Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Is Dayum a Liverpool supporter?

Getting relegated to win the Europa cup.

A thousand monkeys and thousand typewriters and all that

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

lol, no. He is many things, but certainly not a Liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We were hoping is one of yours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

dunno how he hasn't been carded tbh..he's pretty blatant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

5starpool wrote: »
    Not that I am in any way saying he has anything but the highest regard for Rodgers, but how often do players ever say anything other than glowing things about their current boss? I take most comments about players or management from players or management with a huge pinch of salt.

Fair point,,, but he went above and beyond in that interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

We were hoping is one of yours...

I was hoping he was one of yours. He had some strange posts in the utd thread today. Was being awfully cryptic. Is he kirbys son?

That's the good thing about reddit. You don't get any of this cryptic hidden agenda fan stuff. You can add your crest to your username in the soccer sub reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was hoping he was one of yours. He had some strange posts in the utd thread today. Was being awfully cryptic. Is he kirbys son?

That's the good thing about reddit. You don't get any of this cryptic hidden agenda fan stuff. You can add your crest to your username in the soccer sub reddit.

I think he's an equal opportunitys hater. He seems to hate every group of fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

dunno how he hasn't been carded tbh..he's pretty blatant

Nah, he's alright .
    He's just well.. Dayum.. Everyone just accepts that's how he is, even when he asks the hard questions , the really tough ones other fans don't want to face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

sup lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

He clearly holds Rodgers in very high regard considering he wished Brendan was at the club when he was 24. People would do well to remember that before coming on here and talkin ****e.
    Mind boggling stuff - Rodgers was only a youth coach at the time.

• Advertisement

hCD121CD3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Damien360 wrote: »
    Could it be that Rodgers finally grew a pair and told him he was playing crap and he would have to accept sub or reserves until it improved ? .

If he's grown that particular set of balls we may struggle to field a team at times.

Though not having to bother buying or picking defenders at all might be something he'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

sup lads

well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

well

Timmy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

brevity wrote: »
    But he must understand that he cannot.

Everyone has said he is a very humble person and an intelligent player, if that's the case, how can he not see that his appearances and his position must change?

If its a money thing, and it could well be, then that's a different argument.

Effectively he is moving to a league which is not as frenetic as PL. Like Keane he WILL be getting more game time than could be expected at a top club in PL.

Telegraph-Sterling to sign until 2020

BAM gone to Madrid in the summer

We probably should sell him if we are going to continue pissing about like we have since Suarez left. Be good for him.

Especially if Dayum is right. No point having the lad play in the lower leagues

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    I think we might see very little of SG for the remainder of the PL games now that his future is public.
    5starpool wrote: »

We'll still see plenty of him. He'll start at least 3 from every 4 games when fit.

I honestly don't think he'll be starting 3 from 4 PL games, if he'll be used to that extent I imagine he'd be happy to stay around for next season.

I can't see the team being sent out for 12/13 of the remaining PL games with Gerrard in the starting eleven.

There's potentially plenty of games left to play apart from the PL though of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Especially if Dayum is right. No point having the lad play in the lower leagues

I'd let him go for Suarez money and invest it in the Brazilian league, there's a lad there called Ronaldomcdonaldo (pronounced Wonaldo) who I've been a fan of since 2006.

He's about 35 so would be happy to play in the Championship and CL simultaneously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A season late.
    Rodgers admits the Reds must now look to make marquee signings in the summer if they are to avoid dropping away from the Premier League’s elite.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/for-1030pm-liverpool-fc-boss-8378712

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Neto, Fiorentina keeper and rumoured target, confirms he's leaving the club. Out of contract in the summer but supposedly available now.

Know nothing about him.

Apparently something about Shaqiri in the Times by Northcroft..anyone got a peek behind the paywall?

Good that he decides this after burning £120 odd million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Neto, Fiorentina keeper and rumoured target, confirms he's leaving the club. Out of contract in the summer but supposedly available now.

Know nothing about him.

He'll slot straight in. We'll play both himself and Mignolet together, Neto can guard the goal and Mig can take the kickouts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Telegraph-Sterling to sign until 2020

BAM gone to Madrid in the summer

Who is this BAM you talk about?

Who is this BAM you talk about?

Hes a lad that was working on the roads till he was discovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Apparently something about Shaqiri in the Times by Northcroft..anyone got a peek behind the paywall?

Something about him been a possible target but there isn't much money available for rodgers.

@CentreTransfer: Liverpool will meet Bayern Munich for talks next week over a deal to sign Xherdan Shaqiri. (Daily Star)

(his agent is also talking to Inter next week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't think Shaqiri is the answer to any of our biggest problems or a major improvement on what we have.

Good that he decides this after burning £120 odd million.

Presumably the £120 million refers to..........

Adam Lallana £25,000,000
    Emre Can £10,000,000
    Lazar Markovic £20,000,000
    Dejan Lovren £20,000,000
    Divock Origi £10,000,000
    Alberto Moreno Perez £12,000,000
    Mario Balotelli £16,000,000

Lallana, Moreno, Can & Markovic aren't at all bad to be fair. Origi I won't comment on. There's not much of what went on that 5 that I'd condsider burnt. Paid a little over the odds for Lallana & more than a little over for Markovic admittedly.

Lovren and Balotelli are signing tragedies unfortunately but if sold in the summer you'd imagine at least £15 million of that £36 million would be raised.

I'd wager it is the owners who aren't keen on the large cost large wages marquee type signings and not Rodgers, fair enough as the money isn't coming from his pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

The team lacks balance so I reckon we shore up the defence with a new keeper, new centre half and a defensive midfielder. Obviously we need strikers and most of that will probably have to wait until the summer.

I'll be telling Brendan this the next time I see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Presumably the £120 million refers to..........

Adam Lallana £25,000,000
    Emre Can £10,000,000
    Dejan Lovren £20,000,000
    Divock Origi £10,000,000

Lallana, Moreno, Can & Markovic aren't at all bad to be fair. Origi I won't comment on. There's not much of what went on that 5 that I'd condsider burnt. Paid a little over the odds for Lallana & more than a little over for Markovic admittedly.

Lovren and Balotelli are signing tragedies unfortunately but if sold in the summer you'd imagine at least £15 million of that £36 million would be raised.

I'd wager it is the owners who aren't keen on the large cost large wages marquee type signings and not Rodgers, fair enough as the money isn't coming from his pocket.

Also take into account money received through transfers, the owners have spent feck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Some of the content of that article reads like somebody is stirring sh!t with the owners, which is not exactly what we need right now. There were a few insights in the media last month which suggested there was something going on behind the scenes and the headline of the article would suggest the game is still being played.

Talisman wrote: »
    Some of the content of that article reads like somebody is stirring sh!t with the owners, which is not exactly what we need right now. There were a few insights in the media last month which suggested there was something going on behind the scenes and the headline of the article would suggest the game is still being played.

There does seem to be something rotten at the core of everything going on behind the scenes.

Thats all I'm going to say about it otherwise I'll be deemed of having an "agenda" or something like that,.

There does seem to be something rotten at the core of everything going on behind the scenes.

Thats all I'm going to say about it otherwise I'll be deemed of having an "agenda" or something like that,.

Or maybe that's all your going to say as you have nothing to back up what you are saying, not even something to explain why you feel like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He clearly holds Rodgers in very high regard considering he wished Brendan was at the club when he was 24. People would do well to remember that before coming on here and talkin ****e.
    FYI - the interview with Gerrard is well worth watching - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30667384

When I see Gerrard so emotional in that interview about the club and Rodgers, it seems blatantly clear to me that he does not want to leave. I reckon he wanted to stay, Rodgers wanted him to stay, but the big shots behind the scenes wanted him out. I could imagine him asking for £100k a week for another year, but the authorities higher up simply saying no. Without the assurances of the club, I cant certainly imagine Gerrard's head being turned.

I actually feel sick to be a Liverpool supporter. All the garbage that has been spouted by our own supporters has driven Gerrard out, I am pretty certain of that. I think at this stage, the management have been trying to ensure that damage limitation is in place, simply to try and protect the club against a supporters backlash. Gerrard is a consummate professional, so he will definitely try not to damage the club - at the same time, he is clearly very emotional over all this.

I never advocated paying top wages to mercenaries like Joe Cole or Maxi Rodriguez - but at the same time, some kind of recognition needs to be given to the likes of Gerrard given his stature at the club. I think that simply hasn't happened here. Carragher actually said exactly the same words I am saying, and given his treatment, I reckon he is spot on. Gerrard simply does not fit into their moneyball philosophy - so he will be ditched.

Or maybe that's all your going to say as you have nothing to back up what you are saying, not even something to explain why you feel like that?

I have spoken my mind and backed up why I think that way over the last month so I don't see the need to do it again and be attacked for having an opinion.

"agenda" "plastic fan" and all that sh1t because I don't follow the party line.

Adam Lallana £25,000,000
    Emre Can £10,000,000
    Dejan Lovren £20,000,000
    Divock Origi £10,000,000
    Despite all the money spent - not one of those players is as good as a 34 year old Steven Gerrard in the hear and now.

• Advertisement

We probably should sell him if we are going to continue pissing about like we have since Suarez left. Be good for him.

Wouldn't get much for Gerrard tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Like yourself I'd put very little in that comment.
    Would your opinion be the same I'd Gerrard said Rodgers is a spoofed??

Taken in conjunction with Rodgers performance in his role, in the transfer market & actually in his career to date, there'd at least be something to back up the "spoofer" comment.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Taken in conjunction with Rodgers performance in his role, in the transfer market
    It has been clear even since the Assaidi tranfer that Rodgers has only minimal control over transfers.

Despite all the money spent - not one of those players is as good as a 34 year old Steven Gerrard in the hear and now.

I don't know about that.... Lallana has done well as part of a front 3, Moreno is decent....Can looks a good signing too.

Position wise Lallana is the only fair comparison, in the here and now he is definitely as good as Gerrard over a game / 60 minutes imo.

Where would you play Gerrard now to most effect and who would you leave out of the 11 that started against Swansea to fit him in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

FYI - the interview with Gerrard is well worth watching - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30667384

When I see Gerrard so emotional in that interview about the club and Rodgers, it seems blatantly clear to me that he does not want to leave. I reckon he wanted to stay, Rodgers wanted him to stay, but the big shots behind the scenes wanted him out. I could imagine him asking for £100k a week for another year, but the authorities higher up simply saying no. Without the assurances of the club, I cant certainly imagine Gerrard's head being turned.

I actually feel sick to be a Liverpool supporter. All the garbage that has been spouted by our own supporters has driven Gerrard out, I am pretty certain of that. I think at this stage, the management have been trying to ensure that damage limitation is in place, simply to try and protect the club against a supporters backlash. Gerrard is a consummate professional, so he will definitely try not to damage the club - at the same time, he is clearly very emotional over all this.

I never advocated paying top wages to mercenaries like Joe Cole or Maxi Rodriguez - but at the same time, some kind of recognition needs to be given to the likes of Gerrard given his stature at the club. I think that simply hasn't happened here. Carragher actually said exactly the same words I am saying, and given his treatment, I reckon he is spot on. Gerrard simply does not fit into their moneyball philosophy - so he will be ditched.

Ah Francie, which is it?

Weren't "we" ****ing burning his effigy when he was possibly going to go to Chelsea all those years back. Gerrard has taken worse, taken serious abuse, as most professional footballers have, from rival fans and sometimes those claiming to be Liverpool fans. I'd say that **** is water off a duck's back.

I'd say it's more of the club management not willing to stump up more cash.

Thankfully he didn't say 'marquee' in the quotes, from what I searched.

I don't know about that.... Lallana has done well as part of a front 3, Moreno is decent....Can looks a good signing too.

Position wise Lallana is the only fair comparison, in the here and now he is definitely as good as Gerrard over a game / 60 minutes imo.

Where would you play Gerrard now to most effect and who would you leave out of the 11 that started against Swansea to fit him in?

Now? As opposed to when Gerrard was 27.

Maicon would be marquee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Rumours going around on twitter that Shaqiri has chosen Inter Milan over LFC.

We must be cursed or something when it comes to signing good players

• Advertisement

I think he hates to be on the bench, he wants to play all he can while he still can and he now sees that at Liverpool he won't be starting much next year. Also he no doubt knows why, physically he's not up to it anymore. 35 is a fair age in the PL, I don't think a Lampard type role appeals.... He wants games at CM pinging great passes about and he will do that in the States to great effect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement