Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Pretty remarkable the way we have got ourselves back in the top 4 race. Players and management deserve lots of credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Five clean sheet away from home on the bounce for the first time since 1985.

Mig out!

#timeformetae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Hopefully Lovren gets dropped off to the nearest pawn shop on the way home and Joe Allen humanely put down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've never given less of a shíte about a bad performance.

Big win, and big balls shown by all of them.

I've been one of Skrtel and Mig's biggest critics. Both were brilliant today. Mig was calm and assured, and Skrtel destroyed Pellé.

The difference though? Coutinho's magic. Stunning hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

brevity wrote: »
    Joe Allen 15 million sterling
    Adam Lallana 25 million sterling
    Dejan Lovren 20 million sterling

Thats 60 million on players that are not performing or are not up to the standard. Baffling.

And yet, and yet, and yet........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Two points gained on Chelsea as well. It's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Imagine if we'd a real deal manager..............................one trick pony.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

3 points off 3rd. Speechless.

Southampton and Spurs dispatched in two massive 6 pointers.

Impressive stuff.

Season is officially back on

I shall once again refrain from quoting myself :)

That's 5 wins and a draw from the last 6; Spurs, West Ham & Southampton beaten.

31 points from 42 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

Another clean sheet despite no Lucas, 3 CB formation proves successful even with the weak link of Lovren. 5 away league clean sheets on the trot according to the commentary on Sky.

7 goals conceded in the last ten PL games compared to 22 in the first 16 games.

Allen did ok with Henderson to be fair. I'd describe Allen's performance as functional, there's not too much wrong with it while he's not ideal, he's not a bad option to have in the squad. Comes in and isn't a passenger, does a job in a position & formation he wouldn't have seen himself playing when signing, can't knock him to be fair.

Fantastic strike from Coutinho proved so so valuable as the first half went on, Sterling poaches ones for the much needed breathing space.

Ignoring my optimism before the game a win away to S'ton isn't to be sneered at. We've beaten them home and away this season.

Great 3 points, as I said yesterday win today and we move from hope to expectation, we are firmly in the mix for top 4, in good form, impressive ppg from the last 14 games.

Squad depth is seemingly not just in numbers, there's quality there too, they all seem to be able to come in and make the team that bit stronger in reality than it looks on paper.

2 points off Man Utd who sit in 4th, a point off Southampton who are 5th.

Well done to the team, squad, Rodgers and all the coaching staff, they've collectively dragged themselves into a position where they are not relying on too many others to mess up, and for the most part it's been pretty to watch from a football point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Things I care about: winning
    Things I don't gafb: how we win
    Ancillary benefits: lots of opposition fan saltiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Still lots of work to do but this run is very impressive. If we make top 4 it will match last seasons heroics considering where we have come from.

****ing delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Team was much better when sturridge came on, looked like conceding every few minutes before that

I think Rodgers is handling squad rotation fairly well.

Toure and Ballotelli might get a run Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pretty good team performance.

No individuals really stood out but everyone helped each other out and worked their balls off, which is what you need in a hurricane like there was today.

Really don't think Southampton deserved anything there.
    They had the early chance with the Allen penalty shout but they created virtually nothing after that.
    Some minor chaos from set pieces but that aside, we were comfortable pretty much throughout.

They're nothing special going forward. That's why they're going to fail and probably always were. Defence can only get you so far.
    They're resilient and smartly put together but they just don't have much star quality in the final third - Eriksen, Kane, Rooney, Mata, Sanchez, Ozil, Coutinho, Sturridge. They've nobody even approaching that sort of quality.

Absolutely fantastic performance and after being about 12 points behind, top 4 in now entirely in our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

New thread on the way yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Didn't play particularly well and still ran out comfy winners against a good side away. Happy days, onto Istanbul...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool not only top the last 5 form guide but also the last 10

Liverpool-10-7-3-0-19:7-24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bar Harry Kane's 96th minute equaliser for Spurs that was a perfect weekend for LFC. We have gained on everyone above us except City and Arsenal and we've leapfrogged Spurs too. Onwards to leaping over Soton soon and hopefully ManU too. This team have it in them, just need to keep plugging away now.

• Advertisement

Last 10 league games we've won 7, drawn 3, scored 19 and conceded 7.

No losses in the league since Utd on December 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just heard we haven't conceded an away goal in the league since December!

That is one hell of a statistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Skrtel MOTM & rightly so was very good today looked like a leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Excellent day. Probably an 8/10. Spurs losing would have made it a 9/10 an Sterling getting a penalty for that challenge would have made it a 10/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Did Carra just scratch his balls on live tv? He's really making himself feel at home on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Skrtel or Hendo MOTM for me today - both showed leadership. Allen isn't strong enough to win ball in the middle of the field, he's decent at doing it higher up the field but he isn't up to the physicallity of the middle of the field. Henderson on the other hand seemed to be everywhere, delighted with him.

Skrtel was incredibly solid I thought with Can switching to the LCB and Lovern coming in at RCB there was a ready made excuse for not keeping a clean sheet, delighted with not conceeding.

Outstanding run continues and a very, very good win - St.Marys is a difficult place to go and given the conditions, thought it was a very credible team performance.

On another note - if you'd asked me which WB we'd paid twenty mill for in the summer my guess would have been Ibe, he's been very solid since coming in and Markovich, having shown promising signs, was absolutely atrocious in the first half - he needs to get back to where he was a few weeks ago

Balo up top with Sturridge on Thurs, rest Coutihno & Sterling for the weekend me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

That was edge of seat stuff, big phew at the final whistle - I would see United now as our main threat for 4th, they have however a tough run in on paper dare I say....Toffees doing us a favour last day of the Season maybe ..:rolleyes:

15 Mar - Man United vs Tottenham
    22 Mar - Liverpool vs Man United
    4 Apr - Man United vs Aston Villa
    12 Apr - Man United vs Man City
    18 Apr - Chelsea vs Man United
    26 Apr Everton vs Man United

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Massive result.

My fav goal celebration from a matchthread, thank you for the words Knex.
    Knex. wrote: »
    HOLY MOTHER OF COUTINHO JESUS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Did Carra just scratch his balls on live tv? He's really making himself feel at home on the box.

Just sratching? I'll be pulling the balls of myself watching MOTD after this weekends results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

3 points off third. Teams around us faltering.

We are the team in form and momentum is with us. I really think they should achieve top 4 at least now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

murpho999 wrote: »
    3 points off third. Teams around us faltering.

We are the team in form and momentum is with us. I really think they should achieve top 4 at least now.

Still lots of winning to be done. Hell of a run to get back in it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Liverpool not only top the last 5 form guide but also the last 10

Liverpool-10-7-3-0-19:7-24

We are also top in the head to heads of teams going for 3rd/4th, important with United to come at Home and Arsenal Away.

Home form is good again and Away form is excellent.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've never given less of a shíte about a bad performance.

Big win, and big balls shown by all of them.

I've been one of Skrtel and Mig's biggest critics. Both were brilliant today. Mig was calm and assured, and Skrtel destroyed Pellé.

The difference though? Coutinho's magic. Stunning hit.

He was lucky to stay on the pitch though. He could very easily have been red carded for handling outside the box. He got away with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

It's fair to say that Phil has really been working on his shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

K-9 wrote: »
    We are also top in the head to heads of teams going for 3rd/4th, important with United to come at Home and Arsenal Away.

Home form is good again and Away form is excellent.

Massive result. For the first time in a while we're (sort of) in control of our own destiny. Got to hope we've something left for city now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Still lots of winning to be done. Hell of a run to get back in it though.

Just feel that we have had our bad run and are a better team than how we were playing but the opposite applies for those around us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

murpho999 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

That was edge of seat stuff, big phew at the final whistle - I would see United now as our main threat for 4th, they have however a tough run in on paper dare I say....Toffees doing us a favour last day of the Season maybe ..:rolleyes:

15 Mar - Man United vs Tottenham
    22 Mar - Liverpool vs Man United
    4 Apr - Man United vs Aston Villa
    12 Apr - Man United vs Man City
    18 Apr - Chelsea vs Man United
    26 Apr Everton vs Man United

Villa always roll over for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did not expect a 2-0. We got lucky with those decisions at the start, but yeah. Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Did not expect a 2-0. We got lucky with those decisions at the start, but yeah. Jaysus.

Not lucky at all, good to see cheating get punished, Southampton player stays on his feet for the first incident and it's a different game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

brevity wrote: »
    Joe Allen 15 million sterling
    Adam Lallana 25 million sterling
    Dejan Lovren 20 million sterling

Thats 60 million on players that are not performing or are not up to the standard. Baffling.

All adds up to a di Maria
    3 clowns are better than one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not lucky at all, good to see cheating get punished, Southampton player stays on his feet for the first incident and it's a different game.

But it's only good to see when it's the opposition? I watched the game with a Southampton fan and he was apoplectic when Mignolet handled it outside the box. Is that not "cheating" too? He didn't get punished.

****in hell - Jamie just came out with a stat and a half there.

We've lost a total of 4 league games after January 1st in Rodgers' entire spell as manager here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Gbear wrote: »
    ****in hell - Jamie just came out with a stat and a half there.

We've lost a total of 4 league games after January 1st in Rodgers' entire spell as manager here.

Outstanding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Outstanding

If only he could get us firing from August we'd be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Massive win in testing conditions.

Only team that played during the week to get a win. And we faced the toughest opposition.

Lovren wasn't great but nowhere near as bad as being made out. Thought Allen did a job despite all the criticism.

First time in a long time that we are in contention for the Cup, in Europe and the Top 4.

Powerful weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Solid form is solid:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

great performances from Skrtl and Mignolet today, whoda thunk we'd be saying that a couple of months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

GALVANISED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Anyone notice how we are committing those niggly/cynical fouls now when the opposition are in good positions or breaking away? Something we weren't doing before Christmas. Picked up some 'good' yellow cards of late and is no coincidence that our goals conceded stat of late is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Over the moon. Wasn't pretty but couldn't give less of a ****. A win is a win and that is a huge win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement