Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Augmerson wrote: »
    Olympiakos made a loan offer for Mario, 6 months.

His agent has said today that there's no chance of him leaving in January. Personally I'm relieved, because Lambert.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sappy404 wrote: »
    His agent has said today that there's no chance of him leaving in January. Personally I'm relieved, because Lambert.
    His agent the other day was talking about getting him a loaner back to Italy this window.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I couldn't blame him if he wanted to leave as he is clearly not wanted anyhow. I don't think he'll be going anywhere this month though unless we get Origi in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Augmerson wrote: »
    Olympiakos made a loan offer for Mario, 6 months.

I hope not, if he though racism was bad in Italy, its far worse in Greece.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pilsbury doughboy, 5live and zaf all gone within the space of a week. Sad days.

Who's going to do the medicals for all the players we're not going to sign?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Pilsbury doughboy, 5live and zaf all gone within the space of a week. Sad days.

May as well shut up shop and go for pints. First round is on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

brevity wrote: »
    Ah here, that's a very simplistic view. We'd need to know who we played and what formations were used.

Mario has been a let down but that's predominantly due to him not being played with another striker. Rodgers not wanting him is another factor.

Had we played Gerrard closer to Balotelli in the opening games I think we would have got better results.

No, it is partlydue to him not being played with another striker.

It is primarily due to him being crap, lazy, ill-discplined and banned for stupidity.

• Advertisement

Gerrard leaving. No sign of a keeper and Valdes and Shaqiri go elsewhere. Zaq leaves. What next? The Anfield cat put to sleep? John and Linda getting a divorce, JH gets us and she gets the Red Sox? Kim Catrall buys a green and yellow scarf, defects to United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The good doctor has departed.

Dr-Zaf-and-Joe-Allen-300x241.jpg

Allen looks like he is starting and Zap Brannigan is trying to calm him down

"It's not worth it mate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hopefully Sturridge doesn't give him references for his next job ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Ah here, that's a very simplistic view. We'd need to know who we played and what formations were used.

Mario has been a let down but that's predominantly due to him not being played with another striker. Rodgers not wanting him is another factor.

Had we played Gerrard closer to Balotelli in the opening games I think we would have got better results.

Absolutely not certain about that. I recall them combining well in West Brom game, and thought it might be an avenue that would bear fruit, but then in subsequent games it just didn't.

Balotelli's timings are all wrong. Abundantly obvious when you watch him in person. It's funny insofar as there were too preconceptions about him:
    Bad attitude
    Lazy

I actually can't say I've seen either of these apply to him. He's clearly working harder than he possibly ever has on the pitch. But it just isn't happening for him.

I'm not sure why some of our fans want to continuously bang our head off this wall: he doesn't suit our game. He doesn't suit our setup.

If we need a second striker to play alongside him, that negates the point - Sturridge on his own works fine, and gives us extra supply options in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

noodler wrote: »
    No, it is partlydue to him not being played with another striker.

It is primarily due to him being crap, lazy, ill-discplined and banned for stupidity.

imo, he's not crap but the club aren't getting the best out of him. Everyone knew what they were getting themselves in for when they decided to pursue him and everyone know what style suits him.

It's a complete cluster **** but I certainly don't blame Balotelli for being at fault. The club, the manager and the transfer committee should shoulder the blame here.

Man City game at home moved to 12:00 on Sunday 1st March, Burnley game at home moved to Wednesday 4th March.

I have tickets for the City game, but haven't booked flights yet (which are getting increasingly dear) as if we get past Chelsea in the semi final we'll be in the League Cup final that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    Man City game at home moved to 12:00 on Sunday 1st March, Burnley game at home moved to Wednesday 4th March.

I have tickets for the City game, but haven't booked flights yet (which are getting increasingly dear) as if we get past Chelsea in the semi final we'll be in the League Cup final that weekend.

ah well not to worry.... best to give me those tickets so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

imo, he's not crap but the club aren't getting the best out of him. Everyone knew what they were getting themselves in for when they decided to pursue him and everyone know what style suits him.

It's a complete cluster **** but I certainly don't blame Balotelli for being at fault. The club, the manager and the transfer committee should shoulder the blame here.

Should never have bought him, but he's useless. I don't know that his lack of ability is anyone else's fault. He has no composure and his temperament doesn't seem to translate into the win at all costs focused insanity that Suarez brings. Seems to translate into huffing, daft shots from nowhere and an inability to understand the team/system around him.

Ps...Suarez is going to struggle at Barca because he isn't the underdog, something in him needs that "me against the world" thing he had going on at Liverpool and Uruguay. Cant take the madness and underdog outta him.

gafferino wrote: »
    ah well not to worry.... best to give me those tickets so.

Nothing booked yet so I haven't lost out on anything yet.

I'll bear your generous offer in mind though :pac: in case the club changes their refund policy to 'No' if we do get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Gustavo Fring?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

Vicxas wrote: »
    901ba360-43ef-4920-9c48-06948176e878_500.jpg

Thats that then. Moving on.
    podolski-inter.jpg
    hmmm....unless its the standardized Inter pose....like leaning at melwood...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knowing our M.O. the next doctor will look something like this

kids-doctor-costume-zoom.jpg

Great pottential.

Thud wrote: »
    podolski-inter.jpg

It's a photoshop alright but Bayern have confirmed it anyway. Kind of like when a player dives even though he's legit been fouled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Thud wrote: »
    podolski-inter.jpg
    lol - should have spotted that the Shaqiri pic was a photo shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I agree that the club should have known better.

I still think Mario is a terrible example of work ethic and attitude.

Knowing our M.O. the next doctor will look something like this

Great pottential.

"He's got all the raw materials to go far." - Rodgers, before sending him on loan to Alder Hey and having Richie Partridge do all the medicals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anyone have tickets to the Palace game?

Given it's Gerrard's last game at Anfield I'd imagine the market for re-selling tickets will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

He didn't have good 'character.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

And he wasn't technician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

BenEadir wrote: »
    So the longer you're at the club the more entitled you are to a contract extension? By that logic no player would ever leave as they'd all be entitled to contact extensions once they enter the last year of their contact. We'd end up with a squad of OAP's FFS 😉

Och Aye
    Ye kinna win nothing with pensioners !

x43r0 wrote: »

Given it's Gerrard's last game at Anfield I'd imagine the market for re-selling tickets will be interesting

Yes.

Scumbags are charging ridiculous money for them already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

x43r0 wrote: »

If you're a fan and you have a ticket to that match and you choose to sell it then you're a dick. And you're not much of a fan either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Shaqiri to Inter doesn't matter, no doubt we'll be sign the Czechslovakian next big thing for £30 million next week.
    Who needs a good player who can fit right into your first team when you can sign a lad that may or may not be decent in a few years. Baffling all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

mosstin wrote: »
    If you're a fan and you have a ticket to that match and you choose to sell it then you're a dick. And you're not much of a fan either.

Completely agree

I had 2 tickets to the Newcastle game at the end of last season and at the height of our title challenge I was called stupid by friends when I could have gotten upwards of a grand for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That game will be like Newcastle last season, all the saps will be showing their true colours and looking to head over.

noodler wrote: »
    I agree that the club should have known better.
    I still think Mario is a terrible example of work ethic and attitude.

Balotelli is a plague in my opinion. If someone gives a bad pass to him that gets intercepted theres a good chance he'll start giving out. Stuff like that is bad for team morale.
    He also doesn't work hard for the team. He didn't work at all while at Milan, just stood around up front waiting to come alive when Milan had the ball again.
    He's a luxury player who isn't good enough to actually be considered as one. I'd have him gone ASAP regardless, he sets a bad example for younger players.

mosstin wrote: »

Selling it for face value if you can't go for whatever reason is perfectly fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Balotelli is a plague in my opinion. If someone gives a bad pass to him that gets intercepted theres a good chance he'll start giving out. Stuff like that is bad for team morale.
    He also doesn't work hard for the team. He didn't work at all while at Milan, just stood around up front waiting to come alive when Milan had the ball again.
    He's a luxury player who isn't good enough to actually be considered as one. I'd have him gone ASAP regardless, he sets a bad example for younger players.

The thing about ballotelli is he can be a world beater but that happens once every month or when he is bothered to actually do his best .
    He really can be so lazy and the likes and can have a negative effect on the team in a big way .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Young Dr Zaf didnt suit the philosophy at the club

• Advertisement

The thing about ballotelli is he can be a world beater but that happens once every month or when he is bothered to actually do his best .
    He really can be so lazy and the likes and can have a negative effect on the team in a big way .

I'd say he's a horrible player to manage, considering he probably takes up far more time than he deserves.
    I could understand if he was Messi, but instead he is a man child with little work rate who is very static and not suited at all to the style of play.
    I'd try and sell while Rodgers might be able to get the money back. Come the end of the season, 30 game,3/4 goal Mario is going to start looking like what he really is, a waste of space who turns it on when he feels like it, which isn't very often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shaqiri to Inter doesn't matter, no doubt we'll be sign the Czechslovakian next big thing for £30 million next week.
    Who needs a good player who can fit right into your first team when you can sign a lad that may or may not be decent in a few years. Baffling all together.

:eek: That could get interesting with the Yugoslavians we have at the club already

More gurning.

Perhaps Shaqiri CHOSE Inter?

I don't see any evidence of World beating performances from Balotelli, I don't.

More gurning.

Perhaps Shaqiri CHOSE Inter?

More than likely we weren't in for him at all.
    They spent bookoo dollars on attacking midfielders in the summer, I doubt FSG would give them more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

More than likely we weren't in for him at all.

We have bigger problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If we have £20/30m for a player like Pjanic how about saying fcuk it we need a goalkeeper more than a midfielder and tempt Spurs with the money for Lloris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

If we have £20/30m for a player like Pjanic how about saying fcuk it we need a goalkeeper more than a midfielder and tempt Spurs with the money for Lloris.

They won't sell him now, last summer when they were managerless and we had just finished 2nd in the league was the time to sign him or at least try to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Or at least put a bid in for Strootman or Lacazette. Areas that need strengthening instead of yet more attacking midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

mav79 wrote: »
    Or at least put a bid in for Strootman or Lacazette. Areas that need strengthening instead of yet more attacking midfielders.

Lacazette looks decent on youtube to be fair..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement