Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    With no Lallana or Sterling, I think this would be my preference.

Mig
    Can---Skrtel---Sakho
    Manquillo
    Lucas
    Moreno
    Hendo
    ----Markovic--Gerrard--Coutinho
    Balotelli

If we've learned anything over the past few months its that Ballotelli cannot play up front on his own. If its one up top has to be either Lambert or Borini. The only reason people want Borini to lead the line is because the other two have looked pants up there all season. Selection by elimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mig
    Can---Skrtel---Sakho
    Manquillo
    Lucas
    Moreno
    Hendo
    Balotelli

12 players there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mig
    Can---Skrtel---Sakho
    Manquillo
    Lucas
    Moreno
    Hendo
    Balotelli

If we are going with 12 can we have 2 GK's :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

12 players there.

Probably figured once Balotelli was one of the 12 noone on the day would notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Milkers wrote: »
    Probably figured once Balotelli was one of the 12 noone on the day would notice.

Really its only 11 when you add up Mignolet and Skrtel

12 players there.

Ssshhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

NukaCola wrote: »
    If we are going with 12 can we have 2 GK's :p
    12 players there.

I stand by my selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seems marc pelosi has gotten a call up to muricas next squad for friendlies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Why the **** isn't anyone from the youths/reserves/academy getting a call up, worth a shot to get us going with 2 up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augmerson wrote: »
    Why the **** isn't anyone from the youths/reserves/academy getting a call up, worth a shot to get us going with 2 up front.

Alas centre forward is pretty much the weakest area at the club. The first team options are definitely better than youth options as out and out strikers. If we want two up, id like to see Borini and Balotelli, but ****, we lose so much pace doing that.

• Advertisement

Ojo will probably be the next debutant, him ibe and sterling are/were quite similar players. Jordan williams and rossiter seem to be residing in melwood full time so maybe they will get a look again soon. If lovren is still injured maybe a young defender will get a game seeing as toure is at afcon.
    Always thought mclaughlin would have gotten a chance at this stage but he seems injury prone as ****, worse than sturridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The high hopes I had for that Yesil lad. He'll probably end up being sold to some Championship team or going back to Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The high hopes I had for that Yesil lad. He'll probably end up being sold to some Championship team or going back to Germany.

He's lucky to be even still playing with the injures he has had in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Sign Lacazette you useless bastards of a transfer committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I envisage he will join Nemeth, Pacheco and Suso and dash my high hopes.

Lucas off to Inter is running in the Saturday papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

If they let Lucas go in this window without a replacement I give up on life .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I can't see Lucas being let move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The €3m transfer of Lucas is going to fund the €100m transfer of Pogba.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If they let Lucas go in this window without a replacement I give up on life .

I wouldn't really blame him for leaving though either as it's pretty clear that if Liverpool can find a system that works without him he'll be out given the fact that he was rarely used in the second half of last season when we had a system that (generally) worked (attacking wise), and only brought him in this season when we were desperate for a bit of solidity.

It will be ridiculous though if we took him out of the side as we are now though without a superior replacement being bought. I bet we'd only get something like 6-8m for him as well the way our experienced players have been let go in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is Sterling out?

tok9 wrote: »
    Is Sterling out?

Extended holiday in Jamaica.

Simon Mignolet’s problems at Liverpool stem not from his hands but his feet, according to manager Brendan Rodgers, who has confirmed he wants a new goalkeeper in the January transfer window.
    Rodgers believes the answer lies in his goalkeeper’s footwork and concentration levels. He held several conversations with Mignolet, signed for £9m in 2013 as first choice over Pepe Reina, during the keeper’s “indefinite period” out of the side and admits the 26-year-old is still adjusting to the different demands of playing at Anfield.

“Simon was at the time we were watching him, and still is, a wonderful shot-stopper,” Rodgers said. “He makes big saves but the adaptation for him is coming into a big team where you are not having to make as many saves and therefore concentration is important and you probably have more touches of the ball with your feet than what he might have expected.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/09/simon-mignolet-liverpool-improve-feet-new-goalkeeper?CMP=share_btn_link

Don't really understand Sterling's extra time off. He didn't play last week. It's an important league game.

Very weird

I doubt Rodgers is too popular in the dressing room with constant public put downs of players.

Not very professional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sterling had played more minutes than any other out field player in the Prem League, people were talking about potential for burn out later in the season. A couple of weeks off now isn't mad.

Since Brendan Rodgers became Liverpool manager Kuyt, Reina, Carragher, Suarez, Agger and now Gerrard & maybe Lucas have left or are leaving.

They may have been replaced player wise but their experience has not.

In the next two windows that experience is what needs to be replaced not just filling the squad with young players.

Sterling had played more minutes than any other out field player in the Prem League, people were talking about potential for burn out later in the season. A couple of weeks off now isn't mad.

If we had strikers that were banging them in I'd agree.

Right now he's the main man and is being bloody rested

Since Brendan Rodgers became Liverpool manager Kuyt, Reina, Carragher, Suarez, Agger and now Gerrard & maybe Lucas have left or are leaving.

They may have been replaced player wise but their experience has not.

In the next two windows that experience is what needs to be replaced not just filling the squad with young players.

Kuyt, Reina, Agger and Gerrard will have fetched approximately £5m between them when leaving the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I doubt Rodgers is too popular in the dressing room with constant public put downs of players.

Not very professional.

Bizarre alright. Even the Sakho piece earlier had little digs in it, but apparently man management is one of his strong points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Picking Borini over Balo is clearly more motivational man management from him. Borini couldn't get a game for love nor money when we had no strikers and Balo was injured.He couldn't even get into the squad. Now Balo is back and Borini is starting?

Picking Borini over Balo is clearly more motivational man management from him. Borini couldn't get a game for love nor money when we had no strikers and Balo was injured.He couldn't even get into the squad. Now Balo is back and Borini is starting?

It's nonsense really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Think about it for a minute, who are Liverpool playing tomorrow?

If Rodgers is starting a striker he clearly doesn't fancy just to put him in the shop window in a game we desparetly need 3 points while not playing a guy with no confidence who needs games quick if we have any hope of getting him into some kind of form then it's a complete joke. If any of what you are implying is true then the club is a complete shambles.

I've seen enough of Mario in the 10 or so starts he's had to make me think there's no harm in giving Borini a start.

Unless they think he will have insights into how to play against them more effectively I can't see a reason for it. They'll also know how to defend against him, not that it'll be too difficult.

I'd prefer him starting over Lambert though, but I'd much prefer Balotelli of the 3.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I've seen enough of Mario in the 10 or so starts he's had to make me think there's no harm in giving Borini a start.

We know what Borini will give. We know his ceiling as a player.

I've no idea if Balo will turn things around, but his ceiling is far higher, he has a chance of being a top player long term. At this stage this looks a long shot but we need to at least give him chances. 10 games, most of which have been spent as a lone striker which clearly doesn't suit him is a ridiculously small number of games to have made up your mind on him espically with the raw materials he has as a player.

I've no idea if Balo will turn things around, but his ceiling is far higher, he has a chance of being a top player long term. At this stage this looks a long shot but we need to at least give him chances. 10 games, most of which have been spent as a lone striker which clearly doesn't suit him is a ridiculously small number of games to have made up your mind on him espically with the raw materials he has as a player.

I totally agree.. on paper Balotelli is our best striker available. That said I dont think we should change a setup that the rest of the front players seem to get more joy out of playing. I wouldn't risk playing the two up front to suit Mario until maybe Sturridge was back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm pretty sure most here didn't wanted Bony last Summer at the muted price, they were very much happy with the punt on Balotelli over him.

This City bid has caused a bit of revisionism tbh.

It's the timing. If we'd signed him late like Mario people would have accepted him. The only reason Mario made sense was money, and here was his last chance saloon.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Don't really understand Sterling's extra time off. He didn't play last week. It's an important league game.

Very weird

Huh? Sterling has time off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I'd rather we started Borini and brought Balotelli on in the second half.
    You never know which Mario you're going to get; at least with Borini he'll definitely put in a shift.
    Borini should have been given more chances. He must be doing something right in training if Rodgers is willing to play him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Has the line up been leaked for 2moros game?

gafferino wrote: »
    Huh? Sterling has time off?
    But after jetting off to his native Jamaica he missed Monday’s FA Cup tie with AFC Wimbledon and Rodgers must decide whether to bring him back for Saturday’s trip to Sunderland.

10903715_929557403735555_1153328706_n.jpg

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-jamaica-break-help-8415669

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

While I think Balotelli has been harshly treated, and did more than Lambert against Wimbledon in a lot less time I don't think he has done enough to be accommodated for multiple games.

He seems to get a free pass off some based solely on his name and some misguided notion that he is a big time player while the younger players who have contributed more are getting a lot of flak.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Extended holiday in Jamaica.

Ya mon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

10903715_929557403735555_1153328706_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Thanks for the link.

Although it is seemingly bizarre, I think Rodgers has probably taken the right decision. I've been calling for Sterling to be rested.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thanks for the link.

Although it is seemingly bizarre, I think Rodgers has probably taken the right decision. I've been calling for Sterling to be rested.

Rest him when Sturridge gets back! We've no one to replace him with, this is very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

It's not really, he'd played more minutes that any other outfield player in the league. We have no idea what the health and fitness professionals who work with the team day in, day out have had to say about his: fitness / energy levels / potential for injury etc. We aren't privy to such conversations, and we have to assume that people who actually do know what they're talking about have decided he needs to have a rest.

Obviously given his importance to the team it won't have been a decision taken lightly.

• Advertisement

Borini starting would be bizzare, he's been ineffective everytime he has come on lately. Would much rather Balo get a start tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement