Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Lloyd's posts are parasitic, sucking the life out of the rest of us posters with his delusional and far reaching ideas. He is a nadir for infection, avoid reading his posts for your own sanity lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Lloyd's posts are parasitic, sucking the life out of the rest of us posters with his delusional and far reaching ideas. He is a nadir for infection, avoid reading his posts for your own sanity lads.

He is a quality poster who has posted here got years.

I'm not sure I've ever seen you post before? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Augeo wrote: »
    It appears this chap has closed his account due to LuckLloyd :confused:
    A good one down.

You can't blame someone else because 5live closed his account. That's bollix. He was one of my favourite posters on here and I'm hoping he will come back but he chose to close it, he wasn't forced too.

It is getting ridiculous on here the last few weeks. The amount of in-fighting going on is fcuking stupid and there is a solution to the problem; and that is is block whoever you don't want to interact with. Why let what some stranger says on the internet affect you so much that you stop posting and get so wound up that you close your account?

Can we get back to talking about football and debating different opinions we have on our club. We all want the same thing, and that is succes for the club, some of us just have different views on how we can get that success.

Also can you all thank this post as I'm a dirty little thanks whore. Especially PMY. Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

As posts go this one , for me is a low point for this thread. And considering the last few pages that's saying something

Lloyd is well capable of defending himself so I won't , suffice to say that while I don't agree with his point of view all the time we both share one passion and that's Liverpool FC and we both want it back where we believe it should be...The very top of the pile. How we get there is where our opinions differ but that doesn't mean that either opinion is invalid.

Some want success now some are prepared to wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

giphy.gif

Ha jesus this thread, long gone are the glory days of Pandas. Who will be next to pop?!

You can't blame someone else because 5live closed his account. That's bollix. .......

I'm not blaming anyone :)
    He quoted LucklyLloyd, said he was off & closed his account.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93683695&postcount=1534

He referred to LucklyLloyd's post as "This kind of sh!te, grandiose, self-serving, pompous crap is just too much for me".

Again, I'm not blaming anyone, just commented that it appears he closed his account due to LuckyLloyd, that is my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Welcome in irishskyboxer, don't mind Mr Anal hes just a little mindful of strangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Anyone have a list of posters gone in the last 12 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The block list great till the person you blocked is quoted :p

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of posters gone in the last 12 months?

Nuri Sahin was sitebanned with extreme prejudice.
    Doughboy is out
    Mike365 is out

Hmmm....dunno who else? There's a couple lads I haven't seen in awhile but I can't recall the names but know they aren't on.

Some want success now some are prepared to wait.

That's quite disingenuous.

Llyod is not a reactionary loon demanding instant success. He just wants the clubs actions to attempt to match its ambitions & for it to be heading in the right direction.

At that moment even Rodgers biggest defenders are scratching their heads at his actions & where we're at.

Welcome in irishskyboxer, don't mind Mr Anal hes just a little mindful of strangers.

Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Augmerson wrote: »
    Doughboy is out
    Mike365 is out

Hmmm....dunno who else? There's a couple lads I haven't seen in awhile but I can't recall the names but know they aren't on.

A couple of rarnes' have gone too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Doughboy is out
    Mike365 is out

Mike is back. .Harry palmr is his new name. Sure what else would he do with his personal time /his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Ffs.

Damn that predicted text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Twitters AnfieldInsider claiming Gerrard taking a big paycut when he goes Stateside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

All the big boys won their cup games. No shocks.

We're gonna **** it up,aren't we? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5starpool wrote: »
    Seriously, I don't get this whole rage quit crap at all. I'd say most of the regulars who have closed accounts in a fit of pique have re-opened new accounts soon afterwards. There are lots of people who have just stopped posting and that's their prerogative obviously, and lots of those I wish would start posting again.

If I ever do stop posting here it won't involve an account close anyhow.

Bookmarked :P

Ha jesus this thread, long gone are the glory days of Pandas. Who will be next to pop?!

haters_gonna_hate_panda-14278.jpg

The block list great till the person you blocked is quoted :p

There is a way around it, cant remember how though......pointless bit of info for you there :o

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »

Llyod is not a reactionary loon demanding instant success. .......

Serious question Alan, are you a reactionary loon?

After the Swansea game.......
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93612562&postcount=34
    Exactly.

I'll give a bit more credit than you & say that tonight was encouraging ;)

After the Leicester game...........
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93644038&postcount=611
    Wow. He actually is a cartoon character.

Time to go Brendan

From encouraging to time to go in less than a week.

Uggh worst FA Cup semi final ever is #9 on BBC'S cup moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Can we close this thread and start again?

brevity wrote: »
    No one is doing anything to posters?!? That's a bad accusation.

Lets be honest. This is down to BR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Great to see Raheem Sterling will sign a new contract. He has been fantastic and we really needed to keep him.

It means he is unlikely to go in the summer, gets higher wages. That is all it means.

Just on people leaving, the in fighting on here is the worst I've ever seen it. The thread is being ruined and the same old arguments are being dragged up every day. Posters are being judged harshly and its getting quite personal.

Why would any new poster or regular come in and give an opinion. Odds are they'll be dumped into one of two "camps" and probably be told their delusional or negative etc.

We are better than this lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Serious question Alan, are you a reactionary loon?

After the Swansea game.......
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93612562&postcount=34

After the Leicester game...........
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93644038&postcount=611

From encouraging to time to go in less than a week.

You took the two quotes out of context. The first quote was in relation to encouraging signs on the teams performance.
    The second quote was in relation to Rodgers post match interview where once again he said we showed great character which is a bit sickening to hear when you just gave away 2 goals in two minutes to lose 3 points and make up ground on all your rivals who also dropped points that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

How the opposition see Mignolet

B3ZO90BCAAAr3R2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NukaCola wrote: »
    Just on people leaving, the in fighting on here is the worst I've ever seen it. The thread is being ruined and the same old arguments are being dragged up every day. Posters are being judged harshly and its getting quite personal.

Why would any new poster or regular come in and give an opinion. Odds are they'll be dumped into one of two "camps" and probably be told their delusional or negative etc.

We are better than this lads.

The labelling of people into camps is the main issue with the thread lately but another problem is the lack of respect some posters have for others.
    That lack of respect and common decency only provokes snipping and pointless arguments.
    The bantz is ok but calling people delusional, etc is in poor taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Anal??? Ffs.

• Advertisement

Twitters AnfieldInsider claiming Gerrard taking a big paycut when he goes Stateside

His basic is less, £80k I think but from what I have read, his deal is highly incentivised to the extent that he will earn £20 mil over the 2 years of the contract.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    You took the two quotes out of context. The first quote was in relation to encouraging signs on the teams performance.
    The second quote was in relation to Rodgers post match interview where once again he said we showed great character which is a bit sickening to hear when you just gave away 2 goals in two minutes to lose 3 points and make up ground on all your rivals who also dropped points that day.

I linked to the posts so all could see the context :)

Context considered he went from saying things were encouraging to Rodgers out in the matter of a few days, context considered again he wanted Rodgers out over what he said post match, after 15 points from 24 being attained.

I'd consider that the actions of a reactionary sort, not a loon perhaps.

(lost 2 points btw, not 3)

His basic is less, £80k I think but from what I have read, his deal is highly incentivised to the extent that he will earn £20 mil over the 2 years of the contract.

Would sponsorship deals and such be worth much more in the States? Gerrard will be a massive name in American soccer over the next while and I can imagine the deals flowing in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Uggh worst FA Cup semi final ever is #9 on BBC'S cup moments.

1990 I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are we really paying for our own player to come back?

My Jesus....

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Would sponsorship deals and such be worth much more in the States? Gerrard will be a massive name in American soccer over the next while and I can imagine the deals flowing in.

Yeah I can see the big companies lapping him up IMO. Former England Captain, worldwide star, perfect fit over in big name, big brand US of A. I hope he makes a fortune over there tbh. If he is smart he will earn Beckham money over there (almost).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Like Liverpool, the glory days are gone here. We'll need to start making a few big signings or we won't even be on the 1st page of the Soccer forum!

Opr and Kess73 are two that come to mind, they used to provide some solid opinions and analysis.

Nuri is another but I still see his opinions on twitter. Fortunately the mods can't ban him from the internet!

5starpool wrote: »
    1990 I assume?

Yep....my most upsetting childhood memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

2mzclqp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I missed the first half of that match because I had to go to bloody mass. I'm sure this kind of stuff contributed greatly towards my atheism.

I linked to the posts so all could see the context :)

Context considered he went from saying things were encouraging to Rodgers out in the matter of a few days, context considered again he wanted Rodgers out over what he said post match, after 15 points from 24 being attained.

I'd consider that the actions of a reactionary sort, not a loon perhaps.

(lost 2 points btw, not 3)

It wasn't really an action of a reactionary sort. It was a Liverpool fan venting frustration at the manager after he says that the team showed great character to hold on to a draw against a team bottom of the league!

when you go from a winning position to drawing the final score I see it as 3 points lost more than 1 point gained. But you're correct, we failed to gain two further points on our rivals

Lucky charms seems to post a lot less, although that could be due to being arrested for his last photoshopped pic.

Washington Irving's around a lot less too.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Are we really paying for our own player to come back?

My Jesus....

Ah man he was never with us. There isn't the money at the club right now to bring in a proper striker, we'd need at least 25-30m sterling. Borini will go out and cover the costs of Origi. When Sturridge is back, Origi will be able to come off the bench in the 2nd half and give him a rest.

That's quite disingenuous.

Llyod is not a reactionary loon demanding instant success. He just wants the clubs actions to attempt to match its ambitions & for it to be heading in the right direction.

At that moment even Rodgers biggest defenders are scratching their heads at his actions & where we're at.

Wasn't my intention to call Lloyd a reactionary loon. Figuratively speaking Lloyd wants success sooner and considering what we achieved last season he has every right to hold the club to those high standards.

Inch-High-Private-Eye-Main-Title-Cel-Hanna-Barbera-1973.jpg

Neville did point out he was always too low in his stance in the goals.

• Advertisement

Yep, if we beat Palace that day we could have beaten United in the final and the Ferguson era might never have happened.

Another reason not to like Alan Pardew!!

Gosh massive picture for a little guy.

I am now going to search the internet to watch InchHigh Private Eye.

dogbert27 wrote: »

This. I think everyone here long knows that I think Rodgers is not the man to lead us forward. Saying there was encouraging signs on the pitch against Swansea doesn't change that. In actual fact THAT would be reactionary nonsense.

B3ZO90BCAAAr3R2.png

Hes about 2 feet too big in that pic

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement