Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Are people really trying to make something out of Gerrard not being in the photo?

He just didn't make it in time. He's behind Ricky with Hendo
    http://instagram.com/p/xrfQq6BiF-/

Very telling he's not in the photo ? Give over lads

https://twitter.com/MostarLFC/status/553950436823007235?s=09/

Like I said the other day...we're gonna have to go through this shite after every single game for the rest of the season. I wasn't expecting it to be this daft so soon though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

People will make something out of anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Like I said the other day...we're gonna have to go through this shite after every single game for the rest of the season. I wasn't expecting it to be this daft so soon though...

2013-09-06-fireworks-fulltext.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS, LIVERPOOL HAVE DONE IT! THEY'VE DEFEATED SUNDERLAND BY 1-0!!!

celebrations680_w608.jpg?width=800&height=600&scale=LIMIT_MAXSIZE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear how we dodged FFP to sign multiple players

Huge profit on Suarez I suppose.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

This season has turned some of us into miserable ****ers.......

• Advertisement

While the second half yesterday wasn't the prettiest we looked pretty comfortable throughout,apart from Johnston hitting the crossbar(the wind caught Mignolet out,I think).

We're all quick enough to jump on points dropped in games,myself included,so it's worth remembering Sunderland is a tough place to go to. Man Utd,Spurs,Everton and Chelsea have all dropped points there. Also the weather was horrific. A bit of credit is due I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Papers reporting City are interested in Lacazette for 25 million! Looking to offload Jovetic to Juventus for 20 million to cover it.

Id happily take jovetic for 20 million, still young with "potential" and way more proven than berahino. Money ballllll signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/saido-berahino-stalling-new-west-4954668

'Berahino's refusal to celebrate any of his four FA Cup goals against Gateshead last week didn't go down well at the Hawthorns'

sounds just like the sort of lad we need
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dont like these fuçkers who down tools and try and force their move. Shows poor character on their part.

I'm not sure the non celebration was his way of trying to force a move, I thought it was more in annoyance that Pulis has been trying to whore him to other clubs the minute he's stepped through the door. Before that FA cup game there was various reports that he was available for the right price and that Pulis wanted to reinvest the cash throughout the squad, it looked like an intentional leak from Palace.

Augmerson wrote: »
    2013-09-06-fireworks-fulltext.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS, LIVERPOOL HAVE DONE IT! THEY'VE DEFEATED SUNDERLAND BY 1-0!!!

celebrations680_w608.jpg?width=800&height=600&scale=LIMIT_MAXSIZE

^^^See my post above. Last season seems to have spoiled some of us...can't score 5 in every game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We,can hold him until his contract is up and let him go for a free in the summer. We might not get a fee then but I would argue that the minimal fee we would receive then is worth less than what he adds to,the team until then.
    If the club let him before then,,it's madness!
    Well it's not a case that the player is pushing for a move. Last summer the club accepted an offer from Napoli late in the transfer window and told him he could go. Lucas didn't agree terms so the transfer didn't go through. In the interview he did afterwards he said that he hadn't expected an offer to be accepted and was quite happy to stay and compete for a place in the Liverpool team. It certainly seems like the club are happy to cash in on the player without having a replacement available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It'll actually be hilarious if we get done under FFP after listening to the apologists go on about how how FSG & Rodgers have had to work under constraints so as not to breach it & live within our means.

"Can't just buy success", "have to pick up young players with potential" etc etc......if, despite our ****e business in the transfer market & overall ****ty strategy, we're actually in breach of FFP....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It'll actually be hilarious if we get done under FFP after listening to the apologists go on about how how FSG & Rodgers have had to work under constraints so as not to breach it, "can't just buy success", "have to pick up young players with potential" etc etc......if, despite our ****e business in the transfer market, we're actually in breach of FFP....:rolleyes:

We have just as many trolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Garth Bale was boo'd last night....cheeky loan offer?

Is "Apologists" the new "Retards"?

There is actually a significant level of crossover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

NukaCola wrote: »

I was always a miserable fcuker.

You're gonna get crucified for that statement.

Garth Bale was boo'd last night....cheeky loan offer?

Booed for not passing to Ronaldo.

You couldn't make it up

Booed for not passing to Ronaldo.

You couldn't make it up

Its Real Madrid at Ronaldo so you don't need to.

See what I did there.

You're gonna get crucified for that statement.

Very melodramatic of you. It's factual. There is.

Honestly, imagine if despite all the talk from Henry, FSG & Rodgers about FFP & our strategy of bringing in young players with potential & improving them.

If we're found in breach of FFP one would have to assume Ayre (and all the money men at the club) will be getting sacked.

• Advertisement

Honestly, imagine if despite all the talk from Henry, FSG & Rodgers about FFP & our strategy of bringing in young players with potential & improving them.

If we're found in breach of FFP one would have to assume Ayre (and all the money men at the club) will be getting sacked.

I agree with your post but it's the whole apologists/retards thing you'll get crucified for so no,I don't think I'm being melodramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh man that picture really sums up this thread.

It also totally ignores how much Gerrard was celebrating even more so after the match itself!

https://twitter.com/Mootaz_LFC/status/553925125532164098
    You're dead right. Don't let the apologists & excuse makers try & shout you down.

What's funny about this is how you still don't mind spending £35 million on Andy Carroll due to a good half of a season.

Just to be clear I don't want to spend £20 million on Berahino. Waste of money.

Redcafe rates Berahino, so I think Liverpool should buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

tok9 wrote: »
    What's funny about this is how you still don't mind spending £35 million on Andy Carroll due to a good half of a season.

It all depends on who the manager is at the time. Because Kenny was there at the time FSG spent the £35m, it's fine. That's totally fine.

You can imagine the outrage though if Rodgers was manager when that money was spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It also totally ignores how much Gerrard was celebrating even more so after the match itself!

I think the fact that he is wearing a black training top whilst the players wear yellow jerseys is significant and shows that he is not at one with the team.
    No doubt the apologists will ignore this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Aspas on the bench again for Sevilla. Looks like we're going to take a hell of a bath on the £9M we paid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's mote about who bought/buys the player.

Rafa buys Carroll....world class.
    Kenny buys Carroll....decent.
    'The Rodgers' buys Carroll....sack him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is Gerrard in that photo?
    I would have held that back for a few hours!
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Maybe Gerrard took the picture or was giving an interview.
    People are reading far too much into trivial things.
    Are people really trying to make something out of Gerrard not being in the photo?

He just didn't make it in time. He's behind Ricky with Hendo
    http://instagram.com/p/xrfQq6BiF-/

Very telling he's not in the photo ? Give over lads

https://twitter.com/MostarLFC/status/553950436823007235?s=09/
    SlickRic wrote: »
    People will make something out of anything.
    NukaCola wrote: »

It's funny what just asking a simple question on this thread results in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

A sneaky bid for danny ings not the greatest quality I admit but constantly harnesses defenders which suits our pressing style is a bit of a knacker which we also need and can finish think he would've a good fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

A sneaky bid for danny ings not the greatest quality I admit but constantly harnesses defenders which suits our pressing style is a bit of a knacker which we also need and can finish think he would've a good fit

Quality player. Still very young

It doesn't sum up the thread, jesus christ. It's one persons opinion - my opinion - that it's a bit much to be celebrating a 1-0 over Sunderland with bottles of beer on the bus home and cheesey ****ing photos. I might have gotten it wrong about Gerrard but the point still stands. And no offense to Sunderland and all, they're a good side and other teams have found playing them at home tricky. We had a rake of chances to go 2-0 or even 3-0 up.

I wonder was the case of Tiger beer left over from last weekend when we threw away 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That **** is rank.

Tiger beer is delicious you crazy person!

What's funny about this is how you still don't mind spending £35 million on Andy Carroll due to a good half of a season

Total lie, I've always stated thd £35m for Carroll was horrendous business.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    It all depends on who the manager is at the time. Because Kenny was there at the time FSG spent the £35m, it's fine. That's totally fine.

You can imagine the outrage though if Rodgers was manager when that money was spent.

See above post.

I expect better from you tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's funny what just asking simple question on this thread results in.

And I just answered your question on the photo posted. One side of this is trying to read too much into it, I'd agree there!!

Lads they split a case of beer on a train journey.
    Footballers take group selfies when one of them has a sh!t these days.

Whats the big fcking deal?

We've been crap for a while now and look to have turned the corner and are on the way to being the form team of the league, I'll drink a tiger beer to that

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And I just answered your question on the photo posted. One side of this is trying to read too much into it, I'd agree there!!

It was actually Augmersons post saying it was telling that Stevie wasn't in the group photo that started it.

Like it would be beneath Gerrard to get in a group photo after beating Sunderland.

I feel like Lardass Hogan from that scene in Stand By Me where he started vomiting and then everyone was vomiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I dont know what all the fuss is about. If the team selfie shows anything, its great team spirit.

If we had of lost, I might have a different opinion on it.

It'll actually be hilarious if we get done under FFP after listening to the apologists go on about how how FSG & Rodgers have had to work under constraints so as not to breach it & live within our means.

"Can't just buy success", "have to pick up young players with potential" etc etc......if, despite our ****e business in the transfer market & overall ****ty strategy, we're actually in breach of FFP....:rolleyes:

When we are on a bad run you bitch and moan Alan, when we are on a 2 points per game run for 9 games since the bad run you resort to repeated use of the apologists taunt to get the dig in against those on here who may be seeing the much desired improvement we hoped for and expected, you than jump at the chance to suggest many are retards without actually saying it.

You're sad, bitter & slightly twisted.

Wtf happened this thread

arguecat.png

I'm sure FFP crossed their mind once or twice during the Summer, so don't worry your little cotton socks about it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I wonder was the case of Tiger beer left over from last weekend when we threw away 3 points.

Hilarious.... Of course they all piled onto the coach after dropping two points at ANFIELD and went for a cruise around Liverpool guzzling tiger beer to celebrate. Gerrard had a green tea and reflected on the great game he had.

It doesn't sum up the thread, jesus christ. It's one persons opinion - my opinion - that it's a bit much to be celebrating a 1-0 over Sunderland with bottles of beer on the bus home and cheesey ****ing photos. I might have gotten it wrong about Gerrard but the point still stands. And no offense to Sunderland and all, they're a good side and other teams have found playing them at home tricky. We had a rake of chances to go 2-0 or even 3-0 up.

It's probably a case or two of beer between the squad and backroom team, helps morale and the players can relax. No. Big deal.

Wtf happened this thread

Someone's been calling everyone that doesn't agree with him "apologists" and some people are sick of it. Simple.

EDIT: Just to add...I usually agree with Alan but the constant name calling just gets annoying. I've lost my temper and called posters names several times but all the time? Nah..fuck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

klose wrote: »
    Id happily take jovetic for 20 million, still young with "potential" and way more proven than berahino. Money ballllll signing.

Injuries would be a concern. If my ailing memory remembers he's suffered a few longish stints out before he moved to Man City.

W
    Someone's been calling everyone that doesn't agree with him "apologists" and some people are sick of it. Simple.

EDIT: Just to add...I usually agree with Alan but the constant name calling just gets annoying. I've lost my temper and called posters names several times but all the time? Nah..fuck that.

The latest retard tag sums it all up imo, true colours revealed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement