Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

5live wrote: »
    Naw, he doesn't post here any more ;-(

It's a pity. I mostly disagreed with him on here but since he has gone, we chat a lot more and actually agree a lot more also.

If you want his twitter account, pm me and I'll link you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City and Chelsea are looking at Bony is in the Times..

If true we won't be signing Bony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Will Moreno get the nod or will Markowitz get it?

Have we signed Lazar's Israeli cousin, oi vay!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

really looking forward to leicester. They have had their one win out of the way now, were bound to get one eventually. Won't get 2 in a row so expecting another 3 or 4 goals in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

City and Chelsea are looking at Bony is in the Times..

If true we won't be signing Bony.

If he has any ambition he wont go to either of them clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

niallo27 wrote: »
    If he has any ambition he wont go to either of them clubs.

If he was to choose Liverpool he'd have to ask himself are Liverpool going to overtake Arsenal? As the top 3 are cemented for years imo. If not then he's plying his trade in Europa, where he has done that already. Could fancy a bit part role in the champs league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hope we play pretty much the same team. Extremely lucky not to lose Sterling - he 100% deserved a ban. Hopefully this can become the error that shapes our success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The other lad deserved the whistle blown and to be dealt with before Sterling got involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Who is he the "Next"?
    Mirror going with Argentinan Luciano Vietto (Villarreal) to Liverpool. Scored 12 goals in all comps so far. Only 21 though

http://www.transfermarkt.com/luciano-vietto/leistungsdaten/spieler/214316

He is a midget, so must be the next Maradonna, Messi or Joesph Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Augeo wrote: »
    19 games to gain 5 points on 3 teams, all going well it will be less on Thursday evening.
    I'm not sure if that was a typo or an acceptance that finishing in the Champions League places is beyond us. Either way I'll bite and state the obvious: Liverpool are currently eighth in the league, there are four teams between us and the fourth Champions League place. Gaining three places only moves us up to fifth.

You make it sound simple by ignoring the fact who the opponents are. A plan that hinges on "all going well" - it hasn't worked in the first half of the season and there is no logical reason to expect it will for the next 19 league games.

We await the return of Daniel Sturridge to kick start the season in January. Arsenal await the return of Wellbeck, Walcott, Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere and Arteta. Will our one player trump the contributions of their six?

If "all going well" is the plan, then why not target third place? What's another 3 points when you have 19 games to play? Man Utd have Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Rojo, Valencia and Fellaini out injured.

We have 19 games to gain 8 points on 5 teams - all going well it sounds possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Goalkeeper Cech.

1 of these 3 French midfield players Cabaye, Sissoko or Schneiderlin

Striker Lacazette.

Make it happen Brendan/Transfer committee/FSG.
    What happened to the Russian shopping trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Rodgers this morning: "There won't be much, if any, transfer activity from us this January."
    That would be insane and depressing in equal parts if true.

Talisman wrote: »
    What happened to the Russian shopping trip?

We all know Brendan/Transfer Committee/FSG will go for overpriced non-proven English players because it looks like they don't know other leagues exist outside the PL. :P

So just going for players who played in or are playing in the PL.

Just hoping while they look at the French guys they notice Lacazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Just listening to Rodgers press conference and it seems that Lovren will get right back into the team once fit. Might have only been for one game and a short stint against Burnley but Can has not looked bad in defence.

Lovren---Can---Sakho.

I can handle that if Lovren can get his form back.

Lovren---Can---Sakho.

I can handle that if Lovren can get his form back.

I just cannot see Rodgers dropping Skrtel once he is back from his suspension, so either Can or Sakho gets dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

mav79 wrote: »
    I just cannot see Rodgers dropping Skrtel once he is back from his suspension, so either Can or Sakho gets dropped.

Which would be wrong on so many levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Goalkeeper Cech.

1 of these 3 French midfield players Cabaye, Sissoko or Schneiderlin

Striker Lacazette.

Make it happen Brendan/Transfer committee/FSG.

Cech wold be class but his age and his wages might not go down well with the board.
    I would love Cabaye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Cech wold be class but his age and his wages might not go down well with the board.
    I would love Cabaye

The whole age profile thing goes out the window a bit when it comes to goalkeepers tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It's good to see that the 3-4-3 system seems to be taking affect but people still have every right to be doubtful on Rodgers.

The transfer dealings. The tactics in Europe. The goalkeeper situation. Taking 3 months to figure out this 3-4-3 system.

Looking at things positively if results go our way tomorrow we are only 3 points off 4th place but this can also be seen as very frustrating as we should not have lost games to Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Newcastle, drawing with Sunderland, drawing with Hull. So many points lost. 2 points out of those 5 games is criminal. The minimum expected from those fixtures would be 10 points and we would be sitting comfortably in the top 4.

If we fall any further behind before the Europa League begins again then we have to focus all our efforts on winning that competition as it would be the only realistic way of getting CL next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

mosstin wrote: »
    Rodgers this morning: "There won't be much, if any, transfer activity from us this January."

Well that spoiled my morning :(

Hoping that means maybe up to two players- goalie and either a striker or a midfielder who can control the tempo of a game (latter is unlikely to be available in January though)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Nah I wouldn't believe that...there will surely be some activity. He's just trying to play it down. Waiting for the right deal and all that. January is going to be a long month.

I would be very surprised if we don't bring in a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Few ways you can read into that. Doesn't surprise me too much but would have expected 1 striker at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wouldn't be insane by any stretch.....it means the owners are saying make do with the players you spent silly money on, cant blame the owners for that being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I'll be surprised if there are many comings and goings in Jan.
    A goalkeeper but that's all I'm expecting tbh. Might see a loan deal but very little permanent deals is my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

mav79 wrote: »

Sound Sakho it is then. Skrtel on merit should still be there ahead of the headless chicken that is Sakho. Can, Skrtel and let Sakho/Lovren fight it out for the last spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sound Sakho it is then. Skrtel on merit should still be there ahead of the headless chicken that is Sakho. Can, Skrtel and let Sakho/Lovren fight it out for the last spot.
    Sakho is better than Skrtel. Every since Skrtel became a regular we have been conceding alot of goals. Sakho also brings it out from the back well & provides better balance being left footed.
    Sakho made one mistake monday but other than that he done very well. Deserves a run in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lovern should not be back in defence. And Sahko is far from a headless chicken.

Our defence has been considerably better since Sakho has come in, he should be a guaranteed starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

brevity wrote: »
    Lovern should not be back in defence. And Sahko is far from a headless chicken.

Yes he is, and to bring MD1990's point into it it's happened more than once. Even worse is that everytime he makes a mistake it takes him a couple of minutes to get his head together. The two examples I can give would be the Swansea game and the Man City game of last season.

Mistakes can happen but for a £16m-20m defender to fall to pieces every time it happens is the thing that's unforgivable for me. Skrtel on the other hand does recover and he'll also show tremendous fight.

EDIT I'm not saying Sakho shouldn't start, I'd have him ahead of Lovren. But he still has a lot to prove and I'm tired of the constant dumping on Skrtel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Which came first? Skrtel or the egg??

Failure to sign players in Jan = no top 4.

It's that simple imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I like Skrtel and his heart is always in the right place. However I always rated Agger far ahead of him as Skrtel's decision making can be very poor and has cost us a heap of goals. He also gets turned very easy and can be rash committing to silly tackles when he shouldn't. I think with a proper run of games Sakho could be a big player for us. Can needs to be in the team as a CB or holding midfielder too. Really like the look of him, he also came highly recommended by former legend Sami Hyypia so I'd respect his judgement of a player.

On the signings we definitely need a goalkeeper and a replacement for Mario if we can offload him.

Yes he is, and to bring MD1990's point into it it's happened more than once. Even worse is that everytime he makes a mistake it takes him a couple of minutes to get his head together. The two examples I can give would be the Swansea game and the Man City game of last season.

Mistakes can happen but for a £16m-20m defender to fall to pieces every time it happens is the thing that's unforgivable for me. Skrtel on the other hand does recover and he'll also show tremendous fight.

EDIT I'm not saying Sakho shouldn't start, I'd have him ahead of Lovren. But he still has a lot to prove and I'm tired of the constant dumping on Skrtel.
    How did you think Skrtel did for the goal against Swansea and the pass from Sakho straight after? The way I saw it was that yet again Skrtel is on the back foot, not marking anyone and trying to pass off defensive responsibilities to someone else. Even the short pass that Sakho made would not have been a problem if Skrtel moved forward instead of backwards. It was a poor pass across the box by Sakho but it should not have caused such panic. I would prefer to have Sakho in the defence ahead of every other defender we have. He attacks the ball instead of backing off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Skrtel has his own fair share of mistakes, a lot more than two, just because he's got his head wrapped in a bandage doesn't mean he's got fight in him.

Skrtel seems to get away with murder. Unless he's being coached correctly, he's a liability.

brevity wrote: »
    Skrtel seems to get away with murder. Unless he's being coached correctly, he's a liability.

Big time.

The odd goal he gets too covers the cracks nicely. He is not a top class centre half by any stretch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

rarnes1 wrote: »

It's that simple imo.

Agreed ... although I think top 4 is beyond us already. It's going to take a ridiculously good run of form to even have us in with a chance and at the moment there is too much fragility in the team.

RayCon wrote: »
    Agreed ... although I think top 4 is beyond us already. It's going to take a ridiculously good run of form to even have us in with a chance and at the moment there is too much fragility in the team.

I don't see how it's behind us with some shrewd signings.

It's only a 5 point gap with 57 points to play for. We are outsiders but hardly no hopers for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

rarnes1 wrote: »

It's that simple imo.

The truth is we never replaced Suarez. We are still crying out for a top class replacement. The priority in the summer should have been spending as much of the Suarez money as necessary on the best player available. That should still be the priority in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tusky wrote: »
    The truth is we never replaced Suarez. We are still crying out for a top class replacement. The priority in the summer should have been spending as much of the Suarez money as necessary on the best player available. That should still be the priority in January.

This.

To do no business in Jan would be inexcusable & would lead me to believe the owners are growing tired of Rodgers.

If he's their man, they should back him. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The other lad deserved the whistle blown and to be dealt with before Sterling got involved.

If you react badly to something or retaliate the same way you should be punished just as much as the other person.

Saying it's okay as long as someone else does it just isn't right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

God Almighty, bar injuries Lovren should be no where near our starting line up in the league at the moment. Sakho deserves a run of games to finally prove himself.

Play Lovren against the crazy gang in the cup, and then revert back to the team that beat Swansea and hopefully Leicester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This.

To do no business in Jan would be inexcusable & would lead me to believe the owners are growing tired of Rodgers.

If he's their man, they should back him. Simple as.

You just can't wait can you? :D

Never believe a word spoken by managers just before a transfer window.

You just can't wait can you? :D

Never believe a word spoken by managers just before a transfer window.

Exactly

The same manager said he wouldn't be signing Mario for **** sake. Pinch of salt and all that.

Embarrassing the amount of fans hoping the manager fails... :confused: but they're the proper fans so how dare we argue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Neither Sakho nor Skrtel are top class.

Some people prefer one to another, but both are prone to errors.

For me, I feel edgy every time the ball goes near Sakho - he strikes me as having that awful combination of supreme self confidence and an uncanny knack for making a mess of things. When teaWhenut pressure on him he's particularly prone to error, I don't think this is the same with skrtel, he makes a mess of things by himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Which came first? Skrtel or the egg??

Polishing off the Xmas brandy this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ridiculous to say the owners are doubting the manager because they won't back him during the transfer window. He had plenty of money during the summer and it should have been made clear that some should have been held back until January, with the benefit of hindsight it would have been better than bringing in Balotelli.

If I was the owners I'd want a clear transfer policy in place and an end to the politics before putting another penny into the club.

Also wouldn't be unheard of for a manager the deny bringing anyone in before signing a player, although if there is anything to the Berahino links I'd rather 'The Rodgers' was telling the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Lovren, complete joker. Reading his name even pisses me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Kunkka wrote: »
    Exactly

The same manager said he wouldn't be signing Mario for **** sake. Pinch of salt and all that.

Embarrassing the amount of fans hoping the manager fails... :confused: but they're the proper fans so how dare we argue.

Yet another point which is focused on the perceived motivations of another poster, instead of discussing the team or events. Just dragging the thread into the realms of school-yard "them vrs us" arguments. Tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

A GK should be priority no1, striker No2 but only a top drawer one as I couldn't stomach another Mario or Lambert. And that's it unless a player leaves to make room.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement