Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It wasn't a dig at anyone. Jesus Christ. I really do ****ing wonder sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Jesus wept. Rodgers getting a thumbs up is a dig at Rafa.. FFS

You lot astonish me. Honestly grow up

I honestly despair.. I really do

Jim Boardman dserves a slap too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Please dont go down the road of Pilsbury Doughboy and throw all your toys out of the pram at once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Jesus wept. Rodgers getting a thumbs up is a dig at Rafa.. FFS

You lot astonish me. Honestly grow up

This a thousand times.

Absolutely pathetic lot on here. (not all but some)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Shaqiri would be a brilliant signing. I know he's not a striker, and he's fairly young, but he comes with a decent amount of experience and has been the main man for Basel/Switzerland for a few years already. The goal scoring stats are a bit deceptive considering how little game time he got during his bayern years. Hes talented quick strong and has a great shot, the potential to be a brilliant player and already a very good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

He just about held it together there. I reckon the full waterworks will be out after the last home game against Palace in May.

I have to say Legend is a word that's often over used, but for a guy like Steven, its deserved...without any question or doubt..
    it broke all our hearts last season against Chelsea..but we all know it hurt him more.... the guy deserved to win one... but alas it wasn't to be...
    Steven Gerrard for all its worth, i say a simple thank you, you have made us very very happy over the years...
    and the last 20 secs of that video, well they made me cry also....
    YNWA Young Steven...thanks for all the memories :)

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Please dont go down the road of Pilsbury Doughboy and throw all your toys out of the pram at once

I'm saving my toys for when we buy Defoe. Then I'll be throwing them around like a spoilt brat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I'm not going to relpy to any replies to this in case it starts an argument. Would like to say that going somewhat OT in the gerrard thread was due to the treatment the giggs one got last season and how i felt the treat allowed was different. I've been sick the last 2 weeks, lost 2 stone and I'm riddled with antibiotic etc and not sleeping so I've been a bit off. Clarified my position on Gerrard in the thread itself, and will discuss it there if people want.

Sorry if anyone was wound up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I'm saving my toys for when we buy Defoe. Then I'll be throwing them around like a spoilt brat.

Or when we fcuk up in the negotiations for Shaqiri. A few extra toys may be required for that

I'm not going to relpy to any replies to this in case it starts an argument. Would like to say that going somewhat OT in the gerrard thread was due to the treatment the giggs one got last season and how i felt the treat allowed was different. I've been sick the last 2 weeks, lost 2 stone and I'm riddled with antibiotic etc and not sleeping so I've been a bit off. Clarified my position on Gerrard in the thread itself, and will discuss it there if people want.

Sorry if anyone was wound up.

Sounds rough. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just throw the toys my way Santa didn't give me any last week.

Or when we fcuk up in the negotiations for Shaqiri. A few extra toys may be required for that

I'm not overly excited about Shaqiri tbh. If we buy a striker and a keeper as well as him then fine but if it's just him THERE WILL BE TOYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I honestly despair.. I really do

Jim Boardman dserves a slap too

Haven't listened to the anfield wrap in ages, does boardman still contribute or what's the story? Follow most of then on twitter and he took a sharp turn down the Rodgers out camp this year whilst most of them seem to be level headed and reasonable he seems to come across as stubborn and set in his ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

the Cabin fever on this thread is terrible

• Advertisement

Did anyone read the actual interview.

Gerrard clearly wasn't having a dig at Rafa. That's tinfoil hat stuff

rarnes1 wrote: »

You don't need to read it,the video was posted on the previous page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

he sounds sick to his stomach in that interview and is close to tears.

can't believe that horrible pest rodgers has called time on the career of the champion.

who the f is rodgers. a clown, a circus manager sacked from reading and watford.

You don't need to read it,the video was posted on the previous page.

Old school!

can't believe that horrible pest rodgers has called time on the career of the champion.

who the f is rodgers. a clown, a circus manager sacked from reading and watford.

A circus manager? Duffys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

don't know why he isn't considering a season in Serie A or France. Could definitely do a job there and pick up a handy league winner's medal. Even City would take him and he could get a few medals playing at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Could it be that Rodgers finally grew a pair and told him he was playing crap and he would have to accept sub or reserves until it improved ? Did Gerard throw the toys out of the pram or really look at how his status was diminishing if he did'nt move and salvage it in the states. Was money central to this ?

He will likely write another book and this would be an interesting part to read.

In that interview Gerrard says Rodgers told him not too long ago he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Is it the wrong time to bring up a quote surrounding Joe Cole and Messi? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

But if you do, it had better be EPIC!!!

Coz Pilsburys was awesome:pac:
    rarnes1 wrote: »

Christ, rarnes, reading is soooo last milennium:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gerrard Interview

LFCTV should have it as freeview

Agree about the freeview comment.

Brilliant interview.

Interesting is that he gives the impression that it really is his decision i.e. he was never going to allow his games to be managed. Presumably he will dictate where he will play and whatever else in his MLS club.

Manager tells 35 year old player he wont play everygame.

SHOCKER

Both club and player have handled this very well. Internet .. not so much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A pic of him posing with the LA Galaxy jersey would be nice, just to completely wind up the 'football fans' trying to get the other thread closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That interview is heartbreaking.

Cant help but feel there has been a massive misunderstanding somewhere here.

brevity wrote: »
    That interview is heartbreaking.

Cant help but feel there has been a massive misunderstanding somewhere here.

There isn't.

It is pretty obvious that he thinks he can play 30/40 games a season and that he wants to maintain his earnings.

That's nice money!

About £80k a week.

I would imagine Liverpool would have matched that with a new contract.

So he isn't leaving for money reasons.

It must be down to game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

There isn't.

It is pretty obvious that he thinks he can play 30/40 games a season and that he wants to maintain his earnings.

But he must understand that he cannot.

Everyone has said he is a very humble person and an intelligent player, if that's the case, how can he not see that his appearances and his position must change?

If its a money thing, and it could well be, then that's a different argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

That's nice money!

6m dollars is 4m sterling or 80k per week. He was on a hell of a lot more at Liverpool. So what did the club offer that he has accepted 80k for 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nonsense platitude.

Particularly about a manager who has never won a single honour in his entire career :rolleyes:

Gerrard. Gifted on the pitch, but a tad dim.

Your way off the mark, out of order here and you should have a bit more respect.

gafferino wrote: »
    Your way off the mark, out of order here and you should have a bit more respect.

In fairness, and I agree it is a little OTT, he hasn't actually won anything.

In fairness, and I agree it is a little OTT, he hasn't actually won anything.

The tv money Trophy worth more than the CL.

brendan-rodgers-swansea-playoff-trophy_zps5617bf40.jpeg

• Advertisement

There isn't.

I think we might see very little of SG for the remainder of the PL games now that his future is public.

brendan-rodgers-swansea-playoff-trophy_zps5617bf40.jpeg

Promotion to the top tier isn't really considered winning something in the top tier football now.

Augeo wrote: »
    I think we might see very little of SG for the remainder of the PL games now that his future is public.

And rightly so. Season is lost so the most important thing now is to prepare for what players will be available next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

how the fcuk is the season lost? what's wrong with people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Berahino scored FOUR goals for West Brom today! There's no way we'll be able to afford his transfer fee now. Our season is doomed.

h312CBFC0

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Damien360 wrote: »
    6m dollars is 4m sterling or 80k per week. He was on a hell of a lot more at Liverpool. So what did the club offer that he has accepted 80k for 3 years.

It clearly wasn't a financial decision. If he thought he was going to get 30+ starts in each of the next 2 seasons he would have stayed I'm fairly sure.
    Augeo wrote: »

We'll still see plenty of him. He'll start at least 3 from every 4 games when fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Manager tells 35 year old player he wont play everygame.

SHOCKER

Both club and player have handled this very well. Internet .. not so much

If the club announced that we were slashing ticket prices and were sending out a nudey calendar of Linda P to every single fan you'd have people moaning about it.

It's just the way the world works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

He clearly holds Rodgers in very high regard considering he wished Brendan was at the club when he was 24. People would do well to remember that before coming on here and talkin ****e.

Gbear wrote: »
    If the club announced that we were slashing ticket prices and were sending out a nudey calendar of Linda P to every single fan you'd have people moaning about it.

It's just the way the world works.

Oh ye there would be lots of moaning alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

League is done and dusted. There's too much ground to be made up and too many teams in the way.
    That said there's still three cups to be played for so still loads at stake.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He clearly holds Rodgers in very high regard considering he wished Brendan was at the club when he was 24. People would do well to remember that before coming on here and talkin ****e.

Not that I am in any way saying he has anything but the highest regard for Rodgers, but how often do players ever say anything other than glowing things about their current boss? I take most comments about players or management from players or management with a huge pinch of salt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement