Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Rights lads let's sign this goalie we know isn't great with the ball at his feet or at least never really had must use for said feet before and play him in our system where it's essential that a goalie must be good with his feet and when it turns out he can't adjust to this new role let's be baffled and drop him indefinitely and release an unhelpful article about him in the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Think about it for a minute, who are Liverpool playing tomorrow?

Yeah but we could play with two up top, Borini and Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I really could not give a sh*t how poor Mignolet is with his feet, its his fear of a cross that annoys the hell out of me. If Rodgers thinks that poor footwork is costing us points and not that we look like an underage team defending every time a cross comes into the box how the hell is he going to rectify the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Don't know who'll be happier us or the United fan's but Dayum is band for 3 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

mav79 wrote: »
    I really could not give a sh*t how poor Mignolet is with his feet, its his fear of a cross that annoys the hell out of me. If Rodgers thinks that poor footwork is costing us points and not that we look like an underage team defending every time a cross comes into the box how the hell is he going to rectify the problem.

IMO, constantly worrying about back passes has his confidence shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

daithijjj wrote: »
    The contents of this post..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93765771&postcount=2787

is exactly what is wrong with the club at the moment imho.

You have one man talking about 'marquee signing' and another man talking about us signing an inexperienced player.
    Sahko was a full international for France and a club captain at PSG. He was replaced in their starting line-up by Thiago Silva.

We know Rodgers didn't want Sahko brought to the club and I don't think it takes a genius to figure out who was feeding stories to the media early in the season that he would be sold next summer. Rodgers choice for replacement has proved to be a bit of a not so finished product and has now been replaced in the line up by the bad boy Sahko.

Rodgers is peddling a bad boy turned good story another testament to the wonders of his one of a kind man management skills.

'marquee signing' vs an inexperienced player - at the time the signing was considered a coup. If anything the Sahko saga is testament to the fact that Rodgers should not be allowed sign players.

T-K-O wrote: »
    IMO, constantly worrying about back passes has his confidence shot.

The coaches could try telling the defenders to stop constantly passing the ball back to Mignolet if he is so poor with his feet. Dropping Mignolet "indefinitely" hardly helped his confidence as well. If Rodgers is looking at a new keeper I would prefer if he concentrated on a keeper that can deal with a ball crossed into the box and is a good shot stopper, how good he is with the ball at his feet should be down the list of priorities. My fear is we end up with another poor keeper because we are looking at someone that is good with their feet.

Yeah good with the feet is far less of a problem than a keeper that makes a mess of every 2nd cross.

I can't believe the stuff Rodgers is saying about current players tbh. For me this could be the end of him as I'd imagine he'll be losing the backing of the players. That's if he hasn't already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah good with the feet is far less of a problem than a keeper that makes a mess of every 2nd cross.

I can't believe the stuff Rodgers is saying about current players tbh. For me this could be the end of him as I'd imagine he'll be losing the backing of the players. That's if he hasn't already

He really is digging his own hole atm.

Little digs at players never ends well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Particularly when you're enjoying a **** season.

• Advertisement

There was no need for him to criticize the players. From his first game Mignolet has not looked good when a cross came into the box or composed with the ball at his feet so criticizing him to the press is not going to improve him, and only the club suffers, especially when you do not have an adequate back up keeper to fill in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If Rodgers is starting a striker he clearly doesn't fancy just to put him in the shop window in a game we desparetly need 3 points while not playing a guy with no confidence who needs games quick

I'm ok not playing the striker with no confidence. 6 of one...and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any leaked lineups?

Just so I can get my rage built up nice an early.

Yeah, I'm all for dropping players when playing poorly. I welcome it in fact. However, criticism of players particularly ones that look like they have no confidence isn't good.

By all means drop them and give them a bóllocking behind closed doors.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Particularly when you're enjoying a **** season.

Exactly.

He needs the players on his side and willing to run through brick walls for him until season end.

Re resting Sterling.

It only looks good if we win. Lose or even draw and that will be questioned.

If 4th was no chance I'd not be too bothered. However it's still an outside chance. Lose today and we could be 10 or so behind.

Anyway, the proof is in the pudding.

I'd love to see Borini bag the winner tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Disappointed we missed out on Shaqiri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Disappointed we missed out on Shaqiri.

Especially at the price he went for. He's not really a position we need players for at the moment. We clearly need a keeper and a centre back, but I still would have welcomed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

mav79 wrote: »
    The coaches could try telling the defenders to stop constantly passing the ball back to Mignolet if he is so poor with his feet. Dropping Mignolet "indefinitely" hardly helped his confidence as well. If Rodgers is looking at a new keeper I would prefer if he concentrated on a keeper that can deal with a ball crossed into the box and is a good shot stopper, how good he is with the ball at his feet should be down the list of priorities. My fear is we end up with another poor keeper because we are looking at someone that is good with their feet.

I know right, it drives me crazy, our defenders constantly put him under pressure instead of taking responsibility themselves.

Mignolet has one of those attributes to be fair. If we sign a GK who is weak with the ball at feet, watch his confidence slowly disappear because we wont be changing our 'style' of play.

It will turn out to be Mignolet all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Is there any deals going with BT at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Re resting Sterling.

It only looks good if we win. Lose or even draw and that will be questioned.

If 4th was no chance I'd not be too bothered. However it's still an outside chance. Lose today and we could be 10 or so behind.

Anyway, the proof is in the pudding.

I'd love to see Borini bag the winner tbh!

4th is gone I'm afraid. The bit of hope your clinging to will only drag you down further.
    Personally I'm in favour of resting Sterling. He's already been over used thanks to the clusterf*click up front. Hopefully a short break will charge up the batteries with the league cup legs coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

monkey9 wrote: »
    Especially at the price he went for. He's not really a position we need players for at the moment. We clearly need a keeper and a centre back, but I still would have welcomed him.

Tbh I'd have preferred to have held onto the Markovic money in the summer and use it on Shaqiri now (all with the benefit of hindsight of course)

Hidalgo wrote: »
    4th is gone I'm afraid. The bit of hope your clinging to will only drag you down further.
    Personally I'm in favour of resting Sterling. He's already been over used thanks to the clusterf*click up front. Hopefully a short break will charge up the batteries with the league cup legs coming soon.

I don't think we'll get 4th tbh.

However, I'd be pretty píssed as a fan if the manager had given up on it too.

Put it this way a win today and we'd be more than likely 4 points from 4th after the weekend.

It could be as much as 10 if we lose (probably unlikely as Southampton are away to Utd)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

At this point to be honest our team is lacking quality all over.

While there is higher priorities (GK, CM, ST), quality additions anywhere would be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just found a leaked lineup.

Borini starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    At this point to be honest our team is lacking quality all over.

While there is higher priorities (GK, CM, ST), quality additions anywhere would be welcome.

Oh without doubt. I just think defence is an absolute priority.

I'd like to think we'll bring someone in this month, but I don't want a signing for the sake of a signing.

I'm done with all these prospect signings. We've signed enough of them now, leave them be and let them develop. Maybe they will come good.

Come the summer, I want two or three first team signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vicxas wrote: »

Borini starting.

what is the full team

I just think defence is an absolute priority.

It performing better is a priority, however I really don't think its the players. I think it's the coaching or lack thereof. Put a prime Vidic/Ferdinand/Hypia/Carra in there & I'm not convinced they'd cope. There is plsyers available to us in defence who have proven they can perform at a very high level, yet when they line out for Liverpool under Rodgers they look like absolute chumps. The blame isn't with them imo.
    I'm done with all these prospect signings. We've signed enough of them now, leave them be and let them develop. Maybe they will come good.

Come the summer, I want two or three first team signings.

Agree totally.

Though this what Rodgers said last summer about last summers window. We got Balotelli, Lovren, Lallana & Lazar as our "big signings" for over £80m. Criminal :(

Truth is, I just think we're incapable of identifying & subsequently landing real quality. As the near quarter of a billion pissed away since Rodgers came to the club attests to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Vicxas wrote: »

Borini starting.

Well tell us the rest Mr. Mysterious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Team supposedly is:

Mignolet
    Can
    Lovren
    Sakho
    Markovic
    Moreno
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Coutinho
    Gerrard
    Borini

Not so certain that's true though, but that's the rumoured one anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Have to love this thread.

Sterling starts:

"Sterling is being over used hes going to get burnt out"

Sterling is rested:

"Can't believe Sterling isnt starting"

Its great that all of us here on a forum with no inside knowledge of nothing feel we know more than our Manager/Staff/Medical team.

Reading people dissect every little thing Rodgers says is really tiresome too. Sweet jesus the man can do no right with some of you.

joe123 wrote: »
    Sweet jesus the man can do no right with some of you.

Just out of curiosity, what has he gotten "right" this season? :confused:

Tactics-Poor
    Team selections-Poor
    Man Management-Poor
    Transfers-Shocking
    Performances-Shocking
    Results-Shocking

Am I missing anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

john why wrote: »
    Is there any deals going with BT at the moment?

Keep an eye on the BT thread from Bargain Alerts.

I think the lastest deal is €9.99 a month for 3 months.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057096519

Let Victor Moses leave the club!?

Just off the top of my head, a switch to 3 at the back with two wing backs has improved us. Playing Sterling up top also added a threat back to our game.

Don't get me wrong, this season has been on the large has been pretty terrible and criticism is well and just but honestly people looking for the smallest possible thing to beat him with is pretty ****e.

As I said before, Rodgers has earned/deserves time for what he did last season. Supporters jumping on his back for every little thing though, come on.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Can looks decent for £10 million tbh. For a player who is only 20, he looks like he could be a steal for that price.

• Advertisement

Confirmed team:

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team to face @SunderlandAFC: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Moreno, Lucas, Gerrard, Markovic, Coutinho, Borini.

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC substitutes against @SunderlandAFC: Ward, Enrique, Lovren, Lambert, Manquillo, Balotelli, Rossiter.
    Same as above with Skrtel in, which I was surprised not to see on the rumoured side! Delighted to see Rossiter on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Team supposedly is:

Mignolet
    Can
    Lovren
    Sakho
    Markovic
    Moreno
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Coutinho
    Gerrard
    Borini

Not so certain that's true though, but that's the rumoured one anyway!

Lovren replaced by Skittles and thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Glad to see Rossiter on the bench, odds of him getting time are low enough I'd say but encouraging nonetheless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I can't believe Borini is in the side. He has nothing to offer and will probably get sent off.
    People here will also praise his movement into spaces where the ball never goes.

Just hope Henderson is in the middle with Lucas and not playing out on the right.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    I can't believe Borini is in the side. He has nothing to offer and will probably get sent off.
    People here will also praise his movement into spaces where the ball never goes.

A better option than Lambert and Balotelli but thats not saying much :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A better option than Lambert and Balotelli but thats not saying much :(

Disagree entirely. Ballotelli has more to offer and needs to be given more games. We know the ability is there.
    Also Lambert, whilst not top class is better suited to a different formation. Borini however has had lots of chances in a red shirt and done nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah Christ... Gerrard in the middle and Henderson out right. :(

Just off the top of my head, a switch to 3 at the back with two wing backs has improved us. Playing Sterling up top also added a threat back to our game.

He ruins this change by persisting with Henderson at RWB. Tbh the praise for this change is way OTT. We still look poor, even if slightly better than before.
    Don't get me wrong, this season has been on the large has been pretty terrible and criticism is well and just but honestly people looking for the smallest possible thing to beat him with is pretty ****e.
    As I said before, Rodgers has earned/deserves time for what he did last season. Supporters jumping on his back for every little thing though, come on.:rolleyes:

It's not little things he's being pulled up on. It's big things. Poor transfers. Alienating players. Poor tactics. Poor results. Small things while all that's going on make it even more frustrating to be honest.

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah Christ... Gerrard in the middle and Henderson out right. :(

Sure that's how we will line up?

Can looks decent for £10 million tbh. For a player who is only 20, he looks like he could be a steal for that price.

I'll grant him that.

But then Rodgers unwillingness to use him until the last couple of weeks, when he has been forced to, are even more frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sure that's how we will line up?

I would say it's extremely likely. Only other option I can see is playing Markovic RWB and Gerrard AM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jordon Ibe starts on the left for Derby they KO at 12.15.

tok9 wrote: »
    I would say it's extremely likely. Only other option I can see is playing Markovic RWB and Gerrard AM.

Henderson needs to play in the middle and Gerrard more offensively. Can is a midfielder. Lazer isn't a wing back.

If we played players in natural positions it might be a start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Poor Raheems confidence will be shattered with those comments from Rodgers. Shocking man management.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement