Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Signed on Jan 1st....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Excellent result last night. That's been coming the last few games. Difference was last night we finished our chances.

Rodgers deserves credit for playing to our strengths.

Impressed with how composed Lallana is in front of goal.

Living and dying by the players he signs. Thankfully, a few of them seem to be coming good in the past few weeks.

Really like Lallana personally but Markovic seems to be showing a little something too, finally!

Team appears to be building in a confidence a little now and I desperately hope that we can maintain the momentum for Sturridge becoming available again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I really don't see the hype in Berahino, earlier in the season he was at least scoring a few albeit a good few pens, but the last few weeks he's done nothing of note and has been in and out of the WBA team, if we sign him for £20m plus I will to put it mildly not be a happy camper. If I had a choice of taking a striker from the PL who'd be a realistic signing then I'd be leaning towards Benteke, I'd rate him higher than say Bony, Lukaku etc etc..

Sturridge, Benteke, Origi would be a tasty little threesome for next season for starters anyway, one more with them would be nice and very much needed with Studges injury woes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

joe123 wrote: »
    My initial post was asking had those who had been slating Rodgers (and there had been plenty) over the last few weeks been on lately giving him any bit of credit. There are plenty of posts im sure youl find of various posters slagging him off. The "Dickhead statement" stuck in my mind as I remember posting how poor some of our fans are.

I actually had more to my post but then when I was essentially called out for making stuff up, I'm going to back anything I say up. Quite funny how you want to suit your own little post there.

Also tiresome.

I was fuming with Rodgers a few weeks ago, anyone who wasn't is either not an LFC fan or has no football knowledge. He has started to play the right players in their right slots and perhaps he was waiting for this run of games to start putting this new formation into practice, but his deficit of urgency has cost us points already. Without going into the striker debacle or the lack of defensive cohesion this season, it was the lack of appetite to address glaring personnel/formation problems which galled me.

So I wont be rushing to praise him just yet, and I'm a fan of the Rodgers.

Living and dying by the players he signs. Thankfully, a few of them seem to be coming good in the past few weeks.

Really like Lallana personally but Markovic seems to be showing a little something too, finally!

Team appears to be building in a confidence a little now and I desperately hope that we can maintain the momentum for Sturridge becoming available again.

Just shows what playing players consistently does. New signings take time to settle too.

The way we are set up now means both Lallana and Coutinho can both play which is great, two really good footballers.

I really don't see the hype in Berahino, earlier in the season he was at least scoring a few albeit a good few pens, but the last few weeks he's done nothing of note and has been in and out of the WBA team, if we sign him for £20m plus I will to put it mildly not be a happy camper. If I had a choice of taking a striker from the PL who'd be a realistic signing then I'd be leaning towards Benteke, I'd rate him higher than say Bony, Lukaku etc etc..

Sturridge, Benteke, Origi would be a tasty little threesome for next season for starters anyway, one more with them would be nice and very much needed with Studges injury woes.

An injury prone player, another player who had a bad injury recently and a young player who is completely unproven.

I'd be livid if we started with only that trio next season tbh.

An injury prone player, another player who had a bad injury recently and a young player who is completely unproven.

I'd be livid if we started with only that trio next season tbh.

Well, yeah I did say we'd need another one in to account for Sturridges potential injuries, who would you like to see us sign then?

Well, yeah I did say we'd need another one in to account for Sturridges potential injuries, who would you like to see us sign then?

Cavani
    Lacazette
    Depay
    Shiqiri
    Bony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yes, I have been dragged down to that level in tit for tat responses because there is a core of posters who gang up on me the whole time, if the option was removed we wouldn't have that, like I said the place would be better for it..

I was going to leave it because it's derailing the thread and annoying other posters and that's not my intention but I can't let this slide...

The bolded part is rubbish. If you're feeling bullied,and I've seen no evidence of it then report it. Otherwise stop talking crap. The only posters I see getting ganged up on are Alan and Lloyd. But you know this because you're part of the gang that does it.

Pot calling kettle black??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

garra wrote: »
    I was fuming with Rodgers a few weeks ago, anyone who wasn't is either not an LFC fan or has no football knowledge. He has started to play the right players in their right slots and perhaps he was waiting for this run of games to start putting this new formation into practice, but his deficit of urgency has cost us points already. Without going into the striker debacle or the lack of defensive cohesion this season, it was the lack of appetite to address glaring personnel/formation problems which galled me.

So I wont be rushing to praise him just yet, and I'm a fan of the Rodgers.

So any one who doesn't share your views is either not an LFC fan or knows nothing about football. Classy!

So any one who doesn't share your views is either not an LFC fan or knows nothing about football. Classy!

Now you have it ol bean, you don't agree??.....

Gm6pr7d.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lallana is almost deceptively superb.

he's not fast, and not particularly strong, but he's so intelligent that he seems to have more time than other players.

for me, he's now one of the first name on the teamsheet.

I was going to leave it because it's derailing the thread and annoying other posters and that's not my intention but I can't let this slide...

The bolded part is rubbish. If you're feeling bullied,and I've seen no evidence of it then report it. Otherwise stop talking crap. The only posters I see getting ganged up on are Alan and Lloyd. But you know this because you're part of the gang that does it.

Pot calling kettle black??

You saw no evidence of anyone Calling BR a dickhead and called another poster a liar because of it., so it may have also slipped your attention about how I get ganged up on. I don't report people, not my style. Try talking about football will you? Stop butting in on stuff I post the whole time, you started this shyt today by having a hissy fit over an innocent comment I made.

Cavani
    Lacazette
    Depay
    Shiqiri
    Bony

Cavani is not very realistic IMHO

Lacazette I know nothing about him apart from what I read on here, have you seen many of his games, what type of player would he be, who's comparable in the PL?

Depay and Shaquiri are not strikers

Bony is good but I'd prefer Benteke purely because he has pace to burn and wouldn't be heading off to play any ACON football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive started to see a few posts crop uonon twitter and the like asking "do we need to strengthen in Jan".

A setback/another injury to Sturridge and it means we continue to rely on Sterling to stay fit /keep form. If we dont go all out to try and bring in a striker in January it could make or break our a season.

Likewise with Mignolet. Its clear at this stage hes not good enough and we need another goalkeeper.

Balotelli may offer something once Sturridge is fit but thats a luxury we can't really afford and Lambert I simply feel is not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Cavani is not very realistic IMHO

Lacazette I know nothing about him apart from what I read on here, have you seen many of his games, what type of player would he be, who's comparable in the PL?

Depay and Shaquiri are not strikers

Bony is good but I'd prefer Benteke purely because he has pace to burn and wouldn't be heading off to play any ACON football.

Lacazette is pretty much like Sturridge, fast, strong, good finisher and can play right across the front three. Perfect to play ahead of our midfielders. And could play on his own up front when Sturridge is injured and we would not have to alter the style of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

So Shelvey is being charged with violent contact.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I figured Sterling would be ok since the officials surely had to see the incident, so that's good news. I'm sure some people will be outraged though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Delighted to see shelvey get done for the elbow, the only player ive had less time for at liverpool in recent years is probably moses. Manager tells him to buck and get his head down and work and only went off and did what he done. Such an impetuous player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Cheeky bid for Saido Berahino seeing as they have lost their manager Alan Irvine.
    The guy is a decent young striker but 23Million is way too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

5starpool wrote: »
    I figured Sterling would be ok since the officials surely had to see the incident, so that's good news. I'm sure some people will be outraged though.

The thing as well is, Sterling should have sent off no doubt, but not every red card not given is retrospectively punished. He probably still should have, but Shelvey, like Cisse the other day, could have injured the player. Sterling's was just a bitch slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cheeky bid for Saido Berahino seeing as they have lost their manager Alan Irvine.
    The guy is a decent young striker but 23Million is way too much.

You could get Benteke for the same or less.

I'd rather overpay for him than flash-in-the-pan-ahino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Sterling won't be charged according to some dude from the telegraph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Faux outrage should be immense.

Good decision from the FA. Common sense prevails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ibe starts for derby on ss1 in a while

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Turned the corner I think. Playing without a striker seems to have done the trick.

I think after the Palace game a corner was turned, the Utd game has been the only PL bad result since than and as mentioned by many at the time Rodgers can't legislate for poor finishing and the opposition having a keeper in really outstanding form. The result was not reflective of the performance.

............. The only posters I see getting ganged up on are Alan and Lloyd........

I don't see them getting ganged up on, I see them as regularly posting the most negative and blinkered views, fair enough as that seems to be their opinion but post sh1te and you'll be called up on it.

One of them was posting for a while seeming 100% sure that Rodgers was a goner in January, complete looney tunes stuff.

They both kick the boot in when they can and seem to relish bad results so they can push on with posting rubbish.

The "dickhead" & "degenerate" comments towards Brendan Rodgers warranted bans imo and any fan coming out with that sort of sh1te towards a manager who is clearly talented should be rightly called up on it, call that being ganged up on if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Faux outrage should be immense.
    Oh for faux sake...

Tbf, though, he did raise his hand and strike a player. I think it warranted some action, a warning at least, but a ban would have been harsh for something my 4 yo would do a better job of:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5live wrote: »
    Oh for faux sake...

Tbf, though, he did raise his hand and strike a player. I think it warranted some action, a warning at least, but a ban would have been harsh for something my 4 yo would do a better job of:D

We were due some goodwill from the FA after being screwed over numerous times with 'Louie'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ha, he deffo should have been done for that. Glad he's not' obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He should deffo have been sent off.

But he shouldn't be retrospectively punished today.

Right call by the FA/wrong call by the officials last night.

Ibe creates chance for Will Hughes and 1-0 Derby OG

Redcafe is outraged at Sterling decision, well not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I only just noticed this is a new thread :o

BMJD wrote: »
    Sterling won't be charged according to some dude from the telegraph

Yeah proper order too mate, he's an Engerland INTER-NATION-AL mate, innit?

In fairness though he is not the type to get into much bother and never gives abuse to refs so I can see why they would use their discretion to overlook a moment of impetuous behaviour.

So is Shelvey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Teixeria just got the assist for Brighton and Hove Albions second. 2-0 win for them unless they do something very silly.
    :P

Robbie Savage awards Jordon Ibe MOTM on 5live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

monkey9 wrote: »
    The thing as well is, Sterling should have sent off no doubt, but not every red card not given is retrospectively punished. He probably still should have, but Shelvey, like Cisse the other day, could have injured the player. Sterling's was just a bitch slap.

Not picking on u monkey, but have we lost the run of ourselves, or wtf planet are we on when a little push a LA sterling is a red card 'no doubt '. What sort of a sport has been created when lads are demanding reds for something that was never a strike, violent nor dangerous in any way, shape or form. A ref gives benteke a ridiculous red a few weeks ago and suddenly that is the benchmark.
    We need to cop the fcuk on and man up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

In fairness though he is not the type to get into much bother and never gives abuse to refs so I can see why they would use their discretion to overlook a moment of impetuous behaviour.

Dont forget he nearly killed Valencia playing for England and gave Howard Webb a dig ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ibe got MOTM on Sky too. He should be getting minutes for us next season I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goalkeeper Cech.

1 of these 3 French midfield players Cabaye, Sissoko or Schneiderlin

Striker Lacazette.

Make it happen Brendan/Transfer committee/FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

well men

Just seen on Liverpoolhistory.net that Lovren is due back in 2 days and Allen and Sturridge in 2 weeks. I don't know how accurate that is or what other sites say?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5live wrote: »
    Just seen on Liverpoolhistory.net that Lovren is due back in 2 days and Allen and Sturridge in 2 weeks. I don't know how accurate that is or what other sites say?
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

• Advertisement

Mirror going with Argentinan Luciano Vietto (Villarreal) to Liverpool. Scored 12 goals in all comps so far. Only 21 though

http://www.transfermarkt.com/luciano-vietto/leistungsdaten/spieler/214316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mirror going with Argentinan Luciano Vietto (Villarreal) to Liverpool. Scored 12 goals in all comps so far. Only 21 though

http://www.transfermarkt.com/luciano-vietto/leistungsdaten/spieler/214316

Who is he the "Next"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Who is he the "Next"?

Next Aguero apparently

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Next Aguero apparently

Naw, he doesn't post here any more ;-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Will Moreno get the nod or will Markowitz get it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement