Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Augeo wrote: »
    Why is it unacceptable?

If it's Manquilla & Markovic as wing backs/forwards with Can, Škrtel & Sakho as the 3 CBs with Lucas in front of them and Henderson in CM I see not a whole lot wrong with it.

Lambert up front is required imo as he's well accustomed to dealing with defenders from the lower leagues.

Coutinho & Gerrard as creators with Lallana coming on if/when/as required.

Big plus for me would be Sterling rested/protected from an experience against battle hardened lower league defenders.

I think he may have meant unacceptable that the team has been leaked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Why is it unacceptable?

If it's Manquilla & Markovic as wing backs/forwards with Can, Škrtel & Sakho as the 3 CBs with Lucas in front of them and Henderson in CM I see not a whole lot wrong with it.

Lambert up front is required imo as he's well accustomed to dealing with defenders from the lower leagues.

Coutinho & Gerrard as creators with Lallana coming on if/when/as required.

Big plus for me would be Sterling rested/protected from an experience against battle hardened lower league defenders.

I think he meant it's unacceptable that everyone knows the team a day before KO.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It being leaked is an issue, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

David Maddox is the Mirrorman (cue song) and says Origi will return but only if Lille find another forward in the window so its really up to them. He also mentions impending free agent Neto for 3 million and Shaqiri. The latest I've seen on him elsewhere is that he wants Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

David Maddox is the Mirrorman (cue song) and says Origi will return but only if Lille find another forward in the window so its really up to them. He also mentions impending free agent Neto for 3 million and Shaqiri. The latest I've seen on him elsewhere is that he wants Inter.

The guy that has been tweeting the leaked teams for the last while is saying the club has no interst in Shaqiri and it's his agent shopping him around.

Pinch of of salt like all things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just catching up on the last load of pages.

What the hell has happened to this place? Jesus, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think we all know Sterling hasn't got Gerrards leadership qualities but I see f*ck all wrong with 'The Rodgers' trying to give him a boost by saying he has.

I do tbh. I don't know if he has said that explicitly but if he has its a bit silly. He's 20 and already has enough pressure on him. Just a bit over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I do tbh. I don't know if he has said that explicitly but if he has its a bit silly. He's 20 and already has enough pressure on him. Just a bit over the top.

Would be pressure if he said he has to step into the role, not if he suggests that he has the ability to.

Suggesting he has the ability to effectively means he expects him to take on that responsibility.

Anyway, at least he has a rest for Wimbledon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If what Matt Smith did to Skrtel in the FA Cup is indicative of what Akinfenwa will do to him tomorrow we could be in for a long night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Why is it unacceptable?
    I Imagine he means the correct team being posted on twatter 24 hours before every match lately.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's unacceptable because the information shouldn't be public at this stage.
    I think he may have meant unacceptable that the team has been leaked!
    I think he meant it's unacceptable that everyone knows the team a day before KO.

Ya, i meant its unacceptable that our starting lineup has been leaked yet again as the good sir's above me have said, its gone on too long now for it to be anything but a leak.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Suggesting he has the ability to effectively means he expects him to take on that responsibility.

Anyway, at least he has a rest for Wimbledon.

If we keep disagreeing like this one of us are going to have to close our account. :pac:

I know if it was said to me and I was a 20 year old I'd be chuffed. He also mentioned Henderson so I would say the expectation would fall on him but apparently he won't be able to take up the responsibility because he's being played out of position and not because he doesn't look to have an ounce of leadership in his body.

If we keep disagreeing like this one of us are going to have to close our account. :pac:

:pac: 1, 2 ,3 go!

And on the missing posters thing, what happened to Dub13?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Rodgers says there's already players in the squad with the leadership qualities to fill the void left by Gerrard. He then name checks Raheem Sterling :(

Not content with seemingly turning to him to replace Suarez's goals, now we want him to replace Gerrard's leadership qualities.

I swear, if I was advising Sterling I'd be telling him to get the **** out of dodge ASAP.

The other player he mentions is Henderson, who he continues to play out of position to the detriment of both the team & the player.

You sound like those Arsenal lads at the train station shouting abuse at Wenger and telling Joel Campbell he's better off away from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Knex. wrote: »
    Just catching up on the last load of pages.

What the hell has happened to this place? Jesus, lads.

I think people are saying that all the good posters have left and took their actual decent discussion with them and that the Liverpool thread is like the movie Mean Girls, with no decent discussion and is full of crap like panda and 'the Rodgers' by thank whores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

And on the missing posters thing, what happened to Dub13?

Good question. I'd miss him around the place. I'd never leave here in a huff or anything, but find my % of LFC reading spent here decreasing every month at this stage - there are so many good twitter accounts and websites for the type of analysis that I'm interested in. What I still come here for is the banter and the community and the occasional long post analysis from some people...... Unfortunately all three aren't as strong as they were a year or two ago..... But that's life I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe Sterling is a future leader. Henderson or Mario captain, Sterling vice.

Wot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think people are saying that all the good posters have left and took their actual decent discussion with them and that the Liverpool thread is like the movie Mean Girls, with no decent discussion and is full of crap like panda and 'the Rodgers' by thank whores!

Your just bitter because no one loves you here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Kindof feels like he's gone already, did that exact tour a few weeks ago, great experience after only seeing it from the 'norm' for 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Thank you. Have a 'thanks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Great film is Mean Girls, but I've never noticed Pandas in it when I watched it. It must be in the out-takes.

But anyway I agree, it really is like the movie around here. I think 'The Turd' is just like the character who can read the weather with her nipples and Kerrigooney is the blonde lead bully who gets fat from eating all the chocolate.

Rarnes is the Lindsey Lohan character. Starts off really nice, becomes corrupted but ultimately realises that he is a strong confident woman who doesn't need these negative people in his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Great film is Mean Girls, but I've never noticed Pandas in it when I watched it. It must be in the out-takes.

But anyway I agree, it really is like the movie around here. I think 'The Turd' is just like the character who can read the weather with her nipples and Kerrigooney is the blonde lead bully who gets fat from eating all the chocolate.

Rarnes is the Lindsey Lohan character. Starts off really nice, becomes corrupted but ultimately realises that he is a strong confident woman who doesn't need these negative people in his life.

I love your name, you go Glen Co-co!

I really hope the thanks whore thing doesn't stick, hangballlouie brings a lot more to the thread.

As for all those pandas being the one panda....mind blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I'm sure I'm late to this party, but hendo is the natural successor right?

I decided upon that recently when seeing him bollock Gerrard for not playing into the corner to kill a game off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Do you have a wide set vagina and a heavy flow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

brevity wrote: »
    Do you have a wide set vagina and a heavy flow?

Yukey!

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yukey!

Its from the movie!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJR0AMnqnA

Anyways...moving onto soccer stuff.

We've been linked again with Neto. Thought we'd might go for Perin myself...he seems to be very highly rated.

I really hope the thanks whore thing doesn't stick, hangballlouie brings a lot more to the thread.

As for all those pandas being the one panda....mind blown.

He really doesn't. Worse than 'The Turd' IMO.

Mignolet would be a decent backup which is why I think we should be looking at a decent GK. Are the links with Cech gone? Would be a fantastic signing if possible.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Mignolet would be a decent backup which is why I think we should be looking at a decent GK. Are the links with Cech gone? Would be a fantastic signing if possible.

Arsenal are "favorites" for Cech it seems, according to morning rags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Lucky charms seems to post a lot less, although that could be due to being arrested for his last photoshopped pic.

Washington Irving's around a lot less too.

I'm still lurking around here, just been busy in RL :).

Was sickened watching the gerrard interview. The good thing is I will be at the last home game of the season for his farewell :)

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Ugh, would be a great signing for Arsenal.....

Vicxas wrote: »

They are just following on from the Wenger Schezney fall out story, would be very surprised to see him there, or at Liverpool.

They are just following on from the Wenger Schezney fall out story, would be very surprised to see him there, or at Liverpool.

Chelsea wont sell him to any PL team i reckon, well not for sane money.

I honestly don't see Cech leaving Chelsea until the summer. Why would he leave to join us or any other team?
    He still has a part to play at Chelsea with them being in everything still and expected to progress far in all competitions.
    And it's fair to say that he has an excellent opportunity to add to his medal haul this season at Chelsea.
    Also, I can't see many matching his wages at Chelsea.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I honestly don't see Cech leaving Chelsea until the summer. Why would he leave to join us or any other team?
    He still has a part to play at Chelsea with them being in everything still and expected to progress far in all competitions.
    And it's fair to say that he has an excellent opportunity to add to his medal haul this season at Chelsea.
    Also, I can't see many matching his wages at Chelsea.

I agree, I don't think he will leave. However, it shouldn't stop us going all out to sign him. All we can get is a no. He would, in an instant, change some of our fortunes at the back. Having someone of his stature behind them would instill a confidence in the defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

NukaCola wrote: »

Lloris available for £25m in the summer according to F365 this morning. A lot of money for a keeper. Can't see us being in the frame there even if it does materialise.

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Lloris available for £25m in the summer according to F365 this morning. A lot of money for a keeper. Can't see us being in the frame there even if it does materialise.

Lloris is a really good GK, steep fee but worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If I thought a keeper was going to be solid (no mistakes; distributes decently; makes a reasonable amount of big saves) for 5 seasons I'd say £25m is well, well worth it.

Not trying to get in any digs here but Utd have shown this season, (and us in the past also), that a very good GK and goalscorers can drag you through some poor performances. Its absolutely vital we get a good GK in, and hopefully a goalscorer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wouldn't have an issue with that either, at all.

From looking at that drafts game you can see that a lot of people set out with a strong spine.

GK, CB, MF, FW

All of them experienced in and vocal in their positions.

To look at our team, we have none of that. After spending so much this summer its incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yep, I'd take Lloris in a hearbeat. He's the perfect 'keeper for the football we like to play (ie, we can't defend for ****e, so we need a 'keeper who loves to come off his line).

We'll probably take the cheap option of Neto, Romero or Henderson though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Without a doubt I'd take Lloris. I doubt Spurs would sell to us though and if he does leave Spurs, he'll want a Champions League club rather than one who might try again next season to qualify.

I agree, I don't think he will leave. However, it shouldn't stop us going all out to sign him. All we can get is a no. He would, in an instant, change some of our fortunes at the back. Having someone of his stature behind them would instill a confidence in the defence.

If there's any chance of him leaving, we should be all over it but they shouldn't faff around either and establish quickly whether it's a go or not and move on.

We need to sign a quality keeper and one that has shown that he can do it at a high level.
    Any keeper we sign will be under immense pressure from the get-go due to Mignolet's narrative in the press.
    Keeper needs to be good with his feet, as Skrtel and co. insist on putting our keeper under pressure with the ball quite regularly. Be handy if they were a commanding presence for crossing and such as well.
    I don't know who we should go for but I wouldn't be completely happy with Lloris and I wouldn't like Begovic at all.

A keeper, a striker and a dm are a must for this window. If we could only get two it should be the both at either end of the pitch.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If I thought a keeper was going to be solid (no mistakes; distributes decently; makes a reasonable amount of big saves) for 5 seasons I'd say £25m is well, well worth it.

Can deal with crosses and quick off his line are two needed qualities as well. We nearly all ways end up with a great shot stopper though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement