Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    I heard that he's replacing Kane.

Is he leaving Spurs?
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Unlikely to make the top 4, too many tough games left. Only hope is the Europa league now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

5starpool wrote: »
    Is he leaving Spurs?
    :pac:

Brick-Tamland1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ebbsy wrote: »
    Unlikely to make the top 4, too many tough games left. Only hope is the Europa league now.

We are 4 behind arsenal with 17 games to go we are right in contention at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

rob316 wrote: »
    We are 4 behind arsenal with 17 games to go we are right in contention at the moment.

Hope you are right, worried about our chances of passing arsenal after watching sanchez today, they have wallcot, ozil etc all coming back to make very strong squad, I know it will probably look different next week, a bad performance by them and a good one by us, hard to watch sanchez without thinking what a difference he could have made to our season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Spurs and Southampton both ahead of us as well. Feck the league and win the 3 cups and still be in champions league next year.
    It's once, twice, thrice times out year

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Spurs and Southampton both ahead of us as well. Feck the league and win the 3 cups and still be in champions league next year.
    It's once, twice, thrice times out year

Finish ahead of Spurs and Arsenal and we are top 4. Forget about Southampton or West Ham. Not likely, but thankfully still possible.

Finish ahead of Spurs and Arsenal and we are top 4. Forget about Southampton or West Ham. Not likely, but thankfully still possible.

I'd still have the Saints I there but not the Hammers all right. Can't see us leap frogging 3 teams.
    We'd have to continue this 2ppg until the end of the season and when the euro cup comes back we will struggle to cope with the games.
    I know a have been playing okay with the increase Christmas schedule but travel and recovery for European games is different.
    We're still in with a shout and if we could sign someone that can give us goals and keep the Studge fit, we might do it, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

With Moreno: WWWWWLWWW
    Without Moreno: LLLDLLLDWL

someone should go thru the whole team :D

Do one with Gerrard, they are always fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Arsenal always finish the season strong which is why they manage to end up top four (often against the odds) year after year. Liverpool also have to travel to the Emirates...

Bookies have Liverpool finishing 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Another 2 goals for Lacazette.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Arsenal always finish the season strong which is why they manage to end up top four (often against the odds) year after year. Liverpool also have to travel to the Emirates...

Bookies have Liverpool finishing 7th

Rodgers has finished his previous seasons at Liverpool very strong as well. I recall us going on a crazy run last year after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Next weekend it could be 1 point , they have to play city .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Next weekend it could be 1 point , they have to play city .

Yeah but we have villa and we have a terrible record against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Charlie19 wrote: »

Oh god and it's away too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Charlie19 wrote: »

Still though it's not over by any shot .

We always win at villa park its a home we have the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Better buy benteke this week so to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

This season has been dire but ( and its a big BUT) if we had a run like the second half of last season and got to a final (or two ) it might make up for the drivel we've sat through.

There needs to be a serious look in the coaching and transfers though.

Our last 6 is LDWWLD, I don't think it really matters with the venue when it comes to Villa.

Maybe we should loan Fowler back for the game. Should win 3-0 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Squad wise though things have improved hugely. Can/Sakho getting games. Lazar looking like a player. Sturridge about to return. Sterling had a good rest. Coutinho looks to be in great form. Things are looking up.

lallana coming good too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Southampton really are a great team. I'm really starting to think they won't just slip away as everyone expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hindsight and all that but if only we have Southampton the 20 mill for schneiderlan, he's exactly what we need/needed

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Southampton really are a great team. I'm really starting to think they won't just slip away as everyone expected.

Defensively very sound and look assured on the ball. Definitely would have them in with Arsenal and Spurs in who we need to play better than and not hope they slip away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Defensively very sound and look assured on the ball. Definitely would have them in with Arsenal and Spurs in who we need to play better than and not hope they slip away.

What about United?

If I am wrong and they don't fade away then I'd much prefer them to get top 4 than Arsenal or Spurs assuming we don't get it. Them and us in there would be even better, but let's not stretch things too far.

What about United?

I think most people have a set top 3 of Chelsea, City and United....4th is what the rest of us are playing for.

Though just took a look at the table, this result today has United right back in with the rest. Still reckon they're favourite for third though.

• Advertisement

Might be going to Sunderland via oslo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think most people have a set top 3 of Chelsea, City and United....4th is what the rest of us are playing for.

As things stand United are one point ahead of Arsenal. Their performances have not been very good for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Even tho they have played very well this season, I would still be very surprised if southampton are in the mix for top four come the end.

What about United?

Only in one cup and haven't to worry about any European competition and that will help them a bit I think.
    They also have a lot of quality up top which always helps. We are too far back on them.
    I just can't see us making up the big swing in points needed to close the gap.
    If we got in some quality forwards with goals, maybe.
    As things stand United are one point ahead of Arsenal. Their performances have not been very good for the most part

Not very good but usually winning points.

its more the top 2 are certain. 3rd and 4th are wide open imo, united really dropped the ball over xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

United now on the exact same points as this time as last season under Moyes.

Would have preferred if it was someone other than Southampton that took 3 points off them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Watched a funny film there today.

And by film I mean game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

United have been **** for the majority of the season while winning games. I certainly wouldn't have them nailed as one of the top 4 places.

All in all, good weekend for us. Can't believe, after how bad the first half of the season was, that we're still only 5 points off 4th.

To be honest I have more faith in us putting a decent second half of the season together than those around us. In the past 2 seasons, Pool have had amongst the best second halves. Sturridge coming back, the summer signings bedding in nicely (aside from Lovren), i'm feeling quite positive actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Not in a bad position at all now for 4th.

Given what came before this is an excellent position we find ourselves in.

Get Sturridge back in and there's no reason we can't sneak back in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really wish the results would stop giving me hope, but here I am again with my optimism creeping back in.

its more the top 2 are certain. 3rd and 4th are wide open imo, united really dropped the ball over xmas.

I don't think we will find the consistency to overhaul all the teams above us, but it's still there to be contested at least.

Another crap performance against Villa though and I'll be spitting chips. This is the first full week we've had between games in a long time so hopefully some of this extra prep that everyone's been saying we have lacked this season can come into play and a few things can be worked on.

We have less room for slip ups than others, and while we should have 4 wins on the trot now (Leicester, ugh) hopefully we can continue, but we have a very tricky set of fixtures coming up in the league.

Villa A
    W Ham H
    Everton A
    Spurs H
    Southampton A
    City H
    Burnley H
    Swansea A
    Arsenal A

6 of those 8 teams are ahead of us now, and 1 of them is only just behind us.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I really wish the results would stop giving me hope, but here I am again with my optimism creeping back in.

I know we have been so bad we shouldnt have a hope but here we are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I don't think we will find the consistency to overhaul all the teams above us, but it's still there to be contested at least.

Another crap performance against Villa though and I'll be spitting chips. This is the first full week we've had between games in a long time so hopefully some of this extra prep that everyone's been saying we have lacked this season can come into play and a few things can be worked on.

We have less room for slip ups than others, and while we should have 4 wins on the trot now (Leicester, ugh) hopefully we can continue, but we have a very tricky set of fixtures coming up in the league.

Villa A
    W Ham H
    Spurs H
    Southampton A
    City H
    Burnley H
    Swansea A
    Arsenal A

6 of those 8 teams are ahead of us now, and 1 of them is only just behind us.

Thought we have everton after the spurs game ?

We should of bought Fonte instead of Lovren for half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I have feeling throwing away a 2-0 lead at home against Leicester is going to be the one that kills us.we'd be right in the mix if it wasn't for that

Southampton aren't going away by the looks of it.

ricero wrote: »
    Thought we have everton after the spurs game ?

Sorry, Everton A before Spurs. I forgot to include that, but despite their awful form it's still a derby so doesn't help a lot in terms of easing the tough fixtures.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Southampton aren't going away by the looks of it.

There is a long long way to go and they dont have the experience of been in this position, that man united, arsenal and even liverpool have.

Saying that if its not us, I hope they get 4th so far they are good value for it and im sick to death of watching arsenal coast to it year after year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

There is a long long way to go and they dont have the experience of been in this position, that man united, arsenal and even liverpool have.

Saying that if its not us, I hope they get 4th so far they are good value for it and im sick to death of watching arsenal coast to it year after year.

You can't win anything with kids!

I hope they get 3rd and we get 4th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement