Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

On todays form, Balotelli is most likely to give the ball away.
    I thought Borini's running opened up space for others in attack, which is more than can be said for Mario.

Of course it does. What is the key ingredient we are missing. Especially before Sterling went up top????

MOVEMENT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

good 3 pts never an easy place to go.

Outstanding x 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

On todays form, Balotelli is most likely to give the ball away.
    I thought Borini's running opened up space for others in attack, which is more than can be said for Mario (he actually has to do some running for there to be a comparison).

You have a stiffie for Borini don't you? He's way below the standard expected. As is Balotelli but everything Borini did today was to prove he ain't up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I'd rather Borini's movement then Mario's lack of. Neither score but Borini helps the team to play and Mario doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can, Markovic, Sakho, Lucas - its been a good day for wastes of money :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i think its an utter disgrace that both sterling went on a little holiday to jamaica and that rodgers allowed it during the middle of the season. lost alot of respect for sterling today. on a beach with a pina colada while the team is playing for a vital 3 points..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

mosstin wrote: »
    You have a stiffie for Borini don't you? He's way below the standard expected. As is Balotelli but everything Borini did today was to prove he ain't up to it.

Jaysus no, I'd say he's average at best, but I think he fits into the team better than Balotelli or Lambert with what he offers.

I'd rather we bought a decent back up striker so that we weren't relying on any of those three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Emre can looks a great buy. Only 20 and the composure he shows his wonderful. He's doing a job at the back but I would prefer him in midfield, his bursts forward remind of yaya toure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i think its an utter disgrace that both sterling went on a little holiday to jamaica and that rodgers allowed it during the middle of the season. lost alot of respect for sterling today. on a beach with a pina colada while the team is playing for a vital 3 points..

must try harder 4 out of 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He was told to go. What you want him to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Borini helped with with Lazar's Goal. Setup 2 of Gerrard's Chances and almost Scored as well.

In that Sense, he has been better in the Side than Mario.

and that may be true but everything Mario & Lambert has done to date proves the same.

So, for someone to say without question Mario over Borini or vice versa makes absolutely no sense what so ever

We picked up 3 points.

If we hadn't I'd probably be raging too.

Now he should be well rested

rob316 wrote: »
    Emre can looks a great buy. Only 20 and the composure he shows his wonderful. He's doing a job at the back but I would prefer him in midfield, his bursts forward remind of yaya toure.

Defo wasn't a BR signing so... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

J/k. He is getting better with each game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Nice to win.

Should've been out of sight, then Lucas needed to be at his best on occasions to see us through against ten men.

I want to be really positive, but that 2nd half makes it tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

If we beat Leicester we'd be 5th now.
    Sigh :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Our PL form with Lucas - WLWWWDDWWDW

Without - LWLDWDLLLL

Balotelli not putting in effort or running is one the biggest fallacies going. I was only talking to someone in the pub about it last night and he also was saying the same. Mario does far more running and puts in far more effort than people are willing to acknowledge. I'm convinced people are watching a different match at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brendan has said again that January will be quiet.

Quiet as in a GK, defender, midfielder and at least one striker I hope.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Brendan has said again that January will be quiet.

Quiet as in a GK, defender, midfielder and at least one striker I hope.

We wont be signing anyone unless we sell

niallo27 wrote: »
    He was told to go. What you want him to do.

how was i supposed to know? ridiclous that he is over there regardless of whos decision it was.

Balotelli not putting in effort or running is one the biggest fallacies going. I was only talking to someone in the pub about it last night and he also was saying the same. Mario does far more running and puts in far more effort than people are willing to acknowledge. I'm convinced people are watching a different match at times.

:D another gem.

How many pints in were you and this football genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

We won thats all that matters for the next couple of games.
    Delighted for markovic with the goal.

is our last loss the united game? things are definetly improving.

• Advertisement

I like Mario, but we tend to get over excited every time he makes a run, which by the way is not enough.

It has improved but he's still coming up short.

Augeo wrote: »
    That's the first win achieved.

18 from 27 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

Furthermore; Can, Lallana, Moreno, Markovic & Sakho all impressing in the last 9 games.
    Can & Markovic also showing versatility which is a valuable commodity.

T-K-O wrote: »
    and that may be true but everything Mario & Lambert has done to date proves the same.

So, for someone to say without question Mario over Borini or vice versa makes absolutely no sense what so ever

Just heard Rodgers say that he expects a 'quiet' transfer window. Which will probably leave us with what we have and that's depressing. Ultimately though we're debating which of our 3 non-scoring strikers should be selected. 3 points and a clean sheet though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The second half was clear as day. With a less mobile, willing striker, there was less movement, there was no creativity at all, bar a few wayward Coutinho shots. A few crosses in from Moreno.

First half Gerrard and Markovic and Henderson were breaking through and centre-halves were all over the place. It's clear as day the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

rob316 wrote: »

Yeah I think Can could be a brilliant for us. Himself and Markovich look good from the summer signings along with Lallana.

Balotelli is just a write off. Lovern as well and that's a disappointment because I thought he was just what we needed.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    The second half was clear as day. With a less mobile, willing striker, there was less movement, there was no creativity at all, bar a few wayward Coutinho shots. A few crosses in from Moreno.

First half Gerrard and Markovic and Henderson were breaking through and centre-halves were all over the place. It's clear as day the difference.

Gerrard not playing made a huge difference.

Also Lazer switched wings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

3 points on the board is all we can ask for. Today proved that Sturridge cannot come back quick enough, as he would've put a chance or two away the first half and the game would have then been out of sight.

A better team that Sunderland probably could've got something out of that game, as we allowed them back into the game at times in the second half and right up until the final whistle I was concerned Lovren/Mignolet et al would fcuk it up.

Can the ride showed that he has the qualities to boss this league and Sakho was our best defender again. Lucas broke up play very well and Markovic was excellent first half, until he was bizarrely moved from his position in the second half.

is our last loss the united game? things are definetly improving.

Yep, that's the only defeat in last 9 PL games.

Well you haven't mentioned the fact that we replaced Gerrard with Lovren. That made a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just heard Rodgers say that he expects a 'quiet' transfer window. Which will probably leave us with what we have and that's depressing. Ultimately though we're debating which of our 3 non-scoring strikers should be selected. 3 points and a clean sheet though.

What's he supposed to say. "We're gonna sign three top class players". If he did say that and it turned out we didn't he would be lambasted.

Who actually takes what managers say as gospel anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

lazar is playing well within himself i think,not fully confident 100 % ..will come with more experience...exciting prospect,along with can

Let's hope he's telling fibs again because we can all agree on one thing, we need a striker.

This is how I would see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Only 1 defeat in our last 13 games in all comps now. Must admit it doesn't feel like that at times. Shows how poorly we started.

Let's hope he's telling fibs again because we can all agree on one thing, we need a striker.

I'd say he's banking on a fit Sturridge and a rested Sterling tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

neither Mario or Boroni is the answer but I start Boroni a thousand time ahead of Mario.
    He doesn't have the end product we need in a striker but neither does any other options we have in the club bar Sturridge.

I though his movement was good today and the team looks far more potent with him in it than Mario.

Gerard first half as AM was good again today ,and that's the only position we should use him for the rest of his time here.

Saw the Sunderland fans leaving in the 85th minute today ,how do you leave early only 1 goal down against our defence !!!

• Advertisement

I think when people refer to running and effort as a footballer, they mean in terms of the natural running and effort which is required when you are an athlete like, for example, a footballer

Balotelli running and making an effort to prove he runs and makes an effort doesn't exactly equate to goals and being good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

What's he supposed to say. "We're gonna sign three top class players". If he did say that and it turned out we didn't he would be lambasted.

Who actually takes what managers say as gospel anyway.

If this is the case why couldn't he say we're looking to sign players? :)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd say he's banking on a fit Sturridge and a rested Sterling tbh

You know what, I would be OK with a GK and a DM. Strikers of quality within our price range are few and far between.

You know what, I would be OK with a GK and a DM. Strikers of quality within our price range are few and far between.

A keeper is a must.

Id say a striker is a must too but for me a keeper is nearly a bigger priority

Don't be worrying about the transfer window this month lads. Plenty of money was spent in the summer and those players need time to develop. If you're moaning about the summer signings, it'd be very silly to be giving about about splashing millions in this window.

Unless there is someone of genuine class and a first teamer who you know for certain can be bought this month, keep the money for the summer.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    A keeper is a must.

Id say a striker is a must too but for me a keeper is nearly a bigger priority

Chances are, we won't be getting both in Jan. I would have to agree, GK first please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A keeper and a striker are needed.

Instead we will end up with another midfielder.

• Advertisement

For fear of boring guys following the thread, I will not say another word on Mario / Fabio today.

*unless quoted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement