Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

The counter argument is that if Carra has the tools then Rodgers and his team do too
    ...so why have the issues continued unadressed

I mean the tools as in people to get footage and highlighters and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Gits_bone wrote: »
    :confused: Is your point that any body can use technology to review match footage?

Talisman wrote: »
    :confused: Is your point that any body can use technology to review match footage?

I said plenty in here could, not everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I said plenty in here could, not everyone.
    I'm still unclear how that relates to Carragher. Is your point that his use of the technology doesn't prove he knows what he's talking about in his analysis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

The annoying thing about it is that Murphy thanked my reply post and then removed it. How am i supposed to get my thanks quota up when people do that? He should be banned the fecking tease.

I think its what you might call a provisional thanks. It was accidental and deemed unsuitable when I noticed. Im afraid Im not in the business of just handing them around like sweets. You have to earn them my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    I think its what you might call a provisional thanks. It was accidental and deemed unsuitable when I noticed. Im afraid Im not in the business of just handing them around like sweets. You have to earn them my friend

I'm a whore, so I won't stop until I get those thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

But every club uses pro zone or a variant now to analyse and break down a game and individual performances. We use statistical analysis continuously now in a number of areas.

So the question remains...why have our defensive issues continue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But every club uses pro zone or a variant now to analyse and break down a game and individual performances. We use statistical analysis continuously now in a number of areas.

So the question remains...why have our defensive issues continue?

Because we brought in an analyst with potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Berahino with a hat trick..

You just know we are going to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Berahino with a hat trick..

You just know we are going to sign him.

Watch the tabloids reporting Real Madrid's interest now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we got Berahino for 14m it would be ok but we need a more experienced striker. Anything 20m+ is way too much.

Gerrard: “I wish I’d met Rodgers when I was 24 because I think I’d be sitting here talking about a lot of titles that we’d won together."

Some people on here won't be happy with that comment.

In a vacuum 14m might seem okay, but given that we are likely to get in one striker it has to be one of the better options available for similar amounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

MD1990 wrote: »

Nonsense platitude.

Particularly about a manager who has never won a single honour in his entire career :rolleyes:

Gerrard. Gifted on the pitch, but a tad dim.

Berahino would be another large risk.

He fits the FSG bullsh1t model though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You just know we're gonna spunk over the odds for Berahino.

I'd put more stock in the soundbites he gives 6-12 months from now.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nonsense platitude.

Particularly about a manager who has never won a single honour in his entire career :rolleyes:

Its a strange comment. Because he did win the CL at 24 under Benitez & then then FA Cup the year after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

joe123 wrote: »
    How reliable is DiMarzio? Saying that Shaquiri is on his way to us after Juve pulled out.

Fairly reliable he was first to break the Balotelli transfer while all the UK lads said it wasn't happening.

Inter also interested apparently, if we can't sign a player ahead of inter I give up. They have been shocking since they won the treble and are flat broke.

Shaqiri imo would be a great signing probably our best since Sturridge. At the reported fee you have absolutely nothing to loose too. A moneyball signing if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Inter have just confirmed the Podolski signing so they're probably out of contention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FA CUP Loan Watch

Wisdom on bench for WBA
    Ibe starting on bench for Derby
    Teixeira starts for Brighton and Hove Albion.

and Lloyd Jones, Kevin Stewart and Jack Dunn all start for Cheltenham v Oxford Utd in League two

BOOM! Jack Dunn and Kevin Stewart both score in 2-1 win for Chelters.

http://instagram.com/p/xZa3VVgVsC/
    http://instagram.com/p/xZbjwigVtR/

So....he would have moved to Swansea and won the Championship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Bit cúntish if thats a dig at Rafa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Nonsense platitude.

Like yourself I'd put very little in that comment.
    Would your opinion be the same I'd Gerrard said Rodgers is a spoofed??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

rob316 wrote: »
    Fairly reliable he was first to break the Balotelli transfer while all the UK lads said it wasn't happening.

Inter also interested apparently, if we can't sign a player ahead of inter I give up. They have been shocking since they won the treble and are flat broke.

Shaqiri imo would be a great signing probably our best since Sturridge. At the reported fee you have absolutely nothing to loose too. A moneyball signing if I ever saw one.

Isn't he an attacking midfielder? Do we really need another one? I'm not sure we do.

Benzino wrote: »
    Isn't he an attacking midfielder? Do we really need another one? I'm not sure we do.

Since we don't use strikers anymore the more goal scoring midfielders we can get the better.

Since we don't use strikers anymore the more goal scoring midfielders we can get the better.

29 goals in 5 years for his clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Would you sacrifice Liverpool getting relegated if they were guaranteed to win the Europa League and gain entry into the Champions League next year?

Gerrard Interview

LFCTV should have it as freeview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Dayum wrote: »
    Would you sacrifice Liverpool getting relegated if they were guaranteed to win the Europa League and gain entry into the Champions League next year?

No ffs that's ridiculous.

Edit: ah jaysus I've responded to dayum :(

RonSimmonsDamn.jpg

Hmmm

29 goals in 5 years for his clubs.

Total 230 games 48 goals and 46 assists in all competitions not bad for a 23 year old midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gerrard Interview

LFCTV should have it as freeview

He just about held it together there. I reckon the full waterworks will be out after the last home game against Palace in May.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hmmm

I give it another 2 months.

• Advertisement

He just about held it together there. I reckon the full waterworks will be out after the last home game against Palace in May.

He might even go full Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Total 230 games 48 goals and 46 assists in all competitions not bad for a 23 year old midfielder.

1 in 5 is not good enough though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Its hard to argue with stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can people stop quoting Dayum? Its bad enough I know he is on the thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If we got Berahino for 14m it would be ok but we need a more experienced striker. Anything 20m+ is way too much.

It's hard to know what to think anymore when Ross McCormack transfers between 2 championship clubs for 11m and Shane Long goes for 12m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nonsense platitude.

He has no reason to even make that comment but he obviously rates him very highly. He is the manager who brought him closest to that elusive premier league title in his second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Its hard to argue with stupid!

Well wouldn't Liverpool be guaranteed another trophy next year too - the Championship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Liverpool wont be relegated this season or win the Europa league so.........pointless to discuss it really

Champions League.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Liverpool wont be relegated this season or win the Europa league so.........pointless to discuss it really

I'd love to win the Europa this season considering the prize on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

As would I......still a great trophy and with a CL place up for grabs it makes it very interesting. Some strong teams in it too. It will be difficult to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Don't have the tactical nous or defensive solidity to negotiate a European campaign.

NukaCola wrote: »
    As would I......still a great trophy and with a CL place up for grabs it makes it very interesting. Some strong teams in it too. It will be difficult to win it.

5 ties to win it. It's obviously a cup competition and anything can happen but I'm really hoping the club are targeting it.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't have the tactical nous or defensive solidity to negotiate a European campaign.

Unfortunately you are probably right.

CL performances were awful and a serious learning curve for Rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bit cúntish if thats a dig at Rafa.

clearly is. imagine rodgers in charge of that liverpool squad back in 2004/05. they would finish bottom of the group losing nearly every game as monaco were far better outfit back then than basel are now as were olympicakos

the thought of rodgers leading that liverpool team to victory over juventus, chelsea (who were better then than now given they only lost one league game that season and only conceded 15 goals) and ac milan :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement