Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Mr Alan wrote: »
    We're getting substantially worse. Despite Rodgers spending a quarter of a billion pound on players. Scary.

This is what I'm on about, "a quarter of a million" your not taking into account players out the spend is no where near that. Just pure hyperbole to make a point against Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm not saying we can't have a good defence, I am saying people need to accept that a BR team is built to defend from the front and that is in terms of attack, attack and overwhelm teams. 'Death by football'.

That is the reality whether we like it or not. I like it but we need the players for it which we currently do not.

I think you're making excuses for his failing. Excuses that don't even make sense.

For a start, didn't Rodgers abandon the "death by football" mantra? :confused:

No issue with building our defence based on high intensity from the front. In reality that should make defending easier & mean our defence is even better. Same with possession based "death by football"

Instead we have a manager who appears incapable of getting the defence to function in any way shape or form.

This is what I'm on about, "a quarter of a million" your not taking into account players out the spend is no where near that. Just pure hyperbole to make a point against Rodgers.

Can you not accept that our transfer failings ARE a point against Rodgers? I don't have to lie to do that :rolleyes:

The simple fact is we've spent nearly a quarter of a billion on players that are not doing what they were bought to do. Is selling players is irrelevant. This is not a conversation about net/gross spend, it's a point about how poor the money we're spending, is being spent.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I don't think heaping praise or criticism on a discussion board makes a difference either way

I agree. But then as fans we should make an effort to at least try and be positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think you're making excuses for his failing. Excuses that don't even make sense.

For a start, didn't Rodgers abandon the "death by football" mantra? :confused:

No issue with building our defence based on high intensity from the front. In reality that should make defending easier & mean our defence is even better. Same with possession based "death by football"

Instead we have a manager who appears incapable of getting the defence to function in any way shape or form.

Im not making any excuses, i'm just pointing out what I understand to be the BR method.

Lovren let him down I suppose. **** signing though. His management of Mignolet has been poor and has made BR look a bit silly, particularly as he signed him himself last season. Sakho too but at least he has brought him back. Toure was an astute capture.

• Advertisement

Can you not accept that our transfer failings ARE a point against Rodgers? I don't have to lie to do that :rolleyes:

I see young players that were bought this summer already being written off by so called fans and it sickens me, give them more than half a season to settle, all clubs have a degree of hit and miss in the transfer market.

I see young players that were bought this summer already being written off by so called fans and it sickens me, give them more than half a season to settle, all clubs have a degree of hit and miss in the transfer market.

Agreed. I've also maintained that a 50/50 hit rate in the transfer market is good for any manager.

But Rodgers is absolutely nowhere near that.

Genuinely, can you not even bring yourself to admit he has performed very poorly in the transfer market to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I wouldn't say anyone is being overly critical just frustrated at so many missed opportunities.

Agreed. I've also maintained that a 50/50 hit rate in the transfer market is good for any manager.

Genuinely, can you not even bring yourself to admit he has performed very poorly in the transfer market to date?

No, I believe he has taken a few punts on players that didn't work out but the outlay on those players was pretty small and can mostly be recouped, balo was a disaster, Sanho and lovern were substantial out lays but can come good yet.

You realise Suarez was a risk when signed allot of players make the leap after scoring lots of goals in Holland but flop in the pl. Suarez worked out and Rodgers got the best out of him.

No, I believe he has taken a few punts on players that didn't work out but the outlay on those players was pretty small and can mostly be recouped, balo was a disaster, Sanho and lovern were substantial out lays but can come good yet.

You realise Suarez was a risk when signed allot of players make the leap after scoring lots of goals in Holland but flop in the pl. Suarez worked out and Rodgers got the best out of him.

Ok. So just to clarify, you cannot admit that he's been poor in the transfer market to date.

Quite incredible really that you have the audacity to criticise the likes of myself or Lloyd. The simple fact is that you're not living in the real world.

I actually think fans like you are more likely to do damage to the club. The transfer business over the last number of years has been appalling & needs to be addressed so we don't make those mistakes again, yet you can't even admit it's been poor?! Incredible.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    I wouldn't say anyone is being overly critical just frustrated at so many missed opportunities.

Missed transfer opportunities? Sure we can't be sure what players we were defiantly in for and there reasons for not coming to Liverpool. Allot of stuff in the press is horse ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

The important signings for Rodgers based on money are Lallana/Lovren/Markovic then to a lesser degree Moreno/Ballotelli/Can ... from them 6 signings people are too obsessive with declaring them all terrible signings when they've not had a full season under their belts.

At the moment, Lallana/Can/Moreno look like they will come good and the other 3 have a half season to show why money was spent on them. BR will live and die by his signings like any other manager.

Critically though, our strikeforce is where the biggest deficiency lies, if you cannot score goals in the PL you will not win your games and there are too many teams with better options than us. Which is disgraceful when you think of it.

Either way we are stuck with what we have. I cannot see us properly addressing the issue like most teams that have our ambitions would do so BR will have to make it work as it is. Personally until Sturridge returns i cannot see us scoring enough goals to finish anywhere near the top4.

Ok. So just to clarify, you cannot admit that he's been poor in the transfer market to date.

Quite incredible really that you have the audacity to criticise the likes of myself or Lloyd. The simple fact is that you're not living in the real world.

I actually think fans like you are more likely to do damage to the club. The transfer business over the last number of years has been appalling & needs to be addressed so we don't make those mistakes again, yet you can't even admit it's been poor?! Incredible.

You really think what you write on here is going to have any effect on our transfer policy. I think you need to spend some time in the real world you have been away far too long.

My point is why not at least try and be positive besides doom and glom all the time.

Missed transfer opportunities? Sure we can't be sure what players we were defiantly in for and there reasons for not coming to Liverpool. Allot of stuff in the press is horse ****e

Possibly. I feel that the owners need to re think their strategy in how we purchase players. It's clear as day that unless they change their wage strategy, we will be in the doldrums for a while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BR and the transfer committee need to completely overhaul the transfer process. Its not working effectively despite massive money being spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You really think what you write on here is going to have any effect on our transfer policy. I think you need to spend some time in the real world you have been away far too long.

My point is why not at least try and be positive besides doom and glom all the time.

So why write the below then if you believe the above.
    Every fan knows where LFC should be. If we get back there it will be in spite of fans like you.

Why on gods green earth would I be positive about something that is indisputably negative?!.That's actually the behaviour of someone mentally unstable.

NukaCola wrote: »
    BR and the transfer committee need to completely overhaul the transfer process. Its not working effectively despite massive money being spent.

Exactly.

And fans pretending otherwise is embarrasing & potentially damaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

From RAWK

Rumored line up
    Mignolet
    Can , Skrtel , Sakho
    Manquilo, Henderson, Lucas , Markovic
    Gerrard , Lambert , Coutinho

So why write the below then if you believe the above.

I was speaking in more general terms, these "fans" that for some reason seem happier when we lose bring down other fans and that sad but probably wouldn't really have any baring on the club so "in spite of" was a bit much.

But the the "fans" who write off the players so quickly sicken me gonna personal level nothing to do with the club.

• Advertisement

From RAWK

Rumored line up
    Mignolet
    Can , Skrtel , Sakho
    Manquilo, Henderson, Lucas , Markovic

Good leave Sterling back in Liverpool getting a rest.

That is where to play Gerrard now for the rest of the season.

I do think Gerrard should only start in cup games now and against the top 4 in the league and be on the bench for the rest of the league games.

I think the transfer committee have bought good players with the exception of Lovren and Balotelli. The squad has more depth and options and there is quality there. The massive failing was not securing a top striker.

I was speaking in more general terms, these "fans" that for some reason seem happier when we lose bring down other fans and that sad but probably wouldn't really have any baring on the club so "in spite of" was a bit much.

But the the "fans" who write off the players so quickly sicken me gonna personal level nothing to do with the club.

I don't think anyone is writing the players off more so the price that was paid for them and how they are being used and treated at the moment.

Why on gods green earth would I be positive about something that is indisputably negative?!.That's actually the behaviour of someone mentally unstable.

Fine don't be positive, but you are overly negative and you have let your dislike of Rodgers cloud your judgement.

Exactly.

And fans pretending otherwise is embarrasing & potentially damaging.

Pretending things are worse than what they are,, is even more embarrassing.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think the transfer committee have bought good players with the exception of Lovren and Balotelli. The squad has more depth and options and there is quality there. The massive failing was not securing a top striker.

That's not the only massive failing.

Just one more, is that we keep buying players on the back of 1 decent season when their price will NEVER be any higher (Allen, Lallana, Lovren) It's actually financially stupid.

Pretending things are worse than what they are,, is even more embarrassing.

You're the one who can't admit that our transfer dealings have been poor :rolleyes:

That's not the only massive failing.

Just one more, is that we keep buying players on the back of 1 decent season when their price will NEVER be any higher (Allen, Lallana, Lovren) It's actually financially stupid.

Agree with that but those are the kind of players we know we can get. If we can get better that would be nice. Incidentally, Lallana is a classy player.

• Advertisement

Good leave Sterling back in Liverpool getting a rest.

That is where to play Gerrard now for the rest of the season.

I do think Gerrard should only start in cup games now and against the top 4 in the league and be on the bench for the rest of the league games.

Gerrard is no where near up to playing a pressing game from the front against the top teams in the PL.

He cannot be accommodated in a starting 11 against City, Chelsea, Utd or Arsenal imo.

You're the one who can't admit that our transfer dealings have been poor :rolleyes:

I can't admit because I don't agree, bar balo our signings ain't been that bad, if we signed someone else more suited to our system this season could be a hell of a lot different. I also don't believe Rodgers had much to do with his signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't worry, if Liverpool ever win a big one again it will be much sweeter for me than you because, unlike you, I never lost sight of where this club is supposed to be.
    One thing i do know is the open season for spreading slurry isn't until the 15th of January.

This kind of sh!te, grandiose, self-serving, pompous crap is just too much for me.

To the 99%, i salute you and long may you continue supporting this brilliant club.

But i cannot take any more of this rubbish.

*shakes head*

Another meltdown imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

NukaCola wrote: »
    I agree. He has been the stand out underperformer in our defence no question. But as i said above he has proven that he can defend well in different teams both club and country. He's still a decent defender, but it seems to be a trend in BR teams that they lose their heads in defence for whatever reason.

Lovren came from a set up with Wanyama and Schneiderlein shielding him. He didn't even get the opportunity to make the calamities he's made at Liverpool as those 2 cut out a lot of the danger at the source.
    If Rodgers went out and bought one physically strong and powerful I think it would go someway to solving the defensive mire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

lol, the amount of drama-queens in this thread.

• Advertisement

5live wrote: »

*shakes head*

It appears this chap has closed his account due to LuckLloyd :confused:
    A good one down.

I can't admit because I don't agree, bar balo our signings ain't been that bad

You're probably the only person in the world who thinks that. Certainly on this thread.
    if we signed someone else more suited to our system this season could be a hell of a lot different.

But we didn't. You're essentially admitting our transfer business has been poor without being able to bring yourself to say it.
    I also don't believe Rodgers had much to do with his signing.

So you think Rodgers is a liar.

Augeo wrote: »
    It appears this chap has closed his account due to LuckLloyd :confused:
    A good one down.

Histrionics like that? A good one? Don't be ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah Jaysus! 5live gone, this place is turning to crap in the last half year or so. Lost a load of good posters!

Another account closed? WTF?

• Advertisement

Are you actually sad enough to dispute my view on a poster who just closed their account? I am surprised you are that sad Alan to be honest.

You're probably the only person in the world who thinks that. Certainly on this thread.

But we didn't. You're essentially admitting our transfer business has been poor without being able to bring yourself to say it.

So you think Rodgers is a liar.

I'm saying the one major mistake made was signing Balo and BR didn't have much to do with it.

He's obviously gonna say he did to save face and protect the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You sir are delusional, if you can't see that you are often historical and ridiculous. The manner in which you post is disgraceful and you have no respect for anyone that hasn't been posting on here since the Rafa glory days or unless they freak out over every little thing they can with Rodgers and the current set up.
    Things aren't great but in fairness things haven't been great for Liverpool since the 80s.
    We had a great season last year and things went a bit wrong this season and you put the boot in straight away.

One thing i do know is the open season for spreading slurry isn't until the 15th of January.

This kind of sh!te, grandiose, self-serving, pompous crap is just too much for me.

To the 99%, i salute you and long may you continue supporting this brilliant club.

*shakes head*

Lads, wtf are ye doing to perfectly good posters?? First Doughboy and now 5live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Antonio Barragan. Full back I wouldn't mind seeing return. Having a good season for Valencia

The transfer committee love an auld Barragan Hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Goodnight sweet prince.

At least 5live had the decency not to negatively associate himself with a tv show.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

lol, the amount of drama-queens in this thread.

Seriously, I don't get this whole rage quit crap at all. I'd say most of the regulars who have closed accounts in a fit of pique have re-opened new accounts soon afterwards. There are lots of people who have just stopped posting and that's their prerogative obviously, and lots of those I wish would start posting again.

If I ever do stop posting here it won't involve an account close anyhow.

No one is doing anything to posters?!? That's a bad accusation. If people don't like whats posted then don't read the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

5starpool wrote: »
    Seriously, I don't get this whole rage quit crap at all. I'd say most of the regulars who have closed accounts in a fit of pique have re-opened new accounts soon afterwards. There are lots of people who have just stopped posting and that's their prerogative obviously, and lots of those I wish would start posting again.

If I ever do stop posting here it won't involve an account close anyhow.

It's childish and, to be honest, it largely reflected in their posting style. Even the the last 5/6 pages is pathetic stuff. Incapable of critical thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

*shakes head*

Another brother gone, when will it end!

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement