Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

Easier said than done with an alcoholic.

True, unfortunately. This day last year was the last day I saw my best buddy, passed away unexpectedly in early March. A few years back he described being off the drink as the best thing that ever happened to him. Demons constantly niggle away at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I always find it funny how when an average alcoholic Joe on the street hits his wife/girlfriend then he's called all sorts of names. Bu when an extremely talented sports startdoes it then no one gives a **** really.

George Best.....old school cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Turtyturd wrote: »
    George Best.....old school cool.

Paul McGrath....he was brilliant against Italy. Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Get in West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

West ham winning :)

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ciano35 wrote: »
    West ham winning :)

Blow it up ref !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Spurs end up dropping points here, this afternoon easily becomes our biggest game of the league season so far.

Big cojones needed.

There's no way Spurs wont score.

Saying tha,t their defence looks a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Just watching the Spurs game West Ham pressing every ball with no mid week game expect the same form Southampton.

• Advertisement

Just watching the Spurs game West Ham pressing every ball with no mid week expect the same form Southampton.

Southampton will be fresher , they have had 11 days off so they should come out of the traps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Has the team been leaked or has that all stopped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Y'all just went and guaronteed a Spurs win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    True, unfortunately. This day last year was the last day I saw my best buddy, passed away unexpectedly in early March. A few years back he described being off the drink as the best thing that ever happened to him. Demons constantly niggle away at you.

Sorry to hear that. That's rough.

Just watching the Spurs game West Ham pressing every ball with no mid week game expect the same form Southampton.
    Southampton will be fresher , they have had 11 days off so they should come out of the traps.

Over half of our team today will have the experience of being in the title race almost to the end last year, they all have the CL experience and disappointment of not doing themselves justice this year.... A Thursday game is no excuse imo, get out there and show the PL this is last year's runners up.... Not this year's also rans.

Augeo wrote: »
    Over half of our team today will have the experience of being in the title race almost to the end last year, they all have the CL experience and disappointment of not doing themselves justice this year.... A Thursday game is no excuse imo, get out there and show the PL this is last year's runners up.... Not this year's also rans.

Oh I know that but I was just saying Southampton will be able to give LFC a game for 90 minutes and it's up to the manager and players to get it right today and get a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I thought the same. It looked bad but imo it was a complete accident. I don't think Matic should have been sent off, he only pushed him. The ref had a complete mare of a game though. Chelsea should have had two penos and Barnes should have seen red for his tackle on Ivanovic.

You can see why the ref did send him off, Matic got up ran at Barnes who was looking the other way and pushed him right in front of the ref, but Barnes was lucky to be on the pitch but I thought it was bad from Ivanovic to roll about 5 times as if he was badly hurt then get up right away when nothing was done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Has the lineup been leaked yet?

hammertime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

West Ham 2 up now, happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

BMJD wrote: »
    West Ham 2 up now, happy days

Such a massive game for us now. We can not loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

With us playing Man City next week I really think today is a must win.

kfallon wrote: »
    Has the lineup been leaked yet?

Not from what I can see. I think I read on this thread that the guy who was leaking the team stopped after the Echo article on it but not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

DaveSuarez wrote: »

Why Man City have been in poor form yesterday they played Newcastle who crumbled in 30 seconds by giving away a pen, A Man City team who also have a big mid game V Barca

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Huge game today. No surprise our rivals dropped points after a tiring midweek. Spurs had a tough game and that eastenders special was very draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Why Man City have been in poor form yesterday they played Newcastle who crumbled in 30 seconds by giving away a pen, A Man City team who also have a big mid game V Barca

City play at home on Tuesday, we've to play in Turkey on Thursday. They'll be a lot fresher than us. Silva and Aguero are hitting form and they've got Toure back as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DaveSuarez wrote: »

Of course today is a must win as we are playing rivals for the position that we want and a chance to catch up against Spurs and Utd.

It will give us great confidence and momentum going into the run -in that I wouldn't fear Man City next week either.

feck off spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spurs back in it! Shirley West Ham can hang on for a point

• Advertisement

Once spurs dont win here it's a good result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Spurs back in it! Shirley West Ham can hang on for a point

They can hang on and don't call me Shirley.

penalty, f'sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FFS West Ham

FT 2-2 still that's two points dropped.

Spurs got out of jail.

Still a great result for us tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Points dropped is always a good result, pity it wasn't more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

In fairness to Spurs, they've rescued a lot of points late this season. Good trait to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mosstin wrote: »
    In fairness to Spurs, they've rescued a lot of points late this season. Good trait to have.

I would say that draw feels like a win to them the way the game went. That never say die attitude could stand to them later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Quite simply today is a day when Liverpool need to "Put up or Shut Up". Nothing less than a win is acceptable, to lose or draw today will mentally be a severe blow to the team.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would say that draw feels like a win to them the way the game went. That never say die attitude could stand to them later in the season.

That said, there are 3 certainties in life;
    1. Taxes
    2. Death
    3. Spurs ****ing up a Top 4 finish

Quite simply today is a day when Liverpool need to "Put up or Shut Up". Nothing less than a win is acceptable, to lose or draw today will mentally be a severe blow to the team.

That's nonsense. A point at St. Mary's would be far from the end of the world. Would be lovely to win but to suggest that if we don't that it would be a severe blow is far off the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

More points dropped for another top 4 contender. Set up for a great weekend of results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mosstin wrote: »
    That's nonsense. A point at St. Mary's would be far from the end of the world. Would be lovely to win but to suggest that if we don't that it would be a severe blow is far off the mark.

You dont think it'll be a big blow? I mean a draw isn't the end of the world but we need a win. Man City up next also. Less than 3 points in the next 2 games will make things a lot harder if we are being honest.

While Ibe has been very good with Markovic suspended for Europe then surely you have to play him today for rotation purposes. Can he afford to drop Coutinho in such a pivotal game like today? Personally I drop Sterling in for him. I hate the idea of starting without him as we have looked so disjointed between midfield and attack without him but he looks absolutely knackered the last few games. Do we go with Balo from the start? Loads of interesting team selection headaches for Rodgers ahead of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I think Cou would do well starting from the bench today against tired defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

While Ibe has been very good with Markovic suspended for Europe then surely you have to play him today for rotation purposes. Can he afford to drop Coutinho in such a pivotal game like today? Personally I drop Sterling in for him. I hate the idea of starting without him as we have looked so disjointed between midfield and attack without him but he looks absolutely knackered the last few games. Do we go with Balo from the start? Loads of interesting team selection headaches for Rodgers ahead of this one.

Ibe is the in-form player, would not be surprised to see him start ahead of Lazor. Rotate for the city game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We'll need to play as well as we did against Spurs to get a result here. It's not going to be easy and I'm half expecting us to be too tired to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

Need to win today if we are gonna get 4th. Huge game given the other results

Has the leak been fixed at Melwood?

garra wrote: »
    Ibe is the in-form player, would not be surprised to see him start ahead of Lazor. Rotate for the city game

I really want to see Ibe again today but I just think you need to be clever. Play Ibe then the City game roles around, Ibe is on the back of another couple of good displays so he plays again at City and we persist to run him into the ground like Coutinho. We have far too many games between now and the end of the season to not have a good rotation policy or the wheels will come off the bus towards the latter end of the season. Rodgers has never really dealt with having so many games before and rotation has probably been one of the weakest areas of his tenure as manager so it's a real danger area for where this season could go up in smoke.

Markovic for 60 mins then bring on Ibe to run at them for the last 30

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement