Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Has the leak been fixed at Melwood?

No real leak as such from what I can gather. It is just lads looking over the wall at the pre-game training sessions at Melwood from which you can garner the team very quickly. The Echo article seems to have just reminded the lads leaking it to have a bit of cop on as at the end of the day they're really hurting the club they support for a bit of twitter notoriety which seems to have done the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Has the leak been fixed at Melwood?

Sakho fixed it.

259C3F2600000578-0-image-a-164_1423759504322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

garra wrote: »
    Ibe is the in-form player, would not be surprised to see him start ahead of Lazor. Rotate for the city game

Would prefer Ibe for the City game...don't know why but feel he would cause them trouble no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    You dont think it'll be a big blow? I mean a draw isn't the end of the world but we need a win. Man City up next also. Less than 3 points in the next 2 games will make things a lot harder if we are being honest.

I think that to describe an away draw against a very decent side as a severe mental blow is wrong. We need to win but it isn't the end of the challenge for 4th if we don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

The team has failed in similar situations this season to capitalise on other teams dropping points but the difference this time is that I'd be confident that we have the momentum this time around. The team seem to be getting back their belief as well so while I'd take a draw happily, there's no reason why they can't take 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

djPSB wrote: »
    Sakho fixed it.

259C3F2600000578-0-image-a-164_1423759504322.jpg
    never a good idea to paint over a leak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I really want to see Ibe again today but I just think you need to be clever. Play Ibe then the City game roles around, Ibe is on the back of another couple of good displays so he plays again at City and we persist to run him into the ground like Coutinho. We have far too many games between now and the end of the season to not have a good rotation policy or the wheels will come off the bus towards the latter end of the season. Rodgers has never really dealt with having so many games before and rotation has probably been one of the weakest areas of his tenure as manager so it's a real danger area for where this season could go up in smoke.

Yeah I know about all the over-playing of youth, but Ibe seems to be over his growing pains and looks and plays like a young man, not a boy. He's 19 and can recover quickly. We may need to play a system against City which suits Lazor more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mosstin wrote: »
    I think that to describe an away draw against a very decent side as a severe mental blow is wrong. We need to win but it isn't the end of the challenge for 4th if we don't.

I dont know. Its wont be over but with Man City, Utd and Arsenal coming up this is as much of a must win as we are going to get. Lose today and its very unlikely we'll hit top 4, draw and the chances are only slightly better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I always find it funny how when an average alcoholic Joe on the street hits his wife/girlfriend then he's called all sorts of names. Bu when an extremely talented sports start does it then no one gives a **** really.

It's the smell of poverty of them, that see the polarization of views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

mosstin wrote: »
    That's nonsense. A point at St. Mary's would be far from the end of the world. Would be lovely to win but to suggest that if we don't that it would be a severe blow is far off the mark.
    Honestly dont think its nonsense, the fixture list for the rest of the season is going to be tougher for liverpool than it is for southampton. Winning is a habit, a loss today would be a blow to that mental strength that the team has been building.

With a fixture list like like Liverpools today is a fulcrum point for the rest of the season.

That being said i am positive about todays game and i think the lads will put Southampton to the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Jon Stark wrote: »
    The team has failed in similar situations this season to capitalise on other teams dropping points but the difference this time is that I'd be confident that we have the momentum this time around. The team seem to be getting back their belief as well so while I'd take a draw happily, there's no reason why they can't take 3 points.

You know nothing Jon Snow Stark.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

No Sakho or Sturridge, no spine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Migs
    Can Skrtel Lovren
    Marko Allen Henderson Ibe
    Coutinho Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

If the team news is correct and Rodgers has left both Sturridge and Balotelli on the bench I really don't know what he sees during games.

Migs
    Can Skrtel Lovren
    Marko Allen Henderson Ibe
    Coutinho Sterling

Playing with 11 would be a good start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

What's the story with no Sakho today? Only seen the last 10 mins of the EL game did he play badly or get injured ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

djPSB wrote: »
    Playing with 11 would be a good start!

Thats what Koeman expects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

What's the story with no Sakho today? Only seen the last 10 mins of the EL game did he play badly or get injured ?

A knock to his hip according to the lfc twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

22 Mignolet
    23 Can
    37 Skrtel
    06 Lovren
    33 Ibe
    14 Henderson
    24 Allen
    50 Markovic
    20 Lallana
    31 Sterling
    10 Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

mav79 wrote: »
    If the team news is correct and Rodgers has left both Sturridge and Balotelli on the bench I really don't know what he sees during games.

Leaving Ballotelli on the bench is hardly a big call. He's done OK as a sub coming on late recently but not sure Rodgers trusts him enough to start.

Sturridge is a different matter but he's just back from injury. Could be feeling a bit of tightness or a bit tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Leaving Ballotelli on the bench is hardly a big call. He's done OK as a sub coming on late recently but not sure Rodgers trusts him enough to start.

Sturridge is a different matter but he's just back from injury. Could be feeling a bit of tightness or a bit tired.

Balotelli has done a bit better than just ok the last couple of games. And while Sterling has done well up front I don't think he should be leading the line on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A lot less confident having seen the team. Sakho is a big loss and Id much prefer moreno over markovic.

Ballotelli and Sturridge on in the 2nd half are great options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ballotelli and Sturridge on in the 2nd half are great options

I wonder is this a punishment for Thursday night ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd say Lovren will get dogs abuse today.....and the Southampton fans prob won't be too easy on him either :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I wonder is this a punishment for Thursday night ?

Studge clearly isn't fit yet and balo on his own doesn't work as we have seen, as a double change with 20 to go it could be a worse option.

BMJD wrote: »
    feck off spurs
    22 Mignolet
    23 Can
    37 Skrtel
    06 Lovren
    33 Ibe
    14 Henderson
    24 Allen
    50 Markovic
    20 Lallana
    31 Sterling
    10 Coutinho

Story with sakho?

No Moreno either? Rodgers must think S'ton are toothless in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Sakho a huge loss. Can understand the Sturridge call. Big big opp for Lovren today. Could either make or break him. Haven't been this nervous before a game since last season. Come on boys! Three points would be outstanding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Augeo wrote: »
    Story with sakho?

Sakho has a minor hip injury. Doesn't sound too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Studge clearly isn't fit yet and balo on his own doesn't work as we have seen, as a double change with 20 to go it could be a worse option.

Ah it was a joke but it is a good point I just think BR can be very baffling with team selection I hope he gets it right today !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This thread will go into meltdown with anti-Rodgers posters if he doesn't win today after today's team selection.

murpho999 wrote: »
    This thread will go into meltdown with anti-Rodgers posters if he doesn't win today after today's team selection.

Team selection is forced rather than Rodgers being creative I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

murpho999 wrote: »

That's not true. It will go into meltdown anyway if we fail to win and all that without any help from anyone that dislikes Rodgers.

Really odd team selection. Hope it works out because this is a huge opportunity today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We are really light in midfield today. None on the bench, 3 defenders and 3 strikers

I'm telling ye in advance... I'll struggle to put a positive spin on a defeat today.

We are really light in midfield today. None on the bench, 3 defenders and 3 strikers[/QUOTE]

8 on the pitch though to be fair.... Reshuffle as required

Augeo wrote: »
    Story with sakho?

Rodgers should never have let him paint that bloody house during the week. Disgraceful management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well then, lets hope sakho is ok after today as lovren is just septic. Whole defence has turned to **** when he came in. What a disaster of a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

The lads watching the match

Z5F17C0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Nothing against Southampton but I'd love us to get a dodgy peno around 88mins.

Just to p1ss off the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We need to get the ball out to Ibe more phenomonal talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Joe Allen 15 million sterling
    Adam Lallana 25 million sterling
    Dejan Lovren 20 million sterling

Thats 60 million on players that are not performing or are not up to the standard. Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

We've been on the ropes all game bar a goal of the season contender. Marko off would be ideal as well he's not up to this.

Edit not even gonna start on Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The whole Lovren thing is a joke, right? We didn't actually pay £20m for him? Right?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The whole Lovren thing is a joke, right? We didn't actually pay £20m for him? Right?

Perfect opportunity today to just leave him behind at FT, especially if he swaps shirts. Pretend it never happened. "Sorry lad, wrong coach."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Makes big andy look like a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Huge 45 minutes, would go from rank outsiders to many peoples favourites for CL football.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Allen is ball playing midfielder and he's done ok at that over the past few games.

He just isn't a tackler and he's never going to be able to play the sort of destroyer role that Lucas did.

You can see why we bought him - he was versatile and a decent squad option even at the time we bought him.
    The problem is that he hasn't really progressed in the time he's been here and his ability to stay fit is probably a factor in that.

To ever become anything he needed to show the ability to slot in in more attacking positions and have some sort of impact on games.
    As things stand he just fills a jersey. He usually does the bare minimum but seldom any more.

Need to make a change, Nothing happening in attack. Sterling needs help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Need to make a change, Nothing happening in attack. Sterling needs help

And he got it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement