Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

It appears assaidi has been recalled from loan and is being shipped off to the desert for 5mill, just as his entrance was random his exit will be just as random. Goodbye, sweet prince.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Apparently he Has played alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Allen is a spoofer through and through and there is no hope for him. He is too short too. I don't know what Brod was at. He had first hand experience of Allen and Borini.

What is it with managers doing that? How often does it work out?
    How much ****e have lfc managers brought from former clubs on arrival? Jobs for the boys, 'he's a nice lad and I want to stick him on the make a wish program.'

Paul Konchesky, Poulsen, Arrrrgh nightmares tonight lads, nightmares!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have to feel for Assaidi, been the biggest victim of the ongoing game of politics. I'd say he regrets coming to the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Wow, Andy Carroll

Great goal from Carroll today!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We should loan Carroll in for our 3 cup finals this year.

God that's depressing. Mignolet had 4 clean sheets in his last 32 games. Linda must be livid!!

Suarez would have squeezed in Borini's chance. :(

Great ball from Can though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Still trying to figure out what Mig was doing for the Johnson shot. Fair enough it served viciously but surely he has to throw his hands up in the direction of the ball.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Still trying to figure out what Mig was doing for the Johnson shot. Fair enough it served viciously but surely he has to throw his hands up in the direction of the ball.

Bit harsh. It really was a vicious swerve. Seeing it in slow motion he did well to move his body on the ground and out of the way.
    Could easily have hit him on the back and in like the Ulloa goal.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Bit harsh. It really was a vicious swerve. Seeing it in slow motion he did well to move his body on the ground and out of the way.
    Could easily have hit him on the back and in like the Ulloa goal.

I pointed out that it swerved but it surprised me that he didn't throw his hands in the direction of the ball.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We,can hold him until his contract is up and let him go for a free in the summer. We might not get a fee then but I would argue that the minimal fee we would receive then is worth less than what he adds to,the team until then.
    If the club let him before then,,it's madness!

I knew Lazar would come good. I think he will be a big player for us over the next 3-4 years. Still a bit to go yet though but the sky is the limit.

Lucas isn't out of contract this summer though. He is contracted until 2017 I think.

5starpool wrote: »
    Lucas isn't out of contract this summer though. He is contracted until 2017 I think.

Yep, makes no sense financially aside from anything else to sell now, Italian clubs are tight so won't be throwing money at us now compared to end of season.

Lucas didn't go mad forcing a move last summer after spending lots of time on the bench last season, he won't force a move now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'll say it now.

Berahino does look mighty. Raw but mighty. Needs some work done but if we sign him could be a serious partner for sturridge and sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'll say it now.

Berahino does look mighty. Raw but mighty. Needs some work done but if we sign him could be a serious partner for sturridge and sterling.

I'd love to see him sign, think he would suit how we play far better than Bony, Benteke and a few others mentioned

I'll say it now.

It's a more likely purchase than Higuain imo, at £20m the potential for FSG to lose their arse on berahino is low. You'd imagine one and a half Shane Longs price isn't too far off. £5m or the guts of it in for Assaidi would take some of the sting out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Letting Lucas go without a proven top class replacsment would be stupid. I hope it's not true.

Augeo wrote: »
    It's a more likely purchase than Higuain imo, at £20m the potential for FSG to lose their arse on berahino is low. You'd imagine one and a half Shane Longs price isn't too far off. £5m or the guts of it in for Assaidi would take some of the sting out of it.

£20 million on a player who's had half a season of reasonably regular scoring would be ridiculous. It is remarkable how sometimes people try to justify the most bizarre things. Signing Berahino at the price quoted would be insanity.

• Advertisement

£20 million on a player who's had half a season of reasonably regular scoring would be ridiculous. It is remarkable how sometimes people try to justify the most bizarre things. Signing Berahino at the price quoted would be insanity.

Yawn..... In the absence of a crystal ball as I said you likely wouldn't lose your arse on the deal. The risk is about half the purchase price.

Given the FFP carry on its unlikely unless someone takes Borini for the guts of £10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You're dead right. Don't let the apologists & excuse makers try & shout you down.

Yawn..... In the absence of a crystal ball as I said you likely wouldn't lose your arse on the deal. The risk is about half the purchase price.

Given the FFP carry on its unlikely unless someone takes Borini for the guts of £10m.

Everyone said we wouldn't lose our arse on the Mario deal. What would we get for a guy now who hasn't managed a league goal. I reckon we will actually lose our arse on that one. Isn't 20 million a ****pile of money to be throwing at a player who's had one decent half season? Would you spend the same on Charlie Austin? Danny Ings?
    Hearing that he's been late for match day on 3 separate occasions doesn't inspire confidence in his application either. Nope, it's one of those lazy deals we sometimes seem to do because we can't be arsed to scout alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We don't need moneyball. We need actual proven quality.

sell Borini for 7m, add another 3m to the 20m we'd have to pay for the 'been decent for a few months' Berahino, and buy a 30m striker.

by the way, Lazacette and Lavezzi would both be cheaper than Berahino. And I don't even scout as a profession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Letting Lucas go without a proven top class replacsment would be stupid. I hope it's not true.

Lucas is pivotal to the rest of our season. I've nevé been a fan of him as a playr, but he offers that protection that our defence badly needs. Our recent few clean sheets are more down to lucas playing more than anything else.

Did anybody see rodgers on motd, did he mention anything about how sh** our defence is?

SlickRic wrote: »
    ...... And I don't even scout as a profession.

Seriously?
    I was so so sure you did.

• Advertisement

I'll say it now.

poolboy wrote: »
    I'd love to see him sign, think he would suit how we play far better than Bony, Benteke and a few others mentioned

Don't worry lads, I'll take all the flak :D

Can't wait to hear how we dodged FFP to sign multiple players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/saido-berahino-stalling-new-west-4954668

'Berahino's refusal to celebrate any of his four FA Cup goals against Gateshead last week didn't go down well at the Hawthorns'

sounds just like the sort of lad we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I dont like these fuçkers who down tools and try and force their move. Shows poor character on their part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dont like these fuçkers who down tools and try and force their move. Shows poor character on their part.

He shouldn't worry, West Brom know the deal. Make us sweat a bit and an over the odds bid is inevitable. They must love seeing us come. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Down tools? Scored in his last 4 games including 5 in his last two. I wish Balotelli would down tools so. He's a young lad with a short career who has had his head turned by interest from bigger clubs so what, he's still playing and scoring for west brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TheHopeful

God that's depressing. Mignolet had 4 clean sheets in his last 32 games. Linda must be livid!!

I just did a quick check.....4 clean sheets in his last 9 Premiership matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I think he'd fit in perfect with the way we play. He's got plenty of pace and he can take the penalties next season, taking over from stevie.

Every signing is a bit of a risk, who's to say a 30m proven goal scorer in another league would be an instant success in the Pl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rodgers post match interview.

http://youtu.be/MC-JgQN05ws

TheHopeful wrote: »

That's what the beeb said when the highlights started

http://instagram.com/p/xravGTBtEY/?modal=true

Posted by Lovren in the coach after the game. Check out the case of Tiger beer!!

Papers reporting City are interested in Lacazette for 25 million! Looking to offload Jovetic to Juventus for 20 million to cover it.

TheHopeful wrote: »

Went through it myself too. Before yesterday he had 5 clean sheets since the start of the season or 5 in 30 games. Spurs away, Hull home, Sunderland home, Stoke home and Burnley away.

It says more about our defending than his ability to keep a clean sheet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

http://instagram.com/p/xravGTBtEY/?modal=true

Posted by Lovren in the coach after the game. Check out the case of Tiger beer!!

That **** is rank.

Remember Suarez?

Tried to force a move to Arsenal and was made train on his own.

I'd say a good proportion would kill their granny to get a big move.

• Advertisement

_80187423_liverpool_twitter.jpg

This will sound like a ultra grump but theres too many pics celebrating a 1-0 win over a side in the bottom half of the table who were also down to 10 men.

I think it's telling Gerrard isn't in either of the pics. It just smacks of mediocrity.

It's good that they all seem together. But this togetherness rarely translates onto the pitch of a team determined to win at all costs so far this season.

It'll count for **** all unless they follow it up at Villa.

Augmerson wrote: »

This will sound like a ultra grump but theres too many pics celebrating a 1-0 win over a side in the bottom half of the table who were also down to 10 men.

I think it's telling Gerrard isn't in either of the pics. It just smacks of mediocrity.

It's good that they all seem together. But this togetherness rarely translates onto the pitch of a team determined to win at all costs so far this season.

It'll count for **** all unless they follow it up at Villa.

Celebrating?

Looks they are smiling for a photo. Big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Augmerson wrote: »

Is Gerrard in that photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Is Gerrard in that photo?

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Papers reporting City are interested in Lacazette for 25 million! Looking to offload Jovetic to Juventus for 20 million to cover it.
    I would not be surprised if City buy Lacazette for that price and we pay nearly the same for Berahino :(. We are never going to improve the team by just buying squad players like Berahino, Delph and Milner. Hopefully its just paper talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Gerrard is just hidden behind Lambert.
    B7ACaE4IQAAZbNa.jpg:large

mav79 wrote: »
    Gerrard is just hidden behind Lambert.
    B7ACaE4IQAAZbNa.jpg:large

I would have held that back for a few hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Maybe Gerrard took the picture or was giving an interview.
    People are reading far too much into trivial things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Are people really trying to make something out of Gerrard not being in the photo?

He just didn't make it in time. He's behind Ricky with Hendo
    http://instagram.com/p/xrfQq6BiF-/

Very telling he's not in the photo ? Give over lads

https://twitter.com/MostarLFC/status/553950436823007235?s=09/

• Advertisement

Ah Stevie....nevermind.

I am happy for the win. 3 points is 3 points.

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement