Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Henderson needs to play in the middle and Gerrard more offensively. Can is a midfielder. Lazer isn't a wing back.

If we played players in natural positions it might be a start!

Totally agree. Should start like this.
    All defensive tasks should be taking out of gerard's game. one of the most gift finishers in the game. just leave him up top to do damage.
    I think the back three things is a load of bollock. The reason the back line was so bad was because the were not getting enough protection.
    Henderson and lucas would provide that instead of a leg weary gerard

Lazar Borini gerard
    coutinho
    Henderson Lucas
    Moreno Sakho Skrtrel Manquillo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

murpho999 wrote: »
    I can't believe Borini is in the side. He has nothing to offer and will probably get sent off.
    People here will also praise his movement into spaces where the ball never goes.

Codswallop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

people spend so much time online,be it on phone or at home,analysing every word uttered by their club manager.. every decision ,bicker back and forth,fall out with people ( names on a screen) that most likely will never meet in reality,

i actually think a lot have forgotten how to support a team, if your kid was having a bad year ya would not constantly complain about him or her (only analogy that came to mind) , you would support them ..your not gonna change your club,or your kid..

constant complaining leaves no room for any joy...even in a scrappy 1 nill win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    I would say it's extremely likely. Only other option I can see is playing Markovic RWB and Gerrard AM.

Well there you go.. turns out that is the formation.

3 points today will mean 18 from the last 27, with sturridge yet to make an impact. The lads blowing on about how bad things are will be in a worse position than those pointing out credit is due from last season's performance and league result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm not one to exaggerate but that is probably the worst decision ever made by a referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

T-K-O wrote: »
    Codswallop

Why? What has he ever done positive in a Liverpool match?

Augeo wrote: »
    3 points today will mean 18 from the last 27, with sturridge yet to make an impact. The lads blowing on about how bad things are will be in a worse position than those pointing out credit is due from last season's performance and league result.

No harm in criticising however, obvious troll is obvious. Some guys complain about absolutely everything .

Why? What has he ever done positive in a Liverpool match?

When did he get a chance?

Guys complain about a lack of movement, he will do that more than Lamber and Mario. You complain about him running in space, which is baffling to me.

Guys harp on about the silly red but yet Lazer gets a free ride.

Based on his form last season , he more than deserves a chance.

Edit, let me add. What has any of our (available)strikers done in a Liverpool shirt.

• Advertisement

Excellent work from Markovic, 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Nice to see a positive reaction from young Markovic in light of my comment on him earlier in the week. Man management lads.

No harm in criticising however, obvious troll is obvious. Some guys complain about absolutely everything .

Criticism is fantastic. We are effectively playing with no strikers and goalkeeper situation is worse or as bad as any than any other PL club.

Results are speaking volumes since the 3 on the trot defeats as some people expected, we can't dwell on the first third of the season forever or expect Rodgers to be sacked for it. Imo.

When did he get a chance?

Guys complain about a lack of movement, he will do that more than Lamber and Mario. You complain about him running in space, which is baffling to me.

Guys harp on about the silly red but yet Lazer gets a free ride.

Based on his form last season , he more than deserves a chance.

Edit, let me add. What has any of our (available)strikers done in a Liverpool shirt.

I think Ballotelli has a lot more ability than Borini. It's his mentality and effort is his issue.
    As for Borini, one goal in 21 games shows his contributions.
    The space comment comes from his early days when posters praised his movement in early games but then discovered that's all he did.
    Also he plays with childish over exuberance that got him sent off recently and could happen today.

Gerrard be back to us on loan next season 'till Jan ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Replace Gerrard & Borini with Sturridge & Sterling and the front line looks a lot better if Markovic can keep this form going.

• Advertisement

I think Ballotelli has a lot more ability than Borini. It's his mentality and effort is his issue.
    As for Borini, one goal in 21 games shows his contributions.
    The space comment comes from his early days when posters praised his movement in early games but then discovered that's all he did.
    Also he plays with childish over exuberance that got him sent off recently and could happen today.

As do I but there comes a time when we must try something different, it wasn't working. Maybe a spell on the bench could be the kick up the arse he needs. So far there is nothing to suggest he will ever change.

21 games at LFC? 2 minutes here and there and he was constantly injured during his first 2 seasons. The last game he played before going on loan to Sunderland he played well. He went up North and had a good season, performing at a level that deserves a chance in this current squad

childish over exuberance? I couldn't disagee more, what is that based on

As do I but there comes a time when we must try something different, it wasn't working. Maybe a spell on the bench could be the kick up the arse he needs. So far there is nothing to suggest he will ever change.

21 games at LFC? 2 minutes here and there and he was constantly injured during his first 2 seasons. The last game he played before going on loan to Sunderland he played well. He went up North and had a good season, performing at a level that deserves a chance in this current squad

childish over exuberance? I couldn't disagee more, what is that based on

Playing for Sunderland inrelegation battles is not the same level that Liverpool require.
    As for the childish over exuberance, did you not see how he got sent off against Arsenal. Could also have been carded today.

Playing for Sunderland inrelegation battles is not the same level that Liverpool require.
    As for the childish over exuberance, did you not see how he got sent off against Arsenal. Could also have been carded today.

You obviously didn't watch Sunderland at the tail end last year. You making a case for Lambert / Mario have you seen those guys play this year.

As for the sending off. Big deal. Tt was stupid but these things happen, remember Sterling bitch slap.

You obviously didn't watch Sunderland at the tail end last year. You making a case for Lambert / Mario have you seen those guys play this year.

As for the sending off. Big deal. Tt was stupid but these things happen, remember Sterling bitch slap.

Borini's sending off was for two yellow cards which is unforgivable. He had his warning. Don't see how you can compare it to Sterling's slap.
    Also did you see Borini's miss in the first half just played? The guy can't finish.
    I'm not making a case for Lambert as he should more be an impact sub but if he starts he has to be used differently.
    Mario is definitely the most talented of the three and should start in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Playing well, pressing high, dispossessing them alot in their own half. Should be 3 goals to the good. All waiting for the sucker punch now ...

• Advertisement

Borini's sending off was for two yellow cards which is unforgivable. He had his warning. Don't see how you can compare it to Sterling's slap.
    Also did you see Borini's miss in the first half just played? The guy can't finish.
    I'm not making a case for Lambert as he should more be an impact sub but if he starts he has to be used differently.
    Mario is definitely the most talented of the three and should start in my opinion.

So Mario should start every game without question, that my friend is bonkers.

Sterling can slap, Suarez can do what he pleases but two yellows is unforgivable, nonsense.

So Mario should start every game without question, that my friend is bonkers.

Sterling can slap, Suarez can do what he pleases but two yellows is unforgivable, nonsense.

I fail to see what Suarez and Sterling have got to do with it. The slap incident was nothing and you can't really compare Suarez to Borini. It's all about ability.
    I never said Mario should start every game but he should have start over Borini every time.
    His performance so far today is enough evidence. Running around (anyone can run) and contributing nothing.

I fail to see what Suarez and Sterling have got to do with it. The slap incident was nothing and you can't really compare Suarez to Borini. It's all about ability.
    I never said Mario should start every game but he should have start over Borini every time.
    His performance so far today is enough evidence. Running around (anyone can run) and contributing nothing.

You're too bloody much. No sterling or sturridge would mean Mario starts every game based on your previous posts.

Anyone can run (there is not a smiley big enough) well Mario could do with a little running in his game.

So Borini is a write off after 60 minutes yet Mario can stink the place out week in week out. That is flawed, blind, biased logic.

For the record, I'm not saying Borini is the answer. I'm saying our strikers are pretty average, thus they should all get the opportunity to prove themselves and not only our personal favourites.

Edit, it ridiculous to say 'did you see Borinis miss' but ill return the favour, did you see Marios slip....Yawn

Edit #2 - Our strikers are so bad running around is actually a stand out attribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

7th er still 8th in the league on g/d

7th er still 8th in the league on g/d

Would be bloody 5th if we didn't collapse v Leicester

Augeo wrote: »

Over the next 18 games 9W, 6D & 3L would yield that 33 points.

11W, 5D & 2L yields 38 points and a season total of 67 points, realistically I can't see anything over 67 points this year. I do think that 67 points is achievable though.

It is a tall ask though as by the 19 game mark no team apart from Man City or Chelsea had won 11 games in the 19 matches :)

That's the first win achieved.

18 from 27 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Would be bloody 5th if we didn't collapse v Leicester

Just shows how tight things are though. Liverpool are now 10 games with just one defeat I think. Tantalisingly close to being decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lucas coming back has definitely coincided with the improved form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Another goal would have really settled that match but it was a pretty comfortable match for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Has Markovic been reading Boards? He was superb today. He needs to be playing on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Good first half performance. Markovic was the star. Lucas and Sakho very good in midfield and defence. But that 2nd half wasn't good enough especially with extra man. Balotelli struggling badly for confidence but at least he is a presence up there compared to Borini. Important 3 points :)

You're too bloody much. No sterling or sturridge would mean Mario starts every game based on your previous posts.

Anyone can run (there is not a smiley big enough) well Mario could do with a little running in his game.

So Borini is a write off after 60 minutes yet Mario can stink the place out week in week out. That is flawed, blind, biased logic.

For the record, I'm not saying Borini is the answer. I'm saying our strikers are pretty average, thus they should all get the opportunity to prove themselves and not only our personal favourites.

Edit, it ridiculous to say 'did you see Borinis miss' but ill return the favour, did you see Marios slip....Yawn

Edit #2 - Our strikers are so bad running around is actually a stand out attribute.

Borini is a write off as he has never done anything in a Liverpool shirt, today included.
    Of our three strikers available, Ballotelli is the most talented as simple as that. Don't know why you are constantly arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Nice Win, though it's Sloppy the Way we took our Foot off the Pedal.

I don't think the Team need to Play at the Level of Sunderland.

Though I must say, Coutinho probably needs Glasses at this Point. He took so many Shots, and I don't think any of them Hit the Target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

niallo27 wrote: »

And Sakho for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

https://twitter.com/mattladson/status/553915399721725953

Was after the sending off but doesn't matter, Rodgers is clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A lot more controlled today, but still failing to finish off a weak Sunderland. That could have gone arseways. Markovic had a great game, no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

niallo27 wrote: »

He was great. Be crazy to let him leave

Borini is a write off as he has never done anything in a Liverpool shirt, today included.
    Of our three strikers available, Ballotelli is the most talented as simple as that. Don't know why you are constantly arguing.

So then, Mario should start every game then? We've already been here, that is bonkers.

None of our fit strikers have done anything in an LFC shirt and you're favourite has got more chances than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

No doubt Balotelli is the most talented. He's also the laziest player in the squad.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Has Markovic been reading Boards? He was superb today. He needs to be playing on the right.

Hope not !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Coutinho is brilliant when he's just running at a defence with his head up and waiting for an opportunity to release the ball but when we're breaking and he's forced into making a decision it's almost always terrible.

We've nobody who can act decisively when we're breaking against fewer defenders than attackers. A bit of movement to stretch them, moving the ball to commit people, a little 1-2... anything other than just running in a straight line and scuffing a shot through 2 defenders.

It's really frustrating. 2/3rds of our play is similar to last season but the quality at the business end of the pitch turned scrappy 1-0's into total demolishings.

So then, Mario should start every game then? We've already been here, that is bonkers.

None of our fit strikers have done anything in an LFC shirt and you're favourite has got more chances than anyone else.

He's the most likely to score and he needs to find form.

Borini offers nothing to the team absolutely nothing.

Not doubt Balotelli is the most talented. He's also the laziest player in the squad.

Agreed, it's very frustrating to watch. He's big and powerful with a decent touch. Mario could be so much better, If only he applied himself.

I notice he didn't give Lazers MOTM award to Mig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He ruins this change by persisting with Henderson at RWB. Tbh the praise for this change is way OTT. We still look poor, even if slightly better than before.

It's not little things he's being pulled up on. It's big things. Poor transfers. Alienating players. Poor tactics. Poor results. Small things while all that's going on make it even more frustrating to be honest.

What players has he alienated?

Also Al, if you're moaning about tactics and results being a big deal, why exactly were you moaning last season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

He's the most likely to score

Balotelli has done nothing in the last 5 months to suggest this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i agree with one poster who said take stevie and borini out and sterling and sturridge in and that is one tasty attacking line up. still i will be disgusted if a top class replacement for mignolet isn't signed this transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

On todays form, Balotelli is most likely to give the ball away.
    I thought Borini's running opened up space for others in attack, which is more than can be said for Mario (he actually has to do some running for there to be a comparison).

Based on what?

Mario scored a modest amount of goals last season, I haven''t checked but I would imagine Borini and Lambert came close to his tally.

Borini is a loose cannon but Mario isn't. Mario wouldn't run to save his life, yet Borini runs too much.

Palm Face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Seen plenty of plaudits for Markovic and Lucas after but I though Emre Can was absolutely outstanding and would've been my MOTM. But in a display no matter where he plays.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement