Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Is there any need for this?

You do enough giving off about Alan and Lloyd and others only posting negative stuff but now when they don't you come out with this?

What exactly do you want?

Any need for what exactly? Calm down lad, I didn't attack anyone, no need to be so touchy. Fact is there's 2 pages since last night why are you upset that I posted that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Those that were slating Rodgers, calling him a "dickhead" etc, have they been on here lately giving him a bit of credit for changing things?

We've a long way to go but even after the United game I could see we actually looked like a threat going forward again.

Coutinho for all that he brings in terms of inconsistency, he needs to be in the starting 11 as he brings that bit of magic with him.

Get Sturridge back fit, hopefully bring in a quality striker in Jan (Throw 30 million at Lacazzette and test lyons resolve) and a new keeper; We can have a serious crack at top 4 and going for the Europa League.

I am struggling to see where Gerrard fits into this team now. Further forward we have the trickery and guile of Lallana and Coutinho with the pace of Sterling. With three at the back he'd be okish in Lucas' role. Other than that, possibly have him as one of the three CB's ala Can but that's clutching.

Last night was a good example of how efficient we are when no player is playing for the sake of it.

Balotelli could well be gone by the Summer I feel. Can't see him going in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Any need for what exactly? Calm down lad, I didn't attack anyone, no need to be so touchy. Fact is there's 2 pages since last night why are you upset that I posted that?

We both know what you meant by it.

joe123 wrote: »
    Those that were slating Rodgers, calling him a "dickhead" etc, have they been on here lately giving him a bit of credit for changing things?

We've a long way to go but even after the United game I could see we actually looked like a threat going forward again.

Coutinho for all that he brings in terms of inconsistency, he needs to be in the starting 11 as he brings that bit of magic with him.

Get Sturridge back fit, hopefully bring in a quality striker in Jan (Throw 30 million at Lacazzette and test lyons resolve) and a new keeper; We can have a serious crack at top 4 and going for the Europa League.

I am struggling to see where Gerrard fits into this team now. Further forward we have the trickery and guile of Lallana and Coutinho with the pace of Sterling. With three at the back he'd be okish in Lucas' role. Other than that, possibly have him as one of the three CB's ala Can but that's clutching.

Last night was a good example of how efficient we are when no player is playing for the sake of it.

Balotelli could well be gone by the Summer I feel. Can't see him going in January.

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember a single poster calling him a "Dickhead". Are you sure you didn't make that up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

we have a lot of our attacking threat back, which will make a huge difference.

we still have no interest in organising ourselves at the back though. Skrtel as the organiser back there is just loltastic.

• Advertisement

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember a single poster calling him a "Dickhead". Are you sure you didn't make that up?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93461914&postcount=7543

Unfortunately I remember catching another post after this calling him something else.

EDIT:

Hes also a degenerate don't you know.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93530361&postcount=8679

So please don't go accusing me of making stuff up thanks!

Unfortunately I remember catching another post after this calling him something else.

Well done on not biting, when you're basically being called a liar.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

EDIT:

Just exaggerating then. 1 poster does not constitute 'those'.

Tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah but Lucky Lloyd is so obviously expected to say such things I'm not sure they actually count!

EDIT:

I remember the "degenerate" one but not the "dickhead" one hence me asking and saying I might have missed it. Sorry.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Just exaggerating then. 1 poster does not constitute 'those'.

Tiresome.

My initial post was asking had those who had been slating Rodgers (and there had been plenty) over the last few weeks been on lately giving him any bit of credit. There are plenty of posts im sure youl find of various posters slagging him off. The "Dickhead statement" stuck in my mind as I remember posting how poor some of our fans are.

I actually had more to my post but then when I was essentially called out for making stuff up, I'm going to back anything I say up. Quite funny how you want to suit your own little post there.

Also tiresome.

My initial post was asking had those who had been slating Rodgers (and there had been plenty) over the last few weeks been on lately giving him any bit of credit. There are plenty of posts im sure youl find of various posters slagging him off. The "Dickhead statement" stuck in my mind as I remember posting how poor some of our fans are.

I actually had more to my post but then when I was essentially called out for making stuff up, I'm going to back anything I say up. Quite funny how you want to suit your own little post there.

Also tiresome.

If you cared you would have checked what Alan and Lloyd posted, and they both did post rather than just comment with a dig which overshadowed the rest of your stuff as it inevitably would given the circular nature of things in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I have to say last night was a good way to start off the new year . The team finally look like something has clicked for them ! Which is great to see onwards and upwards from here on out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lets all move along from the shytehawking started by one poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

2 or 3 good signings in January and were flying.

Hopefully a goalkeeper in Perin, an upgrade on Skrtel, a striker one of Lacazette/Milik and an upgrade on Joe Allen. Feyenoords Jordy Clasie would be a terrific upgrade on Allen and would cost only half the fee we paid for Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Do people still talk about liverpool in here or do the regulars just still bitch at each other the whole time.

Great win last night, was like watching us play like last year again. Can looks like a beast also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think thats a bit harsh
    His pulling his run in the box pulled the defenders back for Morenos goal
    He was involved in the press for the second goal
    His movement right pulled the centre backs and allowed Lallana go left for his second goal.

Sterling also hit the post and had a great first time shot in the first half that unfortunately went straight at Fabianski. Probably had a better game than I realised at the time. Think he just got frustrated that he hadn't scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Damien360

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Do people still talk about liverpool in here or do the regulars just still bitch at each other the whole

It used to be only after we lost or played ****e but that became so common that bitching about each other is the new norm.

Delighted with the win as I did'nt think we had 4 goals in us but one good performance does not wipe out the previous performances this season so far. Much more of the same required and a forth spot (I have to dream) before I clap Rodgers on the back.

If he reverts to form and the team are all out of position and clueless again, then I will be disappointed. Next game will tell all.

Has it ever been talked about removing the 'thank' function from these threads?

I don't see the point of it, it hurts the thread IMO, too much drivel being posted purely to get some thanks, if this was removed I think the quality of thread would increase, there'd be more talk about Liverpool and not all the cliques trying to be funny etc.. Certain posters post here just to be 'social' it seems.

I don't see the point of it, it hurts the thread IMO, too much drivel being posted purely to get some thanks, if this was removed I think the quality of thread would increase, there'd be more talk about Liverpool and not all the cliques trying to be funny etc.. Certain posters post here just to be 'social' it seems.

I will just thank you for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Last night was a very good performance and more importantly another 3 points. As I've already said on here, winning games will keep the wolves away for Rodgers and also help to change people's opinions on him as Liverpool manager.

Our next four league games we should expect 10 points. We dogged it against Burnley, and we showed something different last night, which was good to see.

Would I want Rodgers replaced tomorrow if the right person came along? absolutely. I've been strong in my conviction since the start of the season. However, he will not be replaced this season tbh so he has my full support going forward, and I want him to win every game, like I have done since he took over.

Seriously we all want the same thing, for Liverpool to be successful. The constant sniping and oneupmanship that has gone on here the past few months is ridiculous. It ruins the thread IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

The main changes are pretty much enforced through injuries, its almost as if the stars aligned and the universe itself wants rodgers to actually play our best team. Jones/johnson and lovren all getting injured at the same time is a god send, if none had been injured id almost guarantee we would still have a back 4 of johnson/skrtel/lovren and alternating between eneique and moreno for lb.
    That being said, fair play to rodgers changing things up, if he persists with last nights team for a while and see how we go with it it will go a long way to keeping me pacified at least. If he throws johnson/gerrard/lovren back in at the first chance ill be very pissed.

Last night was a very good performance and more importantly another 3 points. As I've already said on here, winning games will keep the wolves away for Rodgers and also help to change people's opinions on him as Liverpool manager.

Our next four league games we should expect 10 points. We dogged it against Burnley, and we showed something different last night, which was good to see.

Would I want Rodgers replaced tomorrow if the right person came along? absolutely. I've been strong in my conviction since the start of the season. However, he will not be replaced this season tbh so he has my full support going forward, and I want him to win every game, like I have done since he took over.

Seriously we all want the same thing, for Liverpool to be successful. The constant sniping and oneupmanship that has gone on here the past few months is ridiculous. It ruins the thread IMO.

So even after last season you're saying you would have had him replaced at the start of the season? Your post is a bit contradictory you say he has your full support yet you'd have him gone tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Going forward there are probably 3 areas we need to improve in January and next Summer.

Keeper, striker and personally I would like to see a DM like Schneiderlin in as well. Lucas has done well since going back into the side but long-term I don't think he's the answer there. Schneiderlin and Henderson would make a very tasty CM pairing. Both 25 or under as well.

Think it's fairly clear that both Ballotelli and Borini will be gone by the Summer at least along with Johnson. Origi will arrive and we probably need that other striker as well given Sturridge's injury proneness.

That leaves Gerrard and his new contract. I would like to see him retire a Liverpool player but at 34 I think he has to accept that his starting every game days are behind him and I'm not sure he has yet.

So is Rodgers now the 3rd longest serving premier league manager after Wenger and Allardyce? Madness for someone in his 3rd season only.

5starpool wrote: »
    So is Rodgers now the 3rd longest serving premier league manager after Wenger and Allardyce? Madness for someone in his 3rd season only.

Can that be correct ? Are they counting his Swansea days and adding to Liverpool days ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Damien360 wrote: »
    Can that be correct ? Are they counting his Swansea days and adding to Liverpool days ?

At one club.. So at Liverpool he is the 3rd longest serving manager in the league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Going forward there are probably 3 areas we need to improve in January and next Summer.

Keeper, striker and personally I would like to see a DM like Schneiderlin in as well. Lucas has done well since going back into the side but long-term I don't think he's the answer there. Schneiderlin and Henderson would make a very tasty CM pairing. Both 25 or under as well.

Think it's fairly clear that both Ballotelli and Borini will be gone by the Summer at least along with Johnson. Origi will arrive and we probably need that other striker as well given Sturridge's injury proneness.

That leaves Gerrard and his new contract. I would like to see him retire a Liverpool player but at 34 I think he has to accept that his starting every game days are behind him and I'm not sure he has yet.

I'd love to get Schneiderlinn in as well, I really rate him as a DM.

At one club.. So at Liverpool he is the 3rd longest serving manager in the league now.

Yep, 1 day longer than Paul Lambert if I'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement

So even after last season you're saying you would have had him replaced at the start of the season? Your post is a bit contradictory you say he has your full support yet you'd have him gone tomorrow.

I've been consistent from the start of the season in saying that I wanted him replaced, yes that might sound crazy to some but I rate him as a good manager, not a great one.

The contradictory part of your post is where I have to say you are wrong. He is the manager right now so if he does well, the club does well, simple. I don't think there is anybody on here who wants us to lose just to prove they were right about their feelings towards the manager, that is mental thinking IMO. I want him to prove me wrong and that he is more than I think he is. Win games and give us more of the same from last night and peoples opinions will change.

And that's all they are, opinions. People shouldn't be getting their knickers in a twist about other peoples opinions. Debate the views, agree to disagree if you can't find a consensus. Everything else is what ruins the thread IMO.

He should only be getting a rolling one year contract to jusitlfy the wage demands if he gets a contract at all.

Do you remember Suarez was happy with his new contract until Gerard got a bumper one a few weeks later. All players will target the top earners wages as a goal to achieve and if that person is not pulling their weight on the field then it creates tension. Or a perceived slight on a player by not paying him the same as top earner.

I honestly believe he is past it and needs to move on. His legs are not up to it. Even as a super sub, I am not sure it is a good use of resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Damien360 wrote: »

Yeah he is, posted this yesterday. More surprisingly Sam is second longest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

But you love thanking posts.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93619162#post93619162

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93618927#post93618927

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93614087#post93614087

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93612967#post93612967

Especially if they fall under the "anti-Alan clique "

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93583042#post93583042

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can action be taken against a player that an official in the game chose not to punish? I ask cos Sterlings bitchslap was seen whereas Shelveys elbow wasn't.

Can action be taken against a player that an official in the game chose not to punish? I ask cos Sterlings bitchslap was seen whereas Shelveys elbow wasn't.

It's the FA they can make up the rules as they go along.

• Advertisement

I think Neville made the point last night that the ref did see the Shelvey one. It all depends on the reports. If the ref/Lino says he seen the incidents and didn't punish them, they look like gob****es. It will be interesting to see what happens in both cases.

Yes, I have been dragged down to that level in tit for tat responses because there is a core of posters who gang up on me the whole time, if the option was removed we wouldn't have that, like I said the place would be better for it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Turned the corner I think. Playing without a striker seems to have done the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Turned the corner I think. Playing without a striker seems to have done the trick.

How odd isnt it.

Only Liverpool could have 3 strikers on the bench and none on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Vicxas wrote: »
    How odd isnt it.

Senor Rodgerista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if sterling polishes up his finishing in the next two years , by 22 he could be the best striker/attacker in europe.. progress like ronaldo progressed .. hope we can hang on to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

if sterling polishes up his finishing in the next two years , by 22 he could be the best striker/attacker in europe.. progress like ronaldo progressed .. hope we can hang on to him

Gary Neville was saying on MNF last night that he needs to work on his pure striking, if he does that he could be one of the best in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's pace to stretch teams.

that's literally all it is.

football is amazingly simple really. move the ball, stretch the game, use the space.

In my wildest dreams I can picture Sterling morphing into a Thierry Henry type player in a few years, well, we can all hope eh!

From what Neville was saying last night, if the Ref report states he saw the incident but chose not to punish the player, then nothing can be done.

If the report states he didnt see the incident, they will be punished. Neville went on to state that if the ref states he didnt see the incidents they will lose alot of credibility and that the officials should hold their hands up and say they made a mistake.

When will we find out? Sterling is vital to the way we are playing. He dragged defenders all over the place and we had that pacey threat in behind which we have been sorely missing this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Vicxas wrote: »
    How odd isnt it.

...and still win the game:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ya bull**** alright!

Well pay 28!

Excellent result last night. That's been coming the last few games. Difference was last night we finished our chances.

Rodgers deserves credit for playing to our strengths.

Impressed with how composed Lallana is in front of goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement