Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Jermain Defoe !!!!!!!!!

Fcking transfer twitter twatter has hit lads
    Is it because QPR, Leicester and Hull City have decided they can't afford him?

Whats that to the tune of?
    Galway Girl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

So Shaqiri is basically done, now to get a striker for the next 18 games. Could maybe agree a deal with LA to send Robbie Keane until May. They'd oblige I'm sure seeing as they might not want to jeopardise the Gerrard move.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    So Shaqiri is basically done, now to get a striker for the next 18 games. Could maybe agree a deal with LA to send Robbie Keane until May. They'd oblige I'm sure seeing as they might not want to jeopardise the Gerrard move.

Yeah good plan... .

What about a keeper?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah good plan... .

What about a keeper?

Mignolet is adequate for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

and its not even midnight yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jamie carraghers article about Gerrards move. He mentions that Stevie thought his place was under threat when Adam and Henderson were signed. I wouldn't of thought he be the insecure type.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894781/Steven-Gerrard-allowed-drift-away-Liverpool-needed-feel-wanted-possibly-allow-captain-leave.html

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Jamie carraghers article about Gerrards move. He mentions that Stevie thought his place was under threat when Adam and Henderson were signed. I wouldn't of thought he be the insecure type.
    Gerrard likes a cuddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/02/jermain-defoe-leicester-return-premier-league
    Jermain Defoe is set to join Leicester City from Toronto FC. The Premier League’s bottom club have jumped to the front of the queue for the striker’s signature, ahead of Queens Park Rangers, among others, and they are confident of closing the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894781/Steven-Gerrard-allowed-drift-away-Liverpool-needed-feel-wanted-possibly-allow-captain-leave.html

Havent read it yet but from your comments it feels like Carragher is letting Gerrard down in terms of **** that should be in confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

We've already thought Sturridge was coming back twice this season and it hasn't happened. Who's to say he won't break down again as soon as he comes back?

Simple fact is Sturridge can't be relied on and i don't think we can manage up front.

I think he will be back this time, as Liverpool have been managing the media that this will be his comeback period. If he doesn't they'll have created a massive rod for their own back.

What I don't want is for Liverpool to go out now and buy another average striker for 20-25m and for him not to be what we need. Buy cheap, buy twice.

We need a song for our goalkeeper, to the tune of row your boat.

Mig mig mignolet, we're all ready one nil down.

Calamity calamity calamity, while we were searching for our stream.

Insecure until Charlie Adams first day training.
    While one of the club's iconic players said to me, "I'd played against him last season and I knew he was ****e, you're gonna need to step it up this season, Craig - cos this ****'s ****."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Gbear wrote: »
    This team is geared to provide goals for strikers we don't have.

We cannot function without a proper goal-scorer. It is absolutely paramount that we find one.

We can hobble along with Mignolet and Lucas is grand as a DM but not getting a forward is writing the season off as far as I'm concerned.

It would be easier to seal off the problems at the back by getting quality replacements for the GK & Holding role, than to get a top class (necessary) striker in the January window. There's 15-20 goals straightaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Your depression is amusing me :pac:

6a2b71136bcf88181344acb60b36b49df566bb2fc1866662cf9b86435a5e66d4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I miss Joe Pesci making films.

Havent read it yet but from your comments it feels like Carragher is letting Gerrard down in terms of **** that should be in confidence.

I wouldn't say so, I'd be inclined to think that Gerrard could be well aware of what's going to be wrote.

But that's only my opinion.

Read that, Carraghers right though... Liverpool shouldnt have let him go. Rodgers has mismanaged him. Anyway, what's done is done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Jermaine Defoe Defoe....!
    Please say it isn't so.....!

Haven't written the rest yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Mignolet is adequate for the rest of the season.

No he is not ! Have you been watching him at all, he can't even kick a ball right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'm all against signing someone who bit a player playing for this team.

God i remember the outrage when Defoe literally crawled on his hands and knees to bite Mascherano. It was carnage. It went on for weeks and weeks and weeks. The media were aghast, the campaigns against him were truly vitriolic.

I can't remember his punishment, but I'm sure it was a good few months ban and fans and media alike referred to his cannibalism at every opportunity because of their moralism.

Imagine if Defoe didn't play for Liverpool and was quality for them. Imagine if he was just a decent English International who played for the likes of West Ham and Spurs. You probably wouldn't hear much about his cannibalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Did Carragher write that article? Its terrible. He eludes to the fact that Owen and McManaman are no longer idolized because they left in their prime. It was the manner in which they left that was the problem and Owen went one better obviously.

I hate saying it but I prefer listening to Neville than Carragher on MNF.

breghall wrote: »
    No he is not ! Have you been watching him at all, he can't even kick a ball right.

He's not been any worse than last season other than his mistakes have cost points this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I really hope these rumours are total rubbish. To be linked with Delph, Milner, Berahino and now Defoe is depressing. We have squad players galore we need to improve the first team. Buy these type of players and we will never get out of mid-table.

Drunk talk but wondering would FSG have the money to buy a MLS franchise? Imagine the two clubs having a close relationship, loaning players between them. Would that be illegal between two clubs owned by the same company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Augmerson wrote: »
    Drunk talk but wondering would FSG have the money to buy a MLS franchise? Imagine the two clubs having a close relationship, loaning players between them. Would that be illegal between two clubs owned by the same company?

are city not already doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They could loan Gerrard back to us...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

From Luis Suarez to Jermaine Defoe lol

If that happens FSG might as well sack everyone and start again,

Read that, Carraghers right though... Liverpool shouldnt have let him go. Rodgers has mismanaged him. Anyway, what's done is done.

It's hard to know what went on but what we do know is that he quit international football so he could prolong his Liverpool career and now he's moving on a year later.
    I think the situation would've been an awkward one to manage for a lot of managers, but i'm glad it's sorted and everyone can move on.

His next book should be an interesting one.

• Advertisement

There is already a club in New England so that won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

They could loan Gerrard back to us...

That is not beyond the bounds of possibility. Look at arsenal taking Thierry Henry for a loan spell and the kudos they got from the fanbase.

Go home.Augmerson, you're drunk.

mav79 wrote: »
    I really hope these rumours are total rubbish. To be linked with Delph, Milner, Berahino and now Defoe is depressing. We have squad players galore we need to improve the first team. Buy these type of players and we will never get out of mid-table.

I wouldn't mind milner for his workrate and experience, it be like having Dirk back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am guessing Carragher had a heads up on this a few weeks ago and it's behind some of his negativity towards 'The Rodgers' recently.

Yeah so City own New York FC isn't it? I hope FSG have had a think about it. The exposure for owning Liverpool, and then owning an MLS team, being able to loan exciting players (imagine Suso in the MLS, yeah he needs more than that but he is doing **** all right now) and then playing each other in the summer months. I think it'd be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I can see Liverpool being relegated in the next couple of years and spend some time in the wilderness ala Leeds...

It's quite clear FSG don't give a flying **** about the club.

rossc007 wrote: »
    Did Carragher write that article? Its terrible. He eludes to the fact that Owen and McManaman are no longer idolized because they left in their prime. It was the manner in which they left that was the problem and Owen went one better obviously.

I hate saying it but I prefer listening to Neville than Carragher on MNF.

I don't think Owen was ever truly idolised in fairness. He was pure class when he broke into the team, one of the most exciting players around. He absurdly wrecked his hamstring in a match at Elland Road around 2000 and that was the start of his injuries. But he was never taken to Liverpool fans hearts for whatever reason. Fowler was always the local hero.

McManaman was class, but I do think going on a freebie to Madrid when we could have got millions for him does have an effect on how he's remembered.

THOU SHALL NOT BITE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Watching a video of Henderson interview earlier he was absolutely devestated by the Gerrard news.

Dayum wrote: »
    I can see Liverpool being relegated in the next couple of years and spend some time in the wilderness ala Leeds...

Dayum!

D'ye reckon Gerrard would have stayed if he was offered the same money he's on now for another year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Dayum wrote: »

This is not clear to me at all. What makes you say this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

D'ye reckon Gerrard would have stayed if he was offered the same money he's on now for another year?

He knows his legs are gone and is doing the right thing by stepping aside.

Either that or he knows whats coming down the line and is getting out before the train derails...

8-10 wrote: »
    This is not clear to me at all. What makes you say this?

Bad eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

He's not been any worse than last season other than his mistakes have cost points this season.

And you think that's a good enough reason to keep him in goal!!! The mind boggles...

He's piss poor, kicking balls over sidelines, kicking balls off opponents, letting balls run over the end line before kicking it, flapping at crosses, no command of his area.....etc etc...

He's muck and we need a competent keeper as our defence isn't too great either. A case of one's bad but the other is worse.

Are we set to announce the Dele Alli transfer on Monday or was it pure BS speculation back in October/November?

breghall wrote: »
    And you think that's a good enough reason to keep him in goal!!! The mind boggles...

He's piss poor, kicking balls over sidelines, kicking balls off opponents, letting balls run over the end line before kicking it, flapping at crosses, no command of his area.....etc etc...

He's muck and we need a competent keeper as our defence isn't too great either. A case of one's bad but the other is worse.

It's January. No team is gonna sell a keeper of the quality we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's January. No team is gonna sell a keeper of the quality we need.

Stoke? I actually think Begovic would be of the quality we need. 27 is the right age profile to get in a keeper, already has a few years of PL experience, and why wouldn't they be open to an offer? His contact is up next year and they have a full England international in Butland ready to take the jersey and with Sorensen in reserve they'll be ok until the summer and could even use the cash for another position. Our squad is big enough too to offer a loan as part of the deal or add in Assaidi.

Lots may disagree but I'd love to see Begovic at Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

8-10 wrote: »
    Stoke? I actually think Begovic would be of the quality we need. 27 is the right age profile to get in a keeper, already has a few years of PL experience, and why wouldn't they be open to an offer? His contact is up next year and they have a full England international in Butland ready to take the jersey and with Sorensen in reserve they'll be ok until the summer and could even use the cash for another position. Our squad is big enough too to offer a loan as part of the deal or add in Assaidi.

Lots may disagree but I'd love to see Begovic at Liverpool

There was a lot of talk about him coming to us the summer we signed Mignolet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement