrible and half of the things he said are unintelligible but my word, what a great character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Huge game today. A Soton win will see them hop over ManU and Arsenal in the table. A win for us would take us to within a point of them and also put a team not used to being in the top four under a lot of pressure. Today is about psychology for top four as much as it is about the 3 points. Soton are going to be motivated by the chance to get into third place and solidify themselves as top 4 challengers.

Chelsea 26 34 60
    Man City 26 31 55
    Arsenal 26 20 48
    Man Utd 26 18 47
    Soton 25 21 46
    Tottenham 25 5 43
    Liverpool 25 7 42

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I know not liverpool related but how good is Gazza on fletch and Sav. Some of his stories are fantastic. Looks terrible and half of the things he said are unintelligible but my word, what a great character.

Was just going to comment on it. You just want someone to look after him. Cracking player and seems a genuinely nice bloke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I think he looks and sounds a lot better than the last time I saw him on TV.

Mourinho is on Goals on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We can go to Southampton and win, no doubt about it. Being successful is all about winning games like these. Southampton are a quality side and it will in no way be easy, but this is a huge must win game. I hope the game mid week hasn't taken something out of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Huge game today. A Soton win will see them hop over ManU and Arsenal in the table. A win for us would take us to within a point of them and also put a team not used to being in the top four under a lot of pressure. Today is about psychology for top four as much as it is about the 3 points. Soton are going to be motivated by the chance to get into third place and solidify themselves as top 4 challengers.

Chelsea 26 34 60
    Man City 26 31 55
    Arsenal 26 20 48
    Man Utd 26 18 47
    Soton 25 21 46
    Tottenham 25 5 43
    Liverpool 25 7 42

A loss for us and top 4 is probably a step too far.

A loss for Southampton will be a big blow and set them back alot.

A draw and both sides are still in contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Was just going to comment on it. You just want someone to look after him. Cracking player and seems a genuinely nice bloke

He needs to learn to look after himself to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He needs to learn to look after himself to be honest.

Easier said than done with an alcoholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I always find it funny how when an average alcoholic Joe on the street hits his wife/girlfriend then he's called all sorts of names. Bu when an extremely talented sports start does it then no one gives a **** really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Great strike in training from Mario

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/latest-videos#20969

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement