Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mr Alan wrote: »
    There is actually a significant level of crossover

Alan why do you post on here? You clearly get zero enjoyment out of supporting the club.

You've got a chip on your shoulder about something to do with Liverpool. Your constant negative forceful opinion is rightly starting to piss people off. We are all here for sensible discussion but your clearly feel the need to name call people who dont agree with you.

Its pretty sad to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I see he's still embarrassing himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Lads its a lot easier just to ignore.

I wouldn't bother my ball**** rising to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Bony off to Swansea, 28m sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augmerson wrote: »

They're paying 28m for their own player?

Jesus,i thought we were bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭dogbert27

was that the transfer committee's decision or Gary Monk's? :)

Good man Augmerson, on a roll today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Mr alan is perfectly entitled to his opinion. However one day he should realise other people are perfectly entitled to theirs, and disagreeing with him doesnt make them apologists/retards. I would also strongly suggest he stops following the club as it clearly doesnt bring him any joy whatsoever. "It would be hilarious if liverpool breached ffp rules" no it wouldnt, itd be ****ing ****, coz itd mean were haemerrhagging money, wont be able to sign players for the foreseeable future and possibly be banned from european football.

Its good to see gerrard in such high spirits in that vine, the team certainly look to be in good spirits and all pulling in the same direction.

**** sake :pac:

it's the demon drink i tells ya!

• Advertisement

**** sake :pac:

it's the demon drink i tells ya!

Tiger beer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rob316 wrote: »
    Alan why do you post on here? You clearly get zero enjoyment out of supporting the club.

You've got a chip on your shoulder about something to do with Liverpool. Your constant negative forceful opinion is rightly starting to piss people off.

I didn't enjoy supporting Liverpool much when I was a kid and Sounness and then Evans were managers. I loved supporting Liverpool from 1999 - 2009. I hated the bitter end of G & H. There were some great days under Kenny, and last season was great up until the death.

This season is NOT enjoyable.

The point is that we have nowhere else to go, changing teams isn't an option. But it would be foolish to pretend that it's always enjoyable. It's sport. You play to win the game.

This thread shouldn't be an echo chamber for positive sentiment. Some fans are pissed off.

What EVERYONE needs to bear in mind is getting annoyed with and questioning posts as distinct from posters. I'm working on that myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

MR NINE wrote: »
    Mr alan is perfectly entitled to his opinion. However one day he should realise other people are perfectly entitled to theirs, and disagreeing with him doesnt make them apologists/retards. I would also strongly suggest he stops following the club as it clearly doesnt bring him any joy whatsoever. "It would be hilarious if liverpool breached ffp rules" no it wouldnt, itd be ****ing ****, coz itd mean were haemerrhagging money, wont be able to sign players for the foreseeable future and possibly be banned from european football.

Its good to see gerrard in such high spirits in that vine, the team certainly look to be in good spirits and all pulling in the same direction.

Not being a prick, but this did make me smile. Looks like the kind of thing a Scottish team might have do to comply with FFP. :)
    I'd have to google the correct spelling myself in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's definitely zero craic compared to pasting teams last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

mosstin wrote: »
    Not being a prick, but this did make me smile. Looks like the kind of thing a Scottish team might have do to comply with FFP. :)
    I'd have to google the correct spelling myself in fairness.

Haha I was fairly sure I was spelling it wrong, I figured it was close enough for people to know what I meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's definitely zero craic compared to pasting teams last year.

A bit of me likes the idea of finishing 4th with a series of 1-0 wins and 0 goal difference, a bit like wearing new shoes and going for a walk - its not much fun but it's required for the long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think the fact that he is wearing a black training top whilst the players wear yellow jerseys is significant and shows that he is not at one with the team.
    No doubt the apologists will ignore this.

Are you for real!! You honestly make out just because he is wearing a black jumper he is not at one with the team, suffering jesus this has to be a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

What EVERYONE needs to bear in mind is getting annoyed with and questioning posts as distinct from posters. I'm working on that myself.

What everyone needs to bear in mind is that everyone has different opinions, and nobodies is more valid than anyone else. Calling some posters out on their negative opinion week after week is just as annoying, while calling someone retarded because they don't share your opinion is a pr*ckish thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Injuries would be a concern. If my ailing memory remembers he's suffered a few longish stints out before he moved to Man City.
    Since his cruciate ligament injury in 2010 he has had plenty of leg muscle injuries - he gets hamstring and calf muscle injuries 2/3 times a season. Man City are certainly into sports science so you would expect them to be managing him as best they can, in which case having him available for two thirds of the season is the best that any club could hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What everyone needs to bear in mind is that everyone has different opinions, and nobodies is more valid than anyone else. Calling some posters out on their negative opinion week after week is just as annoying, while calling someone retarded because they don't share your opinion is a pr*ckish thing to do.

And yet we've all been guilty of doing just that, including yourself Turtyturd.

It's easier said than done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Hopefully FSG are watching Arsenal and what you get when you pay for the best players available. No more punts on players like Aspas and Alberto. Buy a player that will significantly improve the team straight away, not one for the future or one that is a slight improvement on the poor players we have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

mav79 wrote: »
    Hopefully FSG are watching Arsenal and what you get when you pay for the best players available. No more punts on players like Aspas and Alberto. Buy a player that will significantly improve the team straight away, not one for the future or one that is a slight improvement on the poor players we have.

Apparently he is having a very good season. Should get the money back on him, maybe even a profit if he still deemed surplus to requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are you for real!! You honestly make out just because he is wearing a black jumper he is not at one with the team, suffering jesus this has to be a joke

It is a joke . He was aping the negative posting style of another poster.

Apparently he is having a very good season. Should get the money back on him, maybe even a profit if he still deemed surplus to requirement.

I'd be surprised if Malaga buy him for anything close to what we paid for him. He is getting very little game time in the last two or three months.

Looks like we're gonna double the money spent on Assaidi.

Woo.

#Moneyball

mav79 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Malaga buy him for anything close to what we paid for him. He is getting very little game time in the last two or three months.

Fair enough I haven't been following him, was going on what I seen posted elsewhere. How much did we pay £6m? Some reports that he has a bad attitude. He looks far more suited to Spain. Doesn't look to have much pace or the defensive instincts to make up for it, does look to have a lovely eye for a pass.

Kirby wrote: »
    And yet we've all been guilty of doing just that, including yourself Turtyturd.

It's easier said than done.

You're wrong. We ALL haven't called other posters retarded. I know I haven't.

This is my last word on the matter cos I'm sick of it now and I'm sure everyone else is too.

There's not much wrong with 2ppg over the last 9 games, can, lallana, markovic & Moreno alllooking like they'll contribute positively. Sakho looking decent, Sturridge to return.... 67 points or better might well be achieved.

Some like to focus on the first 12 games, in my eyes the recent 9 show the season is most definitely not over for us... Call me an apologist or a retard if that rocks your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think some have lost their grip on reality.

stash-1-511ff566cf1e6.gif?w=500&h=375

Shaqiri reveals why he chose Inter.

"But just I felt that Inter did most to get me. My gut feeling was with Inter.
    “I had wanted to join Liverpool over the summer, but Bayern would not agree to it. "That was not easy for me, but I had to accept it. That’s why I am glad that it has worked out with this move in the winter."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/551392/Xherdan-Shaqiri-Liverpool-Inter-revelation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Augeo wrote: »
    There's not much wrong with 2ppg over the last 9 games, can, lallana, markovic & Moreno alllooking like they'll contribute positively. Sakho looking decent, Sturridge to return.... 67 points or better might well be achieved.

Some like to focus on the first 12 games, in my eyes the recent 9 show the season is most definitely not over for us... Call me an apologist or a retard if that rocks your boat.

Thats the least I would have been expecting, considering we were playing some lowly teams amongst that lot. Our results have improved as the opposition has deteriorated, let's see where our ppg stands after the next 9 matches.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Shaqiri reveals why he chose Inter.

"But just I felt that Inter did most to get me. My gut feeling was with Inter.
    “I had wanted to join Liverpool over the summer, but Bayern would not agree to it. "That was not easy for me, but I had to accept it. That’s why I am glad that it has worked out with this move in the winter."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/551392/Xherdan-Shaqiri-Liverpool-Inter-revelation

**** sake. But yet we sell Bayern Reina no bother? Trying to work that one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If Alan apologises does that make him an apologist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

garra wrote: »
    Thats the least I would have been expecting, considering we were playing some lowly teams amongst that lot. Our results have improved as the opposition has deteriorated, let's see where our ppg stands after the next 9 matches.

Our results have improved since we dropped out of the champions euro league. We played pore opposition earlier in the season and dropped points.
    Let's see how we do when the uefa kicks off again.

UEFA.com has it that Shaqiri is only on loan till the end of the season.

**** sake. But yet we sell Bayern Reina no bother? Trying to work that one out.

The Germans clearly aren't familiar with the saying You scratch my back and i'll scratch yours.

Squad wise though things have improved hugely. Can/Sakho getting games. Lazar looking like a player. Sturridge about to return. Sterling had a good rest. Coutinho looks to be in great form. Things are looking up.

Bony to Utd. £25.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    If Alan apologises does that make him an apologist?

grouphug.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It's funny what just asking simple question on this thread results in.

I'm not sure why you quoted me in your post, I wasn't referring to you at all.

• Advertisement

On the flip side and I haven't seen it discussed much but how bad was Lovren when he came on yesterday? He has abosolutely no awareness or brain as a defender. He is simply a ball winner who attempts to tackle everything. He puts the fear of god in me everytime the ball comes near him. I'd be happy to see him shipped out this window for a fraction of what we paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's funny what just asking simple question on this thread results in.

My post wasn't directed at the person who asked the question.

It was more so showing how people will just look into anything to make an opinion/theory regarding something.
    It doesn't sum up the thread, jesus christ. It's one persons opinion - my opinion - that it's a bit much to be celebrating a 1-0 over Sunderland with bottles of beer on the bus home and cheesey ****ing photos.

It does for me due to the point I make above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Total lie, I've always stated thd £35m for Carroll was horrendous business.

Hardly a lie. I've read posts before where you said that it hasn't bothered you as much as other transfer business.

I'll put it this way. If we paid that sum in similar circumstances now, it'd be a "sackable offence".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Raging we didnt get Sanchez in the summer!!

On the flip side and I haven't seen it discussed much but how bad was Lovren when he came on yesterday? He has abosolutely no awareness or brain as a defender. He is simply a ball winner who attempts to tackle everything. He puts the fear of god in me everytime the ball comes near him. I'd be happy to see him shipped out this window for a fraction of what we paid.

Yeah for all Can's inexperience there was a nice balance to the defence. Leave Skrtel in the middle to make the last ditch tackles that he excels at and having two ball playing CB's either side of him meant there was options to bring the ball out. Once Lovren came on it was panic stations back there again.

garra wrote: »

Man city says hello, dropped points against Burnley and Everton.
    2ppg over 9 consecutive games in the PL is very decent, what was your expectation if that was the least expected?

Calling a spade a spade you didn't have a notion and are looking back at points dropped ignoring the achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Skrtel has been offered a new contract despite rumours of being courted by Vince McMahon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

2 ppg would be ok but we'll struggle in the big games to come unless there is a huge improvement. Coutinho is the only one capable of changing a game atm, Gerrard from set pieces and hope we knic a goal from somewhere. I think Coutinho is trying to hard as he has no confidence in Balotelli, Lambert or Borini. The positives are we aren't as bad defensively since Lucas is back and 3 CB's.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

K-9 wrote: »
    2 ppg would be ok but we'll struggle in the big games to come unless there is a huge improvement. Coutinho is the only one capable of changing a game atm, Gerrard from set pieces and hope we knic a goal from somewhere. I think Coutinho is trying to hard as he has no confidence in Balotelli, Lambert or Borini. The positives are we aren't as bad defensively since Lucas is back and 3 CB's.
    Would agree and it looks like we might not even try to buy a striker in the window, the last sentence is telling though, as it looks like Lucas will be sold :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Skrtel has been offered a new contract despite rumours of being courted by Vince McMahon

I heard that he's replacing Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

He was just awful yesterday. He didn't need to be brought on either. If a CM is preferred to him at CB in the first place then he should only be coming on if one of the back 3 is injured.

Balotelli should have went up front with Borini and Can and Markovic remained in their positions from the first half. Its decisions like that that really worry me about Rodgers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement